It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreensGoblin

Whats the name of his first book?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Firstly i would like to ask Is there a relationship between teeth grinding and obe? ( im serious)

Dreams of falling, stomach churning like being on a roller coaster. Is that part of the OBE experience?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NewThor

Oops, my mistake here it is:

Journeys Out of the Body by Robert A. Monroe

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinMin
Firstly i would like to ask Is there a relationship between teeth grinding and obe? ( im serious)

Dreams of falling, stomach churning like being on a roller coaster. Is that part of the OBE experience?

Apparently so, it's known as Bruxism. Teeth grinding can happen while asleep, I know its common for people to repeat certain habits during oobe's. eg. People find themselves reaching for their wallet's etc.

As for dreams of falling, thats usually accredited to stress or insecurities in life. but heck, whose life ain't stressed these days?

Dreams of falling

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NewThor

new Thor there is also an older set of books out there called the journeys of Johnathan Livingston seagull ,they are a little bit different so i would sugest that you get monres 2 first .

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by picrat

Thanks picrat, I hadn't heard of these books either. I'll definitely pick them up. Have you read Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics or checked out his website? Astral Dynamics Website What do you think of his work? I read his Astral Dynamics book and found it to be a great introduction but it was rather long winded, some great exercises in it though

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Thanks TGG both those links were very helpfull.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

i haven't checked out astral dynamics as of yet but i will shortly as Ive been out of commission for 4 weeks for a total knee replacement,but i ran into something extraordinary in the dream time the other night once its ready ill post it for you all.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I've started posting my more lucid dreaming experiences on a lucid dreaming forum now which is www.dreamviews.com. Here's one I posted this morning.. I'm sure someone out there has experienced what I'm talking about, though I've not got any replies yet.

Here's my post below...

I''ve experienced this on odd occasions and it still makes me kind of uncomfortable when I think about the feeling but I'll try and explain it the best I can...

From time to time when flying, I find myself passing or getting a little stuck in patches of this fuzzy vibrating static or electric stuff in and around cloud level and it usually forces me to fly back down. The other night I was in a dream flying here and there when I became lucid. I decided to pause my dream and on shouting 'pause', everything in my dream stopped including noise but then this feeling that I get from when I pass through this static stuff slowly came on and got extremely intense and everything slowly started going blured and vibrating really fast causing me to wake up and my heart was beating really fast. I've tried comparing it with something and the only thing I can think of is the series 'Lost'.. ..when they move the island and all the sky kind of vibrates and shakes well it was like that. Its a wierd feeling and I've experienced it at this intensity a few times before when trying to do something too big in my dream.

I'm sure its not just a one off thing as I've experienced it before at different intensitys. One idea I came up with is that I'm becoming aware of the electrical activity in my brain. For example I pause the dream but my brain is carrying on firing away so has this effect on my dream and I get this wierd feeling. Its kind of like being electricuted I guess but without the pain?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by picrat

Damn dude, I feel for you. Ah well, at least you've got a good solid 4 weeks of ATS browsing! Hopefully you're able to get lots of sleep and you're not having to take too many painkillers which just knock you out. I'm looking forward to hearing your tale from within the dreamscape!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Clarky

Well Clarky, it sounds like to me you have wandered into some kind of electrical field. I have heard of identical stories to yours when people have encountered electrical storms, fields etc. One story is of an experiment in which the dreamer sits in a faraday cage and when he astrally projects he finds himself unable to escape the electrical current, he described the feeling just like you have. I can probably hunt down the original if you would like?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
are sleep paralysis and Oobe connected, or can they be?

-curious

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Yea if you could I'd really appreciate that.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
thats intense clarky,i had dreams something similar when i was a kid,to which i would jump up in bed shouting and crying,it was a reacurring nightmare where i was trying to get to a tree stump in slow motion but was affected by the electrical currents passing around me,then out of nowhere i was struck by lightning and woke up,i must of had this nightmare over and over and still dont know what it could mean all these years later,its interesting you should mention electric when it comes to these sort of things,thats one of the things souls have been linked with(free flowing electric energy),had a lot of experiences with electrical things,including standing on a tree root and getting a shock(more than once),a member on ATS posted that when there cat passed over the tv that was on lost transmission for a short time the returned as normal.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Clarky

...Go on then! Ok, here is a nice bit of text discussing the principal and a nice picture too
. The original version I read was in a book but here is a very good description which actually goes much further than the original I read...

The Effect of High Voltage on an OBE In Robert Monroe's first book, Journeys Out of the Body, (Monroe, 1971) he recounts an experiment he did in 1960. He was in a Faraday Cage in which he had conducted numerous other out-of-body experiments. A Faraday cage is a box made of wire mesh, which in this case was embedded in the walls of the room. Normally it was grounded, which makes it very effective at shielding out disturbing electromagnetic signals and enhancing the ability of the subject to relax. But this time it was different. The walls of the Faraday cage, instead of being grounded, were charged to 50,000 Volts DC. Monroe doesn't say if it was positive or negative voltage. Then he went through his usual routine inside the cage, lying on a bed. Listening to his tapes he relaxed deeper and deeper and soon found himself outside his body. So far, everything was normal.

www.towardthelight.org...

Figure 10.16. Illustration of Robert Monroe's OBE experience trying to pass through the ceiling of a Faraday cage charged to 50,000 volts. Under normal circumstances, Monroe, in his out-of-body state, was able to pass through the ceiling of the chamber effortlessly. However, when the wires in the walls and ceiling were charged to 50,000 volts, they seemed to entangle his astral body like a net as he tried to pass through it. He was unable to leave the chamber in his out-of-body form when the walls were charged to high voltage.

But when he tried to leave the room, by going through the walls or ceiling, he kept running into and becoming entangled in many WIRES. He was unable to get out of the room! He was trapped. Built into the walls of the room are the wires which make up the Faraday cage, but normally his astral body just passed right through them. For some reason, when they were charged to a high voltage, this did not happen. Suddenly the wires become impenetrable to his astral body. They became like a net ensnaring him and holding him inside the chamber. This is a highly significant observation. It suggests that the process which allows the astral body to pass through matter is affected by VOLTAGE. At a high enough voltage, the astral body no longer can pass through matter. In quantum physics, we know there is a relationship between voltage and frequency. The higher the voltage the greater the frequency difference. If we assume that the astral body is at a different frequency than normal matter, then we shall see in Chapter 13 that this could explain how it can pass through matter effortlessly. But when the voltage of the wires in the wall is raised it changes their frequency, so now they may come into synchronization with the energy making up the astral body. So far, this is only the sketch of an idea.

Hope that helps and is some nice reading for you during your road to recovery.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Purhaps the electrical energy that naurally runs through our bodies acts as a barrier to OOBE or keeps us "in place" within our bodies.

Thanks for posting that

[edit on 10-10-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

no no no, thats really good. run with it!

Thats a really cool idea dude... I guess -and I'm just free thinking- that perhaps we are locked in to the body during waking periods via the kundalini and chakra points which act as electrical hubs?...can you re-edit your post to put your original thought in, I think it is a really interesting avenue. I know that the mentor of uri geller (Andrija Puharich) was also very interested in electromagnetic forces and electricity involved with psychic/paranormal phenomena too... what do you think?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreensGoblin
reply to post by dodgygeeza

no no no, thats really good. run with it!

Thats a really cool idea dude... I guess -and I'm just free thinking- that perhaps we are locked in to the body during waking periods via the kundalini and chakra points which act as electrical hubs?...can you re-edit your post to put your original thought in, I think it is a really interesting avenue. I know that the mentor of uri geller (Andrija Puharich) was also very interested in electromagnetic forces and electricity involved with psychic/paranormal phenomena too... what do you think?

My knowledge on this subject is pretty much non-existent.

However, hypothetically, maybe the electrical energy is there to prevent us from "escaping", literally keeping us behind an electrical fence in our very own cattle pen.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I am CONVINCED that all falling dreams are just the return to the body after OOBE.......and that people throughout history have tried to explain it away as some kind of strange dream thing, but I am positive everybody does OOBE while sleeping and sometimes the landings are just faster and harder and it feels like falling into your body.
This is my personal belief......after much experience with OOBE. Nobody will ever be able to convince me otherwise, because Ive been there and done that, and know exactly what that feeling truly is.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
However, hypothetically, maybe the electrical energy is there to prevent us from "escaping", literally keeping us behind an electrical fence in our very own cattle pen.

This is as true a statement as I have ever seen.......and in my experience of this being true I have learned we are EXTREMELY controlled as a planet...

.......gives me a whole new respect for Stitchen's theorems.....

new topics

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join