It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oak Bay UFO a Promotional Balloon? (video stabilized by armap)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I was just looking at armap's very nice stabilization of the Oak Bay UFO, and was just wondering if it looked like a boar's head balloon to anyone else but me. I understand at the time of year this video was taken (06/28/08) Oak Bay was right in the middle of their summer festival season, with a Jazz Festival and a Tall Ships Festival and some other stuff happening.

(click to open player in new window)

This video doesn't show the very tail end of the original video, which goes on to show the object getting oddly distorted and skinny, as if it was deflating. But I wonder if it might be some kind of promotional advertising balloon of some sort. I've been looking at old photos of the various events at Oak Bay, but haven't found anything yet.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Ok I am gonna say it.. Piiiiiiigs in Spaaaaace. I think you have it right on the money. It is not a turtle but a swine balloon. Well done sir!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Is anyone suprised that the financial powerhouses of america have managed to get UFOs and use them for promotional pruposes. It disgusts me. Hear this now, when we get first contact the aliens will come off the ship wearing a coca-cola t shrt and be holding a starbucks cup.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

What great work Nohup bringing this case back to attention and providing a highly likely alternate explanation to it! Star and flag, I wonder can you provide me a link to when the festival was going on, something that maybe can show the balloons used? I was wondering about that image so thanks to you and ArMap for being diligent and working hard to get to the bottom of this UFO phenomina!

new topics

top topics

join