It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Meeting Regarding 1952 DC Sightings

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Very high level meetings and conversations involving President Truman took place as a result of this famous incident. I did post this information at the tail end of some older threads about the 1952 DC sightings but got no response and think it is worthy of its' own thread.

en.wikipedia.org...

While the first two links in this chain have been chewed over for some time, I don't believe anyone has ever made a point of the September 3 meeting at the White House and I have Googled it in every way possible. The connection is self-evident. This was an incredibly important meeting.

This from Capt. Edward Ruppelt in 1955: "About 10:00 A.M. the President's air aide, Brigadier General Landry, called intelligence at President Truman's request to find out what was going on. Somehow I got the call. I told General Landry that the radar target could have been caused by weather but that we had no proof."

www.nicap.org...

Landry was, in fact, Truman's personal red tape cutter with the Air Force and briefed Truman on UFOs on a regular basis starting in 1948. From Landry in 1974. "I was directed to report quarterly to the President after consulting with Central Intelligence people, as to whether or not any UFO incidents received by them could be considered as having any strategic threatening implications at all.

The report was to be made orally by me unless it was considered by intelligence to be so serious or alarming as to warrant a more detailed report in writing. During the four and one-half years in office there, all reports were made orally. Nothing of substance considered credible or threatening to the country was ever received from intelligence."

www.trumanlibrary.org...

Finally, on September 3, 1952, a meeting was held and documented on the President's Calendar:

12:30 pm (The President met in Cabinet Room, with group from Air Force,
the Rand Corporation and National Security Resources Board,
for briefing on defense of Capital. LOWER WEST DOOR, HALF
HOUR OFF THE RECORD

DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE
FOWLER, Colonel John G.
GARLAND, General William
GRAHAM, Colonel Gordon
HUNNER, Major Paul
McCLELLAND, John C.

RAND CORPORATION
HENDERSON, Lawrence J.
NILES, Walter W.

NATIONAL SECURITY RESOURCES BOARD
GORRIE, Honorable Jack
LANCASTER, Presley, Jr.
ASH, Russell
LANDRY, Brig. Gen. Robert B., Air Force Aid to the President
Dennison, Rear Adm. Robert L., Naval Aid to the President

www.trumanlibrary.org...

I did do some cursory research into the resumes of the attendees and found that the Air Force guys were largely from "target" backgrounds, meaning radar. Why two members of the Rand Corporation were there is anyone's guess, but Henderson did attain the role of vice president with the corporation.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Frustration bump.

Why doesn't anyone seem to care about this? It's serious evidence and the sources are unimpeachable. No phonied up documents or wild speculation. Skeptics won't touch it because they know they can't debunk it. I guess most everyone else is just a fantasist.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by fls13
Frustration bump.

Why doesn't anyone seem to care about this? It's serious evidence and the sources are unimpeachable. No phonied up documents or wild speculation.
Skeptics won't touch it because they know they can't debunk it. I guess most everyone else is just a fantasist.

Yes there does seem to be an aversion for debunkers to address some of the more serious threads.

Great post(s).

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Interesting...
Never heard of it before, I'm checking it now.

Bump...

Love&Light

Jacbo

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by fls13
Frustration bump.

Why doesn't anyone seem to care about this? It's serious evidence and the sources are unimpeachable. No phonied up documents or wild speculation. Skeptics won't touch it because they know they can't debunk it. I guess most everyone else is just a fantasist.

I hear you!

Thanks OP and I wont be inputing as it already has been many times.

Bump Bump

S&F

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Now it's time to thank you guys for giving my little find a look . . . and another bump.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Very good stuff. S & F (and Bump). And of course the debunkers are ignoring it, they go for the weakest evidence and claim that's all there is

I'm interested in the Rand Corporations presence, since they have a demonstrated interest in the UFO phenomenon.. Still looking into that. I think it makes perfect sense of them to be there. From that infallible oracle Wikipedia:

"According to the 2005 annual report, "about one-half of RAND's research involves national security issues." Many of the events in which RAND plays a part are based on assumptions which are hard to verify because of the lack of detail on RAND's highly classified work for defense and intelligence agencies."

But no assumptions here. Rand were at this meeting.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
im reading it now. Why now after all this time ? why rehash this stuff now ??? interesting

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Insubordinate Soul]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insubordinate Soul
im reading it now. Why now after all this time ? why rehash this stuff now ??? interesting

As far as I'm able to determine, it isn't rehash. I don't believe anyone has connected this Sept. 3 meeting to the late July sightings. The purpose of the meeting is clear . . . defense of the capital . . . which has just had a couple weekends filled with UFO sightings, visual and radar.

A little additional background on Truman's schedule around the DC case dates. Truman had been in hospital a few days and got out just before the 1st weekend of sightings. Then during the following week, went to Chicago for the Democrat Nat'l Convention and then spent some time in his home town until August 5.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

excellent thread!
i have never heard of these meetings before now. it's always a bonus when you run into a thread like this one.

many thanks fls13

S&F

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

I get ya , i had the wrong idea
i was reading this story and listening to another one at the same time lol

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Here's a little more on one of the attendees, Brigadier General William M. Garland. In September 1952, General Garland was named chief of the Air Technical Intelligence Center at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He is rated a command pilot.

Some background from Capt. Ruppelt about Garland's Project Blue Book involvement:

"Major General John A. Samford had replaced Major General Cabell as Director of Intelligence, but General Samford must have been told about the UFO situation because he was familiar with the general aspects of the problem. He had appointed his Assistant for Production, Brigadier General W. M. Garland, to ride herd on the project for him.

Colonel Dunn briefly outlined to General Samford what we planned to do. He explained our basic policy, that of setting aside the unknowns and not speculating on them, and he told how the scientists visiting ATIC had liked the plans for the new Project Grudge.

There was some discussion about the Air Force's and ATIC's responsibility for the UFO reports. General Garland stated, and it was later confirmed in writing, that the Air Force was solely responsible for investigating and evaluating all UFO reports. Within the Air Force, ATIC was the responsible agency. This in turn meant that Project Grudge was responsible for all UFO reports made by any branch of the military service. I started my briefing by telling General Samford and his staff about the present UFO situation."

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Here's a little more on another attendee, John Fowler. Seems his promotion within the targets area roughly coincided with this meeting. Maybe somebody liked what he had to say.

Joining the Directorate of Intelligence at Air Force Headquarters in March 1952, General Fowler was deputy to the assistant for production. The following month he was named assistant deputy director of targets there, becoming deputy director that September.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

I have finished reading Frank C Feschino's "Shoot Them Down" which is about the Summer of Saucers event of 1952. There is much fascinating information in that very well researched book. Thank you for your references, and I will be reading up on them.

Remember, it was only weather inversion that caused the radar confirmations, sightings and filming of objects. The over 100 unknowns posted in Project Blue Book during the Summer of Saucers wave in 1952 should tell some skeptics that something was going on. It is well known that the Air Force went out of its way to insert a weather balloon, swamp gas or weather inversions to explain each sighting.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Here's an online interview with Feschino.

odeo.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Bumped it here..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Disclosure NSA Style
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now I go read it, copy it, file it etc...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I am so glad that you posted this evidence. I was going to start a thread because, I watched a documentry the other day, and that's when I heard for the first time that President Truman admitted that ufo's were always flying around and that they discussed them at all their meetings.
Wow! I can't believe no one takes this more seriously.
The President of the United States said that they are real on July 20, 1952.
There's our disclosure people.
I mean come on, what more do you need? "Always flying around" meaning that his statement was not based on one incident. Why is this evidence just tossed aside?

Here's a video with his words. The documentry showed him saying it.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-6-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
I am so glad that you posted this evidence. I was going to start a thread because, I watched a documentry the other day, and that's when I heard for the first time that President Truman admitted that ufo's were always flying around and that they discussed them at all their meetings.
Wow! I can't believe no one takes this more seriously.
The President of the United States said that they are real on July 20, 1952.
There's our disclosure people.
I mean come on, what more do you need? "Always flying around" meaning that his statement was not based on one incident. Why is this evidence just tossed aside?

Sad to say, that tape is edited and Truman's actual quote is taken out of context. I posted the full context, which came about in a press conference during the DC flap which spanned more than 2 weeks, in one of karl 12's threads.

I personally regard Truman as one of our greatest presidents and a true American hero, but he did mislead the public about UFOs.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

Figures

Well, there is still a lot of evidence that is not taken out of context, a lot of what I saw was on the thread you posted. Evidence that cannot be dismissed.
I don't need to see others peoples evidence, I've seen 2 ufo's related to the Stephenville incidents. I just want it proved so the skeptics have to admit that we are not wack jobs. I'm just so fed up with the lies and coverups.
There is so much proof out there, but it never seems to be enough for the non-believers.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Figures

Well, there is still a lot of evidence that is not taken out of context, a lot of what I saw was on the thread you posted. Evidence that cannot be dismissed.
I don't need to see others peoples evidence, I've seen 2 ufo's related to the Stephenville incidents. I just want it proved so the skeptics have to admit that we are not wack jobs. I'm just so fed up with the lies and coverups.
There is so much proof out there, but it never seems to be enough for the non-believers.

I guess you don't need any convincing. Have you listened to Angelia Joiner's online interviews? She does a nice job and hopefully keeps that going.

As far as your own sightings, what did you see?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join