It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I remember my dad claiming he could do astral projection but I never believed him. Also, I remember him telling me not to be loud when he was doing it or otherwise he wouldn't be able to return to his body..
I've never really talked to him about it.

Btw, is performing astral projection risky seeing as how you leave your body "empty" in a sense. Plus, wouldn't there be other entities floating around, evil ones perhaps?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Apparently its not possible for your body to be taken over but ive got my doubts. Ive often wondered whether this is the moment people get posessed.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't believe you can become possessed, its a state of mind to me.

If you fear, and you achieve... It can happen. For fear is another state of belief crafted of the negative.

If you do not fear, it cannot happen to you. If you believe in good, then you will only find peace arround you, as belief is of positive.

EDIT: Your father has nothing to fear. His soul is bound to his mind, as one is consciously awake when astral projecting.

One thing I know of that can be dangerous, even deadly is bilocating. It is a shamanistic art of magick, that makes you split your awareness, thereby 'teleporting' yourself to another place. If your mind is not clear, you might end up inside a wall.

[edit on 7-5-2006 by Volatile]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
loud noises will bring you back...FAST.........they bring your attention to the physical....and hence you loose contact with the other planes of exsistance......

TV sets...music... ringing phones...ALL BAD to the practice of OOBE......

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Actually noises shouldn't effect once you obtained a strong will. In that regard calling noises bad for the experiences is something I disagree with. Being distracted from your focus actually tells me more about the person that about the noises.

But I do agree that the noises do get in the way in the early stages just like distractions in any other field of life and study which you just started to explore.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I had a pretty cool experience this morning - I had to wake up early to do something and then went back to bed after being fully awake.

I was able to create an extremly vivid lucid dream three times in a row. I felt my conciousness trying to roll to one side and each time I appeared by the side of my bed. I looked at my hands and could clearly make out the lines on my palms, although I checked some things and it was obviously a dream and not a reflection of reality (there were some things missing). At one point I even created a big red button on the floor and I was like "when I push this button I will AP" hehe, thought it was quite ingeneous at the time but it didn't work.

Fourth time I tried to go up instead of sideways out of my body and heard a sudden high pitched sound which snapped me back to awake.

Anyway, most of that was probably useless to other people, but the one bit of advice I could pass on is that there's definitely some benefit to waking up to a state of full awareness then going back to sleep whilst still tired.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nova
At one point I even created a big red button on the floor and I was like "when I push this button I will AP" hehe, thought it was quite ingeneous at the time but it didn't work.

But a good idea
creative.

Originally posted by Nova
.. is that there's definitely some benefit to waking up to a state of full awareness then going back to sleep whilst still tired.

That is usefull! I think you could be very right with this.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I do it every morning, but no effect on me :/

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Robert Monroe and Robert Bruce both state the technique of sleeping 4 hours, waking up, and trying to lay down and try to AP. One of many techniques which seem to work.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hey everyone I have just about read up to about page 20, of this topic but I have so much to share I figured I would read the last two pages and read the ones in between that I skipped later.

A while back the whole John Titor craze brought me to this website, I never posted but read up etc…. just recently I have started coming back here and now joined…

As a child my mother taught me and my brother how to meditate to help us sleep. She has always been a what I seem to believe as a quietly spiritual person. Over my life she has shared many things with me she was a nurse who had a minor in psychology. She has a very close connection with death, she worked with many terminally ill patients and said whenever it was close to someone’s “time” she would open the windows in the room and usually within the hour the patient would be deceased. She always told me that when someone dies, something changes and their body turns into this hollow shell.

I was never baptized, due to multiple reasons, my life I have never been to church. But always considered myself of catholic origin, but may I mention with no religious background, I believed in Jesus, god and heaven. that’s it. I have always considered that as a stand in religion and knew when the time came I would devote myself to my belief (once discovered) etc.

One day while sleeping at my friends house with 5 buddies or so I was the last to fall asleep at around 2 A.M. I was very tired and fell asleep quickly only to wake up paralyzed staring at my other friends. I tried to scream I wanted out I didn’t know what was happening , I could hear myself screaming but I knew I wasn’t talking. Flash its dark again and I wake up. All my friends are in somewhat different positions, but my view point is the same. I didn’t know what happened, I thought of it as something odd and didn’t tell anyone. This happened two more times the next I was just as scared but home, and the third and last I was at peace but it lasted what seemed like only seconds.

Soon I decided to bring these up to my mom, who may I mention dreams every night and has my whole life, her dreams are mostly morbid dreams in which me and my brothers end up dead, and involve her dieing or something involving snakes ( a huge fear of hers). She told me that everyone experiences this like her but dosent know exactly why. She asked if I could see someone when this happened, like a killer or something coming to hurt you but you were moved. But I said no. Mostly scared and confused just by the feeling.

She then decided to tell me how when she was in her 20’s she became very involved in meditating, due to some college classes etc. she told me that she would meditate into different levels, the first level was the one she had taught me as a kid. She always said she would end when her mind was at peace and she could visualize herself walking on an escalator, and she would her two dings in a row about every 5 minutes then she would go to bed. The entire point of meditating was to put her to sleep. Well one night when my grandparents weren’t home and the house was very peaceful she decided to meditate as deep as she could out of curiosity. When she got to a certain point she claims all of a sudden she was sucked out the side of her body and was face to face with her physical self. She said she got scared because she thought she had died and ffffffft she was back in. But she was paralyzed and there was a dark man standing beside her bed with was she believed to be an ax all he did was stare, soon she was asleep. She has never attempted to even meditate close to that deep again and extremely fears that it would happen again.

This interested me and this is what led me back onto this site. I have found many erre connections with experiences mentioned here and things I can faintly remember as a child when I would vividly dream a lot, almost every night.

looks like im outa space ill post the rest in a double postigues

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well recently I have been trying to OOBE for about 3 weeks now. A few things have happened. During a few attempts I quickly became numb using the technique taught to me by my mom, but my thought would drift off on a dime and I would start saying things in my head that made no sense and that I cant remember when I get out of this meditation like state. In one attempt I sensed a teenage boy in a red shirt around me. It seemed to be myself but more like someone else, I pictured my astral arms pulling me out of my body, but I could feel some strain, I called for the help of my higher self, and I felt a hand try and grab my hand very gentley, but I twitched and started to get out of the state of mind I was in soon the red shirt kid was back and Somehow I knew because of this sense that I would be disturbed shortly in about 5 seconds I was awakened by a knock on the door. Dinner was ready.

I was at first only comfortable trying to do this during daytime and when night came I would be fearful, and I could tell that I wasn’t ready and that I needed more spiritual connection, understanding etc. I would also feel a strong presence urging me to make this decision

Last Sunday dosing off watching TV I got this very positive presence I knew for some reason, that it was a teacher of mine whom I know on a more personal level. I couldn’t see him but within seconds I felt my calves start to stretch out like my legs were being slowly pulled out and eased back in. I went with it and it got stronger and stronger, but then that presence was back that told me listen your not ready, lets not hurt yourself like ur mom did and soon the presence eased away. The next morning in class my teacher walked into class, and said “ I cant believe you got to class before me Wolfe, ( last name). and then made some very errie comments that related to what I had been doing the night before. we both knew what happened but I chose not to speak to him about it. Its very very very very hard to talk about this in open it seems. No one quite gets it. But three times since I have gotten that same feeling and told it that I am not ready.

I know this is going on forever but I have a lot on my chest sorry.

Now last Wednesday at work, I work with a co-worker but after three years of working together we are very good trusting friends, who hang out outside of work etc. A man came into the store we work in and gave us some “Christian” pamphlets and left. This led us to start talking about beliefs. Before I mentioned anything about my whole belief that OOBE are in connection with death etc afterlife etc etc etc. He started telling me about how his mother had always yelled at him for being an atheist, but he simply said that he knew that we weren’t just organic life forms that live and die, end of story but he didenr really take what any modern religion had to offer. He went on to say that that all changed when one night in a dream, he was brought to a “grey” world where many friends of his, alive and dead showed him around, in this world he was showed when you die you get to watch everyone, its not that bad but its not that great, and everyone seems content. He said it seemed so real, and since then he has changed a bit, and it made him re-evaluate his life a bit. This shocked me I told him briefly how amazing his what when compared to some of my beliefs which I didn’t really go into, just because it seemed he wouldn’t buy it. He went on to say that his friend who is very very very good in math, has these experiences where he wakes up paralyzed and doesn’t see much but thinks he is being abducted, the next morning he will wake up and know things, like very very complex math equations that he had not know before.

I am going to end it here, I have much much much more to say. peace

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
@Wofle

What way of meditation did your mother teach you and your brother to do?

I have always meditated at night time, as I felt more comfortable then (don't ask why). Though there has been points (if you've read my first posts) where I would sense some sort of negativity or something standing around me or in front of me. I learned to trust this negativity, and one night I asked it to help me go into a deeper state of mind, disspite my fear of it... As i've heard it breathing into my ear at night when I slept. That made me believe that it was a desented ghost of a sort... Speaking of which, i've resently seen white fog moving around my room when I am reading a book or doing something that requires some time to do. Once I simply sat observing ATS and the white fog flew through me and infront of my view in a split second... It felt weird and cold, but no matter, as I trust it :/

I also had dreams (as I stated on this thread) in which I faced some of my worst fears. It is after these dreams that the negativity became white fog.

Sometimes I find myself sitting down and whispering out into my room for the white fog to show itself. But no real success, as I believe sometimes it just comes and goes...

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
don't we supposedky keave our bodies while we are asleep. Thats supposed to be why dreams feel asreal as being awake. But I find that hard to believe.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Today, my books from amazon arrived. A book about Reiki and Shamanism. In truth, I started out wanting the shaman book only, as I have found shamanism to really impressive, although in modern heretics it has blended in with pagan witchcraft. But I want to develop myself on most possible ways in spirituality, so I bought the book on mastering Reiki as well.

Tonight I had read a few pages of the shaman book and it lived up to my expectations. It defined a few ways of reaching a meditative state or trance. There was one point called 'Intoxication', and it reminded me of tobacco. I have a few cigarettes stored away under my bed, so after reading some of this book, I decided to try and induce a state through tobacco, as tobacco has always had a very strong impact on me. From times when I would take a cigarette, I would blur out and lose balance of my entire body for a few minutes.

I smoked a cigarette by the window in my room and as I expected, I lost balance and began to 'fade'. I walked over to my bed and sat on it, I remembered the text in the book telling me to visualize the numbers from 12 to 1 going downward. So I visualized it, and when I got to 1, I felt strange.

When I first tried it I didne't exactly think this would work as I have never been good at visualization.

When I hit '1' I was completely relaxed, and I had lost complete orientation of where I was. I knew I was on my bed. But I could hear this very distant sort of music, and I could hear the wind as well. For a few seconds I thought I was standing by the window agian. My computer was on and about 2 meters infront of me. But I heard it as if it was to my right side. It was extremely weird. Also I my mind was completely blank, as I have never actually achieved either. I kept seeing this yellow light in the darkness... Like a flame. I guess it was something like an 'aftermath' from looking at the burning cigarette.

I felt extremely aware of myself, but at the same time I felt 'lost' in a way. I began to count upwards from 1 to 12 agian. And I came to my senses. I stared into the darkness of my room, and waited for a minute or so, then stood up and walked over to post this

I can honestly say that I loved that which just happened, though I will not try to use the tobacco method agian yet, as I want to try other things. I had also tried the method of listening to trance music. I recall that being good as well, as my body fell asleep. I don't have a question of any sort, I just wanted to get this off my chest

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
My computer was on and about 2 meters infront of me

Can you realx with a computer in your room and when he is on?
I have my computer outside of my sleeping room. Sometimes, I need him to calculate something over night. But also when he is in the nighbour room I always have trouble to find sleep when he is on.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by g210
Can you realx with a computer in your room and when he is on?
I have my computer outside of my sleeping room. Sometimes, I need him to calculate something over night. But also when he is in the nighbour room I always have trouble to find sleep when he is on.

I can relax with a computer on, yes. Though, it depends, if the monitor is on, then I can't, because of the light that fills the entire room.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Volatile the method taught to me was to start at the feet and hands and work inwards, thinking of all the work they did all day, then putting them to rest. but while keeping awake. i also visualise myself breathing in one color such as green or yellow and breathing out black or blue. i was told to think of it as a way to cleanse myself and let good take over.

I also would like to add that, i two sometimes hear music and voices when drifting off. If i tell them to stop they fade away but if i dont they contine very odd. the other day i could hear strange music, like slow rock, but this only comes to me after relaxing a bit and when i think about it, sometimes it will stop. I just continue to focus on what im doing.

Also this may not seem like a real accomplishment, but last nite was the first time i have drempt and recalled it, well i actually dream very rarley maby 3 times in the past six mohnts. I think its because i went out and bought a jar of vitamin b6, and some melatonin. i remember the dreams were a little vauge and fuzzy, (last nite i was not at home) But both the dreams took place in the room i was sleeping, which i find is wierd.

I am going to start a dream journal to start remembering what i dream. Its strange becuase a few dreams people have described on this site, and on the internet I remember having in the past year or so.

one example is a dream someone mentioned in which they were in their own bedroom with a different bed and no windows or doors. i had the same dream, and i specificly rember telling people about it.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WOLFEEFLOW
1. the method taught to me was to start at the feet and hands and work inwards, thinking of all the work they did all day, then putting them to rest. but while keeping awake. i also visualise myself breathing in one color such as green or yellow and breathing out black or blue. i was told to think of it as a way to cleanse myself and let good take over.

2. I also would like to add that, i two sometimes hear music and voices when drifting off. If i tell them to stop they fade away but if i dont they contine very odd. the other day i could hear strange music, like slow rock, but this only comes to me after relaxing a bit and when i think about it, sometimes it will stop. I just continue to focus on what im doing.

3. Also this may not seem like a real accomplishment, but last nite was the first time i have drempt and recalled it, well i actually dream very rarley maby 3 times in the past six mohnts. I think its because i went out and bought a jar of vitamin b6, and some melatonin. i remember the dreams were a little vauge and fuzzy, (last nite i was not at home) But both the dreams took place in the room i was sleeping, which i find is wierd. I am going to start a dream journal to start remembering what i dream. Its strange becuase a few dreams people have described on this site, and on the internet I remember having in the past year or so.

1. Well, the first thing sounds very familiar to me. It reminds me of an 'edited' version of the basic "from toe to crown" method where you relax every part from the toes and up. I also might add that I also use that visualization method with the breath, when I am doing Yoga. I visualize that when I inhale, the point of tension in my body will go through my blood vains and over into my lungs. Then I exhale, and I visualize red dust coming out of my nose... It seems to actually help alot.

2. Maybe don't try to shut out the music and voices.

3. I can tell you to indeed write a journal and everyday look into that journal and recall what you have dreamt. Try buying books about other people's experiences in dreaming and before you go to bed, tell yourself calmly that you want to have a dream tonight, and keep saying it in your head a few more times... This should give you more dreams.

[edit on 14-5-2006 by Volatile]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Little silent in this thread ta the moment.

So let me share an interesting dream that I had 2 days ago.

Note: This Has nothing much to do with OBE, so if you are OBE interested only go ahead to the next post.

You should know that I often get dreams as answer to a question that aries in me.
And so I see the following dream as an answer to my inner question 'what it is to have a predictional dream.

I was in a for me very familiar vacance place somewhere in Italy. All my relatives where there too and it was a colection of all the houses we are lived in our home country concentrated at that place. This was for the first strange thing. We looked down the hills to the sea. It was a little bit cloudy. All of a sudden a redish shining object rushed down from the sky in a hellish speed and hit the ground. The impact enlightened everything for a moment and everywhere around the impact bright fire started and burned object vegiattions and people. We were close to the impact but not too close and so the most of us had luck and were not enjured or hit to dead. But not all had that luck and some burneds looked terible.
The sky were suddently darkened and covered with big dark clouds.
But there were several big swarm of black birds in the sky. I wasnt r really that clear lucid but enough to wonder if this is something that possible happens in the future and so I wondered the obvious where and when. Something told me that als when this looked exactly like Italy as I know it it will not happen there but in greece although not with absolut clarity. I went into my parents house and was looking for something to figure out the date. There was a newspaperand I tried to read the date. But thatw as hardly to identify. Again somthing from somewhere gave me an impression of a date. Also with a lack in clarity.
The closesd match I figured out still in the dream was 16.may.2006. Shortly after I figured out the dtae I awoke in the middle of the night or for some in the early morning 05:00am. Also unusual. Because also when it was catastrophic I didn't experienced it as a nightmare.
16.may.2006 that was exactly the date of this morning when I had the dream.
So it was a none date! I took that as the sign that this was a set up 'prediction' for me to experience what a predictional experience in a dream is like. And it is not something that is going to happen.
Thanks to whoever made that experience possible for me.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Sometimes (usual for the average person) I am sleeping a half-lucid dream which my dreams have become and still being aware of everything outside.

Its like I can't 'understand' I am dreaming, but still know what happens in the physical world. So like if my mother would come in, I would dream of hearing the door on a car open (in truth, the door to my bedroom opened) and my mom would try to wake me up.

I remember I had one lucid dream when I was a child, and when my mom woke me up in the morning, first question I asked was: "Are my playstation games still in the living room?".

new topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join