It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-UFO Researcher Details British Government X-Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Ex-UFO Researcher Details British Government X-Files

Britain's top UFO expert says there's no smoking gun that proves UFOs exist, but he's seen enough evidence to convert him from skeptic to believer.

Among the evidence, says Nick Pope, who ran the Ministry of Defense's unexplained-encounter section from 1991 to 1994, are:

-- a cigar-shaped object that passed so close to an airliner that the jet's pilot was heard shouting "Look out, look out!";

-- a USAF pilot who caught up to and almost fired upon a UFO over England;

-- a photo of a UFO that British officials worried might actually be part of a secret military project.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.foxnews.com
www.foxnews.com
www.foxnews.com

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well, well! Fox News just released the story about the ex Brit official skeptic come believer along with several sightings and the story of the Brittish X file release. Good article.

Pretty gutsy stuff coming from a major, well respected news agency! LOL..

Actually all the following UFO stories are from Fox News so Fox is sort of in a disclosure mode lately!

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

good post, but that bunch of Fox News links is definitely proving that those Pro-GOP reporters do NOT want to talk about Cheney saying there was no evidence linking Al Qaeda to Iraq and stuff...

I assume every officer above the rank of , say, Colonel / squadron Leader must have had some kind of UFO encounter 101 in case some crazy stuff happens when they're in the air. We have to keep in mind that maybe those things are observing our tech capabilities, so checking out planes and nuke plants and stuff like that definitely proves there is a bigger picture.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I know we all wish for evidence that will bring us closer to the truth but this report left me right where I was when I started reading it. Photos that could be a secret military project: really!?! wow!!. The vast majority of UFO researchers already suspect some sightings to be linked to top secret projects. In my opinion this guy is just dangling the carrot in front of our noses. I mean hell, tell us something that we don't know already. I agree with MattMulder that Fox is putting all of the UFO stories out to take attention away from other issues.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Fox News links is definitely proving that those Pro-GOP reporters do NOT want to talk about Cheney saying there was no evidence linking Al Qaeda to Iraq and stuff...
reply to post by MattMulder

My you have a long memory! That was 6 years ago.

Perhaps you missed this Fox News article dated 4-14-03. Ex-Officials Dispute Iraq Tie to Al Qaeda

"Fox News... Fair and Balanced!"

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I know we all wish for evidence that will bring us closer to the truth but this report left me right where I was when I started reading it.
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

Now I really doubt that we will be getting any serious disclosure articles from Fox News but I do find it refreshing to see that they cover the UFO subject seriously.

Tell me, what other major news agency is doing UFO articles recently? (I'm serious because I go to Drudge and Fox News and a few other on line sources and rarely pick up a paper)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

I'm right there with you. I don't usually read the papers either. I get most of my news from ATS actually. Aside from local news.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
That whole thing is pretty cool. I'll put a flag on it for you. Where do you guys find stories like this to put up?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

That whole thing is pretty cool. I'll put a flag on it for you. Where do you guys find stories like this to put up?
reply to post by TurtleSanders

Thanks!

I own my own business so I don't have to worry about my boss catching me surfing!
So if I have a spare minute, I go to Drudge Report, Fox News, BBC, or New Scientist web sites and see what's new. If it hasn't been covered by ATS yet (do a search before you submit!), and I have a passion for the subject, sometimes I post it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I do have my doubts about Nic Pope. He has been out of The MOD for many years now and he wasn't exactly a high flyer when he was there. He certainly didn't have a particularly high security clearance and most of the stories he has told since leaving the Ministry have been straightforward accounts of reports of UFO incidents which eventually came across his desk. If anything he has spoken about had been considered 'sensitive' by the powers that be, he really wouldn't have been able to make a small time career out of this. He must have had some form of release from the Official Secrets Act. He has got to try and earn a living I suppose but Fox Mulder he ain't.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fang

Nick Pope was the equivelent rank of a captain when he worked as secretariate airspace 2a. To put it bluntly it means nothing. I once knew the sadly now departed Ralph Noyes who did a similar job back in the 60s and 70s and he says that with his rank Pope wouldn't have been aloowed on the same floor where all the real evidence is kept never mind the same room. . . This is aman trying to make a quick buck out of the UFO fanatics by using his once position in the ministry. I say good luck to him but I wouldn't trust or believe anything he says.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Pope worked for the MOD for 22 years was the MOD's official ressponsible for researching and investigating UFOs crop circles etc, as well as holding other more senior jobs.
He left the MOD in 2006 because the governments 'X files' had been closed down

He has widely taken part in debates and lectures imo the man is knowledgeable experienced and honest.

www.nickpope.net...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

I wasn't questioning his length of service or honesty. I was simply pointing out that he was never high up in the MOD food chain, had never disclosed anything that wasn't already in the public domain and would never have been allowed to disclose anything sensitive. Govt. X-Files? It was a dead end filing job in a one man dept.

[edit on 07/21/06 by Fang]

top topics

join