It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I dont pretend to know the truth and accept the fact that oobe is different for everyone BUT these are common rules in astral for everybody:

- you can model your body into what u want: a dot, a Dragon, the size of a galaxy, etc

- u fly, teleport wherever you want in this world, i mean the astral copy of this physical world

- the astral opens you more than billions doors to others.. er how called them.. worlds? A precision: physical world is ONE world,

- there isnt silver cord, once u are in astral, if u re enough open minded and not scared, you can go on the Sun or farther without problem

- how could we go across time in astral?! Seriously, because astral havent the physical limits, it could permit to go back in time? No, and ppl that claims they can are liers. In fact, they are unable to answer you if u ask them what will happen tomorrow at x place in x country at x time. Off topic: time isnt predictable, so all ppl that claim they can predict it are quacks

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Ihavenoidea ~TRULY~ has no idea

They will figure this out in time and feel as lame as they have behaved.

Some folks jump in and reply after the 1st page without realizing that the 1st page was 'at that time' all there was SUPPOSED to be of this thread.
I did not actually THINK that it would REALLY happen, that someone would REALLY come to my aid and yank me out, and it was a HUGE HUGE surprise.

The thread has continued as we have all shared information and experiences and learned from each other. Anyone that gets the understanding of what the geneses of this thread is all about and then STILL makes rude and glib replys are nothing more than 'The Truly Ignorant' proving to the world what a blank void they actually are. we all know this intrinsically and are not bothered by such blurting.

The BIGGEST lesson for me in this whole experience...was that the one time short cut 'out' was just that...and I STILL had to learn from step one how to re create the experience.......and still to this day it is a RANDOM event that I have NO CONTROL over. I can not do the little experiments folks challenge me with, as I am STILL trying to learn some control over the when and HOW this happens.......I have NO POWER to yank anyone else...and NO I am NOT the 'most experienced' OOBE person on this thread.
Folks just assume that because I am the thread Author.

I have nothing to report since my last actual report.
I ALWAYS come right here and tell my experience when I have one ASAP so as to not loose any details...

.....anybody who reads the thread knows that Clarky has more interesting things to tell us than I do......

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
despite having learned so much, i still have the feeling of pushing against a brick wall, hoping that it will move when i try to have an oobe. can anybody that has had success with this relate to this? i really want to keep going at this. can someone point out any mistakes that i am making?

I usually do this-

1. I lay/sit in a comfy position.

2. I relax my body to the point that I cannot feel anything.

3. I try to astrally sit up or float out of my body. which does not happen.

4. I try to grab a rope astrally and try to pull myself out. this does not work for me either.

5. I try to roll out of my body. at this point I end up either falling asleep by accident or giving up after an hour of trying.

after a year i wish i could get SOME sort of results. i know that it sounds like im'e complaning but i just want to know if sombody can relate to this and tell me what im'e doing wrong...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
on another note, what is the name of the picture in your avatar rivergodess? I seem to be seeing it everywere since you made it your avatar...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Question..

Has anyone ever visited the Lucid Dream Crossroads in either their dreams or their OOBE's?

I post on astral pulse now n then and have heard of the crossroads but I've never really bothered with it to be honest. I'm not sure what to make of the idea really and from what I gather, I think a lot of it is based on suggestion.. ie: someone says 'I'm on the beach with a green dragon, go there and you'll be transported to this location' then you go there and because you've read this beforehand, you end up going there...

Something else that I've discovered in my lucid dreams is that most of the time, what you expect to see, you'll usually see. This tends to be more the case if I'm more lucid. However if I'm not lucid at all and at a 'really low level' then things become all twisted and what you expect to see just doesn't happen.. and at this level I'm kind of on the edge of waking up.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by psimorb333
despite having learned so much, i still have the feeling of pushing against a brick wall, hoping that it will move when i try to have an oobe. can anybody that has had success with this relate to this? i really want to keep going at this. can someone point out any mistakes that i am making?

I usually do this-

1. I lay/sit in a comfy position.

2. I relax my body to the point that I cannot feel anything.

3. I try to astrally sit up or float out of my body. which does not happen.

4. I try to grab a rope astrally and try to pull myself out. this does not work for me either.

5. I try to roll out of my body. at this point I end up either falling asleep by accident or giving up after an hour of trying.

after a year i wish i could get SOME sort of results. i know that it sounds like im'e complaning but i just want to know if sombody can relate to this and tell me what im'e doing wrong...

About 90% of my OBE's happen spontaneously or should I say.. the actual OBE doesn't happen spontaneously but waking up in some level of sleep paralysis happens spontaneously and so from here, I just go with it and slowly mentally sit up and snap/roll out. I can say that setting your alarm a few hours early, having a little walk about for a few minutes to clear your mind and then laying back down DEFINITELY works. We've had builders round doing work on our house lately like I say and I've been woken up a few hours before I'm due to get up for work and during these few hours I've been experiencing all sorts. I've been projecting and trying to float downstairs to see what there doing to then verify after. I've watched them doing things but I've not got up afterwards and gone to see what there doing. Instead I've been putting it down to me projecting and then seeing what I can hear them doing. If you know what I mean..

[edit on 14/4/08 by Clarky]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm back, nothing new yet.
I really like Clarky's idea of waking up early and going for a walk, as that's when I have a very clear mind. There are also surprisingly few distractions aside from the negligible chatter of birds and slow increase in traffic noise.

I think I will try that method next time I wake up early on a weekend.

If anyone has any good advice they would like to share with me I'd be grateful.
I looked through 40+ pages of this massive thread and found a lot of interesting things, but I still feel like I know absolutely nothing about the subject having not experienced it firsthand. It's becoming difficult to wade through the many lies on the internet nowadays and I (foolishly?) trust many of the people on ATS.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have tried ALL kinds of relaxing and trying to 'come out' but nothing has worked at all for me. Not the rope technique.......no counting down or breathing techniques....nadda.
The ONLY thing that works for me is hearing the odd pulsing sounds in my ears, and that means I can then roll out or lift out.....
I have never been able to 'meditate myself' into a place where I hear this sound.....
The only times I EVER have gotten to the relaxed place where I hear that sound......is just before I fall asleep, be it anytime of day or night.

I have the Hemi sync CD's but I do not have headphones......so listening to the bleeps and pops and tones has gotten me nowhere. I did find some headphones but they have a VERY SHORT connection chord and sitting straight up that close to the computer does not allow for me to be 'relaxed'....I am at a loss as to where to look for an extension to the headphones chord so that I could head for the couch 10 feet away from the computer........
I have downloaded other binariul beat type things onto my computer but I have the same issue of HOW to play them so that they assist in OOBE.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
TRG, if you have a cd-burner you could put the files on cd as a audio cd and play it on your stereo or if you have a portable cd-player it would be even better. I transfered the files on my mp3 player so i don't have any problems. I bought the cd-companion and ripped the cds so i can listen to it everywhere
I agree on the pc being a interference for it.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I have tried ALL kinds of relaxing and trying to 'come out' but nothing has worked at all for me. Not the rope technique.......no counting down or breathing techniques....nadda.
The ONLY thing that works for me is hearing the odd pulsing sounds in my ears, and that means I can then roll out or lift out.....
I have never been able to 'meditate myself' into a place where I hear this sound.....
The only times I EVER have gotten to the relaxed place where I hear that sound......is just before I fall asleep, be it anytime of day or night.

That's sorta what seems to be working best for me, only I've been listening to the silence in my head. By concentrating on silence, I forget about my physical body, and I think that's a big step.

I tried some of those binaural tracks that claim to help induce an OoBE, but as relaxing as they are, your brain takes a couple listens before it can get used to the sensation.

Needless to say, they may work, but I still haven't had one yet.

-Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
When the time that I will attempt an oobe is usually when I dont have to work the next morning because it takes a lot out of me physically the little experince of an oobe i "think" i am getting. It happens late at night right before i finally decide to go to sleep and i'm in the mind frame of it happening...it doesnt happen all the time but i normally tune out everything and am laying on my back or side...right before i fall asleep i start slowly waking up(in a sense) and it happens so quick. I so badly want to be able to prove it but it just seems like my energy is bouncing everywhere..??? Has anyone controlled their oobe or have done any experiments?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Had an OBE yesterday and had a conversation with this woman. I started off by projecting and then as I floated away from my bedroom, I gradually merged into this wierd 'room' and the following words where exchanged between me and this women.

Me: hey, are you from earth?

Woman: *laughs* of course I am silly.

Me: where abouts?

Woman: I'm from Birmingham.

Me: Really?

Woman: Yes

Me: Are you asleep?

Woman: No

Me: *confused* are we in the astral?

Woman: *laughs* *shakes her head*

Me: Where am I?

Then as you'd expect, I gradually came back.

I wish I could maintain that state and ask more questions but its as though I'm limited to what I can find out sometimes.

I've been flying above cloud level a lot recently and basically observing what I can see down below on the ground. It still fascinates me how there's all this activity going on in all this fine detail and I'm just 'there' observing it all. Really does make you question if all this carries on once you've woken up.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
thats interesting Clarky,a few weeks ago i was stuck in my body even though i was out i couldn't lift my body out of my physical body and just gave up struggling,just been reading Monroes Ultimate Journeys it grabs your attention at first because a lot of the same stuff has happend to me,but drags a bit in the middle where he wrestling with 3 topics i there i here etc...ive only met one thing in a obe and it wasnt human nor could it talk to me vocally,all white in human shape?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
interesting moonbeam,...In one of my oobes...(i believe an oobe), i remember seeing a bright white orb light towards the ceiling when i was lifting out..i couldnt tell if it was a person though but seemed to be drawing me in...is that a typically thing to see you think? I've seen in anotheroobe, a shadow or side face of a woman and child , as well as in another oobe it was thoughi was looking through a "looking glass" or telescope at earth and seeing how small it was compared to the universe...it was something really odd

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
qd22vcc ive only ever saw an orb when i ws awake a few years ago at around 4am and i jumped out of my skin because i thought it was a rat and my cat also saw it,my first coupleof oobes was just black atmosphere with tiny distant stars,this being appeared after that when i went back to the same place like it was already there waiting for me,didnt notice any physical features apart from its eyes and mouth and felt like it was no threat ,i just wish i could of heared what it was saying because i had trouble communicating,as for being a common thing in OBE i really dont know,people who have OBE want to go to different places and i guess theres only a few thousand people at any one time on the astral planes.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Something to think about definitely.. I've seemed to encounter mostly...from what it appears are women... and other time i was just trying to leave my house but have no control.....it seems really hard to do....i want to try again but i havent found the time to try...my mom has had oobe experiences and she has had a indian(not native american) guy meet her a couple times and i've wondered is it another real person in astral world she is meeting or a spirit like entitiy?? Anyone have any insight w/ that?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hi River,

I just recently had my first big time OoBE and it was similar to your first time. Here it is, pasted from my notes right after it ended:

Time, about 6am - 6:15am, April 22, 2008.

I began by feeling the paralyzed sensation that i had come to recognize through past experiences. I knew that it was go-time and i started slowly floating up towards the ceiling. i thought to myself, " i want to go outside." i slowly floated down through the floor into the apt. beneath me. saw the occupant. he was awake and i recognized him, then I floated sideways into another apt. and saw another older man who was awake on his computer. as i floated out of his window his cat meowed at me. i thought, " wow, the cat can see me." i was now floating outside and it was dark outside, night time. i saw the moon and it looked so bright, it was full, i thought to myself "go to the moon". I just wanted to see the near side. i flew as fast as ever, but i was still far way, so i repeated over and over " go to the moon" and i seemed to be going faster and faster. the next thing i know i was totally disoriented out in space. i looked for the moon and found it but it was still a ways away, but much closer. it looked so bright and menacing, but it was magnificent. i was still disoriented floating out in space, and now i wanted to get back down to earth to get back in control of my travel. a small asteroid hit me head on. it was amazing. i felt it. it was a weak sensation, but i could feel it barely as it went through me, no pain. after this happened i could no longer control my fear and was back in my body. as much as i didn't want the trip to be over, it was. i felt myself becoming less and less paralyzed and i awoke.

I checked the current moon phase online and WOW... 96 percent full, just as it appeared it my Oobe.

Overall, it was one of the most amazing experiences in my life and has opened up a whole new world to me. I've got a lot of research to do and your thread has been an excellent resource. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Sound like a great experience.

Sometimes words can't reflect how exhilarating these experiences can be and the effect they have on your life after.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by psimorb333
on another note, what is the name of the picture in your avatar rivergodess? I seem to be seeing it everywere since you made it your avatar...

When I found this avatar it was titled gangsta33 so I have no idea who the artist is....sorry. I have seen it as a poster though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well OK I was out and about this morning. I became lucid while dreaming about my stepmother and told her in the dream I was gunna fly now......and I flew away lol........after flying a good long while I landed to see my maternal Grandfather as a younger version of himself.....
He did not give me any advise or share any wisdom with me he was kinda confused and hard to understand but thats ok because thats EXACTLY what he was like when he was alive and I knew him.
So I started flying again. The sky was very blue and clear.....seemed like early summer just like what we are experiencing here at the moment.....I felt a crash into my body and was waking up and decided to go back down into this deep state and try to do OOBE things.........took a few but then I was able to claim full awareness in my astral body and I just seemed to be in the astral planes......I did quite a bit of flying...and some landing and then chatting up folks I didnt know but it was very cheerful and pleasant. I tryed to call people to mind that I know and tryed to GO TO them but that did not happen at all, that would just cause me to try and come out of this state....I guess to remain in this state you must just 'go with the flow'

I found myself coming fully aware again...and was able to drop back down into this deeper state where I could play in the astral. This was a TOTALLY new thing for me........I have read about this in books.......and on this very thread....but so far I was not able to 'get there'.....
It came so easily this AM that I am hoping and praying this will be duplicatable for me in the future.
MOST my OOBE experiences have been in the PM prior to sleep and not in the AM after waking up.......ALL schools of thought say the latter is the easiest and more preferable as you have much more energy after waking.........and you don't loose yourself to sleep and dreams and forget the experience altogether.
This is the issue where other folks who have no knowledge of the reality of this experience come in and say......
"sounds like you had some very vivid dreams there"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hi there and WELCOME hbdale309!
What a COOL post you have added and I am jealous as I always loose control in space and just keep on flying fast 'somewhere'.............
We are ALL happy to have you hear and please share with us your experiences and techniques.....for as you well kow there are folks out there reading this and learning from it and it is helping many more folks than have the audacity to come on the thread and say so......

We of this thread KNOW your out there readers and lurkers,
and we fully welcome you.........

Originally posted by qd22vcc
is it another real person in astral world she is meeting or a spirit like entitiy?? Anyone have any insight w/ that?

Well the person I was taken out by was a genuine flesh and blood human being ALSO out in the Astral.........so who knows? Could have been her spirit helper or a real person.......only this guide would know for sure.....

Namast'e
TRG

[edit on 28-4-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Wow!! I finally made it to the end of the thread. I have read every word, and many times I have been frustrated by people coming on here and asking questions about things that have already been answered. They could find the answers if they would only READ. Anyway...enough rambling...

I am shocked and pleased that this thread is almost four years old and still going strong.

Everyone's stories are so amazing.

TheRiverGoddess...I think it is wonderful that you were able to get helped out your first time, and I am enjoying reading about your learning experiences as well as others' experiences.

I have had a few unintentional experiences, especially with sleep paralysis and the vibrations. At the time, I did not understand what was happening, but it felt natural and felt good.

Recently, I have had a couple intentional experiences. One time, I was laying on my right side and only got out to my waist before getting too excited and going back in. The other time, in the morning my boyfriend kept shifting, so I kept waking up. Then I had the thought that I'd better hurry up and do this before he moves again, and *poof* I was out! The experience was short lived because once again, he moved.

I have experienced quite a few lucid dreams but can't seem to make them happen at will. I am, however, feeling more confident, thanks to all the awesome people here.

I hope you will accept me into your group; I look forward to being part of it.

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join