It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Will Run Out Of Cash In 14 Days!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Outs! - Thats bad... Saviour of human kind - Terminator - has terminate his state wealth... I think he will not be back this time

The state wallet is empty. The bank closed. Credit has dried up, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger told lawmakers in a special Tuesday morning address at the Capitol.

“California’s day of reckoning is here,” he said. With no action, the state will run out of cash in 14 days. Three months after the state budget was approved, California faces a $24 billion deficit.

Schwarzenegger has already proposed massive cuts to education, health care and prisons. Now he’s looking for structural reform to make government more efficient and stretch taxpayer dollars.

He’s asked the State Board of Education, for example, to make textbooks available in digital formats — a move that could save millions.

www.bizjournals.com...

Recession - Depression - Destruction... - Terminator!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Jeez, that is some sobering news for any Californian. I can't believe they are in such bad shape and it's downright pathetic. Can you say government bailout is in the works? That debt is phenomenal! It would stink to be Californian. Get ready to get taxed to epic proportions.
Cuts will do some good but they have pay down that debt. That is like the guillotine hanging over the states' head and the rope holding it up is becoming untethered. Very scary time.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Man, what a shame. Lets hope that the same people who bought Hummer dont try to "buy" California!

Who is buying Hummer?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Schwarzenegger has already proposed massive cuts to education, health care and prisons.

So we are going to have stupid kids, sick people, and criminals runing around because Schwarzenegger can't handle the states finances?

Man, this is why celebrities shouldn't run for office.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
it's the choice they made

Illegal Immigration Costs California Over Ten Billion Annually
usgovinfo.about.com... don't cry for me Argentina.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Hrmm, lets see if they enforced immigration policy they would halve the deficit instantly.

Books in electronic form aren't going to cut it. This is on the scale of billions a few million ain't going to do anything. No there won't be any federal bailouts coming it would be political suicide for Obama and friends. And we all know his re-election hopes are more important than his "friends".

Well California made their bed and its time for them to sleep in it. Hopefully they will sink yes it will suck for the rest of the country, but people are going to want to know why they failed and when they make the connection that California policy is what Obama is trying to do everybody's attitude will shift on what needs to be done.

Well Cali have fun. Can't really say I feel sorry for them.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

oh did you notice that was written in 2004 if they had stopped the illegal immigrant"soup kitchen" then they would be 25 billion to the good by now!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
maybe if california deported all the millions of mexicans that are here illegally then some money would be freed up. But thats just me.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Illegals mostly work for less than minimum wage. Kicking them out and replacing them with legal labor may actually worsen the deficit. Not to mention mass arrests and deportations will cost millions in labor and probable overtime pay, in addition to creating an umanageable logistical nightmare. How could you round up, detain and deport several million people from one state in a short period of time, especially since a significant number will just come right back?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Looks like they're calling the bluff of the taxpayers. Sorry California, looks like you going to see gargantuan taxes from now on. It's a hostage situation. I can hear them now... "once they see how bad we can make it on them, they'll be begging to pay more taxes".

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

The 'great liberal experiment' California is too big to fail. And it won't be Californians who pay for it. We all will and California will continue to spend and spend and spend and spend and spend ad infinitum.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Not only do they work for less than minimum wage, but they also send a lot of that money out of the country. They only buy what they need to get by for the most part.

It isn't hard, you send the paddy wagon around pick them all up put them on a bus and send the bus across the boarder to be dropped off. They already know where to pick them up at.

Keeping them from coming from back in is easy, just enforce the immigration laws that we have. It wouldn't be a logistical nightmare, its really simple.

Most illegals work under the the table, which means most of them don't pay taxes, replacing them with legal labor will employ American's.

Sorry, but I'd rather American citizens have American Jobs not illegals. The only reason why it would be a "logistical nightmare" is because the bleeding hearts don't want to take the correct steps to deal with the problem.

Anyway Cali is about to collapse and a lot of it has to do with illegal immigration and we are all going to feel the shockwaves. So whatever, when you're struggling to find a job and you can't find one because some illegal immigrant has taken your job maybe your attitude will change. Or when you do find a job and it doesn't pay nearly enough you can blame an illegal immigrant for that too.

Sorry I don't have sympathy for people that break legitimate laws.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Get ready for the next round of bailouts, The bailout the states program!
Thats right California will be first followed by numerous others, Michigan, NJ, NY etc.
This affects everyone, not only Californians, Our taxes our going to be unfathomable!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

Naw, Obama doesn't have that kind of political capital to bailout California. Not to mention it would be challenged in the Supreme Court almost immediately. There is no telling what would happen if he did that.

Cali isn't getting bailout that's political suicide for the Dem's.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006
Get ready for the next round of bailouts, The bailout the states program!
Thats right California will be first followed by numerous others, Michigan, NJ, NY etc.
This affects everyone, not only Californians, Our taxes our going to be unfathomable!
yep..nj I feel will be in the top 3..

The stress of illeagals,is a multi fronted proble,,
Healthcare..Hospitals are going bankrupt,and differing their bills to legal citizens..Look at your insurance bills..Just because they HAVE to absorb the costs incured by those who cant pay..And who pays,you and I..Less money we have the less we put back into the system..

stealing of wages from americans that put money back into the system,wether be it shopping and income tax..

law enforcment..if they werent here,cops and emt's wouldnt have to work such long hours and over time on the citys bill..

Many other problems..

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You know I had to go broke myself before I learned to live within my means. If California is smart they will tighten their belt but alas I fear more of my money will get stolen to pay for I mean bailout California to babysit their whiny impotent constituents.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Put California on Ebay. Let's see what we can get for it.

Might offer up Massachusetts, New York City, and Washington, DC as well.

The Confederate States of America is looking better and better every day. Not one dollar going from one state to bail out another's foolish, irresponsible financial behavior.

A Confederacy which reinstates the Tenth Amendment, eliminates welfare, goes to a flat tax, and runs out illegals would be one popular government.

I can see about 35-40 states joining. The others wouldn't be worth the trouble.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
As a Californian I have to say I've seen this coming for a while now.

Who remembers Gray Davis? We recalled that guy thinking we would elect someone w/ conservative fiscal principles (I'm not using conservative interchangeably w/ republican here, there really is a difference in this day and age). Instead we got more of the same and are even worse off. It is mind boggling to me how quickly this giant d-bag is ready to spend.

What's worse, is we have our representatives voting themselves a raise while furloughing State employees. It's clear CA's tax payers are not represented.

I tried to stay and fight the good fight but it's nearing time for me to GTFO of here.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Protostellar

You are welcome here in Texas. Some of us still believe in civil and financial freedom here.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Protostellar

And that is the problem that Cali is going to face next. They are going to tax the state into oblivion and people that can move out of the state will move out of the state.

Then they are going to have riots on there hands. Crazy times we live in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join