It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
[Mod edit to restore page format]

[edit on 11/4/2007 by Umbrax]

link   
[Mod edit to restore page format]

[edit on 11/4/2007 by Umbrax]

link   

Originally posted by CharmingNymph271
i am just typing random things so i can u2u ok

Well no it is NOT ok.........you will be banned from this site if you do not follow the terms & conditions of being a member.

Please click on the Star Wars looking thing in my signature and that link will take you to the T & C page.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Nymph.if your thinking this behaviour is going to actualy get people to WANT to talk to you your wrong.
Your ruining a perfectly NICE thread that people enjoy.....and now YOU come along and make a big mess of it........you will not only br banned but so will your siblings and your personal ISP will be blocked and you are going to ruin the ATS experience for your family.

We do not act like this on ATS.
You MUST stop it.
It may allready be to late for you................as soon as the moderator gets to this thread you could be doomed.

Cug

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone still thinks CharmingNymph271 has the maturity to start learning to AP?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
YIKES she must have been super bad, all of her posts are gone!!
I dont think I have ever seen that happen before.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by mrsdudara]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I had a stroke that affected the left side of my brain. The right side was still working fine.

For real, my body wouldn't work, but my mind was as clear as could be, even with a blood clot in my left brain. I thought....is this what it is like to die? If this is it, what am I scared about?

It was so simple to just let go of my physical body. Just let go....you can't have any strings attached, as they will pull you back to your body. Just let go.....

Your body will go on auto pilot, so you don't need to wory about it not working while your spirit is away.

It is like the black and white ying/yang sign, where the black part is your physical body and the white part is your spirit entity, together but separate.

Just let go...... Relax and let go....... You are almost there...... Your body is just a shell.... Let go ........You don't need your body to survive..... just let go.....

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
Just wondering if anyone still thinks CharmingNymph271 has the maturity to start learning to AP?

Even though I cant see what she said, I still dont think it is up to anyone to judge another persons maturity level. sheesh Everyone has the right to learn what ever they want. If you are worried for the person, then helping by giving them more information. Ultimatly, they have to make their own decisions.

*win,
beautifully put.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by mrsdudara]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
folks, let's ignore the sidetrack and get back to the topic at hand.

Conscious Oobe....It's Real!!!!!!

Discuss.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
win 52 thats some amazing information...I am GLAD to have you join us and give us another perspective.....how long did it take before you recoverd? Did the OOBE ability stay with you throughout?

Originally posted by mrsdudara
YIKES she must have been super bad, all of her posts are gone!!
I dont think I have ever seen that happen before.
[ 11-4-2007 by mrsdudara]

She was typing random numbers and letters in long strings...
and long strings of smileys..........she had quite a few posts going that were a big bunch of nuttin. I have seen it before but the moderators/clean up crew here catch that kind of thing pretty fast.
It made me really sad
for this thread has been so clean and mostly troll free.
She is gone now and all that remains is our remarks about 'what the heck was that'??

Cug...she made your point for you so crystal clear I bet your just sitting there with a grin on your face......

I am still on the fence about THE AGE issue and OOBE........but I have to agree that meditation and prep work have got to help alot......I mean, I did alot of this work attempting to get to the OOBE point but never quite made it. (I think it is because I have some ADD stuff, not so bad that I have a need for meds but it is an issue for my focus, and lack thereof)
BUT...............my out of control, blind and random experiences are so confusing and frusterating that Cug makes a VERY VALID point, that one should do the prep work 1st, so that when you get there you can have some ability to control it..........and it does take maturity to be able to sit and practice your focus. It takes patience, and the person has got to at LEAST show enough patience to do the work it takes to open up your u2u function on this site without babbeling up a good thread.

My ADD issues a make meditation a difficult task to be sure. I bring myself back to my breath every 20 seconds it seems.
I have much better luck with guided meditaion CD's..................and with the hymi-sync CDs where I have someTHING to focus my attention on, instead of just allowing it to wander. When it wanders I can get stuck obsessing about housework and that is NOT relaxing or mind expanding.
This may be WHY my experiences are only taking place prior to sleeping, after I have got my head to shush up enough to try and dream. Only then does the 'sound' beckon to me.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
river goddess. i am sorry for my sisters behavior on the thread. i havent been posting much because i have been studying for my mid-term tests(my high school teachers use mid-terms). but i really did believe that my sister would be mature enough to post responsibly. she didnt even read the rules for posting. i am glad our ip wasnt banned from ats. i have told her to no longer post on ats as well (but i told her she could still read posts). i hope that i will still be welcome to the thread...

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
thanks psimorb, for that stand up a.......
She needs to read the T & C and follow the rules, and as long as she is doing that, and has worthy content to add she is welcome to join the conversation.

I bet your embarassed as all get out.............nobodys perfect and we all make mistakes,(just look at my spelling) but mistakes can be avoided when we read the rules first. My son just joined ATS and I am making him read all the rules before he can post in the hope of avoiding the same kind of embaressment

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
the post above me I wrote: thanks for that stand up apology.......but it just showed up as dots

I don't know why

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I came across a two technique that are cool when put together, I thought I'd share. I have found the rope technique useful and I must say it is important to work on concentration etc Anyway...

Robert Bruce talks about an easy way to get into the between sleep and awake state required and that is to concentrate on breathing and on the breath out (chest falls), visualize a small physical falling feeling like a minor elevator motion. A few minutes of this puts you in the right state.

I was having problems, either excessive tingling (which I now know is good), but I sometimes either felt a little sick or queasy or I felt uncomfortably warm.

Anyway, the technique I found which I added to this which works if anyone's having trouble is once you are near and getting stuck or not just completely out, visualize yourself lying at the bottom of a pool (underwater). If you can do it without interrupting your breathing and allowing that urgent need to be above the water, you find you may just ping out like a slippery cannonball.

Anyway, for me the most important elements are concentration, visualization and will.

My nOOBiE 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It really comes down to wanting to be somewhere else, more than you want to be where you are, and not being afraid. For instance, I went to a campground in I believe the UK this morning. I was needing some sunshine very badly, and am itching to go camping. So i went. The sun was putting off some fabulous energy i must say, and I had a nice chat with a lady. Just stop doubting, and second guessing yourself. You just have to let go. Really, that is what all the meditation stuff is about. Letting go.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Okay here's my dilemma:

My old high school boyfriend has a younger brother who committed suicide. He shot himself in the head our junior year . This was many years ago. I wasn't extremely close to him but after it happened I had several dreams in which he would come to me and tell me he needed to give his brother an important message. Every time he came he was surrounded by so much unrest and turmoil it scared me beyond words. I always told him to go away and refused to listen. Eventually he stopped coming. Now looking back on it I feel a little guilty that I didn't listen- but man he was so scary and I was just a kid!

It's been a very long time since I even thought about him, but last night I had an OBE and found myself talking to him. It seemed as if we had just bumped into each other. Like going to the grocery store and unexpectedly bumping into an old friend you haven't seen in a long time; which I guess is sort of what it was. He looked like his normal high school self- no more scary stuff. We talked for awhile but he didn't seem to have anything important to tell me. He said he thought it was strange to see me so much older but not to worry because I still looked good. (Nice to hear- even if it was coming from a dead guy) I told him it was strange to see he hadn't aged at all.

I don't talk to his brother all that often (a couple times a year at most) and I'm wondering if I should tell him about any of this. It's not like he's asking for the information and if I told him it would seem like it was coming out of no where. I'm not even sure how I would aproach the subject. "Hey, I talked to your dead brother last night." just doesn't sound right. Perhaps it's better just to let it rest. What do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I have never had any of what I would call real OBEs, because I have only had these where I can't see.

I started to really get interested in this after it happened to me in my sleep, I was really dragged by force out of my body while fighting all I could to get back! I didn't know exactly what was happening, but I knew my soul was leaving the body and I was scared of dying... I woke up and laid there scared in sleep paralysis trying to get out of bed and it happened again, I was dragged out, everything got gray and then pitch black like I was moving through a "tunnel" while I couldn't feel my body and I felt like I was floating somewhere totally alone.

After that I have started to have more experiences and I very often get sleep paralysis and scary dreams...

My technique for forcing myself into sleep paralysis and the state where I hear the "rushing sounds" (let's call it the "OBE ready state") :

Read about it and write about it all day, this way you will really get it inside your head and thoughts. If you do this often then you will much easier start dreaming about it, and then BAM you're out.

# up your sleeping routine then you will wake up more often and easier get into the state where you are relaxed and conscious enough to force yourself into the OBE ready state.

How I force myself into the state:
When I'm very relaxed I start concentrating about the ringing sounds in my ears. Then I sometimes manage it to get louder for a very short time. That's when I'm getting near. Then I try to do the same thing I did when it got loader and keep it load. And suddenly I manage to get it to go loader and loader (fast) until it paralyzes me and the other weird "electrical" sounds bursts out. I often feel a very uncomfortable pressure in my head too when I'm doing this (but just ignore it). Then I feel myself starting to move inside my body... But I have never been fully successful. Sometimes it just gets black and I feel like I'm floating somewhere. Once I heard some angry/scared cats all around me too... (which was weird, dead cats?).
(Actually it's like I'm trying to release my mind from the idea of being inside a body)

The more I exercise on this the better I get and sometimes I just need to be a little relaxed to do it. I remember that I sometimes just did it automatically without concentration at all, which annoyed me since I was too scared to go through it, I had to keep fighting it of to get to sleep.

And I get to the state when I hear these sounds every now and then while "sleeping" but I often gets shocked or scared in the moment and stops the process.

But after a while I have almost stopped having these experiences, I thought less about it and my sleeping routine got better. But I will try again the next days. And please try my poorly described "tricks" (which was hard to explain).

[edit on 2007/4/14 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The more I read these stories the more it seems like i've gone through on OOBE of my own, you can read about it in a thread that I started here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join