It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I remember first joining up (old forum name) and reading this thread. It got me into OOBEs. Through the course of trying to obtain this state, I had reached it 3 times. Once, while attempting, and twice before falling to sleep. I cannot prove, or even agree that this experience was truly my soul disconnecting from my body, but the experiences was nonetheless exhilirating. I would not know how to explain or prove it, but it doesn't matter. Whatever the explanation to this "phenomenon", it doesn't change the feeling.

Anyway, to actually contribute to this topic, I will say this. While I cannot claim that my experiences will help anyone (it may differ from each person), but certain situations helped me achieve a certain state of relaxation. I would need to be lying down, my head elevated by a pillow or two. I would need a clear mind, and my extremities hindered this a lot of the time. I would suggest to make them very comfortable, as they can sometimes become prevalent while trying to relax. Other then that, I would just relax until I reached a certain level of relaxation and attempt exits.

My "exits" were very short, the longest I had was a mere 30 seconds. They mostly consisted of uncontrollable movements. I would either fall to the floor, or rise to the roof. As soon as I would come to a wall or any obstruction, I would realize I was in my body again. It is quite a nice feeling, but I haven't been able to achieve it for quite some time (I hardly try anymore). If anything, don't go in expecting great results, and if all you get is a nice experience, be happy for it.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I hope im not going off topic , im a new member, im in my mid twenties.
Unfortunately I havent read this topic from the start but I would like to say that as regards oobes and anything of the sort I was as sceptical as you could possibly be, added to this my mind does not know the meaning of the word relaxed, im the type of person who gets distracted by silence!
For those of you who are sceptical I would just like to offer my experience for what its worth,
I had never contemplated or even had any previous knowledge of oobes or astral projection.
I have also suffered from insomnia since my teen years.
One night when i was about 17/18 i was at home in my bed. It was in the early hours.
I just remember waking up and having the eeeriest feeling I've ever had in my life, I knew I wasnt dreaming yet I couldnt be sure I was awake. It was dark but then I recall opening my eyes. When I opened my eyes I found myself standing in my old junior school which I left when I was 12. this school is literally a stones throw from where I live. I remember looking around quickly, I was standing in the classroom which was completely empty as it was the middle of the night and seeing everything in a way I had never used my eyes before. This all lasted about thirty seconds I think, I noticed my neighbours house , everything and I mean everything was completely real, I knew I was NOT dreaming, it was just too real, the shock of being where I was and not knowing what was going on shocked me back into my body.
Before you ask, NO i dont sleepwalk!
Im sure you might say this was a lucid dream, I hav never had a lucid dream before , I have never ever had that physical and mental exoerience, it was truly shocking yet exhiarating. When (I believe) I returned to my body I soon woke and began recalling what had happend to me.
It was an amazing experience and one I will never forget,what made me travel to my old school I'll never know, all I know is I never had a feeling like it before.
This led me to researching oobes, there is a LOT of crap on the www about them but then there are also some really good and informative sites. Ive never had the patience or willingness to carry out some of the methods ive read about to induce oobes, its a long time since my experience and I would dearly love for it to happen again, lately I tried some exercies to get 'out of body' but had no results.
I really do believe in it.
I know that for every person who says it is real another will say its not butI can only draw from my own personal experience.
Just wish there was an easy way to 'get out of body'.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I don't know what to make of your experience (even mine), but it sounds interesting. Also, there is an easy way to get out of body, its just a bit more permanent than people wish.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PWorm
I don't know what to make of your experience (even mine), but it sounds interesting. Also, there is an easy way to get out of body, its just a bit more permanent than people wish.

Hi pworm,
id be interested to know what you mean by the above?

thanks in advance

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Interesting experiences guys

Ive not had any OBEs for a few months now but im still having loads of really deep lucid dreams. Ive got one hell of a hangover today though so I can see me having one or two OBEs tonight

I know what your saying about most saying its just a dream I sometimes get frustrated when my mates laugh at me when I mention my OBE's. I just wish they could experience one as im sure it would change there life like it has mine. Id say that 99% of me believes that death isnt the end. I do wonder though whether your soul/consciousness actually leaves your body when you sleep or not. Ive read that it does and when I have an OBE and feel myself sitting up astrally and leaving my body it certainly seems like you do leave the physical but theres just that little part of me thats not so sure.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
pmexplorer, I was refering to death.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
I truly wonder if some are speaking from self experience or just copy what they read.

OBE's are not unstable and yes they can last for hours. It is the individual that is unstable and can not maintain that state. Most people are psychological unstable to maintain OBE's for a long period of time. This is because everyone claims to know oneself while they still hold up so many masks to trick them and others. Get rid of these barrieres, truly except yourself (including your negative aspects) and then you'll be stable and "enlightent".

As I said it is possible to stay out for hours, days at end. From personal experience I suggest you don't do this for to long periods at a time though. This because you'll slowly grow disconnected from the Earthly life, which is not healthy for the body and your social aspects.

Also the amount of refreshing you will feel after coming back depends on what you have been doing. If you were very actively involved with many tasks your body will feel refreshed but your mind will be tired, and your mind will have its effects on your behaviour towards others and how the body reacts. If you were mildly/casually involved with matters while OBE'ing then you'll feel just as relaxed as you would after a good nights sleep.

Not unstable? Not self experience? LOL My OOBEs have been the most profound experiences of my life...years of experience.....

though the last 5 years or so have been the most profound...QUITE unstable, my astral experiences have been,,, the moment i think of the physical, my astral moment is whisked away

You may be one of the lucky ones, but most of our experiences are quite slight. Dont make light of our moments, because they are MOMENTS between wakefulness and sleep...Dont make us feel like jerks 'cause you could have hours of astral enlightenment-- We strive for these seconds and we are greatful.... We ache for these moments, we WORK for it....

I dont think this forum is for you, You are wayyy beyond us

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Last night I had an OBE as expected and ive been going over it in my head all day today at work wondering if theres any meaning to it or if it was just a different kind of dream.

Usualy when I have OBEs I go through the seperation and then find myself floating about iether in my house or street but last night this is what happened.

I woke up but mind only and was paralized neck down so straight away I gently willed myself out and instead of popping out in my bedroom, I suddenly found myself in a building on a balcony looking down onto a street with people walking past in groups talking. Straight away I felt like this was something more than a dream. I could feel the wind, I could breathe and what stood out the most was how real everything was. My lucid dreams are extremely close to being 'awake' but this was exactly like it is when awake and this is when I wondered if the people im looking at are not my imagination but maybe people on a different plane? and I dont mean your average dream character..

Now this is the strangest part which really stands out in my head still now. I flew over to this women whilst completely lucid and said to her 'excuse me I sometimes have obe's' she said 'yes I know stephs told me' (dont know who steph is...) then for some reason I said 'is this the afterlife?' and with that she put her hands upto her face and started crying and told me to go away so I tried to oppologise and this other women came upto me and said 'go away leave her alone' and started pushing me away and then I woke up.

Theres so many questions going through my head now and of course it could just be a dream but like all OBEs they have such a different feel to them, especially this one. What I also noticed was patches of fog/mist in the air and ive noticed this in other OBEs that ive had in the past.

All in all a good experience but as usual... more questions than answers.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
You may be one of the lucky ones, but most of our experiences are quite slight. Dont make light of our moments, because they are MOMENTS between wakefulness and sleep...Dont make us feel like jerks 'cause you could have hours of astral enlightenment-- We strive for these seconds and we are greatful.... We ache for these moments, we WORK for it....

I dont think this forum is for you, You are wayyy beyond us

*Volatile now understands why 'some' people only get out for a few seconds*

I've not been online as much as I used to be. Mainly because of Dragon's speech about how he spent about 4 years meditating. Made me realize I need to start doing some stuff before its too late. Thanks for your interesting post and you have my respect.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Not unstable? Not self experience? LOL My OOBEs have been the most profound experiences of my life...years of experience.....

No OBE's are not unstable. That is like saying that a car you're driving is unstable when you crash into a tree while in fact it was your own inexperience or other external influences that caused you to crash into the tree.

Same goes for OBE's. They themselves, the process, are not unstable. The individual trying to have them is. And I'm not referring to psychological insanity, but psychological instability. I can't keep repeating myself enough apparently, but people don't know themselves. Those who think they know are even further away due to all the masks they are hiding behind from theirselves. The more psychological and emotional barrieres you overthrow the easier and more efficient anything energy/magical related will work.

This has nothing to do with being natural at it or not. People just don't seem to see it and just keep trying stuff out like monkeys learning new shallow tricks (same for many lightworkers and reiki practitioners. nothing but monkeys) instead of learning the deeper processes and meaning of it all. Leaving it all upto "chance" when it becomes more efficient when you actually understand how to do it yourself when need be.

If you keep on the shallow level then yes you will be busy practicing for years untill you finally figured it out yourself. But there are enough Indian/yogic texts with hints. The books written by people like Monroe en Brucer give nice new-age like views upon the matter with their own interpretations. Methods which make it a lot more complex then it should be compared to the traditional yogic texts. Same reason why meditation how most western people practice it doesn't work, because meditation isn't ment to quiet the mind. That what meditation truly is ment for will be beneficial to the case however. Then again when you understand what it is ment for you can also find other methods that are more suited to you.

@Volatile
You could spend time on anything every spare minute. However that of meditation is to induce a certain growth. This does take time, but 4 years?!?! That would mean the indiviual had a hell of a lot of barrieres to get rid of. The rest of finding wisdom and knowledge and contemplating can be done each day. I personally start the minute I open my eyes till I close them at night. And no I'm not a hippy who sits under a tree all day. I do work and have other social obligations.

At work I read a lot of e-books and articles and experiences of people. Contemplate about a lot of topics. Meditation I do once a week and every few months 10days in a Budhistic monastary.

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

@Volatile
You could spend time on anything every spare minute. However that of meditation is to induce a certain growth. This does take time, but 4 years?!?! That would mean the indiviual had a hell of a lot of barrieres to get rid of. The rest of finding wisdom and knowledge and contemplating can be done each day. I personally start the minute I open my eyes till I close them at night. And no I'm not a hippy who sits under a tree all day. I do work and have other social obligations.

At work I read a lot of e-books and articles and experiences of people. Contemplate about a lot of topics. Meditation I do once a week and every few months 10days in a Budhistic monastary.

I envy you for your dedication, my friend.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Since no one seem to reply to my message I typed previousily, so I am quoting my written statements here.

Originally posted by Chaoic_Black_Dragon
I wish to greet you theRiverGoddess, and it is my first time ever to post a post in this ATS, whie I have been here for a very long time. Oh my shame, I should have logged in and post often, because I would have been able to U2U someone, but unfortunately I am not able to sent U2U to theRivergoddess... *sigh*

However, back to my subject, I wish to introduce myself...After reading your very vivid, wonderful experiences in your OOBE/Astral projecting, you are my inspiritations because I have often failed to OOBE as my first steps toward Astral projecting world since spring seasons.

And about my OOBE training, I have been practcing meditation of my own for almost 4 years, and it have been so vivid, and intruding experineces for me that I enjoyed so much. And thank to meditations, I have been finding so much of truth about me, who I once was, what am I? Well you see, i was raisen as catholic person by family's traditation throgh my childhood until age of 21 when I dropped out from these religoius and quit being christian. Besides these religious of 'catholic' and being christian is reasons why I was being not able to find more about true myself, and these is what 'sealed' me from doing so. (It's a very long story)

Anwyay, you see, at age of 21, that is when I decided to focus on finding true myself, and I even remembered when I first once OOBE at age of between 3 to 4. I can remember one thing I clearly saw and I still could remember it like yesturday. (Please bear with my lack of english grammer skills, I am not always so great with my engilsh grammar skills).

When I, for first time, became aware of my own life at very young age, and I can remember feeling so light, i was hovering above my body while my body was sleeping on right seat in car, along with my mother, my sister, and a brother. I was hovering, hearing very deep, echoing voices... For a while I was hovering, looking all around me, feeling so light, suddenly I got pulled back into my body.

But I will tell you more of story when i have a time, and I want to thank you very much for sharing so much of your experience with us, the one whom yet have to successfully OOBE for first time. LIke i said, you inpsirited me and I am even more focued to OOBE for first time successfullly since my childhood age.

Before I close this post, it is very honor and pleasure to get to greet all of ATS members, especially therivergoddess.

your new ATS friend,

Chaoic_Black_Dragon

And I also have realized that TheRiverGoddess have not been posting in this thread for long time, I wonder what have happened to her. I hope that she is doing alright.

Dragon out...

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ive read through this thread and find it very interesting.... I have to believe it all takes place in your mind... I find it impossible to leave your body... If you could you would be the ultimate spy... nothing could be hidden from you... For those of you who say you can get out of body, I'll give you my address and whatever else you may need and leave you a note beside my bed.... Tell me what it says and ill be a believer.... Im not here to slam you guys, I want to believe... I think there is something going on but I beleive it takes place in your mind... The thread says "conscience oobe's are real" ok if its real then it should be a small matter to astro over to flint mich and read my note...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
oh hey...I am good tyvm

I read this thread all the dang time, but do not post unless I actually have something to add...........either a new experiance to report, or a question someone has specifiied toward me. When the questions are directed to the GENERAL OOBE comunity I try and let others 'more in the know' take the questions and answer as they will (I am a seeker of knowledge here remember
not a Master or anything )......I am enjoying the summertime here, and try to live in the 3d world moreso than online when the weather is so nice......

[edit on 12-7-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   

No OBE's are not unstable. That is like saying that a car you're driving is unstable when you crash into a tree while in fact it was your own inexperience or other external influences that caused you to crash into the tree.

Same goes for OBE's. They themselves, the process, are not unstable. The individual trying to have them is. And I'm not referring to psychological insanity, but psychological instability. I can't keep repeating myself enough apparently, but people don't know themselves. Those who think they know are even further away due to all the masks they are hiding behind from theirselves. The more psychological and emotional barrieres you overthrow the easier and more efficient anything energy/magical related will work.

This has nothing to do with being natural at it or not. People just don't seem to see it and just keep trying stuff out like monkeys learning new shallow tricks (same for many lightworkers and reiki practitioners. nothing but monkeys) instead of learning the deeper processes and meaning of it all. Leaving it all upto "chance" when it becomes more efficient when you actually understand how to do it yourself when need be.

If you keep on the shallow level then yes you will be busy practicing for years untill you finally figured it out yourself. But there are enough Indian/yogic texts with hints. The books written by people like Monroe en Brucer give nice new-age like views upon the matter with their own interpretations. Methods which make it a lot more complex then it should be compared to the traditional yogic texts. Same reason why meditation how most western people practice it doesn't work, because meditation isn't ment to quiet the mind. That what meditation truly is ment for will be beneficial to the case however. Then again when you understand what it is ment for you can also find other methods that are more suited to you.

@Volatile

Ok lets go back...Most of the people here will agree with me (but might be afraid to say now) we are weak in this area ...We can find the place, but cant maintain it very long....Help us. You just made everyone feel stupid and "shallow" cause we found the "spot" but didnt know what to do with it. You make it sound easy! It is for YOU but not for us...If you are a master,then dont talk down, give us some pointers. Teachers are born, not MADE..this is a gift , you have Realize it!

I had a great astral experience about 50 hours ago...but I WORKED to stay there, and keep the experience for moments ...I
Do agree with you, that it is weakness, that makes the experience fleeting...If you are as knowlegable is this area as you seem, then you could shed some light on us fools, trying so hard.
So say something

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm not a master and gave up trying to tutor people a while ago. As for answers...I already provided enough information and hints in previous posts about what people need to do and learn and grow before being able to maintain it longer periods of time and go deeper into the matter.

Do I make people feel like less? No. I do however point out the general mishabs and if someone sees themselves in those then it is themselves who feel less about themselves. Which is one major psyche blokkage right there that needs to be gotten rid of.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'd just like to know where Enyalius "looked down at you".

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I dont mean to be off subject here but ive been out of work and now im working again and im looking to get a book on obe's and lucid dreams can anyone recommend one or two please

Im not really interested in one with tips and tecniques but more experiences and observations etc...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clarky
I dont mean to be off subject here but ive been out of work and now im working again and im looking to get a book on obe's and lucid dreams can anyone recommend one or two please

Im not really interested in one with tips and tecniques but more experiences and observations etc...

The book "Lessons from the Light" by Dr. Ken Ring Ph.D. I just began reading it. It has examples of OBE's and many NDE's.

-- Boat

[edit on 12-7-2006 by Boatphone]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I suggest you read more. All is answered in this thread.

If you can't be bothered reading it all then start at page 20 and read from there.

Let me add some books that might be able to help:

Title/author
Psychic Self-Defense, Dione Fortune
Astral projection, Magic and alchemy, Francis King
The middle pillar, Isreal Regardie
Magickal states of consciousness, Denning
Mental and astral projection, Moser
New Dimensions red book, Wilby
Practicle techniques of astral projection, Baker
The art and practice of astral projection, Ophiel
Psychology and Alchemy, Jung
Mastering Astral Projection:90 day course to OOBE, Bruce and Mercer
Akashic Records: Collective Keepers of Divine Expression, Lumari
The Universe and Multiple Reality: A Physical Explanation for Manifesting, Magick and Miracles, M. R. Franks

[edit on 10-3-2006 by Enyalius]

That's a list of books that I'd suggest and did suggest.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by Enyalius]

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join