It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man likely to be charged with killing Tiller had history of mental illness, family says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Man likely to be charged with killing Tiller had history of mental illness, family says

www.kansascity.com

According to a court ruling filed in 2005, Roeder was earlier diagnosed with schizophrenia “for which he takes no medication.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.democraticunderground.com[ /url]

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread468356/pg1]Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

Frank Schaeffer: How I (and Other "Pro-Life" Leaders) Contributed to Dr. Tiller's Murder

[edit on 2/6/09/ by Supercertari]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
In the current debate concerning the recent murder of Dr Tiller I thought it important to ensure this piece of information is not skipped over in the rush to blame/take responsibility for the murderer's actions.

I would also add that anyone who would feel inclined to condone Scott Roeder's actions should note this.

We are not dealing with a "Christian" or "non-conformist" or "pro-life activist" we are speaking about the actions of a mentally ill individual whose actions on Sunday might be regarded as acting our his particular psychosis.

Some might, and are already, blaming the pro-life movement or the rhetoric of television personalities etc. for Dr Tiller's murder. To do so, however, would be to blame every similar action by a schizophrenic on whatever might feed their psychosis and that might be: samurai movies, comic books, movies, TV adverts, history books, etc. etc....

Before we rush headlong into the blame game please attend to the facts of the perpetrator's biography and don't ignore it for the sake of point scoring, or the worse threats to liberty and free-speech already being proposed on these pages and others.

www.kansascity.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join