It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by picratus
reply to post by IamKels

take a look at the letter V. the lowest point is us in the waken state ,where all things [us] are joined as one.when we separate the physical self and the spiritual self --either as dreamers or oobe`s we are still joined together at the lowest point of the v .the 2 arms are the 2 paths or ways -dreamers or seers [oobe] we are able to do both and yet we all usually choose to take the path of least resistance -dreaming is easier .if you every doubt that you will not return just remember to think or say HOME much like ALICE IN WONDERLAND,instantly you will return to the physical body -just remember to turn over and settle in gently or the headache you will get can sometimes be quit massive if this happens just go back to sleep for a while and it will correct itself all on it`s own.i hope this helps you to relax and begin to enjoy.

Wow thank you - that explains it beautifully. I tried it again last night and I could feel something happening then I had fleeting thought (a split second) about not being able to get back got scared and then all sensations immediately stopped.... Damn... Will try again later today

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

edit on 19-4-2012 by IamKels because: Duplicate post

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Thanks for that - puts my mind at ease

What does it feel like? Is it amazing? Is it possible to interact with others while in that state?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Many years ago I was reading a book on Out Of Body Experiences, there were some exercises they recommended but I dont remember what they were now. All I remember was lying on my bed focussing, wanting real bad to be conscious of leaving my body. I noticed the top of my body began "bouncing" up and down while my feet stayed still.I got real excited and as soon as I did the "Bouncing" stopped. I was so dissappointed so I just surrendered and relaxed. After a few minuits I found myself standing upright out of my body. I was so excited!
I had read that you could walk through walls so that was the first thing I did. I put my arm in first and felt like a pressure, I slowlyput the rest of my body in and could see the molecules of the wall as I was passing through it.
The amazing thing was that instead of coming out the other side of the wall I found myself in a tunnel of Light, it was sparkling and it tingled! M phone rang and I found myself ack in my body, most annoyed at being disturbed during my experience. I have never been able to do that again but I will never forget that tunnel of Light!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IamKels

quit being afraid -fear is your worst enemy as it will stop and hold you from finding that which you are seeking .fear does not really exist as it is something that we are all taught from day 1 from mom dad and the rest .think on this things that go bump in the night or the nightmare we are all told they are not real and yet we all experience them and what are the lies we are told they do not exist go back to sleep but it was your dream or nightmare not theirs .and you wonder why we all love horror stories as we were all told not to believe in them and [anything else that we can not explain] dreamers seers oobe `s and yet we can all do them . unique are we not ,remember the old style hymm from the movies ,greater words of wisdom have never been spoken -WE SHALL OVERCOME.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Well can you give me some pointers on Astral Projecting, It seemed to happen naturally I cant control it, what you talking about like going for a little magic carpet ride, jhee I saw past life karma, some evil prince and im all spitting bars like "this machavellis second round, accidently step on snails but im down with nature a thousand failures tied up nailed to chambers" if you can teach me how you do it lemme know cause i get all that stuff from em, when THEY wanna LET ME??

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urbanshadow
reply to post by zxcvbn

Hello again! Im really sorry, I have been so busy I havent had time to u2u you just yet, but I will try to over the weekend.
I have something for you to try though.

You have to be somewhere comfortable (you can be laying down, or sitting down somewhere) preferably not to be disturbed, with no distractions and no one else in the room. I want you to imagine that you are in a small room, and in front of you, is a closed blind (shade) on a window. I want you in your mind, to walk over to the window, and open the shade.

The window/shade/blind can be whatever shape or colour you like, and you can imagine it either closed or open, and try to do the opposite to what it is in your imagination.

This is an exercise on how well you can focus on something...it isnt easy to do this.. but, keep trying....please let me know how you get on, and I'll u2u you as soon as I get a chance
)
edit on 23-3-2012 by Urbanshadow because: Typo!

Hello friend !! Sorry to bother you again, if you could please just write a little more information ...
I have tried your exercise , sometimes I can focus for a long time ...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zxcvbn

To be honest, everyone has the same information, all techniques are practically the same, it's all just framed differently and has personal preference and belief woven in. The only difference I notice is that some techniques have more of a "meditation" spin to them, and others come from the angle of remaining aware during our natural biological functions. No amount of explanation or advice will really help all that much, it's just something you have to keep trying. Unfortunately, there's no stepladder of progress when it comes to astral projection, no "step one, do this, step two, do this, step three, you are out of body!", even if it's presented that way, it's a best case scenario. Most of the time it's just luck. Just learn as much as you can about every aspect of the experience. Read the wikipedia pages on astral projection, sleep paralysis, REM sleep, and so on and so forth.

Also check out Realtruth's thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He's very straight forward with his experience. I find reading other peoples descriptions of the process to be more helpful than reading about the techniques themselves.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

Thank you man for replying. I have seen a lot information about astral projection, dreaming, REM, however I haven't done it yet, or I don't remember. At some point reading that a lot of people talk about their experiences you can see that not everyone of them truly experience something. I keep asking those who have done it, because I think another problem is how to remember it.I only remember the last dream I see before waking up, I don't know a damn about what I see in other cycles of dreaming. I agree with you, that is a question about luck.Trying is only a thing that will make higher the odds. I saw the topic of realtruth, sounds nice and gives hope when see other people really have done it.I hope that we will project soon

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think it's possible to not remember it. Even if you subscribe to the idea that we leave our bodies each night to "recharge", the whole idea of an OBE is that you are conscious. The way I've always interpreted that theory is that you are just barely hovering out of body during sleep. I don't think we are out flying around experiencing all sorts of things and then just not remembering it. So I wouldn't worry about that aspect so much. Just focus on dissociating from your body. If you've never had sleep paralysis before, it's very similar to the feeling you get when you roll over on your arm and it goes to sleep, it's just all over. Luck, and attention to detail when falling asleep is the key. I know it's frustrating, but keep at it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I know it's going to sound crude, but what part of you do you want yanked? You are conscious because information is passing from one receptor to the next in your brain. There are no receptors out there. No place to store memories out there.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hello, theRiverGoddes, nice thread, iv joined ats only because of this thread.

im interested in 3rd eye and astral projection since im 12, but never managed to do it consciously (i made only small progress since iv joined here. ill write about it later) yet

Originally posted by jiggerj

I know it's going to sound crude, but what part of you do you want yanked? You are conscious because information is passing from one receptor to the next in your brain. There are no receptors out there. No place to store memories out there.

To which post are you referring? theRiverGoddes 1st post ?

Its the astral body that should be ''Helped out'' out of the sleeping body. They call it Yanking here, in this thread.

and ofcourse you have memories out there, in the astral body.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

This thread is years old. She's already had her request granted, apparently.

How does it work? Who knows. Yes, that is how we are physically conscious, but the perception during an OBE is that you are in fact conscious without your body. True, it could all be taking place inside our heads, as some kind of complex lucid dream, but many who have experienced both find them to be very different. It's something that needs to be tested, for sure. But most people aren't skilled enough to recreate the experience at will, therefore testing is really difficult.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hombre
Hello, theRiverGoddes, nice thread, iv joined ats only because of this thread.

im interested in 3rd eye and astral projection since im 12, but never managed to do it consciously (i made only small progress since iv joined here. ill write about it later) yet

To which post are you referring? theRiverGoddes 1st post ?

Its the astral body that should be ''Helped out'' out of the sleeping body. They call it Yanking here, in this thread.

and ofcourse you have memories out there, in the astral body.

Astral body? As in flesh n' bone n' brains????

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Unfortunately she won't be able to reply to your post since she is no longer with us, RIP.

At least now she's in a better position than you to know wether conciousnes is more than just a brain or not.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Wow, I was unaware that she had passed away. Was an announcement made somewhere on the forum by a close friend or something? Or was it just passed along privately? Sad to hear it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgenstern89
Wow, I was unaware that she had passed away. Was an announcement made somewhere on the forum by a close friend or something? Or was it just passed along privately? Sad to hear it.

Yes there was a thread about it.
I'll look for it now.

Edit: here's the thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-5-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

phonix i`m not sure if it was the goddess that passed or her sister last time i read her facebook note it was her mother that was sick ,i`ll correct myself if i go back into facebook later .

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by picratus

phonix her daily horoscope is still coming up daily unless someone is doing it on her place or it is automatic.this is on facebook i`ll email her and see .

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Oh wow. Very sad to read that thread. Her experience here was the reason I finally joined the forum after years of lurking. I kind of feel better though, knowing she had experienced these things before hand. I hope it eased any fears.

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join