It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Vaccine Advisor Pockets $29 Million Promoting Vaccines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

CDC Vaccine Advisor Pockets $29 Million Promoting Vaccines

www.chemtrailcentral.com

(NaturalNews) Dr. Paul Offit of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) received at least $29 million from his share of royalties for Merck's Rotateq vaccine after using his position with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to ensure that childhood vaccination with the vaccine became compulsory.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.naturalnews.com

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This is disgusting.

Dr. Paul Offit (Section of Infectious Diseases of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia) received a nice sum after using his position to promote his own products...

29 million dollars made on baby's backs.

How could we let that happen?
Is there any commission making sure this kind of corruption does not occur?

www.chemtrailcentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Another glaring reason why the CDC and the FDA cannot be trusted. I am upset and worried, however I am not surprised. We can't even fight because the government bends our arms behind our backs and takes our children away shouting "neglect" and "abuse".

Edit: typing on an iPod, many mistakes.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by fbnks]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
pediatrics.about.com...

RotaTeq prevents severe cases of rotavirus gastroenteritis caused by different serotypes of rotavirus. In research studies, RotaTeq prevented 74 percent of all cases of rotavirus gastroenteritis, 98 percent of severe cases, and 96 percent of hospitalizations.

Expecting to get flamed: Preventing 98% of severe cases and 96% of hospitalizations due to a stomach infection is amazing. Way to go, for this guy. Imagine if we could prevent 98% of the flu.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
pediatrics.about.com...

RotaTeq prevents severe cases of rotavirus gastroenteritis caused by different serotypes of rotavirus. In research studies, RotaTeq prevented 74 percent of all cases of rotavirus gastroenteritis, 98 percent of severe cases, and 96 percent of hospitalizations.

Expecting to get flamed: Preventing 98% of severe cases and 96% of hospitalizations due to a stomach infection is amazing. Way to go, for this guy. Imagine if we could prevent 98% of the flu.

While that may be true, this still sets a very dangerous precedent. To me the key word is compulsory. We are never exactly sure what else they put in them vaccines. While yes, they do work, who knows what other crazy chemicals are being pumped into every one of our children? I believe at one time, vaccines were how they were supposed to be. Then one day, somebody decided that a great way to put something into somebody that doesn't want it is to do it right from birth and make it mandatory.

These preservatives that are highly toxic and to me just show they are out to make money instead of caring for our well being. Why not remove the harmful preservatives and give us a clean, unadulterated vaccine? That to me would make sense. But nope. Instead they put some very, very scary things into it and expect us to not care.

Even if they gave us the option to pay more for a clean vaccine, since they would lose some money due to shelf life and expiration, and I would be fine. At least we would then have the option to not inject our children with god knows what.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

I always get mine without thimerosal, for one.

If vaccines were so awful, way more people would be dead from them.

But it's an endless debate. I just think if something can prevent disease, do it. That's all. Disease spreads to other people and mutates. Reactions to vaccines happen, but so do reactions to Advil. And strawberries. And contact lenses.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
is wrong or not
well, at the very least this tells you how much profit there is in merely promoting vaccines.

doesn't that say alot alone?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

reply to post by deadline527

I always get mine without thimerosal, for one.

If vaccines were so awful, way more people would be dead from them.

But it's an endless debate. I just think if something can prevent disease, do it. That's all. Disease spreads to other people and mutates. Reactions to vaccines happen, but so do reactions to Advil. And strawberries. And contact lenses.

That is very true. And yes the debate can go on for ages. I just wish they did everything they could to make vaccines as safe as possible, instead of designing them as a platform to make billions of dollars.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So go ahead and get the vaccine. You might have a reaction and you might even die but hey you could die eating a strawberry as well. Now there's some NWO logic for ya. I'm not apposed to vaccines but just don't make it mandatory is all.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

pediatrics.about.com...

You really should do research on this guy before praising him, Offit is the scum of the earth. This isn't the first rotavirus that he helped through the process, the first time they tried this was in 1998, the vaccine that was rammed through the process in August 1998 was REMOVED FROM THE MARKET by November 1999 due to complications with 100's of kids and some deaths.

Furthermore, Offit continualy postulates that autism and vaccines aren't linked (even claiming kids could easily take 100,000 vaccines), yet he isn't an autism experts and dismisses parents that see their kids "get" autism after getting vaccinated.

I don't have an autistic kid and I'm not anti-vax, what I DO think is that each vaccine should be investigated side-by-side with the disease to show efficacy, complications, mortality rate, etc so that parents can make informed decisions. The CDC schedule that is being rammed down people's throats is a travesty and vaccines are a REAL conspiracy affecting millions of people a year.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by artvandalay

It's been a while since this thread was originally posted, but a recent radio interview with Offit ticked me off and I think it is worth reviving.

This past weekend I was listening to our local broadcast of Dr. Michio Kaku's Science Fantastic radio show. Offit was his guest with the subject of discussion being Offit's book : "Deadly Choices: How the Anti-Vaccine Movement Threatens Us All.

Kaku opened the interview with an lengthy list of Offit's academic achievements and research, but failed to disclose who funded his research so that that listener could decide if this author was biased in his opinions about the dangers of not vaccinating. I wondered to myself if he had any connection with Big Pharma (seems to be confirmed from this thread) as this would have determined his credibility in my eyes.

I was also offended by Kaku's repeated phrase: "mothers who won't permit their children to get vaccinations". Why did he fail to use the term "fathers" or "parents"? There was not a single time when he made this statement without attributing the choice to not vaccinate solely to the mother. I lost a great deal of respect for Kaku on this count along with the fact that he did not challenge Offit in any meaningful manner with arguments in favour of not vaccinating. The entire interview had the feel of being 'staged' in favour of the guest and his stand on this issue.

Did anyone else happen to hear this episode of Kaku's radio show and also get rubbed the wrong way by it?

top topics

join