It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being a HUMAN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Your very welcome.

Peace and Love

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Reality is that as long as humans have lived on this earth there has been death and killing. Well so far as we know in recorded history. I will take the side that assumes that since we are this way now its a good assumption we always have been unless we were somehow more evolved at one point and have slowly gotten worse. At any rate it goes without saying that it may be wrong for us to be this way but it is the reality as was stated and it isnt likely going to change any time soon unless something really really serious happens to make us change.

That also is a reality of human life. That we refuse to change our habits and ways as people unless we are forced to. Killing other humans is not a vile and disgusting thing to very many people on the earth or it wouldnt keep going on for the thousands of years it has in such mass quantities. Individually we may have a very hard time coming to grips with the idea of murdering people and destroying the earth slowly but it doesnt take much for people to be put into those roles and do just fine. If it did we would never have come this far so thats the real reality of life.

On the otherside of this, this video shows the best humans can bring. Its great to view the best in us and ignore the bad but remember this, If we ignore the darker side of our nature then it will surely sneak up on us when we least expect it and bit us in the rears. I like to think of us as being barbaric in our baser nature but intelligent enough to overcome it. I wish more people would try to overcome their emotional lower brains and strive for exactly the kind of love and outreaching to our fellow man that the video seems to embody.

I pray humans do change, but i do not think it will in this life time of mine. Who knows all i know is i will continue down the road i have been on and live the life i have offered to me and make what changes i can in my microcosm of space and love my children and my god the best i can.
Peace be upon you all!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

If you are going to bring up the being a human thread, you should face up to what being a human is.

Do not blame me for that.

And thank you for your less than enlightened thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I must admit that the language you are using is most confusing to me....

You are welcome.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
All the gloom on this thread is, to me, an indication that people tend to ignore the good side of being human focusing only on the bad. The reason I found this video so inspiring is because I had begun to forget that humans do have a glorious spirit. Focusing on world events brought about by lesser humans leads to this. I do know of many good people who try their hardest to do what's right and succeed. The human race has a lot of redeeming virtues left that should be focused on.

Spellbound, I'm surprised that you think (at least how I read it) that humans are all bad. I really am. I would think that an enlightened spirit would recognize the light in other beings. There is light in humans, it just get shrouded sometimes by the darkness of the world.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I tend to think that an enlightened person is one who sees all and not just the best or brightest sides of anything. I would think spellbound sees the best but also knows the worst as i do. I think all we are pointing out here is that being human is knowing what human is and thats being the best we can be knowing the worst we are also.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1
I tend to think that an enlightened person is one who sees all and not just the best or brightest sides of anything. I would think spellbound sees the best but also knows the worst as i do. I think all we are pointing out here is that being human is knowing what human is and thats being the best we can be knowing the worst we are also.

There is a problem with that though you can wind up with a self fulfilling prophecy that way.I always try to find the best in people granted sometimes your let down. But if you always expect the worst i guarantee thats all you'll ever get.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

I had a person in my squad new him for over a year and he jumped on a grenade to save us bottom line had he not done this i wouldnt have a son.And there is 4 other people he saved in this one selfless act. I cant repay him for what he did ...

Such an action has only happened a few times in our history.

Which date did this occur?

*This man belongs in the history books. If he already is, please tell me which page and which book.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

Sure!

But is it not a pity to waste the environment in the way we do?
Is it not a pity that our negative effects are increasingly irreversible?
We abuse the Planet and already have sent many species in the extinction road. (Which by the way has become an extinction highway...)

We no longer have the excuse of being uneducated or ignorant.

WE KNOW...

Our modern way of living has created an unprecedented distance from the norm, that being bad both for the environment and ourselves.

We have the picture and we also have the greatness, an inherent one too.

The only missing thing in the equations is costless and is called LOVE.

LOVE for our species, the rest of earthlings as well as for the planet.

Love will help adjust things back to optimum for all, with the first ones to be positively affected being ourselves.

Our greatness and capacity for love is inherent. This also compensates by far our negative aspects which would be reduced in a minimum through the process.

It only takes a simple turn in attitude by each and everyone. It is about time.

WE CAN

[edit on 4/6/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

Being a human means killing humans.

Being a human means letting humans starve.

Being a human means letting our earth die.

What is wrong with this picture?

but not all humans are this way. evolution is a long process, maybe someday we will reach a greater consciousness.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

By the way this is an extract of not one of my posts....

Its one of spelbounds...
Still true UNFORTUNATELY

Good takes a lot of effort and needs a long process to be achieved.
Bad only takes a second and sometimes lasts too long...

Judging on the above i should note that the majority of people are mostly on the good side.
Bad politics and decision making are some of the factors affecting the masses who get carried out and away in a lot of nonsense...

GOOD THING IT ONLY TAKES A SECOND TO DO SOME GOOD STUFF TOO

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by dragonridr

I had a person in my squad new him for over a year and he jumped on a grenade to save us bottom line had he not done this i wouldnt have a son.And there is 4 other people he saved in this one selfless act. I cant repay him for what he did ...

Such an action has only happened a few times in our history.

Which date did this occur?

*This man belongs in the history books. If he already is, please tell me which page and which book.

Due to the nature of the mission im pretty sure this isnt going to be in a history book.How ever alot of people died without making it into history books so im not really sure what was your point? If you wanted to know his name just ask! heres a link for you.

www.militarycity.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

The absolute truth about that is.. its the minorty of 'humans' that are like that.

Yes some people dont deserve to have the luxury of being human but I assure you many do.

Funny thing is; we the people.. we generally dont rape, kill, torture and starve others. We the people dont start wars that occur. The so called 'humans' involved in the government control the masses into waging wars gainst one another. I had nothing to do with the raping, killing and acts of genocide over seas nor have most of you. If The US decides to attack and bomb Iran for example, its not the people of America doing it, its the global elitists controlling the men in uniform. Yes, there are individual acts of rape and sodomizing in war and unfortunately in everyday life, but that is on such a minority scale it defamates

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured

The absolute truth about that is.. its the minorty of 'humans' that are like that.

Yes some people dont deserve to have the luxury of being human but I assure you many do.

Funny thing is; we the people.. we generally dont rape, kill, torture and starve others. We the people dont start wars that occur. The so called 'humans' involved in the government control the masses into waging wars gainst one another. I had nothing to do with the raping, killing and acts of genocide over seas nor have most of you. If The US decides to attack and bomb Iran for example, its not the people of America doing it, its the global elitists controlling the men in uniform. Yes, there are individual acts of rape and sodomizing in war and unfortunately in everyday life, but that is on such a minority scale it defamates

I really thought i was going to have to yell at you for a minute then i read the rest and i do have to agree. The truth is soldiers are trained to kill yes but believe me when i say this is not taken lately i assure you. As for rape and torture i can honestly say the people i served with wouldn't do that.When in the army i always tried to make sure we did the best job we could and tried to make sure i could live with any decisions i made.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

As for rape and torture i can honestly say the people i served with wouldn't do that.When in the army i always tried to make sure we did the best job we could and tried to make sure i could live with any decisions i made.

I believe you when you say that because its really not human in my opinion to do something you couldnt live with.

Also, I didnt mean to sound as if I was directing guilt towards the soldiers abroad.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

I believe you when you say that because its really not human in my opinion to do something you couldnt live with.

People not being able to live with things they have done in the past are sensitive enough to recognise those mistakes. This sensitivity is what i call hell. Hell while being in earth. True regret.

Its human to make mistakes. Its also human to recognise those mistakes later under expanded experience & perception, or different circumstances.
Sometimes this can be painfull enough as to become a living hell.

If only everyone shared this same sensitivity this world would be a much better place, in absence/reduction of the few making the big mistakes/sins on others backs.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I guess your right. I see a future where we save everyone and everything and all life on earth live as one in peace and harmony. In love and prosperity...........

Then a 5 mile wide meteor smashes us and we are gone like the dinosaurs, but at least we didnt cause it ourselves.
Keep in mind that scientists do not argue over IF mass extinction will occur again, but rather when. So to everyone worried about us killing the enviroment trust me, the earth will be here long after we are gone. Also it should be mentioned that any damage we do to this planet will correct itself after we kill ourselves so dont worry for the planet worry for us humans.
With regards to the guy who said expect the worse get the worse, i agree. Very very correct. I wasnt trying to say focus on the worst i was just trying to agree with the other guy that ti aint all sunshine an dlollipops either. I agreed to what he said about facing up to what human is and it aint just sweet candy kisses. Oh and how can we not focus on the bad things about being human when every day its shoved in our faces how evil we are to this planet and to each other. Everyone wants change but noone wants to face what they need to change about themselves first. Kinda funny to me how we all work psychologically.
Duality is awesome

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What a great video! I dont have sound so I dont know if anything was said as to who these two men were but no words were needed. It brought tears to my eyes! Truly amazing!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

Oh and how can we not focus on the bad things about being human when every day its shoved in our faces how evil we are to this planet and to each other. Everyone wants change but noone wants to face what they need to change about themselves first.

I very much agree with you.

However consider after watching the following video that we are not really as bad. Many are just conditioned through the false system to being bad. WATCH You might agree with me...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I can agree in part conditioning can play a roll.But again humans are diffrent there is all ways somone who will buck the system. And if these were humans there would also be negotiations as an option.Humans are complicated and just cant be conditioned easily.Which is good and bad. Humans being bad is a choice everybody decides how far they can go and whats ok with them. Some people think its ok to cheat as long as something good happens others feel cheating is wrong still others have decided cheating is ok in certain situations. As being human there will all ways be diffrent degrees of right and wrong. I personnally learned the hard way i used to lie a lot. However getting older i learned its far easier to tell the truth take the heat then try to maintain lies.Lies have a way of growing to the int where eventually your caught.It might start out small but they all ways get bigger trust me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join