It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well the problem with fighting them lies to the fact that I have not consciously been to the astral world. Nor do I know if it even exists. I believe one day I will find it, because I feel it there.

Regardless, how am I supposed to fight something if I dont even know the playing grounds, or how to move myself, or anything. and if it faces me every time I try, how am I supposed to get in to figure it all out...?

Meh, I'll figure it out.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blake-Xavier
Also
The river goddess. I have a question. Where do you get those types of books. I'm assuming you live in Utah. I dont know exactly where to get them. I don't think many of the book stores around here would fancy carring them, for obvious reasons.
[edit on 11-5-2007 by Blake-Xavier]

A place just east of 9th & 9th called GYPSY MOON carys esoteric stuff.....I like shopping Barnes & Noble in sugarhouse..............when they do not have what I want I ask them to order it for me.
Plus the HUNTER LIBERARY carys an amazing amount of esoteric, reincarnation, occult & UFO titles so ask your local liberary to do an inner liberary loan and it will get to you as soon as its available.

The older I get the more I enjoy things to be easy for me when it comes to shopping,(I seriously HATE shopping) and AMAZON.com has been sending me the books of my choice whenever I want them. I just got the Robert Bruce stuff from them.
I am all for outright buying the books on this OOBE subject for I am so into this study and practice I want to have them on my own shelves.

If it matters, my son & I reside in South Salt Lake City at this juncture in my life.

Hello Bobbyboy thanks for catching up!
Interesting thing your saying there...............and I am planning to work toward being more of a force to be reconned with........in this plane of exsistence as well as in the astral. I am 44 and have always walked away from what I do not agree with, instead of making a stand and arguing a point. I am clearly seeing that I can not just do this with forms of 'astral wildlife' as I have done with human wildlife.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
by taking shrooms or '___' is that classified as a OOBE or similiar?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
NO! Shrooms and '___' are a trip within the mind. You are halucinating. That is something completely different from the alleged OOBE. Your mind is just "cracking" out and seeing things that aren't there, thinking rapidly, etc. Firing electro/chemical messages for the fun of it.
OOBE is another... "realm" I would say. I'm not quite sure how to say it or explain it. Wait for another person to answer that one for ya. But I can say, from what they all say. Is that an OOBE is into another land that is completely real, whereas '___' and things are what you are perceiving to be real.

anyway.
Thanks river goddess. I will look into that when I have some more time and money.
I was going to move up to SLC once upon a time. I think I would like it there a lot. But for now I'm in Provo. Blah. The crazy ass people we live with. It kills me.

anyway, thanks
-z

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hi everyone.

I don't think I've ever had a real oobe experience, but according to some sources I'm come very close. Just about an hour ago, I woke up from a nap completely paralyzed, I couldn't move my body at all except my eyes. Then I started hearing this really really high pitch buzzing sound. I tried to snap out of it and when I finally succeeded, I was able to move normally again. However, I felt very very sleepy and everytime I would close my eyes, I would feel myself going into the same state. To be honest, it was very discomforting because all I wanted was to go back to sleep, not get paralyzed and experience that sound. This went on for about 15 minutes, until I just gave up and decided to get up and put some water on my face.

This whole oobe has really caught my attention now, and I'm wondering what comes after the buzzing sound. I've never really allowed myself to relax and let the thing run its course. It's really weird because the buzzing sound is very loud and it almost seems as though my head might explode.

Is there any way to avoid going into that state? Should I try to avoid it, or just not resist it and let it run?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearHead
Hi everyone.

I don't think I've ever had a real oobe experience, but according to some sources I'm come very close. Just about an hour ago, I woke up from a nap completely paralyzed, I couldn't move my body at all except my eyes. Then I started hearing this really really high pitch buzzing sound. I tried to snap out of it and when I finally succeeded, I was able to move normally again. However, I felt very very sleepy and everytime I would close my eyes, I would feel myself going into the same state. To be honest, it was very discomforting because all I wanted was to go back to sleep, not get paralyzed and experience that sound. This went on for about 15 minutes, until I just gave up and decided to get up and put some water on my face.

This whole oobe has really caught my attention now, and I'm wondering what comes after the buzzing sound. I've never really allowed myself to relax and let the thing run its course. It's really weird because the buzzing sound is very loud and it almost seems as though my head might explode.

Is there any way to avoid going into that state? Should I try to avoid it, or just not resist it and let it run?

Wow, I have a question. Did you ever know about it before this happened? Or did it just happen out of nowhere so you looked for answers?

I would say let it do it's thing, if you are lucky enough to have your mind go there forcefully then go. Maybe there's a reason.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blake-Xavier

Hi everyone.

Wow, I have a question. Did you ever know about it before this happened? Or did it just happen out of nowhere so you looked for answers?

I would say let it do it's thing, if you are lucky enough to have your mind go there forcefully then go. Maybe there's a reason.

For most of my life I've been able to have lucid dreams; it's very normal for me to be in a dream and know I am dreaming. The whole thing with oobe though, started about a year ago when I started getting sleep paralysis, and that would be it. However, a few months ago, I started getting sleep paralysis and the buzzing sound. I got a little bit interested and started doing some research and found out this kind of state is somehow related to oobe.

I'm certainly going to do more research because as you described it, it was almost forcing me to go into that state, so it's not like I had much of a choice.

I'm looking forward to buying and reading Robert Bruce's Astral dynamics; I'm hoping it will serve as a good guide.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have been reading up on this topic and i am really interested. I would much love to get into this but i have some concerns which are the reasons i havent done attempted it yet. As interesting as it all is and the exhillirating experience, i have a bad sense that i would be leaving my body vulnerable to evil or possesion of some sort. Not knowing about the implications of the astral process and whatnot i could be getting my self into some serious trouble. Is their any way to protect myself or is this really against the ethics of our universe

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Robert Bruce is going to be on Coast 2 Coast wens. May 16th.........

This should be a fun listen!! Maybe I will even try and call in

IF it was 'against the ethics of the universe' WHY WHY does it happen spontaniously for so many people? WHY do so called 'enlightened' people strive for this?

[edit on 14-5-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
the reason why-because people's minds are messed up. i know when i was younger, the people at my school would always call me weird because of the things i could see and hear and do. now that i'm older, i see that they now want what i've got. and as far as the enlightened ones, they aren't as enlightened as they think they are. there are still a few things that they hid from themselves when they were younger, and therefore they can no longer access it. i believe that you choose what you learn when you are younger. i don't know how, but i knew this when i was younger, and i chose-consiously-this life. i'm telling you right now, though, people can learn a lot from me if they would just listen. in the spiritual world, they know me as one of the faces of truth.

i am just assuming that my spiritual world is your astral plane. am i correct in saying this?

[edit on 15-5-2007 by bobbyboy]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
theRiverGoddess,

Where do I watch Coast to Coast shows? Which channel is it on? Is it only on radio? I live in Cleveland, btw. I have seen UFO pix on another post and they are also from Coast to Coast. I would like to know more about this C2C thing. Thanks a lot. Sorry for the newbie question.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Last night I found myself talking about lucid dreams to a group of people as if I was awake. I asked this woman a question.. I asked 'why is it that some dream characters are ignorant and some are happy to talk?' she said 'it all depends on what country there from'
not much to go on I know but I wasn't expecting an answer from her so when she said that, it came as a bit of a shock.

Something else too, the other night I was reading over at Astral Pulse about someone using the 'tsssss..' method to pass through doors/windows/walls etc.. and this really strook a chord with me. As far back as I can remember I've done this and never thought anything of it. Basically how it works is just as your about to penetrate what your passing through, make the noise 'tssssssss...' until you've reached the other side. I've always found this to help and another one is to get a big breath and then as your passing through, slowly let it all out. I've found in the past though that when doing these, if I run out of breath whilst still within the object im passing through, then I'll slowly be sucked back through again.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xarprax
theRiverGoddess,
Where do I watch Coast to Coast shows? Which channel is it on? Is it only on radio?

Coast 2 Coast is a late night AM talk radio show, way low on the dial for me in Utah.........same channel that plays Dr Lara and Rush Limbaugh in the daytime.
www.coasttocoastam.com...
I am looking forward to tomarow night this should be great

I was successful in getting out and about earlier this am.......YEY!
I got out and went immediately into the back yard, and claimed 'awareness now, and clarity now' and up came full blown color vision.....the colors were very bright and kind of odd in a way. The trees seemed to be more in fall colors than spring.
I found myself floating down a tree lined street........I was wanting again to head to NM, but realised I was not going there so I just enjoyed whatever came my way.
I then tried to will myself to a friends machine shop in Tulsa but I didn't go there either........I just kept wandering down this long brightly fall colored tree lined street by myself.............
At this point I just seemed to fall asleep
I do not remember coming back to my body.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
BUMP to remind folks of the OOBE show on C2C tonight!

Coast 2 Coast is a late night AM talk radio show, way low on the dial for me in Utah.........same channel that plays Dr Lara and Rush Limbaugh in the daytime.
www.coasttocoastam.com...
I am SOOOOO looking forward to tonight this should be great !!

I may get gutsy and call in

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hi River Goddess,

I really enjoyed your post dated 2004 at the start of this thread. I've been interested in OBE for 3/4 years, the work of Robert Bruce is my main source of information as I find his tecniques and explanantions to be excellant.

I've tried some his NEW techniques and other deep trance methods, I almost came out of body first time using the "elevator" technique. The palpatations and heavy sensations caused me to pull out of the experience - I was on the brink of exit though.

Since that experience I was nearly pulled out of my body when just doing body awareness exercises. I stopped that also as I know in myself that now is not the right time for me to do such things, I unfortunatly attracted some light Neg activity as a result!!

Sometime in the future will be my time, I first need to cleanse my emotions. But enjoy your time out of body & I can fully understand the caps & exclamation marks in your second post - there is nothing like a first experience it leaves you out of words to explain!!!!

Best of luck in the future & perhaps we may meet out of body at some time!!!

To everyone else - it IS real, why don't believe? Try it!!!!

M.

ps. what did Robert have to say?

[edit on 18-5-2007 by marker3221]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Bit of an update...

Last night I woke up paralysed and was tryin my best to project but it just wasnt happening, I kept sitting up astrally but it felt so slow and stiff and the more I tried to sit up, the faster my heart beated. On one occasion I sat up fully but I couldn't see anything, total darkness.. I decided to put both my arms out in front of me to see if I could feel anything and at that moment it felt like someone poked my ribcage from both sides really hard with there fingers and this forced me to wake up.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I don't think I've ever had a real oobe experience, but according to some sources I'm come very close. Just about an hour ago, I woke up from a nap completely paralyzed, I couldn't move my body at all except my eyes. Then I started hearing this really really high pitch buzzing sound. I tried to snap out of it and when I finally succeeded, I was able to move normally again. However, I felt very very sleepy and everytime I would close my eyes, I would feel myself going into the same state.

Dude, you were so close! The buzzing in the ear is the one thing i get when i come close to OOBE. Just let it creep nearer to you, do not fear it! Funny that, because through my childhood i would get it most nights, yet i thought it was my childhood horror of "ball-lightning" creeping up on me! If only i had known back then i would be a pro at OOBE by now.

Just don't fear it. When it happens, just relax, and know that you are in good hands (your own, really), and that you have complete control.. if you freak out or start to be fearful, your mind will most likely stop the experience, in order to protect you/your ego. Again, just let "buzzing" get closer, and once it is upon you, you should be able to "think" of leaving your body, and you should, hopefully, exit your body.

Again, just let it run. From what i've gathered, different people have different "markers" which let them know they are about to have an OOBE. Some people feel vibrations, some hear buzzing, etc..

You just need to have no fear. That is all you need to know.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I got out this am, after waking up and then re-relaxing and giving it a shot......I want to describe it if I can because I got kind of 'stuck.

I will hear the sound, but nowdays it is more of a pulsating sound then a solid rushing noise. It pulsates..........whoosh whoosh whoosh..........and I can try to ride it out, but lately I have to work my way out. It seems like my top half comes out ok and my bottom half is stuck from my hips down. My Astral body flails its 'arms' around and does this swimming motion stroke pulling at the air around me, and this seems to work to get the rest of me out. I 'swim' out...
if you can understand this.......
I no longer attempt to linger in my room trying to look at things, for the magnatism of my body is just to strong and will pull me back in. Now as soon as I am free of the physical I go right out the window and into the yard.......I get as far from my body as I can before I stop, and make sure I pull all my awareness to myself and 'dial up' my vision. I am using Robert Bruce's suggestions in that area, of saying 'AWARENESS NOW" a few times and then "CLEAR VISION" a few times.......I repeat these things untill I feel I am in full awareness and can see as good as possible.........it is so odd to be able to see in 360' degrees, but thats just how it is.......I see all around myself. It sure is different to go from being mostly blind in this state to seeing all around myself. Having 360 vision is making my navagation a little squirley but I am working on this.............

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
lately I have to work my way out. It seems like my top half comes out ok and my bottom half is stuck from my hips down. My Astral body flails its 'arms' around and does this swimming motion stroke pulling at the air around me, and this seems to work to get the rest of me out. I 'swim' out...
if you can understand this.......

Work on energizing your base chakra and this should stop this from happening. If you get stuck in a different place, work on the chakra closest to the point of being stuck. (IMHO)

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
Work on energizing your base chakra and this should stop this from happening. If you get stuck in a different place, work on the chakra closest to the point of being stuck. (IMHO)

Could you give us your opinion on how you accomplish this? I am a novice when it comes to meditation and the chakras, although i understand roughly what you have to do.. i just want to hear some words from someone who has first hand experience, as i find that more useful than anything in these kinds of cases. Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join