It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frost Bite
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Ok well im a bit curiouse, but let's say you do leave your body. Would that mean it's possible for some one els to invade your body? And if so would that mean that you had the power to invade some one elses body?
It seems a bit creepy but I honestly want to know if it's possible for two people to willingly switch bodies with one annother.

I must say I am stunned by this question. It has been asked and answered so many times on this thread I can't believe its actually being asked again.
The answer is NO
NEGATIVE
nadda
neight
NON
There is NO body switching going on.
no.

As far as I am aware I am the only person who was helped out, or 'yanked' as I like to call it. I know it CAN happen so I am sure its happened in the past for others throughout the ages....I can't be the 'only one' this has ever happened to, ever.....
hard to imagine I am that special

Maybe a Shaman would 'yank' a young acolyte to further their training, or a Monk, or whomever I don't know.
I just know it CAN happen.
Robert Bruce says one should not do this as the person being yanked out will feel as if they are being killed for it is a pretty serious attack to coax ones essence clean out of the body.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hey Rivergoddes,

I remember reading Robert Bruce writing that you shouldn't yank someone out of their body as it could be a bad experince for the person being yanked. I've always thought that this might be good general advice but like most good advice, probably doesn't apply in every situation. Seeing how you were yanked I'd like to hear more about your experince. Was it a bad for you in any way or do you think it all depends on the readiness of the person being yanked?

I'm not thinking about trying to yank anyone - I just feel lucky when I manage to get out myself, but I've wondered about it and since you've been yanked it would be nice to hear more of your thoughts on the matter.

For those that have been asking about soul switching and getting stuck outside of the body. I've never heard any reliable accounts of this happening. Think of it this way... When you leave your body you're probably in a pure energy form. You're connected to your body by a silver cord which is probably also pure energy and at the most basic level our physical bodies themselves are nothing but energy. If this is truly the case then it would seem to me we're never really completely seperated from our body when we have an OBE. Like a rubber band stretching, we are one unbroken stream of energy from our physical body to the etheric body. No one can take over because you haven't really left, you've just extended your awarness. Just as there's no chance of you getting lost or not being able to get back to your body because in a sense you are still there.

Mitzella

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Wow. Grats on 1500 posts in this thread RiverGoddess! Here's 1501?

Here is a link to a coast interview with William Buhlman. It's fascinating and I bought his book because it intrigued me so.

youtube.com...

Search theduderinoks other videos for his continuation since they are broken up into 10 minute segments. Go in order since that is the first part of the interview that I linked. Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hey all,

I just saw an article on Yahoo about OBE. It seems to lean heavily toward the idea that OBE's are just illusions or tricks of the mind but it's a short interesting read and the idea of developing video games that OBE the gamer into different characters within the game is kind of cool.

Check it out here:

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is quite a LONG thread so I don't have time to read it all.
I once(only once unfortunately) got "vibrations" but never achieved an Oobe. Can someone give me any tips or things to listen to?

BTW is astral projection the same thing as an Oobe?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Someone asked me what kind of food cravings I have as a result of OBEing/APing.

I have cravings for steak. For alot of people I know, generally it's a desire for more protein.

For me the steak is a desirable source of protein my body wants. It also seems to help with grounding, energy, focus, strength etc. As much as I like veggies, there's no replacement for the power of red meat protein in my case.

I have read on other sites about people who use the color red in the form of food for grounding themselves. I've also read about a group of people who perform a great deal of RVing & sometimes after heavy sessions, they crave for meat protein. Nice to know I'm not alone in my own experience regarding this matter.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hmm... first time I've read anything like that.. some say that havin a healthy body helps with OBE's. This might be the case, however 9 out of ten OBE's I have are the day 'after' I've had alcohol. I've recently been able to lay down in bed and plan on having an OBE and actually have one which I'm absolutely thrilled about! I've done it twice now, the first time was a struggle but I felt my body as it became paralysed and then willed myself out and headed upstairs and was watching the builders who where round nocking a wall through upstairs. I was floating at the side of them for what seemed like a minute and could see and hear everything they where doing. The second time, my eyes where actually open while projecting so my vision was really distorted and then when I closed my eyes, my vision became clear and when they did become clear, I found myself in what id describe more as a dream.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So is it ok to pull someone out of their body if they have had some OOBE experience? I know it's been said that to pull someone out who has no experience is bad, well what about if someone experienced is pulled out?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LustAlmighty

If you just read the first 5 pages you probably get a lot of tips. If you make it to 14 or 15 you will have read a lot of great tips.

You've already taken a good first step. Being aware of OOBE. If it ever happens to you, you will know a little about what is going on. The key to the first OOBE is to make sure you remember it, so don't try to do to much. Just knowing these things allowed me to have my one and only recalled OOBE one night.

There is a lot more, but that's a start.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Ok thanks, I'll try to read at least the first 5 pages. Just for the record I tried to project the other day while listening to some BWgen preset and after falling asleep for some minutes I woke up paralysed! It happened to me before once or twice but not like this.
I wasn't dreaming at all and I knew that I couldn't move my body but then started to get scared and eventually got control of it..

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Honestly. If I could experience this it would be great, not as personal entertainment but for my own personal peace knowing that there is more to this life than we are often led to believe. If anyone could "help me" like the OP then that would be fantastic. U2U me if you can.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hey LustAlmighty welcome! (awesome nickname)
Ya I know it can be a pain reading a BIG thread but it no different than reading many different short ones really. When I am reading big threads, I will save it to 'favorites' on the page I have left off at so I can get back to it with ease.......there are some AMAZING tidbits of information buried in this thread if your trying to learn about the OOBE subject.
(I am not the one who gives out the really fabulous info so don't just read my posts, as it comes from the other more experienced people)

Hi and THANKS MerryXmas! I bought the William Buhlman book as well....but I think he is a much better interview than he is a writer. His book is a compilation of a vast survey he took, and he uses the compiled info to create his book......I prefer his word of mouth, and I hop he will write books in the future without using a SURVEY as his information base and just uses his personal experiences and write from the heart....but thats just me.

Anyway..........here is my thread update

I have pneumonia and have been sick for, gads more than 14 days now
I am on antibiotics and attempting to drink enough water to clear my lungs.

I was napping late this afternoon and found myself hearing 'the sounds' deep within me....like they were far away.
I was able to go into them and get out however......I bounced around my place for a bit, and was bouncing in front of my kid as I was hoping he would sense me somehow.
I then found myself in some odd kind of cave system. I was flying through tunnels and puddles and colorful stone outcroppings.
I kept wondering/questioning if this was a dream or was I really out???
I kept getting the answer that this was just a weird and wet cavernous place within the astral planes.......One thing I know is I don't wonder if I am dreaming when I AM dreaming as I just go with it. I did not run into any other beings that I could communicate with. It started to feel a bit 'dreamy' so I came back to my body that I would have recall, and not just loose all of it inside of a dream. Once fully back I was wide awake, so I just got up and got busy fixing some dinner.
My son did not bring up feeling anything different while I was napping and I did not push it as I want it to come out naturally and not forced, if there IS anything to for him to say he might have noticed.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Rest, Rest, Rest and Get Well Soon!

STM

[edit on 9/6/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
1st post in this thread, and it's my #1 fave!

Just stumbled on this thread and thank you Rivergodness for sharing! When I was young (12-16yrs) I have had those really loud wind noise during sleep and it really scared me, during many episodes, I was paralyzed and noticed a dark figure just beyond my eye's corner, but I know it's there. Since then, I associate my wind noise with a malevolent event, scares the crap out of me.

But I am VERY, EXTREMELY fascinated by controlled OOBE, if my wife would do it, I'd rather do it along with friends and family, I fear going at it alone, and maybe that's why it's a bad idea for me to try this to begin with, since fear can manifest.

I am currently on page 8, and will read every post till' I'm up to date so forgive me if I am not yet current on this thread.

Some questions/ request:
1. Can other astral beings see you and can they harm you? If a "baddie" also perfected the astral technique would you know he is a "baddie"?
2. Please tell us more about your outer space travels. Very early on, you mentioned a "metal orb" out in space that is a boundary marker of sort, that really fascinates me.
3. If you do it too often, would you cause your physical life harm? Would there be negative effects biologically to your body?
4. What happens if you decide not to return to your body? Roam around till eternity?
5. Other than for curiosity and pleasure, is there a higher purpose to this?

Thanks, and now I'm back to page 8! It will be a long night

[edit on 8-9-2007 by chickeneater]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
so i dont get it. this person didnt even have to meet you in person to do this. you just went to bed and this happend to you i dont get it could you explain alittle more about how this person went about giving you an OOBE?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater

Some questions/ request:
1. Can other astral beings see you and can they harm you? If a "baddie" also perfected the astral technique would you know he is a "baddie"?
2. Please tell us more about your outer space travels. Very early on, you mentioned a "metal orb" out in space that is a boundary marker of sort, that really fascinates me.
3. If you do it too often, would you cause your physical life harm? Would there be negative effects biologically to your body?
4. What happens if you decide not to return to your body? Roam around till eternity?
5. Other than for curiosity and pleasure, is there a higher purpose to this?

[edit on 8-9-2007 by chickeneater]

WELCOME Chickeneater!!!

Yes other beings can see you. I dont know about what baddies canor cant do.....
As you read on in the thread you will read about ALL my experiences not just my space flights.....
I do not think it harms you, beyond the fact that you might get obsessed with this hahahaha......
I think you can choose to stay out, and your body will just die.....but I think this would be very akin to comiting suicide, so not so good.

Well..........I think the fact that you gain so much knowledge of life beyond the physical......that it has unlimited enhancement to ones life.

So far I have found it very VERY hard to do this with another person...because of different sleep times, AND the fact that I have to go with the flow as far as destinations are concerned.....

[edit on 8-9-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xHADEEZx
so i dont get it. this person didnt even have to meet you in person to do this. you just went to bed and this happend to you i dont get it could you explain alittle more about how this person went about giving you an OOBE?

WELCOME HAYDEEZ!
Good questions your asking here.....

These are questions I was asking this person online before this all happened.....it was part of our getting to know each other beforehand...

They claimed that once they were able to 'connect' with my via our conversation, even though it was just online they could find me.....some kind of phychic connection is involved.
YES I just went to bed and was not even asleep and this happened to me.

I am unsure HOW this works from a 'yankers' perspective......they told me that it seemed to them that when they arrived in my room that I just popped out to meet them......from MY perspective I honestly felt arms come around me and pick me up and I just slid on out of my body easy as pie......I will NEVER forget how it felt SO PHYSICAL just the same as anyone putting arms around me.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Hey TRG! Thanks for the answer and the welcome

I'm up to page 38 now, lots of late nights these couple of days, but I've never find myself glued to a thread like this. And as always, I'm following every one of your Oobe with great amusement and interest, I find myself TOTALLY relating to your struggles and breakthroughs!
But, yeah, LOTS of my own questions answered so far, from you and from others like Enyalius, Volatile and many others.

Along the way, I also read other links provided and searched some other info about Akashic Records, etc. Extremely fascinating. It's weird tho, I found a C2C episode of Art Bell and Albert Taylor and he starts talking about...ehem...astral sex... and I admit that threw me off. I thought the astral plane are supposed to be free of those "base desires". I mean I really belief Buddha's description of Nirvana is the astral plane without pain, sufferings and materialistic/ non-matreialistic obession such as lust, greed, envy, longing, etc etc, so if lust and sex exists in astral plane, then what's the difference mentally between this and that world? (aside from flying, exploring, etc)

Isn't the astral plane where peace, wisdom and serenity lies? I admit I fear going there might amplify those desires since you are pretty much free to do whatever you want.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by chickeneater]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I do not think that Nirvana is IN the astral planes........but thats my thought.
I could be wrong, but I think Nirvana is above those planes.....at a much higher vibration.

We need to get the folks that have more astral plane experience to chime in here.

I have only gone to those planes a couple of times. It was a fun adventure but it was NOT Nirvana. The only thing I can say about those astral planes is that you do not need food or water there......plus it is way more obvious that your thoughts create your reality when you are there, then in this physical realm.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Wooooh I really want to go and have an adventure as well, beats seeing anything on earth I bet. Flying, seeing in ultra-clear and ultra-conscious state...

I have a few thoughts however, since human created the earth to experience physicality, maybe we should stick here until we pass on via death. Opening a doorway once you AP may invite and attract entities from the astral plane.

Our instinct always protected us, the fear I felt during a near OBE is so REAL and SO incredible that I truly am scared of the OBE experience. With so many felt the same kind of fear and also some reported being pushed back by dark figures, maybe we are not supposed to be in astral until we are "done" here. Just wondering....

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join