It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hi TrappedSoul,

You should talk to Rivergoddess about not being able to see. She's been working on that problem herself with possitive results.

I've heard of all your techniques before so you're definitely on the right track

My only advice to you would be to work on overcoming any fear or uneasiness about OBE you may still be holding onto. Even a small unconscious amount of fear could make it difficult to get all the way out. Great work so far though! Keep us posted on your progress.

Mitzella

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gopher mines
The more I read these stories the more it seems like i've gone through on OOBE of my own, you can read about it in a thread that I started here:

I think most people OBE while they are in 'deep sleep' as to not disspell the denial of their true nature. Life is a game and 99.9% of the human race is so deep into it that they deny themselves knowledge of their true nature to keep from upsetting the contrived reality they are playing out.

In times of trouble, often as in a car crash or falling off a house or some such incident, if you look back thru the memory of these events frame by frame you will find frames where you have sight from angles and perspectives not possible from your eyes. This is exteriorization!

Also one of the highest levels in Martial Arts is to be slightly outside your body. When you achieve that you will have eyes in the back of your head so to speak.

[edit on 4/14/2007 by bodebliss]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mitzella
I've heard of all your techniques before so you're definitely on the right track

My only advice to you would be to work on overcoming any fear or uneasiness about OBE you may still be holding onto. Even a small unconscious amount of fear could make it difficult to get all the way out. Great work so far though! Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks for your comment, it's nice to hear that I might be on the right track!
I would love to live in a world where everyone learned how to do OBE, think of all the possibilities...
And yes, I will try to do something about this fear I got, actually I'm scared of aliens when I lay there paralyzed... It might take some time before I get any new results but I will sure post about it here!

Originally posted by Mitzella
You should talk to Rivergoddess about not being able to see. She's been working on that problem herself with positive results.

I guess I should, if you (Rivergoddess) read this feel free to send me an PM or write to me here.

Good night!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
HI River Goddess and everyone else. Wow this is truly one big interesting thread, took me a while to skim through it.

I've had two OBE experiences & even a NDE like experience when I was younger that were totally amazing. I've also had some bad experiences, as unfortunately I have also come across those pesky evil shadow like entities that some of the people in this thread have talked about. They are truly scary and seem to have the ability to magnify your fears ten fold.

It's been a while since I did any proper meditation, but for some reason everytime I try, I feel as though something or someone is deliberately blocking me. For example when I begin to meditate and become relaxed all of a sudden someone comes out of no where and starts banging on drums or sometimes its a bomb going off, resulting in my heart nearly jumping out of my chest, lol and interrupting my trance like state.. It's becoming a pain. I just find it so much harder to relax these days, than when I was younger.

Oh Well, doing this has taught me one thing, if you want to succeed you have to keep at it and eventually your perseverance will pay off. I could talk for ages about this subject matter and its late so I'll check back some other time and share some of the energy awareness techniques I used which enabled me to have an OBE.

Check out the website below and forum for some excellent information
www.astraldynamics.com...

Take Care

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

For example when I begin to meditate and become relaxed all of a sudden someone comes out of no where and starts banging on drums or sometimes its a bomb going off

Hey Kindred, where do you live that you have bombs going off while you're trying to meditate?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I've experienced exteriorization w/o astral projection many times, and in broad daylight while walking or standing. The way some people astral project on this thread makes me wonder if they are not just extending lucid dreaming to new levels. They talk of paralysis, lucid dreaming, astral projection, and then going onto other plains of existence where their fantasies can expand in that order. That to me is just lucid dreaming run amuk.

I believe that you should be able to be slightly out of your body at the drop of a hat. I can turn and look at my body. I don't float out either. It's more of a pop out and zoom from observing point to observing point. It is the freest feeling you'll ever feel. Like a shot of adrenaline. Like being shot out of a cannon. When it happens I momentarily lose all senses from my body's location, but gain sounds, thoughts, feelings, smells, sights from where I then am observing from. This to me is true exteriorization.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
IMO Dreams, Lucid Dreams, OBEs, WILDs, MILDs, Deep Meditation etc. are all different aspects of the same thing- The consciousness detaching itself from the physical body. What makes them slightly different is the level of control and awareness one has during the experience. In a dream we have no awareness of our true state. We go through the whole experience without questioning it's reality, as if on autopilot. In a full blown OBE we're fully aware and able to shed the dream images created by our mind at will.

Sometimes we're able to gain more clarity during the experience and one becomes the other i.e. A dream becomes a lucid dream or a lucid dream becomes an OBE. Where one begins and the other ends can at times be very difficult to determine precisely. Think of it this way, cold and hot are different aspects of the same thing- temperature. We all know what cold and hot are but where precisely do they start and end on the thermometer? black and white are different aspects of the same thing- color. It's easy to see them as polar opposites yet we often times forget there's a whole spectrum in-between connecting the two.

When we begin thinking strictly in dualistic terms such as hot/cold, black/white, good/evil, etc. we're closing ourselves off to all the possibilities in-between. In my experience things are very rarely completely one extreme or the other, which means there's an awful lot to miss by limiting ourselves to that kind of thinking.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I dreamed that I did OBE today, but that was only a dream, I even dreamed that I woke up paralyzed when I started thinking about my body as theRiverGoddess said happened with her.
And then after the dream I woke up paralyzed, hehe.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Hey Kindred, where do you live that you have bombs going off while you're trying to meditate?

HI Mitzella, I dont mean literally, I ment subconsciously. For example when I meditate, I picture myself in a beautiful garden filled with flowers, waterfalls etc and I would see myself lying on the grass relaxing. Then all of a sudden something or someone would come into my dream and start banging on a drum etc, which obviously disrupts the trance like state I'm trying to achieve. This seems to happen quite often now when I try to meditate and it's really annoying. I just feel as though there's some invisible presence thats doing everything to stop me from exploring my own spirituality through meditation.

P.S Nice artwork Mitzella
Thats something else I keep meaning to get back into but just dont seem to have the motivation these days.

I believe that you should be able to be slightly out of your body at the drop of a hat. I can turn and look at my body. I don't float out either. It's more of a pop out and zoom from observing point to observing point. It is the freest feeling you'll ever feel. Like a shot of adrenaline. Like being shot out of a cannon. When it happens I momentarily lose all senses from my body's location, but gain sounds, thoughts, feelings, smells, sights from where I then am observing from. This to me is true exteriorization.

Hi Bodebliss, I agree to a certain extent about what you said. It was the same for me during my two OBE's. Once I left my body I was no longer aware of it, a bit like taking a very heavy coat off and from that moment the only body I was aware of was my astral body or spirit with all my senses still intact and also extremely amplified .

Maybe some people are actually unknowingly remote viewing rather than lucid dreaming or astral projecting. They all involve altered states of consciousness and it's very difficult to work out which state is which, because by the time you come around most of the information is lost and only fragments remain. According to the book I read (Astral Projection) that susposedly changes and the more you practise energy awareness exercises and project outside your body, the more you will remember.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by kindred]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I really like Bodebliss's word EXTERIORISE, that is so much more descriptive of whats actually going on than saying 'get out'.........

3 days ago...MrsDurda asked if I would like to IM and discuss her 'easy out' techniques. I of course jumped at this chance. I am going to let her describe her process..............
I decided to try it, as I try everything.... trying to get this right, and it WORKED for me!
I exteriorised beacuse I wanted to!!
This is the 1st time ever! it was not random I was able to exteriorise because I wished it so!!!

The day after IM'ing with her when I woke up, I decided to try her method. My son was at his fathers and there was no real reason I had to get up on Saterday am. I used her advise....first I spoke out loud saying "I give you permission to go out" I also added a little visualisation of when exhaling I imagined myself going down a floor on an elevator. In my breathing I went down 20 floors........I felt very relaxed and then used MrsDurda's visualisation.
I was in full darkness of having my eyes closed but kept going with it....and slowly my vision was brightening up and I found myself in my backyard looking at my son's broken trampoline. I thought that MAYBE I was dreaming for this was feeling dreamlike and I allready know the trampoline was having problems so that was nothing new..................I needed to fin something differant to verifey for myuself this was in fact REAL and not a dream. I went around to the front yard and notice my neighboor had mowed the lawn for me (how nice of them!) and that I had mail.....there was a yellow package in the box waiting for me. I knew this was enough for verification so I got excited and ZAPPED back to myself.....and got up. I hurredly dressed enough to go outside and went out to the front.
GUESS WHAT????
My lawn had been freshly mowed!! and a the Robert Bruce book I ordered had come in a yellow envolope package!!
(I mentioned the book had come a few posts ago, this was that very day)

Last night I was up flippen almost all night playing on the putor and watching dvd's......It seemed like I wasnt getting sleepy I was all pumped up about having a success like that.......but finally in the wee hours of the morning I went to bed............and set my alarm for 11am.
It went off and I turned it off......and decided to once more follow this working procedure and.............IT WORKED AGAIN

This time I find myself in a carnival like atmosphere, where there were lots of people. I could fly all around and see it from above, and I also could join in on the ground. It was a red rock type country and I thought I was somewhere near Zion Canyon here in Utah..........

My cat walked across my chest and I came right back to myself and was chastising the cat telling him he messed up my fun party
The clock said 11:48am
Then I was able to relax and go RIGHT BACK to this carnival!! I could return to the place.....and I was able trying to tell people this was my first real time when I was able to exteriorise by desire. The folks I told did seem to care that much.....
I had all the fun and saw all the things I wanted to, and figured I have gotten all I need out of this trip and came back......
The clock said 1:19pm.

All dang day long I have been so chipper and UP UP UP beat!!! It has been a day of CELEBRATION for me!!!
This is what I have worked for a loooong time. Almost 3 years exactly since the 'big yank'............

When I asked to be 'YANKED' out, it NEVER occured to me, that I still would NOT know how to do this on my own. The 'YANK' did open that door for me....and showed me the truth of this for a fact, and it made way for it to happen for me on random occasions.............but now I have finally gotten to the place where I can DO this because I will it so.
NOW I am finally going to get to explore!
I am planning to go buy me a new lazyboy recliner that is my OOBE practice place as my BIG reward!!!

[edit on 16-4-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Here is a link to a thread called 'The Dark Side of OOBE'
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Its an informative thread so I'm adding it here.....

TrappedSoul................I can talk to you about 'flying blind' and how to work through that........we can do it here on this thread, or privately if you prefer. I will help you all I can if you desire me to.........just ask.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

My lawn had been freshly mowed!! and a the Robert Bruce book I ordered had come in a yellow envolope package!!
(I mentioned the book had come a few posts ago, this was that very day)

That is just the Greatest News, River_Goddess!

It only took 3 years, too. Some adherents to older tech had to wait decades to achieve similar results. Count your lucky stars for the webs ability to disseminate knowledge. No downcasting on your valliant efforts intended. It takes a great deal of effort to make gains in the spirit in this material world where everyone is in denial. Good work!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Once I left my body I was no longer aware of it, a bit like taking a very heavy coat off and from that moment the only body I was aware of was my astral body or spirit with all my senses still intact and also extremely amplified .

Hi Kindred,

The first time I obe'd I was so far away from my body(over a half a mile and far up in the sky) that when I lost sight of it, I made the decision to zap back and when I did I hit my body like a ton of brick almost falling down. People looked at me as if I had forgotten how to stand. It was really funny!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Hi, i've been contemplating life quite a lot in the past year and have only just started reading about OBE's, I've read various threads within ATS on the subject and let me say it seems like there are some wonderful people on these boards. I was wondering if someone could tell me if this simple guide is any good:

www.crystalinks.com...

it just seems too simple? I'd love to experience something like this though so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to IM me on MSN, [email protected]

Many thanks in advance for any future response!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
MrBocci,

It talks of overcoming your fear of leaving your body. That is a major obstacle right there.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
someone should post like a how to and we should all try to do our own OOBE
.... i was wondering if someone can do this often for long periods of time would they be able to infultrate area 51?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
To be out of body for long periods would be worrisome.

Most who like me can do it easily just hang around the body. It's home!
It gives me a different perspective on human existence.

Astral projection can entail hours, but that doesn't mean Earthly excursions.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I am getting closer! The other night i had the sleep paralysis again, and i followed the advice of a member here (sorry, i forgot who u are), and i tried to "move" my body out... I was able to move my arms out but then i became so excited and it faded away. It was a strange feeling, almost like i was falling continously forwards/down (anyone with experience in psychadelics will know what im talking about). I know i was lying on my back, and my eyes were closed, yet i could see the room, and my arms as i raised them out of my body (until i got too excited and it stopped).

One thing that spooked me, was that i tried to get into my friends dreams (thats what i said to myself as i began to astral.p)...4 days later, two of my best friends said that i turned up in there dreams, both very lucid dreams apparently, one with me smoking (haha), and the other with me getting stabbed!!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hello, Rivergoddess asked me to post the techniques I told her about here. I appologise ahead of time, I am not very good at putting things into words. THis is just something I have always done, I didnt even know there was a name for it until a few years ago.

First you HAVE to relax. Everyone has a different way to achieve this. Be it a glass of wine, meditation, whatever floats your boat. If you are having a hard time relaxing, then wait to do this until you wake up in the morning, or if you wake up in the middle of the night.

After you are nice and relaxed, close your eyes if they are not already. Visualize your suroundings. Start close and work your way out. Feel the energy everything puts off. Pay attention to every detail. As you slowly work your way out, you will reach a point where you "pop out".

About the sound, if you relax the back of your throat (the area behind your speedbag), and the back of your toung, it will help a lot, if not get rid of it completely.

This thechnique will help you achieve the "feeling" you need in order to do, whatever you want to call this.....obe, astral, exteroize. The feeling it is you are trying to achieve is the same as the feeling you get right before your hand reaches out to grab something. That "reaching" feeling is how you go from one place to another.

Hope this helps.

Rivergoddess, let me know if I forgot anything.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by mrsdudara]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
idont get it...do you just think that your coming out and then your out or what like how do you "get out"...and can other people post their methods as i would love to try this out and see what i can achieve

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join