It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The second time I tried that methode, although again on a 'lazzy' half doing:

www.saltcube.com...

This time I made indeed an impressing experience and it still keeps my mind trapped from thinking about it. I just cleaned the kitchen in a completly mind-away state.

I am used to have lucid dreams and lucid dreams have the characteristic that you are concious and do know that you are dreaming. But this was different.

But let me start from the beginning. I went to bed in the intention to get up earlier this morning because I have to get up early at monday.

When my alarm clock rang I fighted to get up. I sat up a little looked at the alarm clock and thought about the methode in the link above. Why not give it another try instead standing up, it is sunday! So I set the 5 min interval. I decided to go with 5 min intervall all the time because I thought this is more unusuall for me then to go to long intervalls. (I am used to awoke with 15min).
A number of the 5 min interval went off . The first 1 or 2 I failed to find sleep again but the others I found sleep. In between I did one time a 10 min to break the regularity. I think I spend a whole hour or one and a half with this intervalls till to a vivid dream that took place in my house. But it looked all different also my sleeping romm and the bed orientation and I was not lucid, it was just that a vivid dream.
Then I 'awoke'. I was in my bed the right way the right bed. I cant remember to have heard an alarm of my alarm clock. I was still in sleeping position and I heard noise. Since I read about rivers' noise I heard noise shortly bevore awakening from time to time (never before) in the 'awakening' process. It didnt vanish like it usually does. So started playing with my wight. I imagined I am heavy and indeed my focus (sight) changed I was about going flat on the matrass. I tried to get through but didnt work. So I changed to imagine I am wightless. And my body feelt light and my focus or sight moved a upward not enough thought. And I started to alter between heavy and light pumping. When I was light I suddently thought about uesing the noise as a buster like a rocked buster. Sounds strange but indeed that worked and I find my self flying in the room. But the room itself then was different. Basicly it was my room and the walls and furniture were all at the right place. but not the doors and the windows. Also I noticed that I could not see me in the bed and my bed was prepared and it had another bedcover.
So I figured I was out somewhere but doesnt seems to be the etheric plane. rather the astral one. One of my walls with windows was replaced with a big glas door.
And behind this door I saw the most incredible beach and sea view I ever saw. It was right there at my door. I could have opened it and stepped out and were on the beach. Aboslutly overhelming place. I didnt go out ..I feard this would change it into a dream. After a time I found myself back in the bed.
What then followed I have to summorize because it takes a lot of space.
The experience continued the way that I did the seperation more than one time always when I was back in my bed I tried and always seperated into my room with a different wall set and outsides and a different bedcover and always the bed was prepared and I couldnt see me in it.
In the third time it came to my mind that I forgot about doing a dream check. I was all the time concious but somhow it was all real enough that I didnt doubt it.
So I tried to summon a flower with pot. Successles. (note: in a lucid dream I am able to summon things).
When I finnaly awoke in real I was surprised Because I really thought I was already awoke in real before I started my first seperation.
False awakening I usually identify very fast as such. Not this time.

So I finnaly was astral projecting just from where? The dream check failed and it was all real enough for me.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Do it agian next night, then when you become extremely vivid do reality checks. If the checks come positive, try quiting the dream (not by thought), and you will find yourself astral projecting, if you do it the right way.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
If the checks come positive, try quiting the dream (not by thought),

Can you explain this a little more for me? I think I have an idea what you mean but I am not sure and it could help me to sort my dreams of the past.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If the reality checks come out positive (true), then it means you are sleeping... You do reality checks to see if your sleeping or awake when disorientated.

Then, if proven that you are sleeping, you can try to switch off the dream by stopping the emotional energy you are giving it.

Theres a technique you could try, where, in the dream, you focus on an object or colour in the dream. I don't exactly mean 'focus' like hardcore meditation focus, but more like 'curiosity'. So keep looking and trying to understand what the essence of that object is. In simple words: Feel as if you want to know wtf that object is in the corner of your room, even though you know its a trash can.

Reality Check technique; I had a mild 'lucid' dream a few nights ago... In the dream, I, at one point, did my strething exercise in Yoga, I do Yoga almost every day... To my surprise in my dream, I didne't feel the strething sensation, that immediately told me that I was dreaming. Unfortunately I woke up before I could act on it.

You can do something similar. If you do something on daily basis, you could try to adopt it into your dream (by then it would be pretty obvious you were dreaming) and see if theres something strange about it.

Another thing you could do would be to look at a clock in the dream, then look away, then back and see if the clock has changed from 6:00 to 18:35.

Or, you could simply try to fly

I hope that helps.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I had another OOBE today.. I was doing the salt cube rhytm napping again. When I realised I was close I visualised a woman in front of me and and staring with her bright blue eyes straight into mine. You can do that to enable yourself to float out of your body. (I learned that technique from the lucid crossroads website). It can seem very scary to do though, but it worked.

I floated up, turned around and went to the wall. I wondered if I could stick my arm through the wall and tried it. It went fairly easily through the wall, so I started to move my body through the wall. Then that dreaded, tickle/chill/pain down my back started to act up, so I forced myself back into my body.

This is frustrating...

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
Another thing you could do would be to look at a clock in the dream, then look away, then back and see if the clock has changed from 6:00 to 18:35.

Funny that you mention this. I already told it here that I had a 'hallucination' with the clock in the morning some days ago. It happend again this morning. I looked at it and it was 7:00am but just for a freaking second and then changed to 9:30am clear readable, and I thought 'that must be wrong' looked away back again and it was 7:00am. And it was when I just awkoed. Don't get that. But it didnt worry me this time. Already got adapted to that.
(Just thought ok so i did a time jump forth and back why not who know what is really real anyway. (jokeing)

@voilatile
Reality checks in dreams I personel do when I already know or have a clue that I am dreaming to secure that I am really in a dream and less to 'awake in a dream'. The reason: Some things could be dangerous if you do it outside of a dream be it in astral, etheric or the physical plane.

'emotional Focusing' in an opbject hmm interesting, have to try this once.
Not what I thought.
I more thjought about
- jumping out of a window with no clue what is behind
- walkign through a door with no clue what is behind
- mental going into a picture
- breaking down the dream walls/border. (better dont ask me)

judge from my projection(s) yesterday and what I saw and experienced I believe
that some of my past dreams that started original as lucid dream (I did a dream check) turned into astral projection when I did one of the 4 things above.

The elements where wide and brightened view and transluminescent (hope its the right word I mean: to a degree transparent and self luminescent) beeings.
And mostly compared with intense love and joy.

Does anyone here have experience with such beeings? Yesterday I meet human and dogs but more often I see none human (or at least non human shaped) beeings that way. They are very vivid.

@The bandit:
Interesting technick. Is this an imaginary woman one you created from your fantasie or a real existing one (*). And how you do this just concentrating on her eyes and then thinking something or moveing in..or nothing else than that?

(*) you just brought me back to a question:
I wonder if and how you can meet a self inventioned character that you developed for a book where you put love and effort in, in the astral plane. That would be a very interessting experience. (guess the dream of every autor)

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I meet alot of people in my dreams. They reflect my day, I know this. But on what degree I usually find myself trying to analyse.

In my last dream, I met one of my former teachers (I had in 1st grade) (I had seen him in the hallways of the school that day). He was standing behind the counter at the mall, where I work. He woulden't sell me a computer game, but its kinda weird because I felt like when I was 14 and about to buy smokes at a store, I felt like "Are they gonna bust me!? Can I get those cigarettes!? Oh god please don't bust me" and so on. I got kinda vivid and told him I had bought from the store before (I believe I conquered a demon here)... And the 'teacher' in the dream looked around, checked in the computer game and gave it to me. Then I woke up.

I just have to say, I love you all... Ever since I joined ATS, I have been developing with a vast speed I might add. As well, I am starting to see the weird numbers on the clocks ALOT resently. I have also met my 'twin' duplicate... I am extremely greatful for learning about ATS, and now I feel its the time to say thanks to you all

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by g210
@The bandit:
Interesting technick. Is this an imaginary woman one you created from your fantasie or a real existing one (*). And how you do this just concentrating on her eyes and then thinking something or moveing in..or nothing else than that?

(*) you just brought me back to a question:
I wonder if and how you can meet a self inventioned character that you developed for a book where you put love and effort in, in the astral plane. That would be a very interessting experience. (guess the dream of every autor)

Nahh.. It's an imaginary person. I specially chose a blue eyed woman, because then the pupils would be easily visible (in my mind's eye of course) and you have more of the sense of someone staring you down, which can cause you to either go consciously into a lucid dream, or have an out of body experience.

I think to realise whether a character you see is created by your mind or real depends on what you feel from and about the character (feeling is more important than rationality in those plains IMO) and whether you can command the character to do your bidding. You are basically the God of any characters you create in the Real Time Zone or the Astral world.

Btw... I've had three more today in the same setting. I made it outside in one of them at least. I tried to will myself to one of the stars in the sky, but I wasn't able to do so. I also believe that I wasn't fully conscious during those OOBE's either, because it was already morning, and when I came out of my body, the sky was dark, which I should've realised was nonsense if I was 100% aware and conscious during the experience.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
When im laying in bed trying to iether go sleep or project I can sometimes make out my own face really clearly and it can become pretty freaky at times. Theres been times too when ive focused for a few minutes on my face and then i'll suddenly begin to watch myself dreaming.

Another thing while im posting... I was reading about dream characters the other day and found it really interesting how this guy was saying that the characters in your dreams always seem to be preoccupied and dont want to be disturbed. Well on that night I decided to question this women in my dream who i'd never seen before, and boy she wasnt happy at all. I kept saying to her 'look what exactly are you doing? do you know your dreaming?' and she just kept shrugging her shoulders and wondering off. I once had a full conversation with this guy though about astral projection and in the dream I remember being told about things i'd never even read about before, but then when I woke up I forgot what we were talking about. I guess this could be my subconscious trying to make sense of what i'd been reading about astral projection/OBE's?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
@Clarky

Could be many things. Simply put, I think it was your subconscious making small-talk with your consciousness, and you might ask "why was it talking to me about astral projection then?", well... My answer would be: "aren't you consciously interested in astral projection?"

Doesn't matter if you've ever heard about those things he explained to you in your dream, for your subconscious' perception surpasses your conscious' perception of things... Even what you read, for reading 'is' perception

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
[edit on 2-5-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Guess who is back from his vacation

Had some odd stuff happen over in England near Stonehenge and Avebury. Small UFO's were floating about here and there. Decided to OBE over to see who and what they actually were. the usual friendly Arcturians, but never seen them in groups before though.

When leaving the tourguide started telling his routine story and told an interesting, yet unlikely, rumour. That Stonehenge once was a round set of circles with on top flat stones and that once or twice in the past a few of those flat stones fell off for no apparent reason. That other mediums and druids went on the tour in the past and noticed UFO's as well about the place. the theory is that Stonehenge in the past was used for a landing spot for the mothership which let out small ships which made all the cropcircles. Sure... *puts away the grain of salt* I do think there is some sort of connection with the stones in Avebury, Stonehenge and such.

Also the ghosts near our house are getting more lifely it seems. My girlfriend came to watch a dvd and we ended up watching some weak New-age documentary called Staya Erusa. During the docu I noticed someone entering and threw the small thick candle of my tv screen. My gf got scared a bit and then tried to find a logical conclusion. But the candle fell far from the screen and if it fell, which is unlike because of its stirdyness it would fall down or at least a lot closer to the screen. There was no wind either because all windows and doors were shut and I got no holes or cracks anywhere. The next morning something similar. I got a lot of spare coins, loose change, on my desk. One 5cent coin went flying from one side of the desk to the other and fell on the ground. That scared her for the second time.

My dad is performing a powerfull ritual for the past 17 days to get a very powerfull barrier around our house. Just 4 more days to go to make it all permanent and be done. We tried all other methods to get rid of ghosts and entities, but the ones we departed to the other side never came back....however it did attract the attention of a lot of others and not only ghosts lately either. Like christians...if one sheep crosses the dam others will follow blindlessly.

[edit on 3-5-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Welcome back Enyalius!

I find it pretty interesting that you are so sensitive to everything paranormal. Is magick closely related to your family, as you state your dad did a 'powerful' ritual?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Magic/energy it's all the same and in our family there are many "sensitive" people. Only a handfull actually decided to hone it and learn to use it more accurately while the others are bit fearfull about what might happen if they would "train" it all.

My stepmother is into the new-age estoreric side of things. My sister is as well with reiki only. My mother is it mildly and studies numerology and astrology. My father and I both study the occult where he is into the Enochian system as well as what is seen as new-age teachings. I'm into Goetia, theurgy system. Some aunts and uncles got occasional visions and occasionally see entities. So yah...it runs in the family. Seeing that my girlfriend is into it as well, still looking for her own path though, I'm sure it'll be in our family for a long time to come as well

My brother is talented and strong as well, but he has no idea what is going on and what we are all doing. He has ADH/Authistic combination so we feel it is to dangerous due to his mental imbalances. Perhaps in the future when he is more calm and is able to gain a strong will.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I always had these ideas that if mentally unbalanced people could some how "break free" of their 'chains' (maybe a bad way to put it), they would naturally become extremely sensitive to everything around them.

Its just a theory with no evidence and no point to it
But thought I might as well note it here.

So, Enyalius, have your other family members had OOBEs? If they did, mind asking them, then tell us here? Because the thread is beginning to die

Then agian, maybe its time for it to die

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Mentally sane people of today got their own set of chains they need to break free from. A load of boundaries and chains taken over from society and their ideas. As long people aren't able to get rid of their own masks and truly get to know themselves and act in accordance with their true self they won't be able to experience life to the fullest. So called sane people are just as unbalanced as insane people are. One has their life led by impulsive emotional behaviour while the other group is led by their stiff rational mental outlook while in fact both should be working together in harmony within each individual.

The paranormal isn't strange or unnatural...how can something from nature be unnatural? A lot of things were already known to some of us before science even started to research or lable it. Such as Aristotle who had ideas for a helicopter before Da Vinci or modern science ever did. Same when new-age followers talked about Vibrations, which the occult and several philosophers did way before. Science finally caught up saying that man vibrates indeed due to the elektrons en neutrons and their compository build up from Quarks and still undefined space (chaos) that keeps the quarks there vibrating. Science will eventually be able to research and lable the so called "paranormal" one day as well, because as usual it runs way behind on the concepts formed by men. Without manmade concepts science wouldn't have anything to research to begin with.

As for OBE's within my family. Yes they do, but other then my stepmother and dad I don't know who else can cause them at will and has them regularly.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
You're only seeing this from the 'enlightened' perspective, that everything is focused around the nature that we call 'paranormal'. I don't disagree with you, but just noting that "sane people" are labled thus because of psychology, and that is not an invalid point-of-view... So not everything can/should be followed in the footsteps of natures 'bible'.

As for the term paranormal, I agree with you, its also just a term created from the lack of understanding in nature.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hi all

Interesting thread.
Just wondering if I have been experiencing partial OBE on and off over the years.

During a nights sleep I can awake or be aware of:

1) Being paralysed. It’s like something on my chest.
2) A vibration of my body, it seems to be associated with a hum but with some sort of oscillation…I think.
3) Feeling (and perhaps the sound) of acceleration. It’s like falling, similar to one of those vertical drop waterslides. Sort of a whooshing.
4) Sometimes I am sure I can see things through my eyelids.
5) Sitting upright in bed looking at a wall to my side. When I physically try to turn around or move my hand (the body seems paralyzed) its seems just as I manage to get the instruction to my body, I am instantaneously laying there on my back looking at the ceiling?

I think there may be more experiences but I don’t recollect them right now.

Sometimes if I drop off during the day I can experience the whooshing, accelerating feeling. I used to fear sleep with this sensation, sometimes when I awoke I would prefer not to go back to sleep and get up and find something to do. But these days I tend to think, “Here we go again”, but it is only in recent years I have felt comfortable dealing with it.

Any ideas? Does any of this make sense??

Thanks for reading.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Most of the sensations you describe can be attributed to Sleep Paralysis. The one with the whooshing sounds and being able to see through your eyelids are OBE's.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I haven't had much time for it lately but I felt like I got close this morning. I was semi concious, had beeen hearing the 'noises' for about a minute and was trying the rope technique - I was reaching up and pulling, it wasn't really working and then all of a sudden I felt a surge as if I had actually pulled myself up.

Would have liked more time to try but unfortunately had to get out of bed to do stuff!

P.S. This thread isn't dying, I still read it even when I have nothing to say

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join