It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What may be happening is that you need to use another method.

My method is to meditate with some good un-lyriced music. Using this music helps me alot, and helped me to expieriance an OOBE on my first try in about 45 minutes.

And something else, maybe the rope method does not work for you. Maybe you should try to not use the rope method. Maybe you should just relax, and let the OOBE take you, instead of you trying to take it.

And maybe we can try to meditate at the same time, and I can try to coax your Astral Self into the Astral World. I have no idea how I would do, but I could still try.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Tecnofan21,

Concentration is a skill. It can be learned and strengthened with practice. You can find exercises to build your skills of concentration in a variety of places. Most books on OBE, meditation, mindfulness and creative visualization address the issue of concentration and offer suggestions for strengthening it. Another unexpected source is books on acting. Concentration is very important to professional actors so most acting books will usually have a lot of games and techniques for increasing focus.

Here's a few exercises you might find helpful:

From Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce
Robert Bruce recommends taking advantage of any free time during the day to practice these techniques. He also stresses that it's not easy to learn and if you can silence your mind for more than ten seconds in the beginning you're doing well.

Single Object Awareness
Pick out and object and stare gently but fixedly at it. Don't focus on any part, but let your eyes gently gaze upon the whole of it. Use breath awareness to hold your mind clear while you do this. Relax and focus on this object to the total exclusion of everything else. Continue this for three minutes, or as long as you can. When you end the exercise, close your eyes. Try to hold the afterimage of the object in your mind's eye for as long as you can.

Spot Focus
Hold the tip of a pencil to your finger and press gently until you can feel a tiny point of pressure. Move your finger very slightly to make this small point of pressure continue to be felt. Focus on this point of pressure to the exclusion of all else, using breath awareness to hold your mind clear of all thoughts.

Breath Awareness
Breathe slowly , deeply, and regularly in through your nose and out through your mouth. Focus your awareness on the action of breathing. Feel your breath entering and leaving your body. Follow and sense the air passing through the inner parts of your body. Hold your mind totally clear of all surface thoughts while doing this. Do not count your breaths or imagine anything just focus your entire attention on the flow of air into and out of your body. Do this for three minutes or as long as you can.

A Course in Astral Travel and Dreams recommends you practice concentration throughout the day by trying to focus solely on one task at a time. So when you're eating, showering, walking or doing any other task you should try to dedicate your full attention to it for as long as you can. When you're mind begins to wander or chatter the course recommends you don't become frustrated with yourself but instead gently guide your mind back to the task at hand.

The Circle of Awareness is a common acting excercise that actors use to bring themselves back to the present moment if their mind begins to wander. If you realize you've become distracted or preoccupied pull your awareness back to yourself and concentrate on your body to the exclusion of all else. When you start to feel your concentration stabilize, increase your circle of awareness to include a small area around you and slowly expand it until you include everything in your environment. If you're attention begins to wander again at anytime during the excercise, pull back into yourself and begin again.

Whatever technique you use you'll find the major key to improving your ability is time and practice. So don't get frustrated and don't give up. And make sure to keep us posted on your progress.

Mitzella

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Xapper,

I'd have to agree with Technofan21 on this. It's possible that the rope method just isn't right for you.

My personal advice would be to try a different projection technique. There's so many out there to choose from it doesn't make sense to stick with one that's not working for you.

You may also want to consider why you're creating a concrete block standing in your way. After all, you're in control of this visualization so it seems to me that this could symbolize some sort of self-imposed barrier. Fear is often a very common blockage for people who are just starting out and if it is fear that's blocking you chances are good you wouldn't be able to get out even if someone in the astral was trying to help you.

If you still feel you want to continue on with the rope method Robert Bruce suggests some techniques for people who are having problems with it:

"Some people have problems with the rope technique because they cannot stop visualizing the rope in their mind's eye. Some say they find themselves bumping up against the ceiling and cannot go any farther. Some feel a great pile of rope building up beneath them. The solution to any problem like this is simple: if visualization is causing the problem, then use visualization to create a solution. For example, imagine that a small hole beneath you is swallowing up the used rope. Or, imagine you are climbing through the ceiling and up into the sky instead of hitting the ceiling."

Mitzella

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the suggestions Technofan and Mitzella. I think i'll try to listen to some relaxing music next time I meditate. I think I might just be trying to hard and just need to relax and as you said "let the OOBE come to me".

If I have any success I'll be sure to post about it.

[edit on 15-7-2007 by Xapper]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Alright, I'm very close to getting out of my body. Listening to music while I meditate is very helpful. I am able to relax much more easily and I haven't fallen asleep the last two times I tried to AP. I just stopped meditating a few minutes ago and towards the end of my 30 - 45 minute meditation I began to feel almost like I was floating, I know this is a part of being in trance, but I think this was me being lifted out of my body. My whole body began tingling, starting with my hands, then my feet, then up to my face. I also had the feeling that something was crawling on me or touching me. It was quite odd. Before I had this floating feeling I am almost SURE I got out of my body but as soon as I was out I had the falling feeling and was right back inside my body. I am very close, if anyone knows if there is anything else that I need to be doing, PLEASE tell me. I am really looking forward to getting out of my body.

I have another question as well. What does it feel like to be out of your body, when does your sight begin to come back? How do you begin to see things? Perhaps I was out of my body earlier but just was not able to see things on the astral plane? Also my body would involuntarily jerk at random. It was very strange, for example, my hand would just move randomly. Or even, at some points, my whole body would slightly jerk. What is the significance of this? I hope someone can help me out. Once again, thanks for all the help before.

[edit on 16-7-2007 by Xapper]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Usually I'll be able to see as I'm projecting but I'll be fully aware that my eyes are closed, then I'll project and I'll have the same vision but it can vary at times. It will either be perfect, in which case its just like being awake, sometimes everything is more vivid and things certain things sparkle and imagine no gravity pulling you down and you've not got the weight of your body. If my vision isn't fine though then it can be a little frustrating. There's been times when I've been in complete darkness but touched things in my room and no matter how much I try saying 'I demand vision' etc... nothing happens. there's been other times when its like putting on a pair of glasses if you don't need to wear them with everything all blured. And then other times where its got that dreamy feel like being under water with goggles on.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Great work Xapper! I get muscle jerks too. It’s called sleep myoclonus and it’s just something our bodies do during the transition between waking and sleeping (usually right before we enter the hypnagogic stage) possibly to relax and release any left over tension in the muscles. A lot of people also report a cobweb type feeling on their face when they’re near the exit point. Some say it’s caused by the astral body beginning to separate from the physical. Try not to let these things distract you too much and just know you’re on the right track.

How does it feel to be out of body? I think everybody’s experience is slightly different. For instance, I rarely get the normal separation sensations most people report i.e. vibrations, rushing sounds, etc. When I was a child it would feel like the head of my bed was lifting up until the whole bed was perpendicular to the floor, then I’d just slide down the bed and out of my body. I still get that feeling sometimes, but I’ve never heard of anyone else who’s had that experience.

Now-a-days, if I’m doing a conscious exit like you’re attempting, I sometimes begin to see things through my closed eyelids before the actual separation takes place but more often than not I’ll simply be meditating one moment and then suddenly find myself somewhere outside my body the next. The last time this happened I was lying down with my eyes closed chanting a mantra and then I suddenly found myself sitting on the edge of the bed with a book in my hand. On other occasions I’ve suddenly found myself in other rooms of my house, outside, visiting friends and family, on the astral plain, and other places.

The thing that still amazes me is just how real and solid everything can be. If fact sometimes it seems that things are actually more real and more vivid in the astral than they are in the physical.

My advice is to try to put questions such as how it will happen and what it will be like aside when you’re attempting to OBE. The mind is a very powerful thing and any preconceptions or worries you have about OBE will only serve to hinder your progress.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
to oobe'ers... =)

i have been interested in this ever since i met my wife 5 years ago. she was always into spiritual exploration and was apparently very talented in her prime. shortly after we met she had me lay down and she (for lack of better terminology) surveyed my chakkras by moving her open palms a few inches above various parts of my body. when she got to my head i had a very intense tingling sensation and she went "hm". she said she felt some pretty strong energy there and i told her that my foregead was tingling and that it happened from time to time. she seemed somewhat surprised by that. i'm able to consciously do this - very easily if i'm relaxed. i don't think it's a muscular contraction, but i'm open to that possiblity. what i'm interested in is the potential for things more significant.

any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I had the muscle jerks too. But when it happened I started to laugh cuz to me it was a little funny. Liek my arm would twitch and then my calf etc. Well I guess im off to try to ap again. and thanks for some tips they should help.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hello

I have been gone for quite some time.
I will read the posts I have missed and join in. I have some new found things to say soon.

But what I must say now to anyone reading this. If you have not read the book Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce, I recommend reading that no matter who you are. Experienced in OOBE or not.

and for those of you who have read it or are currently reading it, im sure you will understand the amazingness of it.

til later
-xao

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I`ve had an OBE myself through a lucid dream once. As soon as i became lucid, i was back in my bed without being able to move. 1 second later "WOOOSHH" floating up out of my body, 100% aware and happier than ever.

Since then i`ve been trying to do it conciously with meditation methods, most of them listed around in this thread. I also found relaxing music to be very helpfull. It gets me to the point where i zone out and get the vibrations.

Now this is to me extremely interesting. What are these vibrations really? Whats happening here? It feels like my inside is vibrating, and like i am burning up, from the inside. This cause me to freak out and breath and heart beats race up.

Skeptics and debunkers of the OBE phenomenom seems to stick to the claim that Astral Projecting is simply a trick of the mind. And its all happening in our brains. However, I`d like to know what their take on the vibrations is, as they are as real as anything. Its something anyone can acheive, while still awake.

What exacly are they? Anyone know? This thread is awesome by the way

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
if you want to know what the vibrations are check out the bookastral dynamics
by Robert Bruce
Its is a great book that explains most of what the vibration are and other things. ( its mainly aboutthis guys research on obe's since he has been doing it since he was a child) Its a very good book btw

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Aren't the vibrations something to do with your blood flow once your paralysed?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Robert Bruce says the vibrations are due to energy moving through the body before separation.

I like Robert Bruce and tend to agree with a lot of what he says however, I think sometimes he over complicates things

I tend to lean more towards clarky's explanation. I've always felt the vibrations and rushing sounds were a result of our minds beginning to filter out external stimuli as we enter the trance state. Thus internal sensations such as blood moving through our bodies and rushing through our ears, the heart beating and breathing become more noticeable and seem exaggerated. Of course as I've said before I don't get these sensations a lot so someone who does may have a better take on it.

Mitzella

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Thank You very much Mitzella for all of the info you gave me. I would have thanked you later but I had Band Camp and a trip I had to go on for a few days, so I didn't have a chance to be on the internet.

And awesome job Xapper, you are extremely close to the OOBE. I hope that you can get to your goal.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by TechnoFan21]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
No Problem Technofan. Keep us up updated on your progress. I'm sure you'll have a success story for us very soon.

Hey Riv, I plan on starting the cleanse again after Aug 4th (my b-day). I had great success with it the last time and hopefully I'll do even better this time. I'll post my results in your cleanse thread on BTS.

Mitzella

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hello All,

Thanks to TRG for an interesting topic and much valueable information!

I had a thought I think it was Clarky who has been experimenting with flying in lucid dreams and mentioned the electrical current or forcefield type barrier that is above the clouds in his lucid dreams.

This made me think of how the brain works and the fact that it basically operates with tons of electircal currents and impulses firing and creating the thought process etc.

Anyhow in the case of a lucid dream I believe the experience is contained within your mind and perhaps the barrier you come across is actually your brain itself and that is why you are not able to cross it unless you actually project through in which case you would then be instead having an OBE.

On another note I used to have a re-ocurring falling dream and after mentioning it to my dad he suggested I put my arms out to the sides and my legs and try to grab onto something as I fell.

This was a few years ago but I still remember having the dream, starting to fall down a dark hole, sticking out my arms, and bam I grab onto something like a tree root or rope and climb back up and out and never have the dream again!

I can remember at least one other dream where I was being chased through and outdoor market that was setup like a grocery store w/o any walls or ceiling but with rows of food etc.

This was also a dream I would have more than once and in the end I always woke up with being caught by whomever was chasign me. So prior to going to bed one night I was analyzing the dream and decided the best course of action.

Upon going to sleep and having the dream I decided to climb one of the shelves and lay down and hide. It worked, they couldnt find me or catch me, and whalla no more nightmare!

More back to the topic my dad told me about a year ago how he laid down to go to sleep (he has a physically demanding job and often works 2nd and 3rd shifts). After he had been asleep for a bit he remembered wanting to get up and get a glass of water but being too exaushted to move.

He described himself kinda floating out to the kitchen and seeing everything as if he was actually there and it makes me wonder if he had a semi-concious obe or maybe just a lucid dream.

Anyhow I agree with TRG about not overdoing the pursuit of OBE as I have a bit of an addictive personality and I could see if I enjoy it more than waking life it may actually detract from the quality and short time one has in this physical material world.

Obviously we are all very lucky to be here and this life is a test and we are to learn and experience things setup for us to do before we were ever born. We will have lots of time for OBE after we die as someone else already stated.

I would think it worthwhile if you could do things while you OBE such as are mentioned in this thread like help comatose patients find thier way back to thier bodies and regain conciousness.

Also someone prevented an armed roberry which is pretty amazing. The whole thing seems like you could be some kind of "Superman" with abilities to fly, walk through walls, time travel, etc. etc.

Just hope those of you that do AP do learn and do good whenver possible!

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Alot of APing can cause certain intense food cravings. I discovered that feeding those cravings makes APing even more effective. Hehe.

A side note:
It's interesting to see how certain people conduct themselves in private totally different from how they conduct themselves in public. It's a fallacy for people to think they have complete privacy behind closed doors & covered windows in their own homes.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Questor]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I tried oobe I did everything the people on the first pages of the thread said and as I was lying in my bed at one point I felt.... different, buzzing, I felt as if I was weightless and motionless after that i was scarred something will happen and stopped doing it, was that normal in the process???

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kifyt
I tried oobe I did everything the people on the first pages of the thread said and as I was lying in my bed at one point I felt.... different, buzzing, I felt as if I was weightless and motionless after that i was scarred something will happen and stopped doing it, was that normal in the process???

Yes, that feeling of being weightless and motionless is part of being in a trance state. It's perfectly normal. It seems like you are getting closer to having an OOBE. Also, if you are looking to have an OOBE, you cannot be afraid. Fear is something that will only hold you back when you are trying to Astral Project. Anyway, I hope that helps, good luck with your Astral Projecting!

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Xapper]

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join