It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Clinically dead huh. Sounds familiar

You can't debunk unless you at least can give decent enough foundation of your "opinion". In the end it is nothing more then an opinion unless there is proof. Then again as a Parapsychologist I came in contact with people in the scientific field who have little understanding and seem to be rather close to various possibilities.

Many scientists look at a situation from they field and try to explain it. When a convincing statement comes forth from it it doesn't mean it is a correct one. There are more roads that lead to rome. Similar to doing experiments of why things on shelves and tables move. Most of the time it hardly has anything to do with ghosts, but by the mental state of the test subject who influences the environment.

As for people who had Near Death Experiences and not reproduce that sensation in order to OBE. This is not because NDE is scary or left some unconcious bariere behind since it was "traumatizing". Quite the opposite. NDE has little to do with OBE in the sense of feelings and such that need to be induced. An NDE is only the end part of OBE's so in order to get those NDE experiences you first need to OBE, simplified version. Geez some people rather talk from books then actually knowing first hand what they're on about

Passing through solid objects only slowed me down during the first few times. There are two theories why this is. 1. You still have some left overs of the belief that you can't go through objects. 2. Your Astral Body is still subjegated to laws of physics. Meaning that the body only vibrates at a faster rate so that the molecules and cells in the body can be re-alligned easier in order to "slip" through objects. And because people aren't practiced in this they are rather slow in altering themselves in order to get through solid objects. In both cases, practice should solve the issue. Talking theory here, because I personally never had this issue since the day I started having OBE's over 14 years ago. And unless you got experience you can't really say anything definit.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
wow 14 years hu?

So far for me it has been a little over 2 1/2 years as per the starting date of this discussion thread
...............and I have learned so VERY much in this time.

When I am on MY 14th year I can only HOPE to be as well schooled in the ways of astral travel as you.....Thanks again for being here and sharing with us!

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
14 years is over the top. It is the time when I had my first unconcious, sporadic experiences. So if you really want to count...5-6 years of concious travel would be more accurate. And to be honest I haven't done anything for the past 4 months or so. Could call it boredom having struck or a lot of other things that are more interesting to delve into.

Scholary comes from many sources though. What worked for me was doing a lot of research in the sense of reading a lot, coming with new theories, trying them out. In the past, several pages back, I suggested some reading material which was very inspiring and helpfull.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
And to be honest I haven't done anything for the past 4 months or so. Could call it boredom having struck or a lot of other things that are more interesting to delve into.

ok I am going to quote Enyalius here, as the opener for me to share something with everybody I have been thinking about in relation to my OOBE adventures.
This is IMPORTANT to all the readers, so you should pay attention here.
Think on what I am about to say.....

I have come to realise, that the OOBE is truly our natural state. In so being, I am wondering just how 'helpfull' the quest of the OOBE truly is in this life...........

:hey
hear me out)

We will spend ~ALL~ of eternity in the state of 'spirit'.....and VERY LITTLE time in the human body........'souls' CRAVE the learning that come only from being fully INSIDE a human body, and this IS WHY we are here in the first place. The things we can learn from being in the physical are RARE gems of opportunity that ONLY come from being in the physical.
Some beings that have passed on are so addicted to this physical state the refuse to admit or even to realise they have passed on, and seem to haunt those of us who are living. Spirits are waiting in line to get the chance to be in a physical body....there are thing to learn in the physical that you can NO WAY glean from any other source.

So here we are....working toward the OOBE.....wanting SO MUCH to learn from the astral state, when in fact.....we SHOULD be focused on that wich we can learn in the physical human state. We will have ETERNITY to be in the Spirit form and learn in the astral.
I am actually beiginning to think that it is rather silly, that here we are......beings with a human body (a VERY desireable thing to have in the universe) and we are trying so hard to project our conciousness OUT of this body........maybe this is a very silly and wastefull persuit?

Now I am NOT saying I am going to give up my quest.......I will ALWAYS be seeking the next OOBE adventure for it is SO AMAZING!!!!!!!
I will continue to journel my adventures here on this thread and share what I learn.......................but in the spirit of SHARING what I am learning, I must share the idea with all of you, that MAYBE this is a waste of rare and wonderfull 'in body' human time.
We should WORK on being MORE physical.....taking deeper breaths of the sweet fresh air. Being MORE involved in what we are doing that gives us pleasure in the flesh...and much less consumed with what will happen once we are flesh no more. I think much LESS time and energy should be focused toward the goal of OOBE.
It WILL come to you if it is meant to be, but do NOT waste your limited and precious physical time seeking the non physical, when you will get all you want of that soon enough

This is something that has been on my mind the whole of the last month. I have wondered when I would break down and share this idea here with all the cool members and readers of ATS.

It is just an idea, that makes me go hmmmmmmmmmmm.......is'nt life grand?

I can't play my guitar if not in a body, nor can I each a fresh peach cobbler, or soak my feet in a mountain stream, and neither can you.......don't sweat it if you never have an oobe because there are way more spirits in the universe that never get to be a physical human being.
Stand up and stretch, and touch your toes.....isn't being INSIDE a body an amazing thing??

Cug

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
...maybe this is a very silly and wastefull persuit?

Like I said before... it is wastefull persuit if all your doing is going on a sightseeing trip.

I can't play my guitar if not in a body, nor can I each a fresh peach cobbler, or soak my feet in a mountain stream, and neither can you....

I can't? Well that's news to me, I'd better stop doing it then

If I were grading you, your post on the first would be what I consider your first real AP. (Congrats!)

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I have come to realise, that the OOBE is truly our natural state. In so being, I am wondering just how 'helpfull' the quest of the OOBE truly is in this life...........

That is one heck of a statement considering all OOBE takes place in your mind. Het hear me out.

I have tried and tried and I truely thought I had achieved and out of body only that my house wasnt really set up like my house. I mean it seemed so real but things were......off! I tried to go to my parents house and I couldnt go where I wanted and if and when I did go some where familiar again it wasnt a reflection of the "waking" world. Now If people truely can project I mean literally get out of there body'd then it should be a small matter to prove it. If I could really project and I was say a master luike Ive been reading from a few on this thread then what I simple matter for me to project to a sceptics house and give them a play by play of the layout or what the had for dinner. Problem is no one can or I should say they claim they can but they are so "enlightened" and or "evolved" far beyond a low brow like myself that they dont have to prove anything to me or any other sceptic. If people could astro travel then there would be no secrets no where and please dont tell me the Gov sets up phs energy feilds around sensitive sites. Look I want to be a believer so come on you masters of bothe time and space help me show me make me a believer. Sad thing is your going to reply that you dont have to show or prove anything just like all the other bs I hear concerning aliens, hollow earth and a whole plethera of strange going ons. If you cant go and see a family member or describe a stranger or their home to them then your above statement is hollow and wishfull thinking. Sorry to sound harsh but some of the upitty replies to the sceptics really makes me question...peace out and happy DREAMING.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Sounds like you had Lucid Dreams instead of OBE experiences. When you AP there shouldn't be an "off" feeling.

TRG you're right when saying that people should spend some more time in the physical. But you can also play guitar and such when you project. You can't play on the physical guitar, but you can visualise a guitar and play that and also hear the sound that comes from it.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Interesting!

btw.. I know that no experiment is needed but what experiment would you say is the best to carry out for verification of actualy being out of body and close to the physical? ive been sticking with car numberplates.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
you can visualise a guitar and play that and also hear the sound that comes from it.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Enyalius]

Well then...................I was speaking about something I guess I don't really know about yet......Hey
I am TRYING to learn.....I have never attempted to manifest anything in the OB state yet, I am just getting the hang of being able to see...
My manifestations have all been the 3D kind............I have never even considered it in the OOBE state.
I feel way stupid stateing what others can and can't do based on what I have been able to do or not do, and I SHOULD know better than that. I beg forgiveness for my thoughtless written BLURTING.

Anyway, the above rantings of HooHaw(thread troll
) calling this a DREAM is pretty silly on HooHaw's part........making the claims of 'hollow earth' is weird........ummmmmmmmmm NOT ONE person on this entire thread has made the claim they have seen a 'hollow earth' via OOBE...so what he has written above has nothing much to do with the validity this thread. Sounds like they are venting about things they may have read somewhere else, and not right here.......

I will explain why I 'personally' have NO interest in prooving anything to you, HooHaw.....
It is not easy to get myself, and KEEP myself in the OOBE state, and there are so many interesting things to do once I get there.....the LEAST interesting thing I can possibly think of would be going to your house and telling you what your furniture looks like, or hang out waiting to SEE what you had for dinner

How would prooving this TO YOU benefit my spiritual quest? What exactly am I going to learn from YOU that is SO profound to my personal growth, that this challange you have given me is worth my time?? Is gaining YOUR belief somehow going to grately improve the quality of this thread?.....ummm NO

When you die you will have all the proof you want and then some, so why should I waste my time on it?.........

This is really an across the board answer to any person saying I must PROOVE this to them.......there is PLENTY of proof about the reality of projection, just read up on it.....and not some fantasy cartoon book about a hollow earth.
Yes.....I get a tad testy when some troll unequivicly states this is some big dream on the part of the experiancers.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa

That is one heck of a statement considering all OOBE takes place in your mind. Het hear me out.

I have tried and tried and I truely thought I had achieved and out of body only that my house wasnt really set up like my house. I mean it seemed so real but things were......off! I tried to go to my parents house and I couldnt go where I wanted and if and when I did go some where familiar again it wasnt a reflection of the "waking" world. Now If people truely can project I mean literally get out of there body'd then it should be a small matter to prove it. If I could really project and I was say a master luike Ive been reading from a few on this thread then what I simple matter for me to project to a sceptics house and give them a play by play of the layout or what the had for dinner. Problem is no one can or I should say they claim they can but they are so "enlightened" and or "evolved" far beyond a low brow like myself that they dont have to prove anything to me or any other sceptic. If people could astro travel then there would be no secrets no where and please dont tell me the Gov sets up phs energy feilds around sensitive sites. Look I want to be a believer so come on you masters of bothe time and space help me show me make me a believer. Sad thing is your going to reply that you dont have to show or prove anything just like all the other bs I hear concerning aliens, hollow earth and a whole plethera of strange going ons. If you cant go and see a family member or describe a stranger or their home to them then your above statement is hollow and wishfull thinking. Sorry to sound harsh but some of the upitty replies to the sceptics really makes me question...peace out and happy DREAMING.

I find it facinating that those who can't OBE always want proof as if I was born to prove out OBE to the world. I wasn't born for that. Everyone OBEs at times of turmoil they just don't realize it. Let's say you had a car accident. If you go back and view that incident frame by frame, you will see a few frames where you could not have seen things with your eyes and it was because you were peeking out of your form. Alot of people leave there sleeping bodies behind, but the mind does not record it. There are many sites with exercises for exteriorization. Google: exteriorization.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Actually not in turmoil. You obe nearly every night. The problem is most of you dont remember.
obe is like dying in fact so much so that thats where alot of the fear arises from. some people cannot just LET GO when the time is right. When your heart rate slows soo much and your in paralysis. its very frightening the first time and for quite a while actually.
In all truth if you really want to obe. First practice with lucid dreaming. They are literally one and the same. Yes some will argue that but its true. The only differance is im waking up in a dream and out of body when lucid dreaming. And you waste much energy when you practice a concious obe. energy that could be used to spend more time lucid. After you become lucid MANY times than obe comes easier. You cannot run before you walk.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa

Hey Hoo haa, you might want to read this, you really could have had an obe,
More importantly scroll down to were you see the alice in wonderland effect,
Infact the whole lot is an interesting read but I just want to point this out to you!!!

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thank you very much chris01621 I appreciate your patients.. I'll give it a read..

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enochian
obe is like dying in fact so much so that thats where alot of the fear arises from. some people cannot just LET GO when the time is right. When your heart rate slows soo much and your in paralysis. its very frightening the first time and for quite a while actually.
In all truth if you really want to obe. First practice with lucid dreaming. They are literally one and the same. Yes some will argue that but its true. The only differance is im waking up in a dream and out of body when lucid dreaming. And you waste much energy when you practice a concious obe. energy that could be used to spend more time lucid. After you become lucid MANY times than obe comes easier. You cannot run before you walk.

Not everyone comes to the point of OBE in the same way.

My own experience was I followed the way of Scientology. Did not go to The Church. Read the books "Dianetics 55" and "Scientology: The fundamentals of Thought" . Used the exercises to get to the point of exteriorizing in broad daylight while walking thru a parking lot. I do not take an astral body with me when I exteriorize. I just "POP" out of my form. I can do it anytime, anywhere. The exercises in those books have helped me in many more ways than one(OBE). They help you to get control of your life and abilities, all-around. They have given me an ability to see others as they really are, and an understanding of the human condition that is not available anywhere else.

Don't take my word for it. See for yourself. You will be amazed at how this new knowledge will change the way you see existence.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

:hey
hear me out)

We will spend ~ALL~ of eternity in the state of 'spirit'.....and VERY LITTLE time in the human body........'souls' CRAVE the learning that come only from being fully INSIDE a human body, and this IS WHY we are here in the first place.

A good thought RiverGoddess.

Just want to add one point. The seek after personel spiritual experiences (be it oobe or other ways) is also something valueable you can do in life as long as it does not end in an obsession or in losse of the physical grip.
A main benefit someone usually has when starting to experience the spiritual is a distinctive change in values. The material values, useually the strongest desire of only pysical centered person, losse values. The imaterial values (seeing the world and people with like exchanged eyes) gain.
Not only the person going this path win something. All his sourroundings wins value. If more would walk that path, the whole world change and becomes striking better.
There might come a time once when people start to be more centered in the spiritual than physical and therefore loss the efficience of the learning process in the physical life. But I believe we are still far away of that point in time if it ever happens.
I think to find the right balance between the spiritual world and the physical is part of the 'game' of life and everyone will walk through it somewhen.

g210

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum ever.
I usually don't like posting on forums, but something happened last night, and I feel that I should make a post and share.

I've been following material like this for awhile now, and have tried to have an OBE for almost a year now, without success. I was starting to lose faith that OBE's really exist.

Normally I just fall asleep while attempting to focus, but last night was a little different. Well before I went to sleep, I tried listening to one of those bineural beat programs that's suppose to help OBE. I focused in the sounds, and after awhile my body started to feel numb. I thought I was just getting too tired, so I went to sleep in my room.

The weird thing was, my body felt numb, like it wasn't there anymore. After awhile, i suddenly feel really warm and weird, it's not like anything I've experienced before, but it felt sort of like an electrical current continuously going through me. All of this happened while I was still fully conscious, I was 100% sure I was not dreaming. Then I got really excited, cause I know something weird is going on. I tried to stay focused, and kept telling myself "snap out of the body, snap out of the body" and suddenly, I felt like I was floating upwards!! I totally freaked out, got really scared, and couldn't concentrate anymore..!!! then I just snapped, and woke up.

I tried a few times right after that, but I was already too excited at the thought that I almost suceeded... and couldn't focus for the rest of the night. Did I almost get to the state of OBE?? Or was something else weird going on?

Also, for the more experienced folks... when you guys almost get to an OBE, can you:
1.) still hear normal background sounds, like cars outside... etc?
2.) still feel your breathing, or rather, do you control your breathing? Or does your body just naturally breath on its own?
3.) feel your heart pumping?

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hi ThirstForKnowledge,

Sounds like you where almost there, dont let the fear stop you next time.

To answer your questions...

1. Sounds are exactly the same.

2. As I project, my breathing is kind of there in the background but isnt controlled by me consciously. The further away I get from my body, the quieter it becomes.. usually 2-3 metres away and then I can no longer hear anything.

3. Sometimes I can hear my heart pumping, sometimes not.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hmm... I see, thank you for your reply.

I find that a lot of times, body functions such as breathing/heart beat tend to distract me from concentrating on OBE. Also, when I almost got out, I sort of felt my breathing got faster, but that was probably from me freaking out/too excited.

I think I still need to work on calming down and remaining focused, no matter what I feel or hear.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
it is a sub set to the time volume of the quad pulse (positive/negative energy react x heat/cold energy react) there problem solved. think about self.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Hi, im new to tihs forum and am very keen to learn about out of body experiences and all of the other topics bein discussed.

my first question though is how can i atain the state needed for an out of body experience, in short how do i do it?

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join