It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is music? is it our social glue? Is music the matter that matters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Hi again Zazz,
I am a Muso. Was professional for approx. 10 years.
Heres my take:
1) Its a form of self expression
2) as long as the musician enjoys themself, it doesn't matter whom it appeals to
3) I can be correlated with spiritual practice E.g: Gregorian Chant, Jappa yoga, Vibration of Holy names, mantras

It has long been discussed that certain notes can produce different reactions within the psyche.
The vibrational methods (as with mongolian, tibetan techniques) could be attributed to the pronounced vibrational method of chant; required in Enochian recitation of the Enochian Keys.
These principles are more akin for vocalists (of coarse).

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ive thought more on this thread today as last nght I dreamt music. Nothing but music, it was an interesting experience to say the least.

I felt I was creating instead of just observing.
Music reflects that, it is is a result of something from random nothingness/chaos we get order when we produce the correct 'formula'.

We are all living in a symphony. Ive seen alot of music threads after this was made and read them all, and felt its nice to see people are also thinking there is more to music than just observe and entertain. We create it also. Same goes fro every part of my day, I create and observe.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Ive thought more on this thread today as last nght I dreamt music. Nothing but music, it was an interesting experience to say the least.

I missed this thread when you first got it started - so glad it popped up now

what you just said - about dreaming in music - I've done that

was wondering if you could elaborate a little more?

there was no story line in mine - no visuals really - I just remember music as if it were sound - and image - and language - it meant something and I remember trying very hard to understand what I was hearing

of course - it was just a dream - but it was unusual

and I was so sure I could almost make out what it meant - drove me crazy to wake up and lose the whole thing

music is a mystery - for sure

I'm not a musician - there's so much I wonder about when it comes to music - but I don't know enough to know how to put my questions - if you know what I mean? :-)

also - that Bach piece - beautiful

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Hey Spira girl, its hard to describe.
there wasnt visual, only music, it was Bach- like both sound and feeling hence I posted Bach. I rarely dream with no visual, it was void, kinda with music, i was the sound,I was creating the sound and making the sound...... ummm sounds tooo whacky lol, but i hope i experience it again.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Music is the sound of life.

It crosses all cultures, defies classism, racism and every other man made obstacle that stands between human beings.

It is a universal language that defies all boundaries, and it is the most divine gift that we as humans have ever received. A true gift from the God's

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I rarely dream with no visual, it was void, kinda with music, i was the sound,I was creating the sound and making the sound......

see - that's what I was wondering - no visual - almost impossible to describe

it was like being in the sound - or being the sound - so I understand

....ummm sounds tooo whacky lol, but i hope i experience it again.

yes, well - that's dreams for you

I've had a couple different versions of mine - so maybe you wil as well

:-)

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Starred

It is a universal language that defies all boundaries, and it is the most divine gift that we as humans have ever received.

Universal language is math, and I agree, I see music as not applied math, but physical math, how the universe works. Everyone undertsands it, language isnt required.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If you like beautiful piano music you listen to:
The heart asks for pleasure first by Michael Nyman

and
Woods of chaos by Rob Costlow.

It's such beautiful music and I get the overwhelming sense of peace when listening to it. Music, for me, is definitely a large driving force in my life.

When I think about it, most of the hard times in my life, all that's been there was my music and I have some for every mood, literally. S&F zazzy!

[edit on 30-9-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Faithless - God is a DJ

A piece of music like this means more to me and on more levels that I have time to explain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join