It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emergence of President Obama's Muslim Roots

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Try this one

Yeah I have seen this video and there are others, one where a preacher kneels at an altar and thanks God for "once again, sending them a deliverer from the state of Illinois..." Actually this shows the very sad pathetic condition the black race is in, that they would think a single half-black guy could solve their problems.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by SaraThustra
The interesting thing is that everyone who pointed this out before the election was called a right wing racist and a liar. I wonder if the true believer Obamatons will ever wake up to all the other truths that were pointed out.

and what is an "obamaton"?

Check your mirror.

obamaton, obamatron, obamaphile: anyone displaying a blind and/or robotic love for obama with little or no basis for such actions or beliefs.

ok...on the lighter side...please...my ugly face is hard enough to look at in the mirror when i shave.
it's simple, the people that voted for obama think he will do better for the MAJORITY of us here in america, then mccain would have done....it's that simple, we don't think he's god, a messiah, or superman...we think he would do a better job at being president, that's it in a nutshell.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
reply to post by centurion1211

It seems to Me that the big deal is he never told anyone his father is a Muslim.

and my question is who cares?

Are people really that bitter about having a Democrat in office to judge him by his father's religion?

Sick, sick, sick..

Once again, it is truly amazing how many people can fail to understand a core issue without twisting it into something else entirely. Read the article and the rest of the thread and perhaps you will see that what you just said has no merit.

I'm trying to be kind here ...

Trying to be kind but yet...judging a man by his father's religious beliefs is not the most mature way to go....

I understand everyone's so angry and bitter Obama is president. I don't like him either and I believe he's going to drag this country to hell and possibly not even back..

But really. Honestly? His father is a Muslim. Who...Cares.........about his father's religion.

Or are you speaking of his he wasn't actually raised in THIS country? oh no, someone better call the police. We already knew about that.

To me, I just see a bunch of bitter individuals who keep saying "told you so" but told voters what? Stuff we already knew and that do not make a difference?

GET OVER IT.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The fact that he is Muslim isn't really that big of deal to me it's more of the fact that he is not honest about it and it was a collaborative lie to decieve us all......

I think we were infiltrated a long time ago and it's just taken time to get more of "them" whoever "them " is into positions of power......

All about control......

I can fully 100% understand wanting control over any ad every aspect of your life......

But why do people feel the need to have to control everyone else too ?

It's so childish.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

But, doesn't the fact that the Republican party even chose McCain as their front runner say alot? You mean to tell me out of all the able Republicans in this great land of ours that John McCain was the BEST choice?? It smells of conspiracy! Nothing against McCain personally, but did the Republican party even give itself a chance in winning the election by choosing him? Or were TPTB making it impossible for Obama NOT to win? Makes you think... and why Biden? I mean, here is a guy that tried to run for Prez himself and the Dems didn't think he was capable enough, but they don't think he will sit in the Prez's chair if anything happens to Obama?? Do you think it is because they knew that nothing COULD happen to Obama? That he was ABOVE rebuke or danger? Because it certainly looks that way...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
*for the moment there's only one country on the American continent being led by a native it is Bolivia
*when an Indian is elected as president in u.s. there will still be something missing...it is culture so what is u.s. culture....i wonder ... is it European...is it Asian...is it African...is it Indian...or is it a big mix of all these...
*now are u.s. a republic...a kingdom...an empire...and are u.s. Islamic,Christian,jewish,budhist ...etc,etc....
*these are the united states of America...a dreamland... a human utopia ...;it is not a place for politics but to chase after a dream called the American dream ;the land originally belongs to Indians so who really cares as long as it is not being presided by an Indian
*sorry but i have always found it hard to take that Americans have political opinions...still they are the most welcoming people on earth...;on the other hand the u.s. foreign policy is the worst on earth and this the dark side of the American dream ... this is the American nightmare ...;this duality casts a shadow and tells wake up from your American dream
*in utopia it is not problem to elect a president who's born elsewhere...it happens only in u.s. because it is the less serious country in the world and thus the most un-stable one

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What amazes me is the blind vote he got from 95% of blacks. Surely, more than 5% disagree with him. You have alot more diversity from other racial groups with more identity and voting prowess.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That's weird they took the video down. It must be a conspiracy. I think you know Islam worships Obama. Creepy

I would have liked to have seen it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Who cares if he is Muslim, Buddhist, Hindi, Baha'i, Zoroastrian, Jewish, Christian, Atheist, Pagan, etc.

I could really not give a flying f what he is why do you care so more are you a bigot ?

I dont care if he was a satanist as long as the job is done correctly.

Religion should not matter and to anyone who it does matter to is just a damn bigot

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with the guy, saying yesterday, "America could be considered one of the largest muslim nations in the world"? He just shows his ignorance more than anything. But aside from that I am getting a little weary of him making a case for muslims every time he turns around. How is that the job of the US President, to further the cause of muslims or any other religion? I don't really care what he is, and I don't expect the US Prez to base his policies on Christianity either for that matter. He just needs to learn to shut his trap up about ALL of it.

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Hold on...did we just go through a timewarp?

This is the most telling part of the whole article.

With insane rumors suggesting he was some sort of Muslim Manchurian candidate, then-Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., and his campaign did everything they could to emphasize his Christianity and de-emphasize the fact that his father, Barack Obama Sr., was born Muslim.

See that? Don't you think its shameful?

Here we have a supposedly enlightened country, and a man seeking the highest office, and the predjudice against muslims was a factor in the campaign. Predjudice. In 2008, by people in a country that supposedly "leads the world".

Just think about that.

And furthermore, its not about the man himself. Its about his father. Was anyone voting for his father? No.

So why is it an issue?

Well heres why - because there was a purposeful set up to smear all things muslim following 9/11. And boy oh boy did a lot of people drink the kool aid. And as is evident here, they're still drinking it.

Nothing in that article suggests Obama has lied about anything. All it suggests is that his fathers roots were downplayed during the campaign in order to pander to the lowest common denominator.

Well thats politics. Live with it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? Many of you are still stuck on STUPID and can't seem to get it through your heads.

It doesn't matter whether he's Muslim, Christian, or Hindu. He's not the one in control. The corporations are. Our very Christian ex-president sunk the country in 8 years and sold America out to the highest bidder, and yet, you can't get over the idea that Obama might have Muslim roots. Boo Hoo. Cry me a river.

As long as you keep bickering over that sort of stuff, you'll always remain inside the box unable to see the big picture.

This isn't about Christian vs Muslim, its about Rich vs Poor. End of story. Wake up!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
What the hell is wrong with the guy, saying America could be considered one of the largest muslim nations in the world? He just shows his ignorance more than anything. But aside from that I am getting a little weary of him making a case for muslims every time he turns around.

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

Actually America could be if you go by populations China is the biggest Muslim country in the since it has more Muslim than the Mideast and Indonesia combined.

Plus if you go by who is the biggest Muslim country most Americans seem to think its somewhere in the Mideast / Arabian Peninsula / Northern Africa or Far Eastern Europe but its none of those its Indonesia

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg

haha...a fact that wasn't lost on me either! During the Inauguration, all the african-americans were running to Washington and taking their kids with them to witness what a black man can achieve. It was almost like they didn't believe it themselves. Not to mention the fact that they were following a man that had never lived a day in the life that they live in. He wasn't poverished or beaten down by society. Quite the contrary. Even when he lived in Indo he went to a private school.... he is more "white" in his polcies than he has ever shown to be "black". He is just using his exterior to get his interior motives across...

I sure hope I don't get any "this is a racist remark" from anyone, I am so tired of hearing that! This isn't about race.....he is just as white as he his black, people....duh

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Well heres why - because there was a purposeful set up to smear all things muslim following 9/11. And boy oh boy did a lot of people drink the kool aid. And as is evident here, they're still drinking it.

Perhaps it is just the other way around,

Google 9/11 was an inside job you get,
40,400,000 links

So what if you are drinking Islamic extremist propaganda perpetuated to hate all things American including pushing the inside job propaganda of the 9/11 theorist,

in order to make people believed a lie, therefor American's let down their guard and did the unthinkable.

Gave up their freedom willingly, actually voted for a usurper.

Because it was the politically correct thing to do.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOtheories
Are you kidding me? Many of you are still stuck on STUPID and can't seem to get it through your heads.

It doesn't matter whether he's Muslim, Christian, or Hindu.

Actually I think most of us agree with you, we just wish the hell he'd make up his mind! lol

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Exacto! Good reply. But your hopes of critique will not go unnoticed. Soon there will be a flood of racist claims of epic proportions. Most of the race factor is perpetuated by the elite black and political whites. Then the rest of the masses have to suffer. There is a difference between racism and realism.

reply to post by scrubsnstuffkim

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.”

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

You know what>>I don't care if he believes in birds, as long as he's not a mass murderer who goes in iraq and kills hundreds of thousents innocent civilans. Bush was pro life and guess what his administration did.

I'd rather have a horse for a president then someone who will sell him self as one thing and do something complitely different. It's safer.

Besides, I'd rather have someone lie to me in order to really help this country then to blow the crap out of some small brown nation. You know some lies are not really bad lies of your intention is good meaning that a plan does not incude a murderous rampage of thousents of innocent people who by chance live in a different country.

and you know what____ We should feel lucky that anyone would even think about taking the us president job because this country is in such a mess from the previous administration that there are very few people who belive that there is any hope that things could get better and actually mean it.

Obama wants this country to grow up and there is no guarantee it will happen because there are still a number of people here whose biggest concern is what color of socks he's wearing.

Perhaps there are more important things to focus on.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by midiola]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

WOW...Kudos...I was just about to post a very similiar take, but admittedly it would have been more wordy, less articulate and slightly more antogonistic

STAR from me. Nothing in the article is inconsistent with what we he has said.

Centurion, Flyers and crew fill in the margins with spin and present it as facts.

I have strong Christian roots....it does not make me Christian.
I have respect for the Christian faith...it does not make me a Christian.

More to the point....My father being Christian, Myself having attended Catholic School...none of these things entitle folks to associate me with Radical Christian Fundementalists who Gun Down Doctors or belong to Murderous Hate Groups.

Though he shouldn't be required to, President Obama has repeatedly and consistently articulated in speeches, books, interviews his religious beliefs and views of Christianity as well as the Muslim Faith.

He has not lied. He is TOLERANT and ACCEPTING of other faiths...as were our founding fathers.

My roots....I am an Agnostic product of Catholic Schools. My ancestors include farmers and politicians, revolutionary war heroes, and even cattle thiefs that were kicked out of Scotland. I belong to the Sons of the American Revolution. My great grandfather was a Republican US Senator and I have been a life long Democrat.

What am I? Republican? Democratic? Rich? Poor? Proud? Humble? Catholic? Lutheran? Muslim?...Atheist? Agnostic?...must I demonize everyone that is not like me?

I am an imperfect AMERICAN who deeply loves his country...just like our President.

Our founding fathers built this nation on the idea of tolerance in an intolerant world. We are melting pot....our fabric is an alloy and our diversity our greatest strength. I view intolerance as pointedly unamerican and a cancer to our principles.

I am done responding to Propaganda for a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join