It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings- also, any idea what this is..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hey, new member here, my name is Cherish (yes thats my real name..) I actually wanted to post in the grey area, but i had less than 20 posts, so i couldn't.
I wanted to know if anyone, had any information about these images:

i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...

I found them in the paranormal forum in 4chan.com - I also have heard rumors of there being a wiki article for these pages as well.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
- Cherish

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenOfRabbits

Hey welcome to ATS.

One of the most entertaining locations on the web, you'll never really know what somebody will post next. Make yourself at home there is plenty of beer and eats in the frig.

We have a wonderful Search feature to see if something you want to post a new thread about hasn't already been posted. Trust me using it cuts down on getting your post deleted for already being posted. It is also a great way to find and join already going threads in your fields of interests.

P.S.

Don't touch my Scotch!

Peace

Slay

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS the best Alternative Website on the Web! Please come and share your knowledge.

I have seen those pictures before, I do not remember what they are called. I apologize. But if you do find out, please post where you found them.

I look forward to seeing you around the Paranormal Forum and others.

Peace,
~TheMythLives

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hello Cherish and welcome, do you know what language that is in the pictures? Been searching and can't find anything about either picture. Both have me stumped and are very strange.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I've tried using search, the only problem is i have no idea what these pages are called, no luck yet
but thank you

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lighter78

The language is none that i can recognize, and i love languages, i think thats the thing thats bothering me the most, i cant figure out what the language is.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I will of course, and if you remember the name come and share, my curiosity is killing me

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Hello Cherish and welcome to ATS!

To me, those pictures look like they may belong to something called the Voynich Manuscript. It's a book that was found with illustrations and writing in a text that no one, including linguists, has been able to dicipher.

The Voynich Manuscript

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I dont know why but the picture of the fishes/eyes in the sea really gives me the creeps - something seems a bit sinister about it.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I think that was it, that sounds right. The handwriting is very similar and I think that is it. Nice find!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hi and welcome here.

the picture is from the Codex Seraphinianus made in Italy between 1976 and 1978

link

I think the fishes look a bit like a Salvador Dali painting.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Wish u could star here, u people are great and friendly with a lil tidbit of knowledge..
Guess i do learn something new on this site every time i read.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
hehe I didn't know that Codex either but when I start digging I am glad I got some sharp claws to go with that.

I like to solve threads.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

For $550 bucks?

We owe this 20-year old piece of high fantasy to a Roman architect, Luigi Serafini. This is a large book of splendid, eerie illustrations of an impossible world in a parallel universe, with copious comments in an incomprehensible language in an imaginary script. A world at once familiar, inhabited as it is by humans, and hauntingly different, with its very own laws of physics, its strange fauna, its stranger flora, its unimaginable society, technology, even mathematics. The Codex Seraphinianus is to that world what Diderot's Encyclopaedia is to ours, only lavishly and artistically illustrated. A feast for the eyes, a tease for the brain, to which you will find yourselves drawn again and again, and again, in ever renewed fascination. It is a particular joy in the Italian edition (published by Franco Maria Ricci of Milan) if you can afford the outrageous price -- some US$250: hand-made paper, a hard-cover bound in black silk in a box clad in black silk, such luxuries do not come cheaply

The customer recommendation is intriguing and fascinating. I wonder if I could rob the till for this piece. Its out of print so first come first serve!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Welcome, QoR!

I spent a whole weekend recently tripping out on the Voynich MS and found the Codex Seraphinianus along with it. Here's a neat little piece from a blog about the Codex:

The book opposite is called Codex Seraphinianus, after Luigi Serafini, an Italian architect and graphic designer, who wrote and illuminated it in the 1970s. It is an encyclopedia guide that depicts and explains a totally fantastic world, where lovers transform into crocodiles and rainbows can be bow tied.

Lines Of Gibberish

One weird book. I totally dig the walking avocado trees that swim.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6826a2c73f71.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ddab4d3a3de.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

join