It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Invites Iran to 4 July Events

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

US Invites Iran to 4 July Events

news.bbc.co.uk

For the first time since 1980, the US has authorised its embassies around the world to invite Iranian diplomats to Independence Day receptions.

The move is part of a new policy of engagement with Iran under President Barack Obama's administration.

The US is trying to convince Iran to end its nuclear ambitions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Good sign - little move to right direction... Maybe a start.

Like I have posted hundreds of alarming news from US-Israel acts towards Iran - Its just because there has not come any good signs for years now... But this is one

I hope Iranian diplomats show up and show their will to solve things out without disasterous war.

In my opinions I have forecast open ME war before 4th of july, and this wont change anything - but still gives a tiny hope to black future of ours... I really want to keep my peace, and our life without WW3! Is that possible to achieve?

We really need the change - now!

"Disarm Israel - Stop The Wars!"

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think that it's important to keep focus now more than ever!

Did you see the Obama interview on MSNBC today
about his message to the muslim world?

He said the same thing he said to Europe, "being anti-american will not help you in any way"

I don't think many people are anti-american as much as the media portrays. I think they are anti-american govt. or anti-american foreign policy if you will.

But to just say what he said will not help him either, it is merely targeted at the people who are very pro-american govt.

I am henceforth not going to say anti-american or pro-american
only anti-american foreign policy or pro-american foreign policy.
Because the people are really irrelevant right now despite what your views may be.

He needs to shut down bases and help restore sovereingty around the globe. Before doing that very little will help.

He also spoke about how many people will hopefully be turned away from extremism. I hope so too, and the recent media attention to moderate muslims is definately something that I give thumbs up to, the message is important.

But I also think that the ratio between anti-american foreign policy vs. islamic extremism is highly misunderstood and badly measured, if at all.

To send a positive message before really doing anything is nothing more than what his presidential campaign was, a mere facade with very marketable speeches and keywords like change or hope, with little or no substance behind them.

Actions speak louder than words. It's high time to act.

Peace can't only be achieved through words, especially not in today's global environment.

But you gotta admit, he's good at what he does.
Being proclamed by the mass media as the giver of world peace while also asking for the largest military budget in american history is truely an achievement.

Let's see how this plays out.

I hope for peace one day, true peace and sovereignty to every country on the planet, which is truly a much needed road towards peace.

Peace To All!

[edit on 2-6-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm going to talk to you from the gut here, OP.

I'm in total support of these ideals........ I think it's the right direction, the best hope for the world to continue without blowing 72% of up via a global nuclear war.

Anybody that knows me knows that I'm not a fan of President Obama, but I am a recent supporter. I support him because I have to believe, to HOPE that he really has the best interests of the United States, the world at heart. If he's "de debil" or other clandestine entity/title, well........ then I guess we'll see. I think he's a man with dreams that is somewhat out of his league. That's not necessarily a formula for failure though. There have been several people in over their head in human history that prevailed and wrote pages of history.

I don't trust Iran as far as I can.............. NEVERmind. I don't trust Iran. I don't think the leadership there has a concern whatsoever for the best interests of the world. I think global domination and/or extermination of those they classify as "other" is the order of the day.

Just a minor minus for me: You wrote:

. I don't disagree with your right to state your opinion. It IS your right. I just think you do a slight -- but not terminal -- disservice to your thread by writing this. It inclines the flavor of the thread toward peripheral tangents that muddy the waters of this ...... hopeful event.

Keep after it mon. I just thought you'd appreciate a totally candid view.

peace

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Nice posting!

I agree with you very many ways... "Obahope" is not my dope - there hasnt been any change, not anywhere - and with urgent timetable, there should be... But just words and without real changes those empty lies and hopes will turn against those liars - and what I see - whole Obama administration is a lie... Damn banksters puppets with great P.

Every real change is needed - and news I post now is one - first step, and I am glad to do it - because destruction of US or Israel is really not my hope - but that "change" what is needed in US politics - If not for anyone else, but for you all my US friends in ATS.

Peace, for our common future!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Nothing says Fourth of July like a huge BBQ! Fire up the grill and lets invite our Iranian friends over for some hot dogs and pork chops! I know they will love us for that!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

My opinion "Disarm Israel" - raise from the horrible Gaza Op, which was a war crime first degree from the beginning to its end... With disarmament of Israel from its attack weapons, whole ME would rest in peace.

Aerial Domination of Israel has just caused terrible destructions, and unlawful occupation in Palestian territory just fuels the situation. Violence just grows more violence, and that is what Israelis have done too many years...

"If you cant handle the guns - responsibility what it gives - you should have not right to bear arms." Just my logic.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I thought I saw somewhere that Iran said they were willing to go to the table with the US to discuss all matter of things with the exception of it Nuclear development programs?

Does Obama really believe he can be the one to finally get Iran to listen? In my personal opinion noone is going to stop them short of attacking them.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. They don't care about our Independence, They want us to stop supporting Israel and let Iran do as it wishes in the mid-east.

Obama is a fool or he is inviting his buds over for a party. Iran has every right to develop nuclear power just as long as they stop all terrorism and open up every site to inspections.

Iran already has the bomb as their leader told us the day North Korea tested theirs for them.

I bet the fool bows to his new found friends while we Americans start our new war for our Independence from traitors like Obama. Hopefully we can send them all packing.

Bringing Iranians in the U.S. to talk during our Independence day celebrations is nothing but a pardon for the Islamics when they revolted and took our people hostage. This is just wrong on so many levels especially when they have said that the nukes will not be on the table for discussion.

Obama=Disaster for us all. Wake up people!!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
MSNBC reported this earlier as the Prez inviting them over on the Fourth of July for hot dogs. I'm sorry, but I fell out laughing until the commentator qualified that with "all beef hot dogs".

[edit on 2/6/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
A smart move by Obama, because if they refuse the invite, people will start questioning Irans motives...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Almost 30 years, this truly is ground breaking news. Will be interesting to see how Ahmadinejad receives/replies to this invitation... considering Iran's presidential election is less then two weeks away... if he appears too receptive or not enough it could adversely effect his chances for re-election.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Yay and will you be supplying them with inflatable boats and food relief so they can start heading to the mediterranean for some sort of "Dunkerque" ?...

Whether this is a test case for the upcoming elections in Iran or part of a precondition/Fiat for an upcoming nuclear strike ["at least obama tried the diplomatic way... and how"]
Barry still seems to suprise me...

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
He will deny the invitation as he is up for re-election and he is apparently being seriously challenged by a conservative candidate. He needs his anti-America rhetoric to appeal to the hardliners.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

If the Iranians accept the offer, I think it will be a key moment for Israel to strike Iran, by attacking while they are off guard. At the same time, if Israel attacks Iran while the Iranians are over here, then the Iranians will become very suspicious about the Americans, and that is exactly what the Israeli's would really like.

I think Israel will be the BIG winner if the Iranians come over here.

War is nothing but a chess game in the minds of men whom wait and contemplate the moment of action.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
reply to post by JanusFIN

If the Iranians accept the offer, I think it will be a key moment for Israel to strike Iran, by attacking while they are off guard. At the same time, if Israel attacks Iran while the Iranians are over here, then the Iranians will become very suspicious about the Americans, and that is exactly what the Israeli's would really like.

I think Israel will be the BIG winner if the Iranians come over here.

War is nothing but a chess game in the minds of men whom wait and contemplate the moment of action.

If that would be the case they might as well throw Ahmedinejad or their diplomats right on the BBQ..But from the Israeli point of view..well thought...
Anywayz if Obama really has the balls he starts yesterday with a sea blockade around North Korea...playing "chicken"-game...
mmm but the last US president with real cohones was shot...

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I certainly hope that the Iranians accept the invite. This is quite possibly the first step in a positive direction between us in many years. I really see no reason why we can't at the very least sit down and talk over a BBQ.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Nothing says Fourth of July like a huge BBQ! Fire up the grill and lets invite our Iranian friends over for some hot dogs and pork chops! I know they will love us for that!!!!!!

This reminds me of a joke I heard a while ago:

What do the U.S. and Iran have in common?

We are both run by an islamic terrorist...

Actually, it would be funnier if it wasn't true.

I'm really getting tired of that scumbag cozying up to our enemies every chance he gets.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Wow
You just don't want peace do you

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
A smart move by Obama, because if they refuse the invite, people will start questioning Irans motives...

You can't be serious.

Start questioning Iran's motives? Does it take a rejection of an invite by the apologizer in chief to question Irans motives?

I think people have been questioning their motives for awhile. At least I have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join