It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Imitates Art

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the movie "The Minority Report?" It seems to me that Obama's plan for preventative detention is exactly that.

I refer here to Obama’s plan for “preventive detentions.” If a cop or other government official thinks you might want to commit a crime someday, you could be held in “prolonged detention.” Reports in U.S. state-controlled media imply that Obama’s shocking new policy would only apply to Islamic terrorists (or, in this case, wannabe Islamic terrorists, and also kinda-sorta-maybe-thinking-about-terrorism dudes). As if that made it OK. In practice, Obama wants to let government goons snatch you, me and anyone else they deem annoying off the street. Preventive detention is the classic defining characteristic of a military dictatorship. Because dictatorial regimes rely on fear rather than consensus, their priority is self-preservation rather than improving their people’s lives. They worry obsessively over the one thing they can’t control, what George Orwell called “thoughtcrime” — contempt for rulers that might someday translate to direct action.

Obama’s Plan for Preventive Detention

I do not personally believe that this man has any intention of stepping down from the Presidency when his term(s) is finished. I believe that we have seen the birth of what will become the most ruthless and bloodthirsty dictator this world has ever known.

new topics

join