It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DazedDave
What are some of the negatives about doing something like this? Can you get stuck and not return to your body (and die, I guess)? Can you get hurt or attacked by something? If you're swimming, can you drown or get eaten by a shark?

The answer to all of the above is......no.

I think it is a matter of whether or not you WANT to read a whole thread. Depends on your interest level........if O.O.B.E isn't your cup of tea read something else that is......

Do NOT be affraid of delving into the looooooong threads..........
(hint) the super LONG threads are long, for the reason that they are truly the most interesting and compelling.......and so they just go on and on.....if this is not your subject of choice find one that is, and then start reading the longest thread you can find on it.... and you will see what I mean.
It takes a while for sure, its like reading a book online.....keep track of where you leave off and it works out great. Do not let long threads intimidate you........they really do have the cream of the information inside of them.

Ok Clarky...............I was just reading about this very thing last night in this fat Robert Bruce book I have. He is saying it is all a matter of awareness.............some people will never be aware of all the aspects of being inside the human condition and go about things because 'thats the way its ALWAYS been done'
Some people have just always been AWARE of the OOBE thing since they were little and clearly have memories of being in the state so its natural for them. All people have the ability to 'become aware' of this......and the fully concious OOBE, where you fully recall the leaving of your body, where you went to, and the return to your body is the Holy Grail of the OOBE experiance.
The big fat Robert Bruce book called ~ASTRAL DYNAMICS~ is like an OOBE encyclopedia and is packed with information. This is what I am reading now and every page gives me an 'AH HA!' understanding......

[edit on 30-4-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just ordered it.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I tried some of the techniques last night (namely the elevator-breathing technique) and I experienced something I've never felt before. I was wondering if maybe those more familiar with this stuff could clarify if I'm on the right track.

Basically I did the elevator technique, as it is written, and after a while I felt as if my entire body was paralyzed. Really tingly, and my legs felt so heavy that it seemed if I tried to move them, I wouldn't have been able to. I felt all tingly inside, but it felt nice. At one point I felt like I my eyes were open, but within my body and no physically. I still couldn't see anything but I felt totally awake...But only my mind was awake and my body was asleep. I felt sort of like pins and needles throughout my body, it really felt good, but then I started to drift out of this state and suddenly I was awake again.

I've never tried anything like this before, and to be honest I was somewhat skeptical. However, after last night and what I experienced, I'm starting to think that this is perhaps real. It just felt so good inside me. I can't describe it.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hi Dazed,

Sounds to me like you're a natural. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress.

Mitzy

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mitzella
Hi Dazed,

Sounds to me like you're a natural. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress.

Mitzy

It's really amazing. I still can't stop thinking about it today. The feeling inside me just felt so good. I felt dizzy, I felt mixed up inside my own body (like my stomach was being tied in a knot) but it still felt so...good!

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hi David Your definitely on the right track if your feeling the tingling sensation all over. It's certainly a nice sensation, but trust me its nothing compared to what you will feel when you eventually do manage to project outside of your body. If it doesn't happen soon, dont feel too disheartened, keep doing the exercises and it will happen when your least expecting it. It took me about three months and I was very determined. Some days I would lye on my bed all day practising the exercises from the book "Astral Dynamics".

I prefer to do the exercises lying down rather than sitting in a chair. Once I started feeling my chest area moving up and down it wasn't long before my first projection happened. It's a bizarre feeling, when your relaxed all over and concentrating on your breathing, its like you have a string attached to your upper back area and someones gently trying to pull you down and then you slowly rise back up again. As the feeling became stronger it seemed to gain momentum, then all of a sudden there was a quick jolt and I was projected outside of my body.

Anyway goodluck with the astral projecting, it's a truly amazing experience when it eventually happens and it will open your mind to the greater universe at large in which all of us are a part of.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by kindred]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Is there a trick to finally get that "pop" out of your body? Where do I go from the tingly sensation? Just continue with the breathing?

I was thinking again about how I felt and while I couldn't see anything, I felt at that point like there was a galaxy inside me...I felt like there were swirling colours and stars in my stomach. It was truly amazing I have to say.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DazedDave
Is there a trick to finally get that "pop" out of your body?

Check out my post on page 66, 3rd paragraph down. See if that helps ya out.

If not, then honestly I would suggest giving it time. Allow yourself to become comfortable with each new step you achieve. You will only have success when you are truely comfortable with what you are doing.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by mrsdudara]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The so called 'trick' is to HAVE NO FEAR.................be calm and KNOW that you are safe..............be not afraid to venture forth......

Sometimes the bodily sensations are seriously overwhelming like riding and out of control roller coaster....but this to will pass.
Once you are 'OUT' all is calm and gentle, and floaty.

Having NO FEAR is the 'trick'

Welcome to the thread Dave

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thank you.

I tried again last night and was able to get the tingly sensation again but not nearly as intense as the night before. I will keep trying!

For me it seems to start in my legs and it moves up from there. My legs are where the sensation is most intense and then it spreads all over my body.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Dazed Dave,

The numb feeling is the trance Robert Bruce talks about, it is the correct brain state to attempt the "pop". The tingling is the pressure of your astral body.

As the others said, yes you must have no fear but from a practical perspective, once you hit the trance by doing the falling breathing excercise, try the rope technique and concentrate all of your efforts on the seperation.

Personally I found this transition difficult and went backward. Over excitment will stop the exit but the rope technique as soon as you hit the trance and tingle, will get you out.

2 Cents.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I spoke to my dad about my experience and oddly enough, he told me that as a child he used to have dreams where he'd be flying around every single night. He described the feeling similarly to the tingly feeling I experienced.

I wasn't able to try last night, I was exhausted after a long day and just wanted to go to sleep. The night before, however, during the "trance" like feeling, I started visualizing my room and felt myself like a spider, crawling accross the wall. It's amazing how many small details we remember without realizing it...I "crawled" up to my CD case and managed to correctly remember the first row of CDs (I checked it in the morning). Right now, off the top of my head I have no idea what CDs are there but somehow in that "trance" I was able to remember.

Ever since I started trying this, I feel like a cloud has moved away from me. If you look at a previous topic I posted here, you'll see that I was feeling very odd and detached. Ever since I first felt that tingly feeling, it's like my body is whole again. I feel awake and I feel refreshed and happy.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Last night before bed, I sat down and meditated, within the first 15 minutes, I was so relaxed that at first I felt like a stone then numb. I felt like I wanted to shoot out of my body but had a feeling of fear. I tried to tell myself its o.k, go out and have fun. As hard as I tried to leave, my body tried to grab my awareness. After a struggle that seemed for ever, I couldn't get out. Its only been my 3rd time trying and will try again tonight. Any suggestions on how to get past that first hurdle r is it a matter of personal experience?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Early this morning my flatmates woke me up by talking in the hallway, but i knew straight away it was the perfect time to try an OOBE, the point where you've been sleeping for awhile but wouldn't mind another hour or so

Ive realised that in this state one can fall back asleep again VERY fast, so i closed my eyes and concentrated. Immediatly i felt a change in my mind, i can't describe it, i just sorta clicked as it happened, and then i got the buzzing sound creeping up on one of my ears..i tried to roll out, and got about halfway again (furthest i've got), but i couldn't make the final pop.. i tried this twice in quick sucession, getting halfway out both times, but then fell asleep

Getting in the right state isn't the problem for me, its just making the final leap.. I have patience and will try and try again, but has anyone been in this position before and then realised something simple was blocking their progress? I feel more than ready, and i enjoy the experiences, but i get the feeling that im not using the best method?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
Getting in the right state isn't the problem for me, its just making the final leap.. I have patience and will try and try again, but has anyone been in this position before and then realised something simple was blocking their progress?

Yes, like nearly every freakin' day. My issue is concentration. If I could keep my mind focussed 100% on what I'm doing and stop it wandering all over the place, then I would be successful 99% of the time instead of 1%. grrrr.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Almost ALL the books on OOBE say you can not be wearing anything metal at all, no watches nuttin or you do not make it...............so I no longer wear jewelry, unless I am putting some pretty things on for a reason. I used to sleep in the little earing studs, and my other rings.....but now all that stuff is taken off at night.

THAT might be your 'sticking' point maybe...........

The caffine issue is also a serious block...............
if I have ANY caffine its a no go for sure, even one can of a cola drink and it won't happen.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
ive been practicing to have a oobe since i last posted and i have run into a problem. every time i get very very relaxed i start to feel a twinge in my leg like a nerve and the twinge grows very intense to the point of hurting. it distracts me so much i have to break my concentration and flex my leg to get it to stop. has anybody had this problem besides my because it is really bugging me.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Pulled a muscle maybe? or it could be when your leg jerks to check if your body is asleep before paralysis kicks in.. that's all I can think of.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
last night i tried ignoring it and it stopped. i think that that maybe a sensitive nerve in my leg twitches and since my body is receiving limited stimulation i concentrated all of my attention on that one spot. if i dont concentrate on it then i wont register it and i will acheive sleep paralysis. does anyone else agree?

[edit on 5/5/2007 by psimorb333]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Greetings all,

This is my first post here. I have a question about OOBE.

Is it possible for the OOBE'rs here to go into the space and see what its like out there? Can they find out the origins of space? Can OOBE'rs go back in time? I have been trying to OOBE since a long time but was not successful

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join