It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Top North Korean General Named in Counterfeit U.S. Money Plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Reports: Top North Korean General Named in Counterfeit U.S. Money Plot

www.foxnews.com

A top North Korean general and close advisor to the country's leader, Kim Jong-Il, has been named by U.S. and foreign intelligence agencies as a key figure in the production of high-quality counterfeit $100 bills, called supernotes, according to documents and interviews cited by The Washington Times.

North Korean Gen. O Kuk-ryol, who was recently promoted to the country's powerful National Defense Commission, is said to be in charge of creating the false $100 bills, which are produced to loo
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtontimes.com

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Wow! a North Korean general who is a confidant of the country's leader, Kim Jong-il, has apparently been identified by U.S. and foreign intelligence agencies as a key figure in the covert production and distribution of high-quality counterfeit $100 bills called supernotes!

Ha-ha! well this is not any good news for the world economy! The Fed has a competitor that is printing money from thin air!

The situation is tense! and now articles like these is popping up!

We all know that North Korea is the bad guy here, and the MSM is giving us this brilliant piece to paint them even more evil!

Gotta love it!

Why do I have this eerie feeling that something is about to happen soon?

It's definitely not looking good for North Korea!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I've heard about these before.

The treasury has a machine that filters through all money that comes back that automatically detects many of the supernotes and shreds them up.

Who knows how many are good enough to stay in the system....it certainly doesn't help though.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
At last, some good news on the economy, It's not the government or big business' fault that the economy is in tatters, it's really all down to that evil super villain Kim Il Jong and his dastardly N Korean henchmen. Now maybe the populace will see him for the public enemy number one that he really is

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yes and I also remember that Iraq and Saddam also had a big counterfeiting scheme going before the first Gulf war.

They printed huge piles of perfectly made dollar bills, even with almost perfect paper quality!

I remember they even found a big stash of it in Scandinavia, one of all places & countries they used to get them out in circulation!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Looks like they're really ramping up making a case for war with NK. I've always said China would handle NK and I'm still saying it. They (China) won't want NK messing with their "investment".

[edit on 2/6/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

new topics

top topics

join