It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I have been trying to research the OoBE for a fair amount of time, spanning two months of internet research, and a day of library research. This week and last week was the perfect time to start actually attempting to have an OoBE as I am on spring break. I am completely relaxed, stress free, and I have zero distractions.

The farthest I have gotten into the process is to a point where I feel as if I am falling through my bed, and I can never get the sensation to continue for more than a split second. What I've researched suggests that I am falling asleep, and stopping myself.

I really would like to experience this phenomena, but I have had no progress after two weeks. I will continue to experiment, but I fear with school starting back up, stress will go back up.

I am not demanding results now, but is there any way to shorten this daunting process?
Any way to make it work more effectively?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
different ways for different people im afraid,you would think that being not stressed would work but for me it doesnt,the more im stressed out of life the easier they become,small note of caution as TRG and others have stated in this thread,once youve done it once it opens the way of doing it in the future a lot easier,the falling feeling your getting is normal it seems for previous experience.you get out even when you sometimes dont want to,a few days ago i wanted a really good long sleep and within 30 minutes i found myself turned looking directly at my face,my eye lids were half shut but my eyes were rolled upwards,not so much of a shock as ive found it easier and easier to get out recently being over stressed.

not to confuse matters but i was lucid last night in what seemed like a different but very like my own plain,i could ask people that i was relieved that i was at this easy going plain and not back where i was (now) the only troubling thought were being awaken.i could go into this state at only a mere thought and thought it was a very cool thing to be able to do,i thought of looking up at the night sky and was there looking up at the cold sky with clouds moving fast,i wanted validation so i come back to myself sleeping then went back out,it was almost like half obe and half lucid but i felt no trouble getting out(violent jerks,vertigo).

[edit on 22-3-2008 by moonbeam cat]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

I have not heard of 'cold' being any part of this experience.
Maybe someone else has....

Xeroxed_Horizon come on.....Many people spend a lifetime trying to do this and it never happens. Getting impatient after a couple weeks of focused attempts is not going to help your pursuit.
THINK about the Tibetan Monks who spend YEARS in silent meditation hoping to bring this experience into their lives.....I spent years and years working on this and I bet if I had not been kindly given a leg up and out I might still just be trying.....

[edit on 23-3-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hello Everyone -

I just wanted to introduce myself after taking about 2 weeks reading this thread from page 1 up to the current page.

I am relatively new to this subject and just started investigating and reading about it 4 months ago after coming across the Monroe Institute website while looking for info on meditation and binaural beats. I was so intrigued by the information and participant letters on their website that I bought and read "Ultimate Journey" by Robert Monroe. That lead to further inquisition and I read his other two books. Before finishing the books I decided to go to the Monroe Institute for their Gateway Voyage program to see if all of this was "real".

While I didnt have an oobe, I can say that the program was worth every penny. I got a lot more out of the program than an oobe. I had some very moving personal experiences and got just enough of a glimpse to truly believe that "I really am more than my physical body".

Since I returned I have been listening to the Hemi Sync cd's and trying incorporate all of this into a routine to fit within my existing life. One thing I am finding is the more I do it, the more I want and need to do it. On the days I don't spend time with myself and doing the excercises I miss it and can't wait to get back to it the next day.

Thank you all for this wonderful thread and sharing your experiences with the rest of us. I know it has helped me to see that there are others struggling and haven't been as successful as we all want to be.

For me I know that part of my problem in the beginning was fear of what would happen at the point of separation from my body. In my mind I say that I am not afraid, but when showtime comes it was a different story.

I have experienced my body spinning out of control, the vibrations, buzzing and paralysis but no separation where I was aware that I was out of my body. Each time I noted that I became fearful about what was about to happen, even though I didnt have any pre-conceived notions of what that would be. One of the most beneficial things that I learned at Monroe was to continue to go further and further each time. Familiarity will eventually loosen and dispel the fear. I have found that to be the case so far and am making major progress.

I have a question for the more experienced here:

Last week I was practicing my "mind awake/ body asleep" excercise in bed and drifted between sleep and awake, at Monroe they call it "clicking out". My wife was having allergies and sneezed which brought me back to full awareness. It was as if my consciousness split, one of "me" was hurdling into space at warp speed and all I could "see" was white dots or stars going by like warp speed in Star Trek shows. The other me was fully conscious and aware of her sneezing and getting a kleenex and blowing her nose. This was not a dream as I was 100% fully awake and conscious of her and what she was doing while at the same experiencing the "warp speed" episode. This lasted what seemed like only 4-5 seconds.

Can anyone shed any light on what this was or any similar experiences? It was not scary at all and it seemed like I was ejected and propelled into space when she sneezed.

Once again thanks for this thread and everyone's participation. It has been very beneficial to me already. I hope that as I continue to progress on my journey I can help others as well.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hi there Hornet welcome aboard!!

I would LOVE LOVE to do The Gateway Program. I envy your experience.

Last night I think I took one lortab to many as I was just totally zoning out while laying on the couch. My son was near the couch at the computer desk doing some noisy online gaming. I was watching a movie on HBO and it was loud surround sound going on. My eyes were shutting and I was zoning out and I was popping out of my body. I was out and ebergetic and was NOT able to call up any clear vision. So I went back in, but popped right back out, went back in......and basicly did this DUMB in and out thing for probebly close to 100 times.......
When I would get out I was trying to get away from my body so I could try and get my vision going but I was not able to get very far away........MAYBE about 20 feet then BLAM back to my body, then back out only to repeat this. Only once did I even get outside of the apartment and that lasted for only a monent.

I finally got so annoyed with this whole 'game' that I just came awake enough to tell my son we were going to bed......he shut things down and we went to bed. End of story.
I had THOUGHT that once I got in bed I would start this in and out thing again but it did NOT repeat. It was just happening in the living room where there was so much noise and distraction that is supposed to hinder such things.I am voting that it was the painkillers.

I am healing up ok as far as I can tell and I am feeling better each day.
Not eating painkillers today after last nights odd experience.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Weeeee, all done
. Funny to read this whole thread and see how everybody is doing in those years. Hats off to TRG for keeping this thread alive and sticking with it for al those years.

Years ago i had a spinning cycle episode in my bed after i saw my arm in front of my face while having the physical one beside me. After this i never got further and just dropped the whole thing. I have to say i was on St John's wort at the time ( a natural anti-depressant but als o very nice for lucid dreaming and things like that. ).

Anyway, i've always been able to have lucid dreams (well, semi because i know i am dreaming but can't really dictate my surroundings, but i can fly and 'escape' with blinking my eyes and waking up) but the whole OBE thing has untill this day eluded me. I ordered two books. the learning astral projecting in 90 days and the cd companion of the same writers ( Enyalius recommended them at the time. )

Last night i was trying to get relaxed, concentrating on getting out of the fleshmobile but not to much, control my breathing and just about was so busy on not being busy with anything some people could say i was working my dayjob
. Needless to say i got nowhere fast but was enjoying the ride.

After i gave up i read something that said that you just have to find your divine spark inside of you and keep a hold of it when you found it. Sounds impossible but lo and behold i think i got it after 10 minutes or so trying to sleep. Everytime i get that little part of me it feels like my concsiousness is sucked out of the back of my head with a vacuumcleaner
. Really weird but instead of looking against the back of my eyelids the space was expanding like crazy. No sounds though but that's ok. My hands where tingling at one time and my 'essence' was on a rollercoaster-ride through the back of my head and i got so excited that it stopped but i know how to get it back.

Oh and today after this little episode of last night i kept getting the strange time things on different clocks. My MP3 player has a clock on it that never went on winter-time so when i looked at it there was 11:11 on it, an hour later on my pc clock. A few hours later it was 15:15, i did see 17:17 while on work but i could be waiting on that one semi-concsiously, not sure and just a half anhour ago i had 18:18 on the clock. Not sure what it means but if there is no such thing as a coincidence i think i'm on the right track with this one

Thanks for lighting my fire on this one TRG

BTW i had a detached funny feeling over me the whole day like i could pop out at any moment
. Luckily nothing happened during the day though.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Harman]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
RiverGoddes, you seem to be the most experienced person on this thread with astral travel. i have to ask have you tried doing any experiments...

from what i have read you can shrink yourself down to the size of a penny and fly around your house and look at object from a penny size view when in astral state. Go back in time and view things, even go into the future and view things.

So i dunno have you done anything like that, would you be willing to try to do some experiment for me to see what is all possible. i have often wondered if it is possible to learn or download things in astral state, maybe access the arkarshic records...hahah, if anything i guess you should just play around.

i would love to know if you are able to go back in time to certain events and see what happens?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Oeh, bought 'the four agreements' and was happily suprised that i try to life by those agreements for a few years now. with fluctuating succes. Not really impeccable at my word yet but doing my best
. Good read, not to much and a simple guideline.

Oh and i acquired the hemi-sync stuff and am using them now, good way to get clearheaded.

No succes at leaving the fleshmobile behind though.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
We've had builders round for the last month building an extension and a few other things so I've been woken up at 7.30am to them knocking walls down etc... which is getting anoying but at the same time I'm finding myself having lucid dreams pretty much on a daily basis in those few hours where I'm in and out of sleep and the odd episode of waking up half paralysed and then projecting but just experimenting with the actual seperation part rather than getting out and floating about and I'm trying to get my head around what is 'actually' happening etc... at that particular moment.

I've found that if I'm only semi paralysed and I mentally will myself out, it puts an enormous amount of pressure in my chest and I can feel my heart skipping beats as that part if projecting and it takes a too much effort to get out which almost awakens my physical body so I'm now waiting a minute or so till I feel fully paralysed and then projecting which is much easier.

Yesterday I was paralysed and kind of span round so my astral head was where my physical feet where and then I opened my eyes (astrally) and found that I was seeing from where my physical feet where. I then looked down to my head and saw myself asleep and freaked out a bit and woke up.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
therivergoddess: Ha, easy now. I realize this could take years to accomplish, that's why I said "in no way do I demand results now". I simply asked if anyone knew any tips that would help me in my efforts to experience the phenomena. I apologize if you misunderstood me as my wording was a bit... off.

Anyways, I am still trying to this day, and after doing more research, I am not quite as close to succeeding as I thought. The feeling of falling through my bed is not "myself" falling though my physical self. I was able to keep from pulling myself out of this feeling once, and it simply faded out over the course of what seemed like 30 seconds.

Feeling something gives me enough motivation to keep trying, but I have had no other success to date. I still believe.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
apart from my experience of waking up in a daze or altered state of consciousness and being semi paralyzed, while my ears were making crackling sounds and my forehead was pulsating incredibly. I had something significant today

i still have not reached an oobe but i feel i may be close. i have started writing down my dreams if i can remember them. Usually i have some time after school once i come home to take a little nap, this is usually the time of day when i am tired or blood sugar is low...hahah you know the time, like right after lunch. anyway i get home around 11:30 and i just take a little nap, i try to experiment and see if i can induce and oobe. Today i have something happen, i had the sensation of floating up, and slowly descending...in my mind i thought that maybe this was an oobe so i said to my self...slow down the decent, eventually i was back in my body...i don't think i was even floating, it was maybe just a sensation, i have read that when you leave your body, even if your eyes are closed you will still be able to see through them because they are transparent.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the train of thought that i should have when taking a nap...i try to focus on what i am thinking about but i generally just drift off and fall asleep. Any tips on how to induce a oobe when napping?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Alright something happend to me today!!!

Well i went to crystal links to try and get some good tips on how to get oobe. I decided to try the Monroe method.

www.crystalinks.com...

For some reason my room is the hottest in the house, and today it was cool but it became a little bit humid inside so it was rather uncomfortable...But i tried to fight it off...lol

I layed down on my bed, and focused my vision on the ceiling, i did 100 breaths...inhale 1, exhale 2, inhale 3...all the way to 100. I got a little restless because of the light so i took my pillow and put it over my head. I had to start over again but at least i was semi relaxed. I started counting and breathing inhale 1, exhale 2...all the way to 100.

I got to around 67 and then on, i felt...i felt, it is really hard to explain, like my body when deep inside me or my mind, and i did get a vibration...like all over my body there was a wave of lines in like electricity...that is how i pictured it in my head. Sort of like, monroe describes it as electricity kind of, and i guess i could describe it like that. The point is i felt some kind of vibration, and it was really tough to keep counting, in fact i lost my count and breath and just said 67 exhale, 66 inhale, no 68 exhale...i was stuck on a couple of numbers and i tried to give myself the intention to get he vibration.

i guess i lost it from there because i noticed my body...well my breathing became very erratic, i tried to control it but i guess i got excited because of the vibration. I think i could have had it if i was more comfortable and it wasn't so hot in my room.

DARN #2!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Just stopping by to share a meaningful experience with you all. To preface, my father passed a couple of years ago. I met with him once before while OOB, a few weeks after he was gone. It was brief, he simply wanted me to know that he was alright.

My OBE's occur spontaneously, often in spatz or clusters...sometimes clear and eventful...other times murky and uncertain. Two weeks ago I consciously relaxed-into the vibrational phase, slipped-out, and encountered my father for the second time (dark-near-dimension). Very happy to see/hear him...some embracing...tears of joy on my part...brief personal small-talk...then he had a message for me. He wanted me to know that a very troublesome personal issue would be resolved next month (this month). Now this has been an intensifying problem over the past year...a problem for which I could effect no resolution...totally out of my control.

I took heart.

Two days ago on the 1st, the issue miraculously reversed direction, with momentum building to the positive

Another great book is The Wheel of Life by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross. Touches on her rich experiences with the other-side, her OOBE'...her time spent at the Monroe Institute.

Great job with the thread River-G...enjoy your travels.

Sounds like many of you are oh-so-close.

GL

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hi, Thought I'd share these.

Expert out-of-body teacher, Robert Bruce, shares 3 hours of knowledge during this conference call.

www.astralsource.com/teleseminar.html

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Question..

Has anyone ever visited the Lucid Dream Crossroads in either their dreams or their OOBE's?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by elemtalsage

aolsvc.merriam-webster.aol.com...

what you saw was probably a spirit of Affliction..

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
its been approximately a year since ive tried to have an oobe (and the first time i posted on this thread). even though ive never had a true oobe, something tells me to not give up hope. i keep up an effort knowing i will reach my goal. the simple process of trying to achive this wonderous gift has in itself taught me so much and has shaped my beliefs in awsome ways. even if i never achive my goal, the things that i have learned will help me for the rest of my life. if i keep up this effort, i know it will eventually happen.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
You're being idiotic asking for this.
and I can't stand reading the first post of yours.

Someone could of ****ed you up real bad, and I don't even practice this crap yet.

and yet I was the same a few years ago.....

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ihavenoidea

Who are you referring to? And who peed in your cornflakes?

As the mods like to say courtesy is mandatory.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Update.....

I've been finding myself becoming totally lucid and being able to simply return and then concentrate on the projection part and it seems so easy lately. I've found myself projecting though and unable to get any confirmation afterwards and instead I end up seeing things that dont quite match.

Last night I became totally lucid at my old school which seems to be the place for showing off at the moment and I was stood at the side of my mate and I was looking up at the sky and I said to my mate 'look mate, anything that you want to happen can happen and all you have to do is say what you want to happen. I pointed up at the sky and said to my mate 'watch this' and said 'massive UFO, bright blue will come across the sky when I click my fingers and then its going to shoot a massive bright light upwards at the moon and then the moon will shrivel up and explode and then the UFO will shoot off leaving a trail behind it'. (silly I know) but then I click my fingers and it all happens in front of us and it looks so real and with extra things happening in the background. My mate looks at me surprised.. then after I said to my mate watch this.. 'sky turns yellow, then blue, then black and then we lift off the ground and slam back down again.. and then there's an earthquake and where suddenly in Egypt' and then it happens all in sequence.
then after this I say to my mate 'when you wake up tomorrow, phone me and tell me about this that's happened, though at the same time I kind of know that he wont phone me and wont of experienced this whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join