It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
@Ace

I remember once I had a dream I was walking down a street in a city, and I was stopped by a guy who looked like me... He said, "watch...", and he pressed his face in a seconds notice up onto my forehead where as I saw my class room and I was walking in through it, where someone was about to throw a glass-bottle at my face... He then said, "We must be aware..." then I woke up in cold-sweat.

A week later, there had been a fight in my class room and I was walking in (with one of the guys that had been fighting, walking behind me) and I just got this enormous déjà vú and it kinda seemed like time stopped for a moment, and I ducked while time was stopped and the bottle few past my head. People that were standing next to me asked me how I did 'that', and I replied: "Did what?", and they told me it was like I knew the bottle was coming, I wasn't even looking at the direction... From then on, I have had multiple experiences, and lead me to believe I was 'precognitive'.

So yeah, it freaked me out

[edit on 15-4-2006 by Volatile]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
A little off subject here but im in a philosophical mood so just bare with me

It really amazes me how your brain can create this whole new reality and create all these different characters and landscapes that youve never even seen before in your intire life. Becoming lucid in your dream is brilliant and so fastanating but the more lucid im becoming, the more im questioning myself as to whether or not im layed down asleep and my brain is creating every little bit of this dream or if theres part of me thats out of my body and then this leads onto the ultimate question of whether or not theres an afterlife. I sometimes feel as though its gradually taking over my life as theres so many questions that I want answered.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In my belief, we live two lives but one is so primitive (in our sense of 'mind') that we don't use it but it still operates on daily basis (and even when our other 'life' sleeps at night).

The first mind is elaborated from the word 'ourself', and is pretty much just what we go around and do all day... This mind is what calculates equations in math class and sees the logic in how a chair is built etc. it thinks about how you look, it is the central functioning between muscles and impulses. Another word we could use for this kind of mind is 'conscious".

Even though this 'conscious' mind keeps track of everything we do inside our mind central, and outside our body (as well as on and in our body) it is very shallow, as it only captures what we are currently doing, but that is only because it has enormous pressure to it and needs to keep track of more than what we are aware of at the moment.

The other mind does not have a big part of what we do in our everyday lives, but it plays the part of "who we are", something we from birth not really have had need for knowing. Because this mind transfers all pressure to the other mind it intercepts things beyond what we really understand. When we look at the monitor, our other mind would intercept that everything within the limit we can see and store it away to memory, so it doesn't acquire pressure. Another word we could use for this mind is of course 'subconscious'.

Because our subconscious intercepts so many things, far beyond what our conscious intercepts, it knows a great deal more than what 'ourselfs' know. There then comes a time in one's life where the subconscious is in need of contact with the conscious mind, and through that comes 'dreams'.

In an average person's dream, he or she doesn't control it. I have had people tell me they don't dream AT ALL, that everything they see is darkness when they close their eyes. Either this is because their subconscious doesn't need to contact them (though I myself highly see past this assumption), or because they do not have insight yet.

For those who dream, they usually dream about stuff they find rather amusing, or quite sad. But still do not have anything to say in these kind of dreams. Nightmares appear when your subconscious wants to 'talk' to you (your conscious) about something you should be aware of, and seems to want to solve the problem. I myself have nightmares about fears I never faced (fear of height and facing frightening in the dark).

After a while, he becomes aware of the problem when analysing it himself, and finds that now he becomes more in control of what he or she does in the dream. This is what we call 'lucid dreaming' because it is very vivid, and we then try to interact with it. I would personally say that when this happens, one has achieved balance, control and aware of the 'conscious', thats the first mind, and maybe alittle exaggerated, but I would like to say one is 'complete' in the first part of mind when this is achieved.

When his or her mind is consciously aware of reality, one will try to quit the dreams consciously. This might take a good deal of awareness, as you aren't allowed to quit it by thought, but by will. Once one has allowed himself to quit a dream, the body will remain asleep, the conscious will remain aware, as well as the subconscious, because you quit a dream that the subconscious created... From that, he or she has achieved astral projection, because in my belief in our physical body, our soul resides in the subconscious (the crown chakra), and when a dream is quit, our conscious is suddenly aware of the subconscious, and what can the subconscious do, beside letting go?

Once this is achieved, I woulden't say one is complete in subconscious yet...

When one meditated, we could practice being in control of the breath itself. Being in control of the breath itself, by using our consciousness forfills a few stand points.

1. Our conscious sets aside anything around us, and focusing on one thing, which is of the breath. This means that our body falls asleep because it is not tended to by our consciousness... Same which happens under sleep.

2. Parts of our mind are set to rest. There are impulses in our mind that controls the natural breath. These impulses work day and night to keep us alive by having us breathe automaticly. Once our consciousness takes control of the breath, the impulses go to the well-earned rest they never have in our daily lives.

3. We are aware of so little, that we call forth our subconscious and chakras... This is in my philosophical mind, the reason we can astral project through meditation.

When facing insight (Vipassana) meditation, which is being aware of where, who and what we are, this comes to mind.

1. We focus on the nostrils but let the breath flow naturally by impulse... This removes all outside worries, and time becomes of no existance anymore. From this, our subconscious comes forward.

2. We interact with our subconscious at a "base level" by being aware of "who we are"... Balancing our subconscious with our conscious for a sort while, making our subconscious able to develop physic abilities that we have naturally lost because of our daily lives here in these societies.

In my belief, a psychic ability is a clash between willpower, reality and balancing of our subconscious. One particular thing that comes to mind is 'precognition' which is where you develop a keen ability to foresee what will happen... Its not exactly like clairvoyance, because in precognition your subconscious breaches the point where you see logic in the universal actions that are caused around you. It might sound a way to big, but its really just the seeing the logic, which will lead you to 'know' what will happen next.

Clairvoyance, is the keen ability to breach the barriers between astral and physical reality. This in my mind is where your subconscious becomes alert and begins to interact at a base level with your conscious that it never does.

After something like this has happened to you, I would indeed say you have become 'complete' in subconscious, not because you have achieved some special powers that are rarely seen, but because that of which lies underneath the special powers. In my philosophy, when one has achieved the psychic ability stand point, it is only because he or she has become what he or she wants to be in "subconscious thinking". Remember that the subconscious holds the key to "who we are" and when that key is found and the safe is unlocked, we become ever so powerful, but not because we have a 'gift' that is paranormal, but because when the safe is unlocked, we become who we want to be... We become an ideal to life, because we are become in human form, what our spirit represents... And that my friends, are loving, kind, unselfishness, non-ignorant, non-arrogant, non-hateful, and just... Beautiful in every sense of mindfulness.

For nothing is ever forfilled through materialistic ways, but through becoming what God (or if you don't believe in God, "what our Soul") wanted us to become... A part of him... A part of the universe...

So to conclude what I wanted to say; We are a beautiful race of creatures, and if we could ALL become perfect in mind, we would live in peace for all eternity, and that is beyond what money and power can buy.

[edit on 16-4-2006 by Volatile]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Interesting post Volatile

Last night I experienced the falling sensation people talk about for the first time. I was layed there with my stomach faced down and my arms above my head under my pillow and I could feel my 'astral body' wobbling about and tingling all over. I knew what was coming and got ready to astrally sit up when all of a sudden it was like my bed collapsed through my ceiling and I was falling into complete darkness but I was able to see the darkness (if that makes any sense) this seemed to last for a while and then I started getting a little concerned and woke up.

I wonder why sometimes you experience this falling sensation and then other times you dont? I think id rather project like I normally do by sitting up and stepping/rollling out of bed.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hey

I had another OOBE this morning... It was weird though. I found myself floating around in an office that I've never seen before in my life, but it seemed strangely familiar to me. But perhaps it was my subcionscious doing that. I floated up to the ceiling and started float around uncontrollably. I tried to clap my hands and will myself to to the lucid dreaming crossroadss, but I couldn't even remember the name... Then I started to float down and found myself back in my body.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
wow Volitile..
.thats a well thought out piece of writing...VERY interesting to! I think you should take that and make a whole new thread of your own with it.............

.....not that many folks read this OOBE thread, and your ideas are encompassing this but also go beyond and add other thoughts. I am SURE alot of people on the board would LIKE to read that statement......I think you should go with it and make a whole thread with that topic.......you will get way more feedback if you do than just leaving such a brilliant post buried in this OOBE thread.....I have no suggestions to what you should title it, but I bet you have more ideas on that than I do.....maybe ~dreaming life VS waking life~ and folks can talk about dreams there as well...........

................................just sayin

[edit on 17-4-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
@theRiverGoddess

Thank you

I didne't think it all through quite, I started thinking of lucid dreaming, then it sort of just escalated from there

But i'll take up your word for it, and make a thread about it, asking for other peoples opinions and experiences in lucid and/or normal dreaming.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
@Ace

I remember once I had a dream I was walking down a street in a city, and I was stopped by a guy who looked like me... He said, "watch...", and he pressed his face in a seconds notice up onto my forehead where as I saw my class room and I was walking in through it, where someone was about to throw a glass-bottle at my face... He then said, "We must be aware..." then I woke up in cold-sweat.

A week later, there had been a fight in my class room and I was walking in (with one of the guys that had been fighting, walking behind me) and I just got this enormous déjà vú and it kinda seemed like time stopped for a moment, and I ducked while time was stopped and the bottle few past my head. People that were standing next to me asked me how I did 'that', and I replied: "Did what?", and they told me it was like I knew the bottle was coming, I wasn't even looking at the direction... From then on, I have had multiple experiences, and lead me to believe I was 'precognitive'.

So yeah, it freaked me out

[edit on 15-4-2006 by Volatile]

Wow. I'll bet! Though, not as much as getting hit in the head with that bottle would have freaked you out, I'll wager lol.
I'm glad you didn't get hit. That HURTS.

That's something I've often wondered: does everyone experience Déjà Vu as though they're recalling a dream they've had recently, or is it different for other people? That's what Déjà Vu always feels like to me, as well, which is why I ask. It always feels like a dream. It's usually something completely mundane, too, like the color of the car parked on the corner or something like that.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

@theRiverGoddess

Thank you

I didne't think it all through quite, I started thinking of lucid dreaming, then it sort of just escalated from there

But i'll take up your word for it, and make a thread about it, asking for other peoples opinions and experiences in lucid and/or normal dreaming.

You don't always have to think. It's like automatic writing at times...you make a clear intuitive connection and just let your fingers write it all down. And so far making my replies redundant (If I would make em) so don't feel a need to reply most of the time and let you do all the "work" rofl

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
And so far making my replies redundant (If I would make em) so don't feel a need to reply most of the time and let you do all the "work" rofl

I don't mind the 'work'

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

In an average person's dream, he or she doesn't control it. I have had people tell me they don't dream AT ALL, that everything they see is darkness when they close their eyes. Either this is because their subconscious doesn't need to contact them (though I myself highly see past this assumption), or because they do not have insight yet.

I was one of the persone that did NOT dream in the past. It's not that they are not dreaming but that they in fact shut all memory off (filter away) as soon as they awake automatical because they live fully focused in the physical world for a time and did not care much about their dreams which then the memory in the morning fade more and more every day till they have non anymore.
The way back requires a strong desire for dreaming. A day-wish alone ' does not do it. But a wish you 'burn/programm' in with self suggestion just before you sleep helps. I did it that way and started to remember my dream the second night I did that. This really works. But right then you have to start to 'work' and that means trying to remember as much as you can in the morning (writing them down helps) and as many as you can (you will be surprised how many dreams you can have in 1 night) . You have to care about the dreams that you remember that's the thing. And as more as you do as more vivid you remember them. And if you have a traget like oobe or lucid dreaming
(my target was hight: oobe right from the start so i wanted to walk from 0 to 100
you develope conciousnes within the dream to a degree where at least lucid dreaming starts. And you can even intensify this to become the very vivide lucid dreams. That was my way.
By not paying any attention to your dreams in the morning anymore you can even walk the way back.
I see dreams as an ability to learn. You can learn to deal with situations and even try different solution attempts when you are lucid.
I think, no one is that developed that he or she has no needs for dreams anymore because he learnt all there is to learn in life (and certainly not the one that thinks so). If you don't need to dream anymore you wouldnt be on earth anymore.
So the one that do not dream in fact do dream but do not remember them. At least the subconcious is active with or without your ego.

Nightmares appear when your subconscious wants to 'talk' to you (your conscious) about something you should be aware of, and seems to want to solve the problem. I myself have nightmares about fears I never faced (fear of height and facing frightening in the dark).

lucid dreaming is a good way to overcome nightmares. Your perspective change. You see the dream as what it is a 'playground for learning'.
I never had many nightmares butto the time of lucid dreaming I had hardly any nightmare anymore. But you still can have them. Mostly then when you figure out that your dream-controll is not omnipotent and you can even lose that in full in dreams. But yes for learning something it might be necessary that it is that way..otherwhise you would sneek out..

edit addition:

@Enyalius:
I believe I saw this in an 1 or 2 year old post from you and I just wonder:
you said..there is no god, allah or whatever but just the 'pool' of love and light. But isn't the 'pool/source' of love and light exactly the essence of 'god'. That's how I identify god. That source is god. Nothing else. At least nothing else that the bible or any religion want to attach to .

(hope it was you if not sorry forget it again just wondered)

[edit on 19-4-2006 by g210]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yes it was me who spoke of the pool. I don't call it God, because God is only one small aspect of the pool. The All that encompasses ALL and God is just a small part which represents only that aspect and nothing else.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Enlyalius .............you did such an INCREDIBLE job with that pool metephor....in reality that matches MY belief system to a ~T~.....I have a dificult time trying to explain to some people WHY when I pray, I pray to the Great and Creative Powers of the Universe.......I to see it as a 'pool' of creativity from wich we all spring, and can return to when we feel ready.....in the meantime I believe in reincarnation as we incarnate in the physical, 'wherever' we feel we can gain the most knowledge from....be it on this planet as a human or some other form of our chooseing, or on another planet......I also think we can stay in the astral realms when we feel the need for whatever reason......

I sound very 'New Age' this way....but I claim to be Pagan....looking for the power of the Creator in all things on this Earth....I may be moved to worship the sun, the flora.....the fauna (even humans are in the catagory of fauna)...water, air or rocks.......I do not believe the Creative power belongs inside a building to be held under specific rules.......I do SEE the massive power of prayer in large numbers of individuals, so I think in that way Churches are a GOOD thing to bring people together in groups for prayer........

This has been my belief system for a loooong time....and was solidified by reading books on OOBE and Robert Monroe's experiances. My own experiances just seem to proove to me this is correct thinking......
'The Conversations With God' books also enhanced this core belief in me......
Other books I suggest are 'The Keys of Enoch', the Shirley McClain books, all the works of Carlos Castenada as well as an insightfull tome called 'The Only Planet of Choice' and other books by that same author.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
well I see this a little different. Have difficult to shear this view.
As I say for me this god and the pool is one and the same. That's the source and the reality of everything and that's how everything is connected. I even more think that the pool is part of god and not the other way. So god is more than that.
But what I describe with the word 'god' is of course not a god how christian picture it. Their view of 'god' is very limited and artificial matched with a 'human' picture. So yes probabily that's the reason why my order of this spiritual 'essences' are different.
well be it.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have conscious oobe's all the time. Or semi-conscious to be exact. I know that I'm in my bed and I can move my arms and feet but its not like I can get up and walk around while my spirit is out of my body. So that to me is really semi-consciousness. I can't exactly decide when to have one, it just happens. But once its happening, I can control where I go. I have even looked in a mirror as its happening and saw nothing (I was invisible). But another time I looked in the mirror and saw myself (as I am in real life). So it raises some serious questions into the nature of reality. I mean, If I can see myself, then am I two? In other words, is the "I" that is looking at myself consciousness, and the "me" that I see, an illusion? I guess so...but its an illusion we all share called life. I also think there are negative entities in the astral plane. Because sometimes, I can't do what I want. I feel like I'm being held back by something. The best way I can convey the feeling is imagine, if you will, jumping out of an airplane. Except instead of free-falling, someone is holding onto you and preventing you from moving around freely. That is what the negative influence feels like. And its really frustrating and makes my heart beat really fast. Strange...

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by g210
well I see this a little different. Have difficult to shear this view.
As I say for me this god and the pool is one and the same. That's the source and the reality of everything and that's how everything is connected. I even more think that the pool is part of god and not the other way. So god is more than that.
But what I describe with the word 'god' is of course not a god how christian picture it. Their view of 'god' is very limited and artificial matched with a 'human' picture. So yes probabily that's the reason why my order of this spiritual 'essences' are different.
well be it.

In that case I agree. People use different definitions of "God" and the Christian definition is a very limiting one indeed and then I say that a god or a devil with such a limitation can never be a god and only represents one aspect of it all.

In my response I assumed you spoke of the Christian god, but you explained later you did not which I'm glad for.

The true God is The All, Nature and you can give it many names. So in this sense your god and my Pool/The All are in fact one and the same. Making names doesn't change the essence of how we experience it.

Well I'm off for a week to England visiting Stonehenge/Avebury and such. cy laters

[edit on 23-4-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Hmm, OOBE's always interested me but I've never had one. What really bothers me is in the first few pages of this thread where people mention sensing evil beings. Other than that, I'd really like to give this a try..

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
The feeling I have, when I ~LEAVE~ is really hard to describe.....its kind of like I am in a mud bog, and suddenly stand up out of it and all the mud just slips off.
IF IF that makes any sense.

I've been slowly reading through this thread, which is fascinating stuff. But the above comment actually made me respond.

For some time I was doing a nei gung dissolving meditation ("opening the energy gates of the body" as taught by
B K Frantzis. This involves dissolving any blockages in one's chi body, working from the crown of the head down to one's feet. I've since fallen away from this practice but when I was working hard on it, it felt as if my body was covered in heavy mud and I was starting to free my head, which felt a lot lighter and clearer.

Interesting parallel. I haven't got to the end of the thread yet so I may be posting on a dead thread, but my best to RiverGoddess for what she has started.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Hey

I had another OOBE this morning... It was weird though. I found myself floating around in an office that I've never seen before in my life, but it seemed strangely familiar to me.

... and now I've skipped almost 30 pages and find this... I remember awakening from a dream in which I'd been in an office. At the time I was an aspiring musician and doing gardening work for income, and never imagined working in an office.

About 2 years later I was doing a programming course in an office. I'd been there for about two weeks when I suddenly realised that it was the office from my dream (which I'd completely forgotten about) and that the events of the past five seconds had been in the dream. Like the most intense deja vu ever.

Btw, Bandit, used to go regularly to Aruba years ago when I was working as a musician on cruise ships. Pity I didn't know about this board then, might have been interesting to hook up. Noticed your posts, you seem pretty cool.

all the best
R

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'd just like to say cheer to g210, since your posts have given good information. I find myself alot more aware then before in my dreams.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join