It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Once again Im back from a long Slumber. ok well i havent slept all this time, most of you might remember me. But I finally got really really close to leaving my body last night.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I was in the "in between" state this morning before I really woke up messing around and trying to get out, and I was managing to move a bit and get out here and there, but it was very fleeting.

This may be a new exit technique I thought it worked too well or too fast for me to keep up or in some strange way that I couldn't make use of. I imagined the moon was above me in the sky and that it's gravity was pulling my soul out of my body. The bigger and more powerful I imagined the moon or the force of the moon to be, the more it pulled. I just tried to "loosen" from my body and float slowly towards this moon, where it could then pull on me better...

Well some part of me got free, it actually felt like a third part of me went up towards this imaginary moon very fast, and then it came falling back to me very very fast. I even heard distant screaming as it fell, like a person would scream if they were falling through the air.

It was pretty cool, but also a little disturbing.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Last night I was thumped.
At least it felt like someone or something decided I needed a thumping and thumped on my chest.
I was just about asleep when it happened......at first I couldn't tell if it was a falling dream that brought me wide awake of if something just decided to thump on me. It was not painful or anything, in fact it was sorta funny.

My thoughts on this thumping was someone is trying to get my attention.

I have not been OOBE in a long time it seems........I have been working on doing The Master Cleanse (trying to heal my body)...........and then I have been going through a seriously painful phase relating to my fibromyalgia, and wound up eating the painkillers more than my norm. I think these issues have stood in the way of my OOBE practice. I spent many nights visualising the TATTWAS, but have learned nothing from this yet............as I haven't been OOBE...........

I am seeing that many folks are talking about the vibrations and sounds that come during the trance state...........and I have to say that each time I OOBE the vibrational state is lesser....its not a LOUD. It has been seeming to disapate with time and use, as if its a learning technique that once you 'get it down' no longer happens because you don't seem to need it anymore.
Have any of you long timer OOBE'ers found this lessening of the noises and vibrations as you become more practiced?????
I am asking this because I think I really am experiencing this, and want to check with all Masters of this practice if its really happening or not.

Allot of you are mentioning the Robert Bruce books and this is cool. I am still reading his big fat book. I am finding I can skip parts I don't seem to need and go onto other areas that give me allot of new information.

I have gotten myself a lazyboy recliner, with the idea that I will be able to use this as my base of operations in trying to take my OOBE experiments out of my bedroom/sleeping time. My dedicated 'Meditation place' per say.
I thought I would get up earlier than I usually do and get into the recliner and try OOBE dailey but so far I haven't made any serious attempts. My OOBE books are stacked next to the recliner for when I do decide to work on my exit techniques.

I have had a huge ~DO NOTHING~ summer so far.
My son has been working at a BoyScout camp for the last 7 weeks, and I have been able to just be alone....be in my 'clean house' that stays clean, watch whatever TV I want..read...I tend my garden and talk to my cat.
You would think this would be ideal for practicing OOBE but I have not been leaving my body in awareness.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Have any of you long timer OOBE'ers found this lessening of the noises and vibrations as you become more practiced?????

The noises happened the first time I came close, then barely the second time I came close. Now there is no noise at all. But I've only been completely successful once (and that was going from sleep to trance to OOBE). I cannot just come close to OOBE at will, I'd probably get noise if I tried to do that.

Allot of you are mentioning the Robert Bruce books and this is cool. I am still reading his big fat book. I am finding I can skip parts I don't seem to need and go onto other areas that give me allot of new information.

I think his book was a huge help for me, read all of it. And hey, if I only get one OOBE out of reading that book it was worth it!

I have had a huge ~DO NOTHING~ summer so far.
My son has been working at a BoyScout camp for the last 7 weeks, and I have been able to just be alone....be in my 'clean house' that stays clean, watch whatever TV I want..read...I tend my garden and talk to my cat.
You would think this would be ideal for practicing OOBE but I have not been leaving my body in awareness.

Well I guess that life experiences and dealing with things throughout the day provide us with a boost of spiritual energy that would help us. Maybe you are bored and that probably doesn't help. I know that on the night I had my successful OOBE, something that someone did for me touched me very positively that day. I also find that sometimes I'm just not compelled to try for OOBE, the desire comes and goes.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Ive experienced that no matter how much I desire OOBE....it is not for me to choose the when or where.....or even IF......

It comes unexpected and does as it pleases, and the MORE I try and control it the more I do NOT get to experience it at all......I've learned to just be in the moment....

It is teaching me to not ~DESIRE~
It is teaching me to be one with ~WHAT IS~
It is teaching me to live in ~THE NOW~

(I do however catch myself dreaming about what may come, or something that happened long ago, and how I would react differently now.......and I have to bring my awareness back to ~THE NOW~ and just breath..........)

[edit on 11-8-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

Cug

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I never had them in the first place.

Ive experienced that no matter how much I desire OOBE....it is not for me to choose the when or where.....or even IF......

You are the only one who can choose your actions. If it happens you are controlling it, it may be subconsciously, but you are the one doing it. If you decide you can not do it at will you wont!

Remember the little engine that could? I think i can, i think I can, etc...

All you need is the self-discipline to practice practice practice and practice some more.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   

It comes unexpected and does as it pleases, and the MORE I try and control it the more I do NOT get to experience it at all......I've learned to just be in the moment....

It is teaching me to not ~DESIRE~
It is teaching me to be one with ~WHAT IS~
It is teaching me to live in ~THE NOW~

(I do however catch myself dreaming about what may come, or something that happened long ago, and how I would react differently now.......and I have to bring my awareness back to ~THE NOW~ and just breath..........)

[edit on 11-8-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

You forgot what I mentioned a very long time ago? The more you desire something the lesser the chance to get it. It is very difficult to desire something and want it, but not go excessively about it.

Perhaps a simple excample to clarify is needed. You love an individual and most people grow fond and attached to it creating bonds. Eventually both individuals start having a certain image, expectations, that the other has to live up to. But this is impossible and eventually the relationship ends. You wanted too much and created limitations within the relationship. You should want it and let it be free at the same time instead of trying to retain and control it and create expectations about it. By wanting it the way you seem to you'll only push it away. Feel good/comfortable about yourself and the situation and trust the other individual/thing.

Budhistic and Taoistic teachings give very decent clues on how to go about it. Eventually you can catch the wave any time you please. Surfs up
But it does mean a lot of training and self development.

The noises, vibrations etcetera...I've rarely to never had them to begin with...well as long as I can remember anyway. Only when I felt personally imbalanced and was trying to force something. Only then the noises and vibrations were obviously present.

Btw Cug. I find it odd that you never had an OBE. Since the beginning I was "drilled" to be able to do my ritualistic and magical operations both in the physical as well as the Astral for more efficient results. You even spoke about how to create a million dollars in the Astral, but unless you do not have a natural way to achieve it in the physical you won't get it that easily. How would you know if you never been on the Astral/OBE yourself.

Something doesn't sit right with me o.O Or do you simply believe that the Astral is nothing more then what the alchemists mention? Going down the seven steps of conciousness. Instead of going outer body they go inner body so the speak. Meaning that the astral is nothing more then a mere figment of your own imagination. This is what I'd call Lucid Dreaming, Pathworking and the likes.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Enyalius]

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Enyalius]

Cug

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius

Btw Cug. I find it odd that you never had an OBE.

I'm sorry I should of been more clear.

I meant I never had any of the noises and vibrations she was talking about while APing.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I took a nap today and was dreaming about OOBE.......so I decided to make it lucid and real............and found myself bobbing above my roof.

No Enyalius I did NOT forget.......as I learn many things, and try to absorb many things, it takes some time for things to internalize into a true understanding and being one with an concept. To where its a NO QUESTION part of me. There are many things I 'think' are true and wish to be true but until I actually experience the outcomes of said beliefs they are just thoughts and not experiences, which categorizes them as 'ideas' instead of knowns.

I had several "AH HA" moments last night listening to the Coast to Coast guest talking about the nature of the mind and how it creates the realities we believe in............

This whole OOBE experience has changed me so deeply and fundamentally to the core of my being I am not the person I was at all.
I am this completely new person with a completely new set of ideas and wishes.

The more I learn the less I know................

While watching the meteor shower last night with my son, we saw a UFO. It looked like a satellite but it flashes a bright light a couple of times.....and I don't think satellites do that, and neither does he.
He is saying it was a dyed in the wool genuine UFO.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This is an awesome thing and one day I hope to have an OOBE of my own. But when you think about it, this is very scary. Not only because of the obvious reasons of not being able to return to your body, but what about other people performing OOBE. This would make the perfect spy, and absolutely noone would be safe from their vision. just a thought and im not sure if this has been brought up but yea. think about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The Nazi's did research on the use of such "spies". Russia and USA as well and ended up with Remote Viewing.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Now something i found very interesting this thread was from another member who said that they had started to have an OOBE but they then saw a creature waiting there for them. Now how can this be explained? Was this other member in fact crossing threads with a parallel universe or going to a greater plain of existence here only their these cratures are. Or were they actuallity halucinating? interesting none the less.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The astral planes are inhabited by seemingly intelligent creatures.........they seem to appear to the OOBE person in different forms for different reasons.
Don't ask me what they are doing or thinking for I am not all chummy with the astral wildlife nor can I read minds or guess motives.

They ARE there however and it is NO hallucination at all......and its a weird experience indeed.
This thread is replete with discussions of said astral wildlife.
The Robert Bruce, AND the Robert Monroe books cover this phenomenon extensively for it is strange and curious as well as interesting.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Hello All! It's great reading some of your experiences!
Well, I'll get straight to the point so, forgive me if I seem short. Whenever I visualize taking in energy at any part of my body- in this case, my feet and hands - I usually get sensations that I believe to be indicative of blockages or something of the like. Is this true? I apologize for the broad question but I sincerely hope someone can pass along some info regarding sensations while drawing energy. In addition to these sensations experienced while visualizing energy entering my body at various areas, I sometimes get these peculiar, yet subtle muscle spasms. For example, when visualizing red colored energy entering my hands at the point outlined in the picture below, my thumb may twitch or I'll feel significant throbbing sensations somewhere in whichever hand I'm working on.

...Well, any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hi Plat!

Gee thanks for that insightful question.........energy blockages are not my fort'e in any sense so I am hoping others can give you something on that question.
All I would be able to share is that when I am doing energywork I also feel it moving and 'doing something' to my body.
Just because I can feel it has never made me think I was blocked.......

Back in the 'yonder pages' of this thread are links to all kinds of great sites that have more information on energy work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to say,
that today is the first time I have ever seen this disclaimer on this thread:

~((( This thread is an ATS Big-Thread with 1493 replies.
Please stay focused. Stay on-topic. Minimal or off-topic posts are subject deletion and/or a warning. )))~

I never in a million years thought this odd 'little' thread would get around to being a BIG THREAD.
There is such a small group of people that hold on to this thread, and here we have a found a place of communication of something almost beyond words.

April 30, 2004 I just got a wild hair and decided to start this thread.......today is 8/18/07 and we have made it into the OFFICIAL ATS BIG THREAD catagory at long last..........the site says you don't become a BIG THREAD until 1500 posts so it looks like the powers that be have taken pity on our lil dark horse of a thread and let us in with the big boys 6 posts early.

(that was Academy Awards speech for getting into the BIG THREAD catagory TYVM)

TRG* does her 'parade wave'

[edit on 18-8-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
know that out of body experiences are real. I can say this because I have experienced it myself.
At the time I had no idea what happened to me - I was very young, aged five but can remember it vividly because it was an incredible feeling. As an adult I came across other people's accounts in books and on the web and could therefore relate their experiences with my own and finally begin to try and understand what happened to me.
I initiated the experience intuitively and by instinct.
Here is how I did it and what happened.....

I lay in bed and covered my shut eyes with my hands until all colours were whirling in front of my eyes and making flashing patterns. I repeated/practised this several nights in a row. One night I found myself on the ceiling! (I know crazy! But I promise you, absolutely true!) It was the most incredible feeling, I felt light and free. It felt so nice!
Floating on the landing I thought to myself, "I can fly! I need to show someone this" and considered showing my parents downstairs. I decided against this as I would get into trouble for being out of bed! So managed to negotiate my way to my brother's room, it was difficult to work how to move at first. (I could see as clear as as a bell btw). He had a bunk bed and I was looking down at him asleep and calling to him (no voice? I couldn't hear myself) saying "Wake up and look at me I can fly!"
Next thing I knew I was being pushed backwards really quickly, by unseen hands - there were two entities - I could sense them but could see no-one. It happened so fast and whoosh! (a really horrible sensation, through my head) I was back in bed.
Up until this point the experience was exciting and I felt great, being pushed like that frightened the hell out of me and is something I don't want to repeat. I felt they were cross with me and that I definitely shouldn't have been doing what I was doing.

May I add that I have NEVER been tempted to repeat this no matter how wonderful it made me feel. I honestly felt I shouldn't have done it and have no desire to upset the balance or dabble with things I don't understand.

Three thoughts remain stuck in my head and trouble me. What if I wasn't guided/pushed back in? Would I have worked out what to do on my own? What if some other soul had taken my body, while I was out?
I find this spooky to say the least!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
First off. Energy is energy no matter what colour you give it or from which "pool" you draw it from. Energy is neutral and changes due to the intentions or associates that people attach to it.

I don't think that the twitches of the thumb are energy related but more of an unconcious activity of muscle strains. You focus on that spot and put some strain on it...very slight, but still. Then it just starts to twitch and shiver due to 2 different forces working on that muscle. One part is relaxed, the other strained. Don't know how to explain fysiology properly in english so hope this is clear enough of an explenation.

When talking about blockades. Many pages back I and Mitzella explained it well enough. People have a lot of masks which they had behind and other sort of blockades. It is important to get to know the real you and go through an extensive personal development. Soul searching so the speak. The less barriers, masks, blockades....the healthier the body...then you can do a lot lot more.

As for the fears about others taking over your body, not finding your way back. This has been explained numerous times. Unfounded fears and only fear will be the downfall.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Ok well im a bit curiouse, but let's say you do leave your body. Would that mean it's possible for some one els to invade your body? And if so would that mean that you had the power to invade some one elses body?
It seems a bit creepy but I honestly want to know if it's possible for two people to willingly switch bodies with one annother.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Mrsnicky: I really liked reading your experience. Especially the part where you didn't go show your parents because you thought you'd be in trouble for being out of bed. lol!

In my first and only true experience I did not get pushed back into my body, I felt a little bit like I shouldn't be there though. But hey I feel like that everywhere I go, the way people are always telling me I should be somewhere else... no matter what I do, lol.

I just think that the guilt you felt (and maybe attached) to your experience may have been because of your age. You already felt like you could get in trouble for not being in bed, and at that age the world is trying to teach you all they can about guilt.

I just think your experience and your situation at the time coincide well, you can look at the experience and the situation, and sort of look at why you felt the way you did.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I have started reading this thread last week after just perusing the paranormal category for the first time. This is quite fascinating but a bit much to read coming in after 3 years of it's making. I have read Albert Taylor's book 'Soul Traveller' and it was interesting to a point. I am really very new to this and when I try I get the ringing in my ears that's about as far as I can will myself to go. What's weird is the ringing is in my ears but it isn't a noise. It's like a feeling more than a sound. The feeling is of a ringing in my ears, I think.

I had 2 oobes in my lifetime and they were both in the same night. I spontaneously separated from my body when I was 19 or so for about 2 seconds. I sat there looking at my back clearly a foot or so away from me. Later on that night I was on the ceiling looking down at myself and my friend who was laying on the floor next to the bed.

I have felt my head get smaller and start to twist into my body in a way while I was at work earlier this month. That was weird. I wish I could get a yank out of my body to jumpstart the process as I keep hitting this wall. *wink wink*

I have listened to some astral talk on coast lately thanks to theduderinok. mad props to him.

youtube.com...

really great vids broken up into segments. search his videos for astral projection stuff and put on some headphones and enjoy! I listen to them while at work as it's just audio.

Anywho, if someone were to help me out it would be much appreciated (I don't know if there mysterious yanker's identity was ever revealed or if they ever helped out others aside from RiverGoddess.)

I'm going to do some reading and try to clear my mind and we'll see what happens.

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join