It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am looking at what appears to be a UFO outside my house right now..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I am pretty startled right now, my heart is racing a mile a minute. Now I don't know EXACTLY what I saw, because it was obviously unidentified. What I can say is that all I saw of it were blinking lights. I only saw one set of blinking lights, and it was blinking in 3 burst intervals. Sounds like a plane right? I thought that too at first, until I looked closer and it looked at though every time the object would blink it's lights, it'd be in a different area of the sky. I know these aren't planes because the sky isn't cloudy at the moment, and you can usually hear the plane engine pretty well.

I grabbed my camera because I know that if I don't have pictures or some sort of proof, this story would most likely be dismissed. But, with all good UFO stories... It went away as soon as I got my camera ready. Still, I am startled at what I saw.

My main question is, has anyone ever seen anything like that? Or are the chances high it was some sort of plane? Because I could've swore that FAA lights had two sets of lights. Blinking lights and static lights (lights that didn't blink). Any help on this matter would be great, thank you.

I will continue to observe the sky tonight just in case I can find anything to further prove my story.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
"G"Day,

Well you know what they will say don't you, in here it's not wise to claim with out pic's to back your claim up.

Thanks for sharing your story though, have your cam with you next time.

Kernoonos:

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Kernoonos]

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Kernoonos]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Well before you get burnt by the flamers i want to say .Cool. You should write it up with MUFON even if you do not have pics. If others saw it and took pictures it would help back up their claim.
Im not sure what it does (im new) but i gave you the star and flag.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Atheiet]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I once saw something of similar nature near where I live on a beach. It seemed to be flashing the lights in the way you described it.

The only thing I distinctly remember was that I looked down at my cell for about two seconds and the object was in a completely different position in the sky. Shortly thereafter it kind of "bounced" toward the horizon and just sat there blinking (sometimes irregularly).

but who the hell really knows, could be related to some sort of weather phenomena, the sky was acting a little strange that day.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Let me know when you see a saucer-shaped craft with "Grey-looking aliens" looking out the window at you, otherwise it's just another case of "lights." Who knows what it was that you saw, probably at least 50 different possible explanations.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Could it be a plane?
Yes.

As the laws in many areas have become stricter in the area of noise abatement, the newer engine designs have had to consider this. An aircrafts lights can be visible long before you hear any engine noise, and even then, with the newer engines, you often cannot hear them unless they are passing or flying away from you. They are nearly silent when facing head on, until they are almost above you.

As to the lights.
Aircraft are required to have a set of landing lights, which they must use below 10K feet, a red and green navigation light, wingtip strobes, and a rotating beacon light. Other lights are company preference, or in the case of private aircraft, personal preference. Commercial airlines will have additional lights such as logo lights, which are either operated at the pilot’s discretion or in accordance with company policy.

Now with that said, it’s not always possible to see all these lights. Some of the lights are more powerful and will drown out the weaker lights over a long distance. Some of the lights can be blocked by parts of the aircraft fuselage or engines themselves. A classic example of this is the MD-80/DC-9, with its three landing lights:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73039b19215c.jpg[/atsimg]
As you can see from the front, it is difficult to make out the navigation lights, strobe lights, and rotating beacon when the landing lights are active:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fabd3121859b.jpg[/atsimg]
If you look REALLY close in the middle of the above pictured aircrafts belly is the rotating beacon light, which is often hidden by the landing light on the nosewheel of the aircraft.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95a09d136eb6.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e739252db44.jpg[/atsimg]
This is due to the proximity of the navigation lights and strobe lights to the much more powerful landing lights:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e94319e6099c.jpg[/atsimg]
MD-80's and DC-9's, IMHO, encompass the majority of the black “triangle” UFO sightings. Obviously, other aircraft have other issues and slightly different looks, but many are still misidentified as UFO’s because they don’t look as people expect them too all the time.

Edit to add…
Sorry, I forgot to put this in.
From what you described, it sounds like it could have been the rotating beacon light of a high altitude aircraft. Navigation lights are not that bright and would not be visible from great altitude or distance, and at altitude, aircraft are silent to those on the ground. There is only a single rotating beacon light visible on the bottom, between the engines, of an aircraft at high altitude. Strobes might be visible if you see the aircraft from behind.

Hope that helps.

[edit on 6/3/2009 by defcon5]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black Ops
it looked at though every time the object would blink it's lights, it'd be in a different area of the sky.

Uhh? Can you elaborate on that statement? It sounds very strange when you can rule out an optical illusion

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I have a 100 mw green laser and I pointed it at the sky to see its cool beam...30 seconds later I heard every person down the street having a bonfire say look a UFO!!!! so I messed with them for a few minutes ...it's off topic but funny nevertheless

maybe you live down the street from me

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Black Ops

At this point I have to say, much to the chagrin of more ostensibly levelheaded readers, that there is a pretty good chance what you saw was either advanced tech, or an ET piloted (or hologram of) craft.

I've been seeing so many claims of - and through my own personal experiences of - aircraft acting in such an unusual and, for our aircraft, impossible way that something is definitely going on here.

What I've ascertained is that there are either holograms (advanced Earth or ET tech), or flat out advanced craft that are mimicking our domestic aircraft for some reason.

These craft are appearing at night and in broad daylight, and they are acting just plane (pun) weird.

For example, here is some daylight footage of what appears to be a commercial airliner taken in California in March of this year (by Youtube user, Kingufokid) - LINK.

In the above video you can clearly see this jet actually drop, or swoop down in a way that I've only seen saucers, or ufos move. Gravity, or other physical laws don't seem to be a deterrent for these "different" aircraft.

Kingufokid has plenty of nighttime video of helicopters and other aircraft he'll tell you are not normal - and neither will I.

There have been a string of threads opened here at ATS alone on these craft. Here is a smattering of those threads:

Witnessed strange airplane LAX on 3/26 around 2am

Strange Planes

Overnight aircraft

weird plane formations/flying (not UFO)

UFO's Faking Jet Noises to Blend in?

Is this plane REALLY a UFO?

Plane that hovers

Just saw three red lights on jet, weird

Pulsing lights, helicopters, and a strange plane

Strange Plane

Trying to trace a plane...

So, if you think you're seeing things you're definitely not alone. Not only that, we have more than eyewitness accounts now - we have evidence.

Something is going on, something very, very strange, and it's pretty spread out.

The question is, will the fact of this really sink in? What does it mean?

The implications are profound. It could actually be part of the first step in open contact.

Keep watching...I'm sure you'll be seeing much more...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by atswheat
For example, here is some daylight footage of what appears to be a commercial airliner taken in California in March of this year (by Youtube user, Kingufokid) - LINK.

In the above video you can clearly see this jet actually drop, or swoop down in a way that I've only seen saucers, or ufos move. Gravity, or other physical laws don't seem to be a deterrent for these "different" aircraft.

Aircraft most assuredly can drop like that. For example, from a Downburst/Microburst (numerous aircraft have been slammed right into the ground from these), or it can happen as a result of a stall:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

defcon5, I understand what you’re saying.

Given the video, is it possible what you’re describing is what is being witnessed? It is possible. In the context of everything that individual has filmed, and the statements and evidence provided by many others (including my own), however, it is also possible that this is something more.

The links I provided above are likely not the reports of several “lucky” individuals, all reporting seeing aircraft performing some strange feat, or behaving in some odd way just by happenstance. In other words, all of the people making these reports - and providing evidence of this strange behavior - are not just coincidentally all "at the right place, at the right time."

It is understood that there exist rational explanations for certain sightings. It should also be understood that for some sightings, there is no rational explanation, yet. When we get this explanation - truly find out what is happening, many might not believe their ears (or eyes).

Some people are seeing commercial airliners, or other domestic aircraft sitting frozen in mid air. Is it possible these planes / jets are just moving too slow as to be detected by the viewer? Anything is possible.

The real question here is, Why are all of these people being surprised, startled and confused by seemingly domestic aircraft all of a sudden?

New, persistent jet streams are one thing; but now we’ve moved on to commercial airliners hovering, frozen in mid-air and engaging in other similarly bizarre behavior.

The video you commented on is just one piece of evidence of a (quickly growing) mountain of evidence and firsthand eyewitness testimony of what appear to be domestic aircraft behaving totally irregularly.

One case could be overlooked, but the amount of reports and evidence coming in suggests something else entirely.

I realize that there are hopeful ufo / ET buffs following this and related stories, but this isn’t wishful thinking – we have the evidence.

I will say, however, that given the possibility that video and photos can be manipulated, we are still at a standstill as far as this evidence tipping the scales in favor of an ET, supernatural, or paranormal explanation.

So, the believers remain on one side of the fence, while the disbelievers are waiting for their own personal experiences. Well I say, it will come.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
That is why I came on here, to try and clarify what I saw. Like I said, it had blinking lights, in three-burst intervals; but it would dance around in different areas of the sky. That doesn't seem like the characteristics of a plane to me.

Also I want to point out that it was raining/thundering/lightning, 5 minutes after the event took place. Hope that helps.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Black Ops, it would be impossible to confirm exactly what it was you saw.

There's a good possibility it was an ET craft; but an equally good possibility it was an Earth technology, albeit advanced.

Only you can decide that for yourself. The odds are increasingly in the favor of it being an ET craft, but we'll never know; or at least for the moment we don't know.

I suspect you'll see this again. Maybe get footage of it.

If you're asking about the possibility that what you saw was not of this Earth, the answer is probably yes.

It's possible the reason you saw it in the first place is that some sort of contact is starting, consciously, for you personally.

I am having similar experiences, and I've already confirmed that there is a direct correlation / connection between myself and the bizarre aircraft I'm observing. I feel that I, specifically, am being observed when I see these craft...This is evidenced in these craft "responding" to my behavior / intentions, for example.

Hopefully, this sort of thing doesn't unnerve you...

It's unfolding...Just enjoy the ride.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

In the context of everything that individual has filmed, and the statements and evidence provided by many others (including my own), however, it is also possible that this is something more.

I didn't see anything about that being anything other then an normal aircraft in the video? What else was witnessed or filmed?

The links I provided above are likely not the reports of several “lucky” individuals, all reporting seeing aircraft performing some strange feat, or behaving in some odd way just by happenstance. In other words, all of the people making these reports - and providing evidence of this strange behavior - are not just coincidentally all "at the right place, at the right time."

Most of those ATS links can similarly be dismissed as misidentification, or optical illusions.

Some people are seeing commercial airliners, or other domestic aircraft sitting frozen in mid air. Is it possible these planes / jets are just moving too slow as to be detected by the viewer? Anything is possible.

Normally that is a case of a very common optical illusion. One were you are traveling in a car in the opposite direction as the aircraft. Another optical illusion of aircraft hovering, is when they are approaching you head-on over a long distance.

The real question here is, Why are all of these people being surprised, startled and confused by seemingly domestic aircraft all of a sudden?

Probably because they have never experienced that illusion before.

New, persistent jet streams are one thing; but now we’ve moved on to commercial airliners hovering, frozen in mid-air and engaging in other similarly bizarre behavior.

It is possible for an aircraft to be moving in an air mass with enough speed to remain in flight, yet have little ground speed.

top topics

join