It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth 2100

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Ya' all ought to be watching this:
abcnews.go.com...
It's on now.
It explains why I picked this name, among other things.
Thanks for watching......

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I found this to be a failure of truth, at best.

It's a Ceteris paribus simulation. Therefore, it is unreasonably silly and fails at realism.

Ok, lets take food first. Food can't run out. Nations are building vertical farms and genetic engineering makes pests impossible to take over. Much more, space farms are likely to be made LONG before that.

Water can't raise that high. Don't forget, we need water too. The second one area runs short, we pump it there en mass. Water also will remain low because of the fact that heat dries up the planet. That requires water, which sucks it out of the environment. Either by our hands or others.

Disease? My God, did medical knowledge completely stop June 2nd 2009? Half the problems in this story will be dead problems in the next decade.

Energy? The US and Chinese will compete with their moon bases and space farms. Most one's produced makes the most food. Not to mention the energy from the moon is enough to solve the entire energy crisis of the word.

The facts are simple Ceteris paribus simulations have always and will always fail at everything they try to fear monger about. This was no different. It failed to take into the fact that 10 years from now virtually every problem in that fairy tale will be solved. It failed to take into the fact that within 15 years we will be off this rock. It failed to take into the fact that Earth is far strong than that.

Failure on such proportions is simply irresponsible by ABC.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I am watching it is interesting.
Thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Thanks guys.
I agree, its alot to swallow.
It seems to be heavily dramatized, but its TV after all.
I thought it would be a little more informative and less narrative
but it is what it is, a warning.
I beleive the reason it may be real is all these problems
are happeneing AT ONCE.
Individually we could deal with these.
Collectively, forget it. We are way to selfish and greedy.
Also, dont forget overpopulation.
Which we seem to think will never be a problem.
With the weird weather, it is getting alot harder to grow food I tells ya.
No fuel, no food. I hope I am wrong. Oil wont last forever.
We use it like we think it will.
Course it would only take one big enough asteroid anyway.....
I say enjoy and appreciate your life today, it could be gone tomorrow.
Is all I'm sayin'.
Have a good one and thanks for the stars and flags!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

But all those problems are pretty much solved with technology.

Also, overpopulation is not an issue that can be solved. Controlling sex is impossible and telling people how to control their sexual behavior results in simply sexual revolution.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm surprised all the people on the show haven't already killed themselves with all that self loathing and despair. I guess nothing positive will ever happen again in the whole of humanity.

Jeez.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Thank you for that. Its a sticky one!

I know we are very resourcefull and will probably find a way through.
But it probably wont be either pretty or anything like it is now.
I honestly feel we have seen our best days. I am sorry I feel that way G.
We will probably only see more squandering and fighting over whats left of the earths resources. You know kind of like now, only worse.
I will miss the polar bears the most.
www.youtube.com...

Also what about the unknown factors?
Such as melting permafrost due to warming, adding even more methane!

[edit on 2-6-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I suppose some may look at it that way.
And some look at it as a hugely big challenge is all.
(like the rest of life usually is)

Keep on keepin' on

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I watched the last hour of this. Propaganda at it's finest! They're trying to scare you into loving and begging for all this 'green' crap TPTB are basically shoving down our throats right now. I'm sure Al Gore loved every minute of it
Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MetatronCubensis

Ah, there it is as to be expected.
THIS is why we're screwed.
Go have a tea party or something, and keep driving your bummer
while you can still afford it. And can still breathe.
Easy to blame others, hard to fix, of course.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
You had to love that Roman Empire or Easter Island example. It was interesting how they used the idea that too many people equated into overuse of all resources and devastation would follow quickly. Kind of like an underlying idea that there are too many people in this world and we are ruining it for ourselves. We have the technology to change a lot of what we have done, without disposing of humanity and cutting down our consumption. To believe we are truly doomed is just sensationalism at its finest.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Half hour left! You know the ironic thing about it?
This is all already happening! The disease, the environmental
degradation. Yes medical advances are phenomenal, however
there is no cure for stupidity. Or greed.

True ANtmax, but the odds aint good either.
Extinctions happen, like you know what.....

[edit on 2-6-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have to say I watched the first few minutes of it and when the people they were interviewing were people from The CFR and various people associated with Green movements I could help but think Propaganda film at its finest.

The thing that did it for me is that there is still more ice covering the earth than there has been in the past. That has yet to be explained.

I had to turn the channel. I'm not saying that we don't need to protect the environment, but I started hearing them say will American's go for it and blah blah blah, what about China and India between those two countries they have a third of the worlds population.

How come when ever these green things pop up its always America that is made out to be evil.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

You don't seriously believe everything they told you in that show do you? If anything we're probably going into a little ice age.. so the sea levels they talked about are a joke. So much bogus info in there, I should have taken notes. Like somebody else said, most of that technology is already being used now. The part about spraying the skies just backed up the governments admission that they're chemtrailing us already and playing god in the skies. Do you really want your whole house and way of life controlled by the government? This whole show was an ad for carbon taxes.
oh and polar bears can swim, so as long as there is ice they will most likely find it.

hastobemoretolife - that's exactly what I thought!

[edit on 2-6-2009 by MetatronCubensis]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I just finished watching Earth 2100 and I kinda have mixed feelings about it. Part of me thinks that this another way to put fear into people and start paving the road to increase cost to the American people to "Green up the Earth." The other part of me thinks that the program was a good way to bring awareness to people to wake up and stand together to make some big changes before things get that bad! I know we humans are doing a lot to hurt the environment but I also believe that the Earth goes through changes every so often and we are heading for one of these changes regardless of what we change. Fear is another way to keep control. I did take notice to a few things that I didn't really give thought to before though. Very surprising to me that they put this show out there on one of the prime stations. Maybe this is a global awakening to the changes that have begun and what could happen in the not so far off future!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm not even going there.
I have tons of info on my threads and posts.
Nevermind, its all good peeps.
Have fun and propagate and live long and prosper
and all that. Cheers!
Oh and thanks for the posts!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Thanks

For the most part we could simply bio engineer bacteria that only eat methane and poop out something useful. That could also be good practice for sending such things over to Mars, and using it on the CO2.

Also, I believe the polar bear genome is nearly mapped or something. It won't go extinct, we'll just clone more.

That's also a solution to oil. Methane, with some technology, can be turned into all kinds of plastics and oils. SO again, something bad turned into something good.

Anything seen as bad can be easily used to produce something good and profitable, eliminating the bad. Hell, we might become in a position where we would be encouraged to use more oil so we can export it to Mars, paying companies and producing jobs.

The thought of the world collapsing is laughable. Tell me any almost any problem and I'll tell you how to make it profitable and eliminate the problem.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Gorman91]

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
So much bull.
I saw the ride through Las Vegas.

Las Vegas in all probability would have the most reason
and money and impetus to incorporate Tesla technology
to power all their lights and make rain besides.

That town is not as dumb as ABC and the Illuminati pipe dreamers
that shape stupidity into our futures.

It was enough with the von Braun lies and Moon Landings.

new topics

top topics

join