It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Gets Tazed, Mocks Cops, and Gets Away

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
I didn't say anything about right and wrong, YOU did.

lol, right. Because the entire topic of this thread hasn't been about the cops being wrong for not telling him the charges and so forth or dealing with what is the proper authorities.

And you don't know what's "going to happen." You have absolutely no idea. You may THINK you know, but you don't. I know enough about how complicated the legal system is, to know they can pretty much do whatever they want. The flip side to that is that they can also be manipulated into any sort of decision by someone who knows how to behave in a court room. Trust me, you don't KNOW what happens next. None of us do. It's in his hands.

He is going to be facing more charges for running. FACT. Let's see, resisting arrest and eluding I can think of off the top of my head. Furthermore, he will be facing outstanding warrants now rather than a bench warrant which is treated much differently.

Sure I don't know exactly whats going to happen to the guy, I don't even know if the video is real. But it doesn't take a genius to figure out what charges are going to be added or what laws he broke additionally in the video.

I am also a physical authority. If I made such a decree, as "I will now run from the police," you know two things: 1) I'm going to do it to the best of my ability, which I think would be damned good at it, and 2) I'm still going to lead a happy, enriching and peaceful, spiritual life. To me, there are some things worse than having the law after you. Much worse things, actually. One of which is groveling. You are basically telling me you have no spine and whining to me about it. This isn't even an argument.

This is ridiculous. I have spent hours and hours posting on these forums about how these authorities are false authorities. And now because I simply point out the obvious in this case, which should have been apparent to everyone from the start you pretend as if I'm saying it's right that it happens.

Feel like I'm arguing with myself. In post after post I try to point out to people exactly what you say. So for you to accuse me of such things is ridiculous. But I'm NOT talking about such things. If you would quit being so defensive about it, maybe you can see that.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Something fishy about the video.

There is 2 options for me.

1.) the cops didnt really want to arrest him. (small infraction, tired, end of the shift or whatever reason)

2.) its a staged situation.

Still a funny video.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I smell "drunk guy on lawnmower hoax". Entertaining none the less.
a) cop would have had to remove the cartridge from the front of his taser to deploy close range.
b) the taser , as was stated earlier was a civvie model
c) the officer did answer why he was being arrested ," you have a warrant"
d) during the altercation they paid no mind to his "wife" standing there filming. How many actual videos have we seen where the cop doesnt want you filming. It aggravates the situation.
e) the one heavier cop looks remarkably like the guy from the hoax drunk lawnmower man viral.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

I didn't say anything about right and wrong, YOU did.

lol, right. Because the entire topic of this thread hasn't been about the cops being wrong for not telling him the charges and so forth or dealing with what is the proper authorities.

I am not this entire thread. Furthermore I do not even subscribe to any dualities, though I may make use of dualistic terms to express things.

"Right/wrong," "good/bad," "up/down" are all relative and really don't even make sense to me. They made sense to me when I was a child, but not anymore. So no, I'm not making this about "right and wrong," because I don't even believe in such concepts. YOU are the one making this about right and wrong, because you keep bringing it up, and you keep obsessing over it and telling me what people should or shouldn't do BASED on the law.

He is going to be facing more charges for running. FACT.

No kidding. I also doubt he really gives a damn. I know I wouldn't.

Btw, do you know what often happens to failure to appears or resisting arrests? They are DROPPED in court. Not always, but OFTEN. My failure to appear was dropped for example, not because I was "lucky" but because I am smart and know how to behave in a court room. You are really over-stressing yourself for this man. I feel more sorry for you than I do for him. If you were in his shoes, yes, YOU would be screwed! I feel very sorry for you. But him? And myself? After watching this, and knowing myself how the system can be and is manipulated every day, I do not worry about it.

But it doesn't take a genius to figure out what charges are going to be added or what laws he broke additionally in the video.

It wouldn't take a genius to point out that this is all totally inconsequential to anyone who doesn't give two rat asses about the law.

I don't understand why you feel as though you need to defend the law in any way whatsoever. Don't they have enough police officers for that already?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krpano
1.) the cops didnt really want to arrest him. (small infraction, tired, end of the shift or whatever reason)

Maybe a combination of some of those things as well but I think the REAL reason they didn't want to arrest him, was because he was making them very uncomfortable in performing their job. You are right that they obviously didn't WANT to arrest him, and he made sure of that himself. All these weird vibes people are getting from this video, that was exactly this man's intention. He made the cops feel the same way, and he HAD to.

If you were a cop, if he was just talking trash to you, it would make you mad and you would WANT to arrest him.

If he were acting guilty and ashamed of himself, as if he really WERE a criminal, then they would be more determined to fulfill the requirements of their job and they would WANT to arrest him.

If he just laid there and did nothing, they would be annoyed but they would still WANT to arrest him simply because that's what they have him on the ground for, they're already in the middle of it, he's just being a slight nuisance, nothing unusual, etc.

This man's actions were PERFECT for throwing the cops off-guard, confusing them, making them wonder if he was even sane, and just dis-engaging cop-like mentalities in general. You people don't realize that in this world, where we all live, everybody just makes stuff up! Everything is just made up, none of it really makes any sense, except when we MAKE it make sense; it's all in our heads individually. A cop doesn't have any duty to nature to do what they do, except their own nature they create for themselves, just like criminals don't owe it to nature to commit crimes except for what they make of their own actions. We can all do whatever we want. A cop doesn't really have to arrest anyone. This situation is so surreal because this man knows this and uses it to his greatest advantage. "These aren't the droids you're looking for."

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Btw, do you know what often happens to failure to appears or resisting arrests? They are DROPPED in court. Not always, but OFTEN.

A failure to appear is just a bench warrant, and yes they are usually dropped once the person appears in court. But if you run from the cops like the video, then it is not just a bench warrant, it's an outstanding warrant. Those charges added to what he did there are not usually dropped and are completely different.

I don't understand why you feel as though you need to defend the law in any way whatsoever. Don't they have enough police officers for that already?

And this is why we have the argument here. I keep saying I am not defending the law, I'm just stating what will happen. It has nothing to do with if the law is right or wrong, or if the authority is correct. Thus, I am NOT defending the law. Now, will you please realize this, as I have pointed this same thing out in each and every post, and you keep ignoring it.

You say you are not dualistic, but yet in this case just because I happen to point out what will happen, you have adopted the dualistic point of view that I must be defending the law.

If you can't figure it out after this, and once again act is if I'm defending the law then good day, I have better things to do. No point in trying to debate someone who just keeps putting assumptions on what is said to them. You aren't debating me, your debating your assumptions.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

You say you are not dualistic, but yet in this case just because I happen to point out what will happen

This is the very atom of our disagreement.

"What will happen" is your weasel-word way of saying something "bad" will happen.

You did in fact say things were made "worse" (ie "bad-er"):

I am posting because the person in the video has made things worse for himself.

"What will happen" according to me, on the other hand, is not necessarily "worse," and in fact will NOT be worse if you don't think of it as worse, and I don't. And on top of that I have very good and logical reasons as to why I wouldn't trouble my mind with such problems, though I'm sure you have your own reasons as to why you should be afraid of what they will do.

It is simply a difference of emotional connotations surrounding the event. I'm not bound by the same emotions you associate with getting in trouble with the law. Ie, it is not "worse" to me, at all. It is just the same as today. You can't really scare me with it, either. I actually plan on dodging the law indefinitely at some point because of the instatement of martial law in this country anyway, and this is something I've had to become mentally and emotionally capable of handling. It comes very slowly but I've been preparing for years already, and only see the signs becoming more and more clear so far into all this mess. If things change, so be it, but I still don't care about any authority figure.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

If the guy wasn't worried about it like you are saying, then he wouldn't have tried to run in the first place.

If you didn't care, then what purpose or reason would you have to run?

If the man was worried about the consequences enough to run from the previous warrant, then he is really going to be worried about them now.

Sorry, can't run from something like that and say at the same time you aren't worried about the consequences. Your actions tell the truth.

I don't need to scare you, you are already scared.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

If you didn't care, then what purpose or reason would you have to run?

The guy says it best himself in the video,

I am defending myself, in favor of THAT

If the man was worried about the consequences enough to run from the previous warrant, then he is really going to be worried about them now.

Your fallacy is you carry the worry beyond the immediate event. You are free to do so, but don't assume everyone else does the same thing, because we do not.

There is a Zen koan about this habit:

Tanzan and Ekido were once traveling together down a muddy road. A heavy rain was still falling.

Coming around a bend, they met a lovely girl in a silk kimono and sash, unable to cross the intersection.

"Come on, girl" said Tanzan at once. Lifting her in his arms, he carried her over the mud.

Ekido did not speak again until that night when they reached a lodging temple. Then he no longer could restrain himself. "We monks don't go near females," he told Tanzan, "especially not young and lovely ones. It is dangerous. Why did you do that?"

"I left the girl there," said Tanzan. "Are you still carrying her?"

Sorry, can't run from something like that and say at the same time you aren't worried about the consequences. Your actions tell the truth.

And the very obvious truth that this man's actions "told" allowed him a miraculous escape from the very system that continues to bind you. That's why I was so impressed with him in the first place.

Like many others here, I extend him kudos!
lol

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
haha That was too funny

Thanks for the laugh

Alien Mind

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Tazering up close? A Tazer can be used one of 2 ways, as a stun gun (as in the video) or as a Tazer (projectile). Do your homework.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by matrixglitches

That is exactly why the taser did not affect the man.

Instead of using it like a stun gun, the officer discharged the prongs. That should never be done at close range. One of the prongs didn't catch him, so no shock.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by danj3ris
I have one question. It's a simple question. Fill in the blank for me somebody:

Cop: "You are under arrest right now".
Man on floor: "For what? For what charge? What is the charge? What is the charge?"
Cop: "__ _______ ______"

I don't know about you, but I heard "it doesn't matter".

Cops -1

EXACTLY..... Those cops were idiots, and to arrest someone without stating why they are under arrest is quite possibly illegal.

Fair play to that guy. Those cops were noobs.

Can everyone here please stop with the whole "They didn't tell him what he was being arrested for"?

They clearly stated more than once that there was a warrant for his arrest.

That is all they are legally obligated to tell him.

They later told him "it doesn't matter" because he was refusing to acknowledge that he understood he was under arrest, making the cops question his mental state.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by craig732]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I believe all Law Enforcment, Local, State and Federal are brainwashed
into believing everyone is GUILTY until proven Inoccent.

And "GOD" forbid you have any type of previous offenses against you.

that you were proven innoccent of.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The guy says it best himself in the video,

I am defending myself, in favor of THAT

Your fallacy is you carry the worry beyond the immediate event. You are free to do so, but don't assume everyone else does the same thing, because we do not.

There is a Zen koan about this habit:

Tanzan and Ekido were once traveling together down a muddy road. A heavy rain was still falling.

Coming around a bend, they met a lovely girl in a silk kimono and sash, unable to cross the intersection.

"Come on, girl" said Tanzan at once. Lifting her in his arms, he carried her over the mud.

Ekido did not speak again until that night when they reached a lodging temple. Then he no longer could restrain himself. "We monks don't go near females," he told Tanzan, "especially not young and lovely ones. It is dangerous. Why did you do that?"

"I left the girl there," said Tanzan. "Are you still carrying her?"

Sorry, but not being able to look at the consequences of your actions is hardly a desirable trait. I think it's pretty obvious the man wasn't thinking beyond 5 minutes in his life, otherwise he wouldn't have done his actions.

I don't know what the man did to start it, if anything, but there is a better way to do things. If he had been arrested on dumb charges, then putting that into the public eye would have done much more in the long term, as well as having been better off for him.

The little thing you gave me isn't even relevant to the discussion. It doesn't matter if that man "let's it go", those who will be going after him aren't going to.

And the very obvious truth that this man's actions "told" allowed him a miraculous escape from the very system that continues to bind you. That's why I was so impressed with him in the first place.

Like many others here, I extend him kudos!
lol

Temporary escape by going on the run is hardly freeing you from the system that binds you. He may have won a "minor battle", but winning a battle is hardly winning a war.

It's about like claiming the "wins" in Iraq help against the "war". In reality they do not, they make things worse. Of course, only someone who is shortsighted, and can't look beyond the "immediate event" who would actually think such a thing was true.

Your entire position is based on the hatred for them, not on common sense, intelligence or in the name of what is best and most helpful. Proven by you continuously turning anyone who doesn't agree with you into being "one of them". All is the work of hatred.

If you would like to talk about it in spiritual sense, I'm all for that. Start a topic on BTS in the spirituality forum on who are the legit authorities and who are not, and we can have that debate. I'm your huckleberry.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
He was probably on something. I've been hit with one in a training exercise. It's quite the attitude adjuster.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by finishr1
I believe all Law Enforcment, Local, State and Federal are brainwashed
into believing everyone is GUILTY until proven Inoccent.

And "GOD" forbid you have any type of previous offenses against you.

that you were proven innoccent of.

I have to disagree. What "brainwashes" you is seeing one too many women beat beyond recognition because their husband had a bad day...or innocent children losing their lives in the crossfire of a gang war. That does something to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join