It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Dear friend, I have also had a few OBEs, very rarely indeed, about one per year.
They are in fact AMAZING experiences, due to the vividness and the awake awareness of the experience!

In one, I even look for proof to confirm that it was real, and it was.
However, I cannot trigger them by wish, or when I have them, I have difficulty controlling the moves of my body. But they are amazing experiences, with such a great joy. And yes, in a few I was with one spirit guide. OBEs look so real, way more real than lucid dreams.

reply to post by theRiverGoddess

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Some people lay claim that an OOBE is nothing more than searching your innermost mind & soul....that is is an INNER journey.....I don't subscribe to that train of thought at all...
I think searching your innermost soul is what deeper states of meditation are, and anyone can do this by meditating somewhat regularly. Some people use this deeper form of meditation as a spring board to an full blown OUT of body experience, but if you do not feel yourself leaving your body you have not gone anywhere at all.

In my OOBE adventures I CLEARLY come 'out' of my physical self, and can SEE MY BODY laying in bed as I float around my actual room, and out my actual window. When going 'through' things like windows and walls there are smells and tastes associated with this that are UNDENIABLE experiences of going through something of the physical world.
Hence my core belief that OOBE is in truth and adventure outside of your physical self, and not some inner journey.

If you think its only an inner journey then I do not believe you have ever had a genuine REAL OOBE........deep inner journeys can seem somewhat like an OOBE, but in fact they are 2 very different things. Both being a journey into the strange and unique, but one is an inner journey and the OOBE is defiantly outside of the physical self.....true PROOF of the existence of a soul, and life beyond the death of the physical body....
only proof to the experiencer, unless it is in a clinical setting such as THE MONROE INSTITUTE....where they have gathered undeniable proof galore over the years.

WELCOME to the thread segurelha
....I am glad your here to share your insights with the rest of us !

[edit on 27-10-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
you know i have been reading this oob thing for a while. It's a real interesting subject. I don't have the wisdom, nor the patience to meditate so i don't think i will ever be able to achieve it. I wish it was straightforward so i could escape my body and travel places when i go to sleep. be able to travel back to the us and see m wife and kids. Oh well i guess there is always hope.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I want to have an oobe! Someone come yank me out of my body! You have this adults full permission! U2u me if you need to.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

it could be that sonatas view of Pandora`s box is wrong.in this our so called perfect world that we have created for ourselves fear and chaos reign supreme -as there is no peace ,calm ,wisdom or any of the other great things that we were all preached were to be ours .and where are the great peacekeepers in our world -there are none as they all serve an insane group of madmen who are hell bent on our destruction claiming it to be gods will or way,SAY WHAT.
Pandora`s box is not full of evil as we were told it is the new path that we as a species are about to partake of ,what we are doing is only the beginning,it is time to throw off the shackles that bind us to the past -lies deceptions ,religions and so on ,great changes need to take place but as long as the churches hold you in their grip of fear and terror you could never rise up into the higher realms of spirituality.
great bumper stickers wisdom !
atheism cures religious terrorism .
how true -no more wars over faith religion or beliefs.and the threat of terrorists ends .
within us all there is something that most people can not explain -dreams that become real in our waking lives-aunt visited and said good-bye ,phone rang to receive message confirming her death.
oobe that we can not explain to others and yet we strive to teach others about these 2 new found freedoms.
dreams of future events that we see and then it happens somewhere in this our world ,still we cannot explain.and yet we tell others and they laugh .
those who have the sight who see and talk to the departed who in turn help the police to close a missing person or death ,
PANDORA`S BOX or incredible gifts that are locked away within us all ,so why not insert the key and unleash this knowledge ,no one could tell us we`re are evil or that we are going to burn and so on no more lies from them.
don't kill -so we make war and fund it ,we have all sent a lot of young men to the grave for god and for country ,my god is LOVE not death, nor is he fear or terror.and our priests do what other than cower in fear as they all did nothing to stop it .
we unleashed the fire that will destroy everything-germ ,chemical ,nuclear ,biological .atomic warfare and energy-god we all listened well ,and we paid for it -remember your governments words we are all acceptable losses ,considering that they have their bomb shelters and we the people are forbidden them by their laws.
money the root of all evil so true and who controls the banks and the huge corporations -our lying churches do as they are the bankers and they have been for centuries ask the Christ why he threw over their tables it is because they are the banks but then they control what is written in the holy books and they change it at their whim and fancy.false profits ,freedom of info on share owner ship will let you know the truth
MISSING - Christs teachings ,2 Marys books and how about Judas books ,he who was the Christs best friend ,something is wrong .
what was it he said be as i have been learn as i have learned become as i have become - this cannot be done without his actual teachings which the great churches of the world seem to have lost conveniently on us.
1 day and wake up and this is it- spirituality is not found in a building or within religious doctrine and dictatorship it is within us all ,so why do we need them or follow them anymore considering that they have led us to believe that we are all so evil and yet they are so pure even though they wrote the worlds history in the blood of all others nations and people and we followed oh so blindly -the men in black are not as saintly as they profuse them selves to be now are they .
so why do we follow and dream their dream [NIGHTMARE ] that they helped us make why not open the box and see what is within us all ,killroy said look out and see what you can see and learn so why not reverse it and look within to see the truth that we are the light and it is time to enlighten one another ,now take a look at yourself and see if you can see the light within it is not lead through fear and terror,it knows right from wrong and it follows no one who goes against what you were all taught not to do .it deals with truth wisdom and knowledge only -it does not pay to be saved it accepts that it made mistakes and it learns from them not to do it again .interesting view within was it not so now take a look at others from all over this world as they are no different than you and yet you are told they are your enemy so go forth and kill ,i have no enemies i only have brain dead leaders who use war for 2 reasons world population control and money .no other reason.
you have to love the living hell we created here on earth for our selves ,being the slaves that we are to lies-i love Pandora`s box as there is no evil only light -TRUTH.
BUT WHEN THE TRUTH IS KNOWN THE DARKNESS DIES.SO EMBRACE THE TRUTH.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by picrat

I'm with you there! The western population is starting to come to the realisation that we are all connected. It's like something is waking up within all of us.
I am aware that money is in fact evil. At first that may seem like a weird concept, because money is just a tool. But it's not just a tool, it's a lie.
Money tells us that we are separate and that we need something external to make unidirectional actions balance back in the opposite direction. That is a lie because what you do to or for somebody else affects them and you in equal measure. Money is redundant in this function and actually unbalances the affects or benefits of the action.
Money also tells us that we need something to assign value to ourselves and each other. That is of course a lie and it is part of what creates the truly insidiously enforced arbitrary, imagined hierarchy within society. We are all people and yet almost everyone is considered as below others. As a result, respect for ourselves is full of holes and rotten bits. Respect for each other is a confused mess of uncertainty and imbalance.
But that's starting to change. We are evolving, or something similar.

Is English your first or second language?

[edit on 5/11/2009 by Recouper]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

The dates don't add up how could you be seven days with out tabacco 1 day after the experience, due to the experience a day ago.

Refering to OP.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I learned a new lesson yesterday: Don't ask for assisstance too soon.

Last night, I asked for help out of my body, but was not at the phase where I was to "disconnect" from my body yet. I was jsut relaxed, laying down. Well, I aksed for assisstance thinking it might come later (in 20 to 30 minutes), but I felt the vibrations in about 2 to 3 minutes! My body wasn't even asleep yet. I tried my best to relax as much as I could and let the vibrations take over, but my mind wouldn't be quiet. So, after about 5-10 minutes, the vibrations subsided, and I was left laying there, body asleep, mind awake, still in my body.

I feel bad now, because I feel that I wasted the time of whoever was trying to help me out. But, if it wasn't someone else, and was just my higher self, then I wouldn't feel so bad. I guess I'll never know who/what is was...

After that incident, I tried getting out myself, but couldn't reach the stage of vibrations much. So I went to sleep.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
ive tried a good 5 times but not yet have i acheived one, i wouldnt mind a yank out because this will change my life

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hardstyleaz

it is amassing so sound asleep--- and yet so wide awake -- oh so close .nest time you find yourself at this point try rolling out it is much easier that is all you had to to .then sit up stand up turn around and take a look at your self ,you were so close .

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

the trick to the dream time is -NOT TO WAKE UP IN IT -/.the trick is to catch yourself dreaming -meaning that your conscientiousness knows that the body is asleep and yet your mind realizes that you are asleep and awake at the same time ,this is how your mind will begin to differentiate between them -SLEEP or DREAM. one is slumber the other is freedom of spirit.
instead of being in such a hurry to get out to explore, stay there raise your hands and examine them as if you were using your eyes [this is how it will appear to you] it is your mind that is exploring and not your eyes.watch them as to how simple and yet complex they are as you move your fingers ,you will begin to notice that as they move you will see even the slightest of movement inside the hand even how perfectly in unison every part of them moves .it is a simple lesson in that everything you are striving to do can be done but you need to quite the inner voice -thought of the mind-daily life -.
the hand trick is to teach you how be think and be still at the same time as your minds full thought are on the hands and not the minds worries or thoughts ,at a certain point your mind will stop everything and the body`s inner self's knowledge will begin to assert itself -meaning that you learn by watching not thinking at a certain point in time you will become so mesmerized by what you are seeing that time stands still -the utter amazement that you will begin to see will so enthrall you that you cannot take your eyes off of them ,you will then begin to feel and see the true beauty and complexity of your hands that you will hear random thought s within in your own voice ,SILENCE IS GOLDEN.
the one thing that we do stress here is that you do a lot of reading on these subjects : power is knowledge and knowledge is power.combine them.
Monroe -journeys out of the body.
the books on the journeys of Johnathon Livingston seagull.
Carlos Castaneda.
Florinda Donner

for the women -Lynn v. Andrews series gentle men these books are a little easier than Castaneda or donners and the list is growing .
for the cub it is small let it think and be still - WATCH ,LISTEN LEARN simple.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Recouper

English is my first and only language ,with the exception of some basic french and yet i can sit and listen to all other languages and i seem to be able to pick up and out the most part of what is being said with about 90% accuracy.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by picrat

I just hit your first post on page 83.... So, you've had some top notch guidance from some of the best native American teachers of this field. Wow, I bet you've got some great stories you could tell.

Perhaps you can answer a question I have... I wasn't going to ask any questions until I had finished reading the entire thread, but for this question I've changed my mind.
Can people who are skilled in OOBE use those skills to help this world become a better place?

Actually, if anybody feels they have an answer to that or they can provide insight, please do.

[edit on 10/11/2009 by Recouper]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I want to invite anyone studying or practicing OBE to take this quick survey: click!

I'm gathering data trying to find common patterns between the people most successful with OBE to date. When I find any such patterns, I'll post them here in a new thread. Thanks for answering accurately and honestly.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Even though I have not yet achieved an OBE, I've come very close once or twice, and I've become lucid n dreams about 3 times (for very short periods of time) But I have done your very quick questionaire

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Recouper

we can not only influence change we can initiate it ,in the dream time the mirrors and facades that we all hide behind do not exist,there is no lying allowed -remember the bible states that all truths shall be known in the dream time they shed the face that they show the world and it is false, we can meet with and speak to them and it does not matter whether they speak and understand our language ,what i say is translated into their language and vice versa.-,it seems that we all speak the same language in the dream time.
can we physically touch something -yes ,can we move things physical -yes ,can we bring things bank with us both physical and non physical -yes.

example during my early teachings i was told that the medicine bag that i was making was to be kept close to me as there are forces out there that will try to harm you correction-keep me from following this path that i freely chose to follow.

one night my bed was actually picked up at the head board end it was only on 1 leg and there was something in the room that was incredibly black -shape doing it . i thought come and the medicine bag that was hanging on my closet door which was 10 feet away was instantly in my hand ,i still was not awake i was still dreaming when i reached in side it and grabbed one of the crystals out of it it instantly formed into a sword - there is much truth in the legend of the sword in the stone ,it is not just a story as there is more to it than meets the eye -it is not just a story it is true. as soon as i had that sword the bed was lowered to the ground without a sound and whatever it was that was there left instantly ,it never came back ,i woke up just in time to feel the bed going down and the medicine bag was in my hand and the crystal was in the other hand ,and i was still under my covers in the bed.
hope this hepls.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Wow! Back on page 87 and about a year and a half ago you had a theory which when reading made my skin crawl. I found it so profound that even when ignoring somebody, we may be interacting and conversing with them above our normal consciousness. We might think we really don't like or care about somebody and yet the truth might be we love them like family and care deeply for them and we're simply too ignorant of our true selves to realize.

The implications of that make me feel dizzy. Think about people interacting with each other in society, in their own little roles as policemen, property managers, bankers, call centre operators, ER surgeons... and what they might be blocking out and turning their backs on, how even the most switched on and engaging person could be completely denying the truth about those interactions.

Our astral selves chatting away with each other beyond our accepted perception... What an amazing image....

Thank you TRG.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining

The dates don't add up how could you be seven days with out tabacco 1 day after the experience, due to the experience a day ago.

Refering to OP.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by StopComplaining]

OK I looked back at the first page and it does look skeewompus in the timeline so let me please clarify.
I HAD been working SUPER HARD at attempting to bring on OOBE for close to a month prior to tossing my hands in the air and asking for a yank out....I had tried very consistently for close to 30 years but SOMETIMES in my life would focus MUCH HARDER than other times..I was not TOTALLY FOCUSED on an OOBE at all times, and I would try harder sometimes more than others....the past month was one of those 'serious focus' periods, and I even went so far as to quit smoking cold turkey 6 days prior to asking for said YANK OUT, and was feeling kinda bummed that even THIS had not seemed to bring on an OOBE.
Sooooo I posted this thread asking for this HUGE HELP, and after it worked out so well, this added impetus to my quit, as The Yanker had asked me MANY questions the night prior, to decide if they would in fact help me or not and they were ADAMANT that I must remain quit.
After the BIG YANK I was then double fold determined in my quit, and posted about "how this very experience it the reason I quit"

............because my OOBE desire was the reason for the quit those days prior.......and having The Yanker tell me I must stay quit to be a more pure vessel, had me thinking enough on it that I posted about it it being 7 days since my quit.
I hope that answers your question on timeline.

Funny thing about quitting to be able to do this however, is that Robert Monroe was in fact a big smoker.
Also about 8 months after my quit that time around I started up AGAIN, and it took me close to 3 years to let go of it again.....and during the smoking time I did in fact have SOME experiences despite smoking......

AWWWWWW Recouper....about your post right above this one........

MY Higher Self recognizes the Divinity in YOUR Higher Self,
and I believe all of our Higher Selves are looking down at the interactions of our bodily game pieces and smiling with pure LOVE & UNDERSTANDING....and this gives me chills.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I had my first fully lucid dream last night. I worked out what my trigger is to wake me up. It's when I use a computer or a phone, or the remote control for the TV. Nothing does what I want it to do, and I realise I'm dreaming. I used to just get frustrated, but then i realised what I was seeing, maybe I was being shown the way out.
Last night I thought, ok, I could be dreaming, I'll jump in the air and stay up there. I jumped, and stayed for just a second, before floating back down very gently. I knew that wasn't normal, so I decided to have a little fly around the room I was in. It worked, I remembered in the book I've been reading (Astral Travel for beginers by Richard Webster) it said that with the first out of body type experience, it's probably best to stay within the place that you're in.
But I thought, screw that, flew straight through the wall, and up off into space. I went past the moon, and realised I'd kind of wanted to go there, so I just swooped down and had a little fly about. I think I was flying too fast to see much detail. When I landed, I had a little walk about, and before I knew it, I was aware of my body in bed, and back there I was. I wanted to see if there was any buildings on it, I'll be back!!

What an amazing experience, I've been trying for a while, and this is the closest I've come to having anything close to a conscious oobe. And I hope that it spurs me on to actually have them as a recreational fun learning experience. Maybe it'll also give me the reason to quit smoking also. (not that I need a reason, it's a disgusting habit, if I had any sense at all, I'd chuck what I have got in the bin, and punch myself in the face a few times for being stupid) I've been feeling the "I should really quit" urge for a while, maybe I'm telling myself something.

One last thing, I don't normally remember my dreams in great detail, but when I've been out down the pub, and gotten hammered, I remember them, and remember seeing the trigger, I usually wake up as soon as I see it. But alchohol is definatly a factor in last nights experience. I thought that anything like that was supposed to stop you doing this. Maybe it's just me, I always do things arse about face. (I do aswell, I have a "unique" approach to this world I live in)

Anyway, fun

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join