It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I had some really awfull OBE's last night and thought I was going to die on several occasions. As I was drifting off (not sure what sleep stage I was in) I kept having to wake myself up because I had this dark and crushing sensation in my chest. I seperated a few times though and fell on my bedroom floor but these feelings wouldnt go away and were making me feel sick. I remember scaring the living daylights out of my cat a few times by going right upto her face and when I woke up she was scratching on my bedroom door wanting to get out. I also remember walking through our front door and floating about on my street. I spotted someone walking round the corner and I was gliding along side them for about 20 metres thinking 'oh my god this is crazy!' then I woke up, looked out my window and couldnt believe it when there was someone walking away from my house. It could be a coincidence but I think this is probably the closest ive come to verifying that my OBE's are real.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Wow Clarky-thats pretty intense.

I wonder what would cause such darkness?

At least you're having vivid more verifiable OOBE-that is cool! Right?

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
OBE real! of course, we arent real. So go out of your body and make a new one.
What im saying is go from one reality to another as this isnt solid. OBE isnt a starting point, its just one reality youve hung around for awhile. But then what do i know...we all find out what we need when the time comes.

Peace

dalen

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by think2much
Wow Clarky-thats pretty intense.

I wonder what would cause such darkness?

At least you're having vivid more verifiable OOBE-that is cool! Right?

Some parts are becoming more vivid such as my vision and control and so I seem to be able to travel further than my house now. I get to a certain part of my street though and then im usualy not sure what to do because its dark and the middle of the night or I get scared to go any further and work my way back or think to awaken.

What I should of mentioned in my other post was that I'd been drinking quite heavily the day before which might explain why my OBEs were pretty intense. Over the last 5 to 6 months I sometimes get chest pains the day after ive been drinking, like sharp shooting pains down my left side.. Ive been to the doctors and he said theres nothing wrong and said cut down on your drinking and said its probably just a bit of acid (yea right). Most of my OBEs are the day after ive been drinking too. Every time I drink I look forward to having OBEs the day after.. I was drinking last night infact and im looking forward to goin to bed tonight but I just hope I dont have a bad time like last time.

[edit on 15/2/06 by Clarky]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
ok now i have tried 3 times, always before i go to sleep but i just can't get out! trying again in 30min or so, hopefully this will be the right one

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clarky
I had some really awfull OBE's last night and thought I was going to die on several occasions. As I was drifting off (not sure what sleep stage I was in) I kept having to wake myself up because I had this dark and crushing sensation in my chest. I seperated a few times though and fell on my bedroom floor but these feelings wouldnt go away and were making me feel sick. I remember scaring the living daylights out of my cat a few times by going right upto her face and when I woke up she was scratching on my bedroom door wanting to get out. I also remember walking through our front door and floating about on my street. I spotted someone walking round the corner and I was gliding along side them for about 20 metres thinking 'oh my god this is crazy!' then I woke up, looked out my window and couldnt believe it when there was someone walking away from my house. It could be a coincidence but I think this is probably the closest ive come to verifying that my OBE's are real.

Yes, the sensation can be somewhat uncomfortable at times . The sensation in the chest area is the conscious realization of paralasis ( physical condition of dream state)...the chest being the breathing center carries the burden....When you try to force yourself awake, it can be painful... dont force awakening at this time, it will feel like moving you foot while it is "asleep", (Instincually, you will try to gain control,...dont! at this time, do not be alarmed you are so close)...and may induce hypnogic hallucination ( dark and foreboding feeling, usually). Realize, this IS your "mind" escaping your body and you "did" see that person...once we realize this is capable, the possibilities are endless, do not fight the concious seperation of mind and body (or spirit and body) which ever you prefer for they are one in the same.

oh by the way, you are not gonna die

[edit on 16-2-2006 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Kriss-thats really interesting because I had a lucid dream I was describing in another thread about the evil feeling and the physical crushing of my chest as I tried to go from lucid dream to physically waking...but when I did awake, the evil was personalifed...but still mutch of what you write describes somewhat what I was dealing with...wish you would check out my dream over there and tell me what you make of it-it was on a thread I named something like "lucid dreaming, subliminal messages and mind control"

I'm always trying to draw the line, or find it between my experiences in lucid dreaming and OOBE and I am coming to believe in all the shades of grey concenring our perceptions of reality....you know? ANd how it affects us physically at times too...

interesting...

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hmm... Ive not had any lucid dreams for about a week and any OBEs for at least 2 weeks, Its not normal for me. I've been unemployed for the last 3 months and have spent hours on end reading about them I'd expect to be having them all the time. Ive read similar posts where people suddenly stop having them for a while and then they start back up again. My brain is probably recharging for a few weeks..
anyone had any more OBEs lately? seems a little quiet in here now.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
All i can say is WOW!

Last night after I posted that I went to bed hoping for an OBE or if not then a lucid dream. All night I was having normal dreams, a few being a bit nighmarish. Then this morning I woke up and needed the toilet so went and came back to bed. Then I had what is without doubt, the best lucid dream ive ever had! I dont mean just becoming lucid in my dream but I was controling everything around me and what people were able to do. I was at school in our main hall and everyone in our school was sat down on the floor. Hundreds of them and I could recognise the majority and then there was me on a stage at the front and I was showing them all what you can do in a lucid dream. Firstly I was hovering a metre or so above the stage and I heard a 'woahhh!' from them all as they looked on. Then I shot straight up in the air and started flying over them and looking down at them and some of them were passing out with disbelief. Then I went back to the stage and asked who wants to be able to fly and a few put there hands up causiously. All I had to do was point at each one of them and I said 'fly!' and then said to them 'right you can fly' and I showed them how to fly and they did and we'd all be flying all over the place. Then we went back to the stage and I said 'who else wants to fly?' and everyone put there hands up so I said 'everyone fly!' and everyone started flying, then as we were flying around in circles in the hall I said 'snow!' and it started snowing. Then after a while I said 'stop flying for everyone apart from me' and everyone dropped to the floor apart from me.

Just before I woke up I remember saying to them 'next time we do this we'll do it outside on the back field and i'll add a few buildings and trees' I had this dream about half n hour ago and just had to type it up as its definately the best dream Ive had in a long time.. Its a shame I had to wake up so quick though.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Nice dream clarky! I love how you told them next time you'd go outside and add some building etc

Does anyone know of why potatoes are supposed to help with lucid dreaming/OOBE? Has anyone else heard of eatting a medium to large potato WITH SKIN (must eat the skin too) an hour or sooner before going to bed? And can you tell me why it helps and if it has helped you?

SOmething about boosting natural chemicals in your brain? Good for depressed people too?

Anyone got anything on that?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Never heard of that one before, I know that the skin on a potatoe is the best part of it. The next time you make chips, leave the skin on them.. there gorgous

While im posting.... For the last week ive been shuffling a deck of cards and placing one on the side incase I have an OBE. Ive not been having many lately so when I do have one I dont want to waste it by floating about wondering what to do. The only thing is though, my bedroom is pitch black so I just hope my out of body vision is good.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Lucid dreaming is SO amazing......years ago when mine started to become powerfull I started keeping my 'dream diarey', in hopes it would someday lead me to OOBE.

Completely ~NEW~ seperation experiance for me last night
I did NOT hear the 'sounds'.....I just felt knumb, very warm and relaxed and I just peeled out of my body....arms first then torso and head, leggs last.
I was thinking WHOA! where was that 'sound'????

I came out without it last night........
Thats a first...

Once again I concentrate on getting to NM.....and WHOOSH I am up and flying....up in the stars again. They were VERY crisp looking and seemingly cold. I could really FEEL the movement, just like going through a big bottom dip on a roller coaster....I was trying to relax through this even though I swear I am feeling the rush of G forces......(I wish that would go away actually)........I am watching the stars moving by, some close, some distant......I felt like I was trapped in some kind of solar wind and I was moving along butt first and backwards.
This seemed really outa control to me so I was claiming to turn around and face this, but I was not able to......I was getting frusterated! I really seemed to be being swept along in some kind of currant I could not break out of.....I started thinking, well I have to be way FAR from NM now since I am off in space......I am not going where I want to go I am just riding in this 'force' and being swept along!
This frusterated me so I decided ENOUGH.........and then I rushed back to my room. I did not pop right back in my body like usuall either.....I was floating above my body and looking at my unusually luminous looking room thinking it is really time to straighten things up, so I reached for a shirt on the floor but could not grab it lol....so then BLAM I was back in my body, and I got up off the bed and put the loose shirt in the laundry basket:p
Another failed attempt at getting to NM.........but a new experiance as far as getting out, and returning and not crashing right back into my body......a learning OOBE for me to be sure........

Whats UP with the ~'solar wind/astral currant'~ thing that I got swept up into???????Anybody?????

[edit on 24-2-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Okay, I've been lurking in this thread for a long time and didn't know if I should get involved but I am SO curious! I'm 36 years old and a born again Christian and I have been wondering (if this is even possible) if God would have a problem with me trying this. Now, I believe in the God of the Bible, you know, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. So I guess I really need to look in the Bible for references, if any, concerning this. The reason I'm so curious about this is because sometimes, when I'm REALLY tired, as I'm drifting off to sleep, I hear/feel this quick, loud buzzing/vibration or rushing noise that some of you speak of, throughout by entire body and it kind of freaks me out. I've only been experiencing this buzzing or vibration for a couple years though. I have no idea how or why it started...or if there might be a more logical reason for it. I just don't know. I would, however, like to give this "oobe" a try someday....maybe.

-Quin

[edit on 24-2-2006 by mytquin]

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Quinn......I believe God loves you and would not give you such an opertunity for learning if he deemed you unworthy..........its coming to you as an invitation I think, and you have the choice to firther your spiritual knowledge as well as knowledge of physicallity.
Maybe your personal Angells or guides want to meet with you and this is why its coming........
Think about how the Tibetan Monks strive toward this goal.......I do NOT believe persons of a low vibration can get to this point, there is a PURITY of body and mind that must come before this can really happen for a person.....
Speak to your pastor about this, but MORE IMPORTANTLY pray aboput this and do as you feel lead to do.......

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Thanks TRG! I'll do that. Very interesting stuff!

-Quin

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
quin-I am a christian and the kid of a preacher when young as well-and I had OOBE as a child- a pure child and I don't think our father in heaven had any problem with it.

I do wonder about choosing to consciously do this now and what I may be seeking, so I would suggest as the rivergoddess has that you pray about it-ask Him. SO far I've no indication it is against His will to endeavor this and maybe...maybe when I get my act cleaned up a bit I am thinking He can tech me something through it all even...

one never knows...

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

I had an astral question. I was meditating and listening to BWgen, and I felt something incredibly weird. I couldn't feel any part of my body and it felt like something was vibrating but is this the vibrational state that happens before an OBE? I couldn't feel it in my body, more like in my mind. (poor explanation but that's the best I can do) When I realized I didn't know if I was breathing or not, I paniced and came out of it. I can get to that point quickly now but the sensation is less intense and I can't seem to forget about my body. Everytime I feel it, i can't stop myself from trying to feel my body and it fades. Like I said, when it starts, I can't feel my body. I'm just mentally overwhelmed by these vibrations. From what I've read in various places, isn't it supposed to be more physical? Could my mental imagery affected it? (I was in a place menguard calls the "colonies of light". It felt more like temples though.) Any feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated. (like ways to avoid freaking out. Does that pass with time?)

Thanks

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
DAZ...what youir describing sounds like it yes........if you THEN try on focusing on feeling your body you will polarize yourself more firmly within it and you will NOT be able to get out.

I would suggest if OOBE is something you want to experiance, let yourself go farther into the vibrational state, and let the thoughts on your body not become important to you.....you may find yourself outside of your bofy. Once you THINK about your body however you go right back in it. In trying to think about your body so much you will never be able to get out, and let go.....

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
So to go further into the vibrational state do I focus completely on the vibrations? From what I've experienced, distancing my thoughts as far away from my body as possible deepens the feeling. I do want to have an OOBE but it scared the hell out of me when I first felt it because that wasn't my intent. It certainly sparked my interest.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by DemonicAngelZero]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Dont be frightened and go with the flow.. (easy said than done I know) With me I usualy get astral vision and i'll iether be looking at my bed covers or my bedroom floor and I just focus as much as I can and realise that im able to project, then I mentally move myself and snap out of my body. I dont think I even get the vibrations, ive had it once but I never projected, I thought it was a spirit or something, I was able to move my body so it wasnt sleep paralysis but I had this wooshing noise going from my feet to my head several times like someone was holding a big fan and moving it over my body, and it would stop for a few seconds when it got to my head.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join