It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emergence of President Obama's Muslim Roots

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Genus

Impeachment is meaningless, it is a vote of nonconfidence, not an actual firing. Historically the impeached are bound by tradition to step down but it is not legally required.

If he did commit electoral fraud he should be prosecuted like anyone else but his set of qualifications are too valuable. Not to mention, who is the alternative if he steps down? Hillary or Colin Powell might be able to pull it off but no one else in the cabinet jumps to mind including Biden. He's just another overprivileged white man who can't relate.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I don't care about how well he could do as president. Either change the law that requires the president to be U.S. born, or unseal the record that would prove if he qualifies in that regard.If he won't, that is tantamount of an admission of guilt and he should be impeached. The law is the law and unfortunately, when Nixon said "When the president does it, it is not illegal.", he seems to be right. This is NOT a religious discussion so let's please not steer it that way okay everyone?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It is non confidence when dealing with a lying fraud isn't it? I think it is...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sigh...some people just don't get it, am I alone on this one? Am I the only one that thinks breaking the law and the backing by our government to do so, just to let Obama be president for diplomatic reasons is wrong?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
He has a muslim background. So of course he is gonna show some respect to his father's religion.

Because my grandparents are catholic: I tour cathedrals, as many are beautiful. I appreciate some of the saints and what they stand for.

And I still pay priests respect, as much as I don't care for the institution. Because someoen still devoted their lives to their beliefs, whether I agree with it or not.

So I can be witnessed to attending Catholic weddings, catholic funerals,and church with my grandparents, and calling a priest Father.

It still doesn't make me Catholic. Not in the least bit.

So because Obama is being respecful, considering that he is trying to bring peace to the middle east, has no meaning on what his religious preferences are.

And these insinuations are just grasping at straws.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Personally I think he's an Atheist like myself but forced to proclaim a religious dogma to appease the ignorant masses. I also find it amusing how people who hate Obama oppose absolutely everything he says or does regardless of what it is. All they can see in their closed off minds is negative.

MUSLIM - TERRORIST - RAPTURE - ANTI CHRIST - ARMAGEDDON etc infinity...

I'm not saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread but he's certainly not a terrorist or the anti-Christ.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by InsaneInTheOlMembrain

I don't have a problem with him being a Muslim. I have a problem with him being a liar about it. And of course I have a very big problem with the fact that he is an illegal alien.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
"Illegal alien"? ROFLMAO!

I guess next we'll be "learning" that he's an alien from Alpha Centauri? Yeah, this must be true: those ears give him away!

Get a grip, people. He's American (for those who didn't know, Hawaii has been part of the United States for some years now), he's a Christian, and he ain't no Antichrist, bringer of the New World Order, member of the (take your pick): Illuminati, Freemasons, etc etc etc....

I believe some folks have been forgetting to take their pills for quite awhile now. (Not I--I take mine, which render me immune to this kind of delusional and paranoid--er--thinking??
)

If you gotta worry, try worrying about something real for a change. You'll feel a lot better. Sanity is way underrated.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I see another Clinton coming. Start the impeachment process and he starts a war somewhere.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by abovereproach
"Illegal alien"? ROFLMAO!

I guess next we'll be "learning" that he's an alien from Alpha Centauri? Yeah, this must be true: those ears give him away!

Sad deflection attempt since everyone else here actually knows what the term "illegal alien" means - unless, your stated location is really true ...

Get a grip, people. He's American (for those who didn't know, Hawaii has been part of the United States for some years now), he's a Christian, and he ain't no Antichrist, bringer of the New World Order, member of the (take your pick): Illuminati, Freemasons, etc etc etc....

Says who? You? Based on what?

I believe some folks have been forgetting to take their pills for quite awhile now. (Not I--I take mine, which render me immune to this kind of delusional and paranoid--er--thinking??
)

If you gotta worry, try worrying about something real for a change. You'll feel a lot better. Sanity is way underrated.

You finish your post with insults to other members?

Next ...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genus
Sigh...some people just don't get it, am I alone on this one? Am I the only one that thinks breaking the law and the backing by our government to do so, just to let Obama be president for diplomatic reasons is wrong?

Our American government is so incredibly corrupt and has been for so long, why should Obama be the Fall Guy now? I don't care for him one little bit, I found him extremely untrustworthy way back when. I knew he was feeding the public a line of crap so long it was almost funny. I remember seeing the dupes lined up to catch a glimpse of him; he fed them LIES, but then, why should we have expected any different?

Years ago I took an American Government class from a "Dr. Lee". He was from Viet Nam, teaching American History! That in itself was a rea misnomer back in the 70's. But I'll never forget something he said one class that ruffled some feathers: he said all American politicians should automatically be elected to serve two terms: one in office and the next in prison. I wasn't as outspoken but a couple of people did speak up and said they didn't appreciate his comment or agree with him, but he was as right as he could be.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
reply to post by Genus

Impeachment is meaningless, it is a vote of nonconfidence, not an actual firing. Historically the impeached are bound by tradition to step down but it is not legally required.

If he did commit electoral fraud he should be prosecuted like anyone else but his set of qualifications are too valuable. Not to mention, who is the alternative if he steps down? Hillary or Colin Powell might be able to pull it off but no one else in the cabinet jumps to mind including Biden. He's just another overprivileged white man who can't relate.

Inpeachment does require resignation if congress didnt get that from him they can legally prosecute and as such have him removed so its a little more serious then you think.When a sitting president is impeached in reality there is only 1 option get out.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join