It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you deal with North Korea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I've noticed quite a few differing opinions on the current state of things regarding North Korea, but none of us "call the shots" so to speak. I have been worried about north Korea for years now and everybody I've spoken with in regards to the subject has basically brushed me off. I've also been saying for years now that the North has been working on a nuclear weapons program, yet in still the same response.

Ok so now look at what the current situation is, look at the failed attempts to successfully deter them from nuclear proliferation, and manufacture and then ask yourself, What would I do? if I was the one making the decisions. How many options exist? And at what point would you feel that "talks" will do no further good?

I'll add my personal opinion here, I would strike each and every one of those missiles as well as the manufacturing plants where they were made. I'd also strike the plutonium and uranium facilities as well, launch sites, launch support vehicles and buildings all of it.Would it cause a war? Maybe so but at this point, it's always been talk, talk, talk, they agree for awhile then resume so what has diplomacy really accomplished? Nothing that's the short answer. Oh and the 37,000 U.S troops stationed in South Korea, well they'd be getting plenty of help if it were up to me.

Forget Iraq, forget Afghanistan, I'd address a real threat like North Korea and their nuclear weapons program, I mean after all we went on a "wild goose" chase for WMD's in Iraq that were never even there! But we have North Korea blatantly displaying theirs for all of the world to see. So I pose a question, how would you deal with North Korea?

OOps wrong board, mods please move accordingly.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Turn it into a 150,000,000 parking space lot. Just kidding. I am for a strong defensive, deterrent type military. I wouldn't do anything to them until they did something to us. I would just tell them that it would be their first and last mistake. Diplomatic talks would be useful aswell, but I am not for appeasment either.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I think I would get their biggest buddy whos quite pissed at them right now (china) to pull a small bombing campaign on their main bases to shut them up and help keep some peace.
For me the fact that nothing has been done just fuels Kimmies fire.

North Korea isn't much a threat as long as China is not backing them.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Why dont we just send them a non-nuclear EMP burst and send North Korea back into the stone age.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Support the resistance movements within North Korea...the people themselves who are sick of having travel, internet, movies or anything other than posters of their glorious leader banned and who will no longer accept money going into bombs while they are starving. Its the guy at the top that needs to be taken down.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Why dont we just send them a non-nuclear EMP burst and send North Korea back into the stone age.

They already are in the stone-age.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think the time for talk has passed. With NK testing rockets every week and now about to test a long range rocket I think people of power are making a plan. Isreal has been conducting their largest war games, i think , ever.

But ya know this whole situation makes me kinda laugh. Because NK has just started to test rockets and nukes. They must be crazy to think they would win a nuclear war if one started. I think the US has more nukes in 1 sub then the entire country of NK. So I say let them launch a nuke at the US or what ever counrty. It will be their biggest and last mistake. Cause the next thing they know there will be 20 nukes heading their way. I dont think they even have a system to detect missle launches..... they will be saying to each other " we showed them " then ~flash~BOOOOM~ and no more NK.

I would like the talks to continue. I mean no one wants a nuclear war. But I only want the talks to continue if they accomplish somthing. No more 6 months talks and still no agreement. Either drop the program or get blown up...more like vaporized.

If it were up to me I would call NK's bluff. Cause their million man army is not worth anything when all a number of countries have to do is push a button then bamm, million man army turns into 100, 000 man army.

But I will be keeping an eye on this thread. I would like to know what others think of the situation. Great post

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I would set up a way for the citizens to get real world information. Maybe a radio station near their border to inform the citizens the real situation. Most of them do not know what is going on in the world, they are so restricted and fed with propaganda they think everyone is evil but them.

If you could educate the people of NK, then you could overthrow their government without firing a shot.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I would build a huge glass dome and place it over the top of them like in the Simpson's movie.

I would call their bluff and have disclosure all at the same time by flying a pack of UFO's into their air space and blowing up everything that is part of the military and then sending lil kimmy on a rocket into the sun.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Peaceful Retaliation for Nuclear Activity ...
1. Continue not to let North Korea physically export any of it's nukear technology. This means enforcing the naval blockade, no matter how foolishly North Korea threatens to respond.
2. We ought to cut of their internet access (it's only in NK governments hands anyway) (since you need permission to own a computer in North Korea; as well as a lot of rice coupons!!!).
3. Get China to allow North Koreans to flee across it's borders into South Korea (rather than sending them back to North Korean execution squads as is the current Chinese practice).

War Preparation...
To Eliminate North Korea
Through trade, incentives and negotiations we must make it in China's to...
1. (Suddenly) cut of trade with North Korea
2. Enable intelligence-weapons through it's border

War Execution...
3. Get North Korea to attack first (as this will politically enable South Korean might).
4. Destroy NK's long range missiles (very easy)
5. Destroy the archaic artillery pointed at Seoul (only problem is there's a lot to destroy)
NK major WMD facilities beyond use
6. Take out radio and other communications, whilst encouraging North Koreans themselves to rebel against their government.
7. Enable a military coup, and negotiations with the new government. It does not have to be democratic, just capitalist.

Because a land invasion against North Korea is completely undesirable. They have germ warfare, chemical warfare, and ten of thousands of tonnes of ammo (all strategically placed over the last 60 years).

Why Change...
Besides the problems NK possess...
Few things would be better for the world economy than a (peaceful) NK collapse. Behind that wall of communism is the potential for another South Korean economy (who's worth is around 947.01 Billion dollars per year).

North Korea is (geographically) better placed for wealth generation than
South Korea as it is far richer in unexploited minerals, gold, oil, coal, and gas to name but a few, much of it's land is more fertile as well.
A united Korea would also provide South Korea a direct land route to China (ultimately) adding to the potential of a united Korea far more than twice as rich as South Korea.

But...
Right Now...
I believe foreign propaganda makes little difference.
The North Koreans who know the truth just put themselves in great danger, and they are not equipped to put their knowledge to use.
Most North Koreans may know they are in a oppressive Stalinist state (just as most Russians did).
It makes no difference when a society's libertarian intellectuals have been executed-discouraged for the last 60 years.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Find a way to flood them with American goodies ... at the same time nail the country with news and pro-western propaganda all available on the millions of radios that I'd have smuggled in and air dropped in.

I'd also have the CIA come up with something to take out the top loons who run the country. Something that couldn't be traced back ....

If that didn't work ... I'd blow up the main city during one of their 'dear leader' military parades and I'd make sure that the blame fell back down upon their leadership ... blame it on one of their own nukes gone bad ...

Oh yes .. I'd make on heck of a bad power-mad world leader.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Don't do anything, just don't give any economical aid and see it crumble in less then a decade. Of course, it would also mean death of thousands (at least) of North Koreans due to hunger - but in any other scenario number of dead would be higher. Glad i am not the one making decisions.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
First..negotiations and talks..yeh thier usually worthless, but at least the mroe peaceful advantage was used.. GEt the UN in on it top.. Of course, a place like north korea woudl jsut laugh at them/us...
knowing they are making nuclear weapons for purposes of threat and hostile takeover, whcih classifys them as terrorists and a natioanl security threat...send in a secret mission, green bereays or something..and sabataoge their missle program., around the clock. Get in and get out. Maybe like what the troops did to the cannons the germans had at normandy..our troops put phosphorus? bombs in the barrell and it melted the insdies up, remdering them useless. Make one strong or big enough to stuff up the rockets exhaust hole. Of coruse it will probably only go so far.... why not do a military invasion of NK then? Hell, weve already done to half the middle east! whys top now....

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Very simple. One warning and then cruise missile heaven.

And the irony. North Korea would really know what a nuclear explosion is all about.

new topics

top topics

join