It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
i am phymorbs sister do you think APing is bad for me?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharmingNymph271

I would say not at all.

Other people have differing opinions on this however.....so read back through the last few pages and see what folks are saying.
Then I think you need to choose to do what you feel is right for you......follow your heart.

Cug

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Please don't be offended, but yes I think you are just too young to start APing.

However, that should not stop you from starting to learn how to do things that will help APing when you get a bit older. Learn some yoga like meditation, (control of the mind), Asana (control of the body), and Pranayama (control of the breath). If you learn this stuff first.. by the time your 20 you will be better at APing than you would be if you started APing right now.

But I also was 12 years old at one point a long time ago, so I know if you want to do something you will do it.. so be careful!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Why is it you want to AP?

What brought your attention to astral projection?

What about it has you curious?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hi CharmingNymph, (What a cute screen name- I love it!)

I tend to agree with River Goddess. I don't think OBE will harm you if you try.

That said, I still suggest you begin by follow Cug's advice. Start by working on the things he's listed. (yoga, meditation, asana, pranayama etc..)

The reason I say you should start with these things rather than jumping into AP right away is because these things are the foundation for mastering AP. Cug is right. If you want to be really good at AP mastering your body, thoughts and emotions is a must. Think of it this way, if you wanted to build a skyscraper you would start at the ground and build up not the other way around.

Another reason to start with these things is it will make achieving an OBE easier for you. A lot of people try to OBE without realizing how much physical and mental discipline it can take. When they don't succeed right away they become frustrated and give up. If you take the time to build a strong foundation you'll develop the kind of discipline you need. In fact, if you do these things, it's very likely you won't even have to “try” to AP, it will just happen when you're ready and you'll get more out of the experience when you do.

Yes, it's possible to have some success without doing these things first but if you want to be really good... well, you get the picture.

This would be my recommendation for anyone who wants to start learning OBE. I think the question of when is it appropriate to start learning OBE is less about physical age and more about how mentally and physically prepared a person is.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

Originally posted by Old Man
This practice of Astral Projection is a dangerous occult practice, much like the ouija board. You are messing with things that you won't be able to ultimately control.

All you need to do is add "without training" to the above quote and I'd agree with you 100%.

Seriously? That scares me a little bit. Just over four hours ago or so I think I almost had an AP.

It's been now over a year since I started experiencing sleep paralysis. But today it was a little bit different because I started hearing a really loud high pitch sound. I seemed to be awake and I was aware of my surroundings but I couldn't move my limbs, just my eyes. I was a little scared, so I forced myself out of it.

I'm not sure if I want to get into this, but I certainly don't want get into stuff I can't deal with.

How dangerous can this be? Am I in any danger?

By the way, I am in my 20s, I don't do yoga or any of that stuff and this has happened without me actually wanting it to happen.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by NuclearHead]

Cug

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearHead
How dangerous can this be? Am I in any danger?

The main dangers are scaring yourself silly (literally), and giving some experience/being more credibility than it deserves. In the end both can lead to the same thing, insanity in one form or the other. This is not an likely outcome but it could and does happen.

Just imagine stepping into something that makes a H. R. Giger painting look like something from the Teletubbies. What would your reaction be?

But in any case I don't think there is much harm in a spontaneous out of body experience. The problem starts when you start exploring the astral.

Pretty soon you will see a contrary post.. so wait for it and then make up your mind.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
^Thanks a lot for your quick response.

I certainly don't plan on going too far with this. I just wanted to make sure this doesn't put me in some unknown danger.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
For the age matter currently being discussed. Seeing I started having uncontrolable experiences since a young age I can say that it can be done. However it is not so much to do with age, but with how strongwilled and "mature" the individual is.

There are temptations that people can fall for relatively easy if you don't watch out.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I see animals that can exteriorize. I have seen babies and children that can exteriorize(not ap). They just don't have words for it. They lose their ability as they grow into human society. Pity,it is.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I see animals that can exteriorize. I have seen babies and children that can exteriorize(not ap). They just don't have words for it. They lose their ability as they grow into human society. Pity,it is.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
mrsdvdara

i want to AP because i am crious about things like this they allways just grab my attenchin .the thing that brought this to my atenchin is that it is like a whole new world that only some people can get into. i wonder what it is like but i have to see it to really know when i have my mind set to something it is hard to get it off.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
cug i agree with what u are saying but i'm to curious. you are right if i really want to do something i will do it o and yes i will be careful

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
HELP NEEDED FROM EXPERIENCED A.P'ers.

I get the buzzing in my left ear most nights now, and last night i was on the verge of having an OOBE, but for some reason as soon as i felt myself leaving i snapped out of it..

I have had the buzzing in my left ear/sleep paralysis thing since i was 10 or so, although back then it scared the hell out of me because i thought i was having a nightmare with my primal fear of ball lightning. But looking back i realise it was the same thing im getting now.

I feel completely relaxed when it happens now because i know what it is, yet i can't seem to make the final leap. What does one think about the moment before you leave the body? Do you need a thought in your mind, or can you just let it happen?

Also, is it possible to pull friends out of their dreams and into an OOBE aswell, providing they say its ok?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
HELP NEEDED FROM EXPERIENCED A.P'ers.

I get the buzzing in my left ear most nights now, and last night i was on the verge of having an OOBE, but for some reason as soon as i felt myself leaving i snapped out of it..

I have had the buzzing in my left ear/sleep paralysis thing since i was 10 or so, although back then it scared the hell out of me because i thought i was having a nightmare with my primal fear of ball lightning. But looking back i realise it was the same thing im getting now.

I feel completely relaxed when it happens now because i know what it is, yet i can't seem to make the final leap. What does one think about the moment before you leave the body? Do you need a thought in your mind, or can you just let it happen?

Also, is it possible to pull friends out of their dreams and into an OOBE aswell, providing they say its ok?

Its easy for me to say this and once you've projected for the first few times you'll see exactly what I mean but basically when you hear the buzzing sounds and your aware that your paralysed.. you need to slowly sit up in bed.. just sit up a little to begin with to get the feel of it and then sit all the way up.. (mentally) this seems to be the most important part with me cos in the past I've sat up too fast and snapped out of being paralysed. Once sat up, focus on your vision and have a look around you, this is easier said than done and most of the time your vision will be all distorted in one way or another.. then id suggest using the roll out technique which usually involves twisting your upper half to the left or right, putting your arm/s out in front of you and gradually easing yourself out.

This is how I've always projected and you might find it useful.. then again you might find a better way to get out.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the info
I will post again tomorrow if i am sucessful tonight.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

mrsdvdara

i want to AP because i am crious about things like this they allways just grab my attenchin .the thing that brought this to my atenchin is that it is like a whole new world that only some people can get into. i wonder what it is like but i have to see it to really know when i have my mind set to something it is hard to get it off.

Ok, let me ask you this. When you were little, after you learned how to use your legs to walk. Did you ever get a swat on the butt for going into the street? Trip and fall, scrape your knees? Just like any other new, cool, thing you learn, it is not all fun, and there are rules that you will be taught. As long as you understand that, good luck. I will give you one piece of advice though. Trust what you feel, and be smart enough to follow your instincts rather than your curiousity.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i was woundering how do u u2u?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i am just typing random things so i can u2u ok

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
xzCdsfdhbfcvncklnvncknKVnckxNkvn

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>