It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
oops, just found the answer.. looks like u can go anywhere.. so does anybody know how and what it is like out there? did u discover anything new?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm no expert and my OBE's have usually centred around my bedroom and house as far as remembering the actual projection is concerned. However... I've found myself becoming lucid many times before whilst in dream, looking up and flying straight up and then going through different levels once out the earth's atmosphere and the higher I go the stranger it seems to get.. once I start going through these layers I start to feel more and morel lucid and then fear tends to kick in cos I feel too far away from where I should be.. sometimes I will myself to return and other times I just let go and go with it.. kind of hard to explain really..

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I am looking forward to order these books by Robert Monroe -

Journeys Out of the Body (ISBN 0-385-00861-9)
Far Journeys (ISBN 0-385-23182-2)
Ultimate Journey (ISBN 0-385-47208-0)

Please tell me if it is worth it. I really envy you guys for being able to OOBE.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Got 'journeys out of the body' really good read, infact its the only book that i've actually read in my life. Can relate to so many things robert Monroe talks about. Just got 'astral dynamics' which im gonna start reading tonight.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I have an ebook of Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. I am planning to start reading from today. Does anybody have ebooks of Robert Monroe?

Clarky, could you give me some tips on how "it" all started for you?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
oobers,

when u oobe, and if somebody hits ur physical body, do u feel the pain? do u snap back into ur body? what happens in this scenario?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I have been reading everything I can get my hands on about OOBE, and Robert Monroe is my hands down favorite.....~Far Journeys~ was the life changing book for me, and no matter what else I read nothing compares...........

Last night I heard the sound rather faint and far away.........I was just relaxing and trying to go with it, but I have no recall of 'getting out'...........I remember avidly strong dreams of my ex husbands new wife and I just can't imagine I was out doing OOBE things with her bitching at me the entire time
That just HAD to be a dream...........

I have been reading 'The secret of the soul' by William Buhlman and frankly I am overall dissapointed.................I am sure it is interesting to someone who has never had an OOBE......it is a compilation of many letters to him he received doing an OOBE survey and it is just lots of small quips about "WOW OOBE IS REAL!" and then he himself gives a summery of all that was just said by the other people..........

He was AWSOME on Coast to Coast, and I was looking forward to his book, but the reality of it is kind of a big yawn........the Robert Bruce 'Astral Dynamics' is far better for someone like me who has quite a bit of experience and does not need to be 'convinced' it is real, and needs some overall guidance............answers to specific questions and the like.

Quote by xarprax:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
oobers,
when u oobe, and if somebody hits ur physical body, do u feel the pain? do u snap back into ur body? what happens in this scenario?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your body is aware while you are gone out and about. The telephone ringing will bring you straight back, even a barking dog......someone coming into your room would bring you back straight away.....it is not some empty shell while your outer awareness is traveling......there is a CORE awareness that stays with your body at all times, and a gentle touch would bring you right back ASAP. And YES you would feel anything done to you at all..........even a fan turning on and blowing a gentle breeze in your direction.

[edit on 8-5-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The closest i've gotten to OOBE was after I had my wisdom teeth removed. Keep in mind I was hopped up on vicodin at the time. I was lying asleep and then I heard this buzzing sort of sound if I remember correctly. I got a little excited and noticed that I was coming to. I tryed to slow myself down and relax but the feeling was gone before I could release myself.
Anybody have any tips for me without taking anything and getting it to work without substances.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xarprax
I have an ebook of Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. I am planning to start reading from today. Does anybody have ebooks of Robert Monroe?

Clarky, could you give me some tips on how "it" all started for you?

Here's how it started, I think i've already mentioned it somewhere in this thread but anyway here goes...

About 4 years ago I moved from living with my parents to a house that was shared between me and two friends. We used to go clubbing all the time and ended up dabbling with a lot of drugs.. mainly ecstasy. After about a year it all got on top of me and I kept getting paranoid and having panic attacks. Every now and then around this time I used to fall asleep in the chair and kept finding myself lifting out my body and crawling on the floor on my hands and knees looking at my friends talking away amongst each other or looking really close up to the carpet. On awakening I simply put it down to dreaming as I didn't know any different at that time and knew nothing about astral projection/obe's etc... This kept happening more frequently as my panic attacks got worse and I ended up moving back home. I had a bit of counciling, was on anti depressants for 8 months and was too scared to leave the house. During this time I spent a lot of time using online forums on anxiety disorders and basically just trying to sort my head out. Every now and then I was experiencing this odd 'dream' still of lifting out and crawling on my hands and knees really slowly so I decided to have a look online to see if I could find out what was going on. I put in 'odd dreams' 'crawling in sleep' etc... and then that led me onto reading all about astral projection. After a few months the 'dreams' stopped and I was just having a lot of lucid dreams. The only time after this that I experienced what I now know to be OBE's was the day 'after' drinking a lot of alcohol and that still remains to be the case now. I'm really not sure why this is but basically when I go to bed the day after drinking alcohol, i'll fall tosleep like normal but at certain points throughout the night, i'll wake up just before paralysis/during or just after and at that point i'll think about getting out and go through the usual motions.

So that's basically my story, bit of a grim time when I wasn't well but i'm fine now.
Apart from this I've always been able to remember my dreams clearly and I've experienced lucid dreams ever since I can remember. One thing that really baffles me is why I have these spontaneous projections the day after drinking. It's like something is being triggered to cause me to awaken around the time of sleep paralysis when normally I wouldn't. I do have OBE's on others days too when I havnt been drinking the day before but not very often.. usually its just a whole lot of lucid dreams if anything.. which suits me just fine.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Thanks for all your replies. I have started reading Astral Dynamics and I find it very interesting. I also wanted to try the BrainWave generator thing to help achieve OOBE.

theRiverGoddess, I have been reading your posts for a long time now and I find your OOBE experience quite fascinating.

Thanks Clarky, for narrating your experience.

One last question, is there a beginner OOBE thread that the users can post and get some quick tips and post questions and all?

Thanks again.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor Pepor

Anybody have any tips for me without taking anything and getting it to work without substances.

Read this thread.
It is choked FULL of tips and techniques.....so many it would boggle your mind.
If your truly interested in this topic you will read the info presented for your pleasure within.

This thread WAS a beginner thread at one time hahahaha, you really should read it for its an awsome thread.......
Catch up with the rest of us and then ask whatever you want, but I bet you dollars to doughnuts you find your questions within this thread and already answered nice and tidy.

I know its a job to read a big thread. I read the big threads I am interested in....I keep notes on what page I leave off of and come back the next day. I am currently reading a MASSIVE thread that makes this one look puny.......it can be done.

[edit on 8-5-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
i cant belive i didnt read up on this thread back in 2004, oh well i better start know. I have been interested in astral travel since forever but i dunno i can never calm down my mind i guess i have to learn how to meditate better.

I will continue to read the tread but if someone wants to help me out feel free to u2u me.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Clarky:
I read your post above, interesting events.
But I just wanted to suggest that maybe the day after drinking alcohol your mind is, in a sense, dulled. It would put less logic into things, not quite worry about believing that OOBE's are real. And it would jsut go with the moment.

thats just a suggestion, from knowing what alcohol does to the mind's lobes.

Anyway.
I read quite a bit into this thread, it is fasinating. I didn't know it was still going on until I just looked at this page.

But I want to see if someone will help me.
After reading up a bit on this thread and around the web. I tried to OOBE. The first time I just went out within the first five minutes and I dont remember after that. BUt the next day I woke up instantly and just had an amazing day. I felt enlightened and happy, being more curtious and open to people. Not to mention I was being a lot more deep with everything, more than usual. I'm generally always nice and caring and meaningfull, but this was to a huge extent.

I dont know why this was, maybe I fell into a very deep sleep and had a very good nights rest. Maybe it gave my mind a time to truely think without all the worry and # that goes on inside. Or maybe I did have some type of spiritual experience and someone or maybe my guardian angels helped me through my mental pain and anxiety. I really dont know.

Now, a few days later I tried it again. This time I went out quickly. But aobut four hours later I.. I dont know. I woke up. But I was still asleep. I didn't quite know what was going on. I didn't really care as to that. I didn't really feel quite physical. But again, I didn't realize this at the time. I opened my eyes and I dont quite remember what I saw. It was my room, my ceiling. But everything was swirling and wierd and I can't quite remember it well, nor can I describe it. instantly after that my arm shot up towards my nose and started rubbing it, I didn't realize all this was happening, nor did I conciously do this(my concious, not my sub or super concious, they probably did that.) I slowly came back to and thats where it ended. Turned out my nose was being irratable all night. and I had a horrible toothe ache from my root canal. I stayed up a bit longer because I ccouldn't sleep. Then I went to sleep like normal . Then next day I had school and I was finding every reason to put my head down and sleep. It was like an instant sleep too. I was so drained and tired.

yeah, that's my experience thus far. I spoke with a close close friend about it who has had an OOBE before, I didn't know this until I talked to him, but I kinda already knew he has. I know he has done a lot of crazy things of this such. and I want him to help me with it all, sort it all out. But something is telling me he won't.

Blah..

I just want to sort this crazy world out. I feel as if I can. But I wont believe any of it, and I will try and second guess it all the time.

Thankyou for reading this.
I will be reading the rest of this thread soon, I just havn't gotten the time.
-z

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I tried again the other night and I think I made some progress. I got into the "trance" again, albeit not as strong as the first time, and I tried forcing myself out. At one point I got this vision of me lying down and a transparent figure coming out my back. When I visualised this I got this really dizzy feeling my in head, my entire head felt really warm inside and my ears were ringing VERY loud (they already ring normally, but not this loud). I think that's when I lost my concentration.

I find it more comfortable to get into the trance when I'm laying on my side. Is that ok? I always hear about you having to be on your back.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I cant sleep on my back.....or even relax. I broke my back the year of the hale bop comet.
I am always on my side if that means anything..............

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I would think that the back would be best as you are siting up, not physically. Where as the side would be an odd way to get out. But then you would want to be very comfortable.
but then, I have no idea. wait til the experienced people reply.

I have more to post on my progress. I need help with this it freaked me out.
I was trying again last night. I had slept all day and I felt very relaxed but energized. I eventually calmed myself down. The suckyy thing was I kept getting these random itches and I would have to lift my hand and scratch the itch. Doing that made me realize I was physical, and this kept happening. Anyway, a while into that I started to hear an intense breathing in my left ear, and angerful like breathing. I had headphones on at the time and was listening to a brain wave thing (bwgen.com) I took them off for a sec, nothing. Put them back on. Relaxed a bit and there it came again. I figured it was just somehting my brain was drawing out from the audio. SO I started blocking it out, it went away, then it w3as just there lightly.

A while after that I went unconcious per say, then I because concious again, but I was asleep, going in and out between sleep but being concious the whole time. Then I started having really weird visions and dreams and ever one of them was fearful and horrible. I dont quite remember what they all were but one that stood out was... I heard a car outside on my street, drive by. But I was in my room. Then I flashed upstairs and my step brother said "Oh yeah, she wanted me to tell you that she's sorry about the car."
Then I flashed to another thing, I was walking out my door, and then looking at something in my lawn. From there I heard the car again, same exact noise and everything. I looked back and watched it go by, then it drove over the curb onto my neighbors lawn a bit and stopped. I was thinking 'stupid drunk people' and laughing to myself, although I knew that it was something different. then a bunch of figures started to pour out towards me, running. One ran right next to me, right by my face. Standing there breathing. I felt myself trying to scream but they only came as desperate moans. the figure remained there for a few seconds then I popped myself back awake. Battling to stay awake.

Now, I know my downstairs has something weird in it. I've heard a little girl weaping in my sisters old room, right next to mine. I looked upstairs and she was upstairs so I got freaked out and stayed up there. I regret that now. I dont know if whatever it was was screwing with me, or if it was just a figment of my imagination. All I know is my room didn't feel safe that night, when usually it is my salvation, the safe room in my downstairs.

I dont think I will try this again until I figure this all out or get a sage smuge.

But, if anyone can advise me on this situation, please do.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The thread as you most likely know is 69 pages long so I havn't gotten around to reading it all. But I will get on it because I want to free my mind a bit. Get to know what sorts of things we can do with it. I want so very much to finally be able to use it for more than what I do on an everyday basis.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hey Blake..........

I just read a chapter in ASTRAL DYNAMICS about this issue.....

I had a bit of an issue myself if you read this thread you would know.

Anyway....ASTRAL DYNAMICS is saying that there is allot of 'astral wildlife' that inhabit the other planes and they FEAR a human projector because we have so much power in the astral and they just live there and are at our mercey once we become aware enough to make choices ect.......They do not want us there, and they do NOT want us to learn to navigate 'their realm' so they do the best they can to be as scarey as possible to a new projector. Making all kinds of noise, shouting your name and screaming and grunting and breathing, they will try and appear to us as giant dark shapes or wraiths...........they are hoping they can scare us so bad we will stop. If they are trying to scare you its a good sign your on the right path because they can SEE your growing abilities and they fear you.
Tell them where to get off.
Shout at them to go away.
Use the power of your imagination to shrink them to a tiny speck.........they will soon give up and leave off and start to avoid you like the plague because you become a genuine threat to them in their world.

These critters...this 'astral wildlife' are thought forms that are not fully formed, but exsist none the less.........they are NOT ghosts or evil entities. They are creatures that are not a fully enough formed idea to ever become a full living being......so they exsist as misty forms in the astral. They have enough self awareness to know they are weak compared to the projection of a living human being and are just trying to keep you from going forward on your quest.

THATS the jist of what I understand Robert Bruce to be saying in Astral Dynamics..........and it sounds right. It rings TRUE for me.

Robert Bruce also has a book out called 'Practical pychic self defense' that I bought but I have not yet started to read it since Astral Dynamics is such a fat encyclopedia of a book and I am still into that one.

Back in the further back pages of this thread people give many good defensive tips and they are working well enough for me that I have not cracked the book open yet.

I hope the others will chime in and give you their take on your issue.

[edit on 10-5-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I must say, that seems to be a good idea on it all. And I would never think that that is anything but true.

However. I'm not sure if that is the case. I'm a little convinced that there is something else in my house, maybe that is what it is, but it's there. The whole thing that set me off was how my step brother said that she said she's sorry. Then I went straight to when I heard the weaping on the room next to me a long time ago.

I dont know, it freaks me out. I want to buy a sage smuge to avoid this confontation in the future, but then I'm kinda curious as to if I can handle it on my own.

We will see.

Also
The river goddess. I have a question. Where do you get those types of books. I'm assuming you live in Utah. I dont know exactly where to get them. I don't think many of the book stores around here would fancy carring them, for obvious reasons.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by Blake-Xavier]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

ASTRAL DYNAMICS is saying that there is allot of 'astral wildlife' that inhabit the other planes and they FEAR a human projector because we have so much power in the astral and they just live there and are at our mercey once we become aware enough to make choices.

They do not want us there, and they do NOT want us to learn to navigate 'their realm' so they do the best they can to be as scarey as possible to a new projector. Making all kinds of noise, shouting your name and screaming and grunting and breathing, they will try and appear to us as giant dark shapes or wraiths...........they are hoping they can scare us so bad we will stop. If they are trying to scare you its a good sign your on the right path because they can SEE your growing abilities and they fear you.
Tell them where to get off.
Shout at them to go away.
Use the power of your imagination to shrink them to a tiny speck.........they will soon give up and leave off and start to avoid you like the plague because you become a genuine threat to them in their world.

[edit on 10-5-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

well, bx

looks like i FINALLY got to page 69.

i did a little bit of personal spiritual research on this, and river goddess is right in saying this. i just wanted to give a few suggestions (it might be just one; like i said-i only say what i'm told to say)

and river goddess, please don't be too much creeped out by me-you see, i'm basically in the physical world and the spiritual world at the same time, all the time. that gives me a HUGE advantage-i can usually go to the spiritual world to check and make sure of the truth-i see the face of truth. so without further ado, river goddess meet truth; truth, meet river goddess.

this is partially to both bx and river goddess...

ok, the astral creatures are real-i've been seeing them for 2 years and then i gave up the ability to see them about 5 weeks ago, but the spiritual world wants me back, because they say i can save it. but anyway, if you can tap into your spiritual body, (a very interesting experience and feeling) you may not have to tell them to go or alter them, because if you can access your spiritual body, you can actually fight them and prove to them that you are powerful enough to beat them. you see, river goddess, if you tell them to go, they will go...but they will be back, and they'll bring some of their friends with them. if you show them that you aren't all talk, they won't want to come back, for fear of what you may do to them next time.

i usually work by feedback. if you don't respond to this, i will assume that you didn't get it. but i do congratulate you both for seeking the truth, it is one of the most honorable things you can ever do.

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join