It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why peaceful NZ leads the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Why peaceful NZ leads the world

www.nzherald.co.nz

New Zealand has been judged the most peaceful nation in the world.

An Australian thinktank recognised our stable political situation, relatively low rate of violence and decrease in military spending.

The Institute for Economics and Peace list was created after the start of the global recession, finding the financial meltdown was dragging the world toward political instability and conflict.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yay! Always this is why I love my home country. I've been away for a couple of years now and want to head back there to live eventually. Just the low wages that's stopping me now. Given the political change that happened in the last election, I'm hopeful for the economic future of NZ now as well.

www.nzherald.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
i must admit, when TSHTF I would rather be here in New Zealand than anywhere else.

We are self sustainable with food,water and energy.

and we only have around 4 million people.

its a good start!!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hahahaha, nice to know.

They got the leading part wrong though.

We are self sustainable with food,water and energy.

That is a start, to bad most of us are hooked on technology and oil reliance on the rest of the world.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by lepracornman]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish.

The NZ I know is a black, violent place rampant with gang violence, domestic violence, serious drug problems and racial tension.

I felt much safer living in Southern California than I do in South Auckland.

Peaceful internationally, maybe...but that's it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Too far away from anywhere to P#ss anyone off ?

Smoke that much dope and you'd be passive too

[edit on 3-6-2009 by sy.gunson]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

The NZ I know is a black, violent place rampant with gang violence, domestic violence, serious drug problems and racial tension.

Thats what I thought mate. The filth needs to be cleaned out before they can parade this.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

yes, but you are in south auckland!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

JAFA alert

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
What kind of taxes do you pay in NZ?

Do you pay property taxes?

Federal meaning to the central govt? What about to local?

are taxes taken out directly from you paychecks, or are you responsible to pay them on your own? if so quarterly, yearly?

Do you pay sales tax?

is there a social security tax and other miscellaneous taxes you have to pay?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by Fuggle

yes, but you are in south auckland!!!

Tbh, most New Zealanders don't count auckland as NZ

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

JAFA alert

Ah the great divide! I'm from far away on the west coast of the South Island, and glad to have been able to mostly ignore what goes on north of the Bombay Hills. No disrespect intended to Aucklanders - your input is vital to the running of New Zealand.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Yeah of course we have taxes including sales taxes.

There is no formal Capital gains tax however if you trade and speculate in property after a tax assessment they put you in a very high tax bracket.

We have one federal government and we also pay rates to local authorities like city or borough councils.

We have a PAYE system of tax deduction from pay checks or you can be a private contractor and pay your own.

No social security taxes as such. Social security is funded out of ordinary income taxes as is health care. Also the Government subsidises medications and it is near free for the poorest people. Yes we have a system of welfare support. Government and some regional authorities provide assisted housing. Health care is free or you can opt for private. Government health care has delays for elective surgery.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
thats because they`re all off shagging the sheep - since theres billions of the damn things

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Yeah of course we have taxes including sales taxes.

There is no formal Capital gains tax however if you trade and speculate in property after a tax assessment they put you in a very high tax bracket.

We have one federal government and we also pay rates to local authorities like city or borough councils.

We have a PAYE system of tax deduction from pay checks or you can be a private contractor and pay your own.

No social security taxes as such. Social security is funded out of ordinary income taxes as is health care. Also the Government subsidises medications and it is near free for the poorest people. Yes we have a system of welfare support. Government and some regional authorities provide assisted housing. Health care is free or you can opt for private. Government health care has delays for elective surgery.

Right but what kind of % do you pay? ..... Like in america after everything is said and done most people are paying about 30-40% in taxes(even higher if you count property or if you buy something).

Do you have a real property tax where you have to pay a certain amount every month qtr or year to the govt just for the right to live in a house? In the US again many people pay several thousand dollars a year to the local govt in property tax.

I mean in California we buy house a for say $400,000 then have to pay 1% of its value ($4k) to to the govt every single year. SO even after we pay our mortgage and everything we can never truly own our own home or property. Is it like this in NZ as well?

new topics

top topics

join