It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humor on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
If you are deemed too sarcastic, you will find your points missing faster than a Harry Potter book at Day Care.

That's a good one, I haven't heard that for five or six minutes!!

Bottom line: if you want to get off the bus at Sillyville, this ain't the right stop.

Is that near Jeopardy, where all the good jobs are?

Nah, you're right, ATS isn't the place for Humor.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallsorts

Hey, you out sarcasticed me.

"Beware the flatterer, he feeds you with an empty spoon." - Cosino DeGregio.

Ever heard that one before?

Regards...KK

EDIT TO FIX TYPO, THANKS BLUPBLUP.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

With an empty what...and how soon?

You're welcome KK..... this is the humour thread right?

[edit on 5/6/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You are all right!

I think humor has it's place as long as nobody gets offended and it's not too far off topic.

Why I laugh at you all the time this place is a riot sometimes.

Joking.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Arent we all grown ups here? Cant we just ignore alot of the snide comments? I dont think there should be points deducted for it.

I mean come on, I can see if someones sole purpose on this site is to mock and be rude, then by all means, ban them, deduct points, whatever.

But if once in a great while someone decides to poke fun at something I dont see any problem with just ignoring it. Or simply asking the person to stop if your the sensitive type.

I think most of use here, if someone felt like someone was being rude on purpose, if we were asked to knock it off by the OP, im pretty sure were mature enough to just simply apoligize and get on with our day.

I feel like im typing on pins and needs sometimes.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
Arent we all grown ups here? Cant we just ignore alot of the snide comments? I dont think there should be points deducted for it.

I mean come on, I can see if someones sole purpose on this site is to mock and be rude, then by all means, ban them, deduct points, whatever.

But if once in a great while someone decides to poke fun at something I dont see any problem with just ignoring it. Or simply asking the person to stop if your the sensitive type.

I think most of use here, if someone felt like someone was being rude on purpose, if we were asked to knock it off by the OP, im pretty sure were mature enough to just simply apoligize and get on with our day.

I feel like im typing on pins and needs sometimes.

they wanna beat me up when I try to be funny

just remember I'm an evil cop

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by parisinflames

Uh maybe if you didn't tell us your a cop in every single thread people wouldn't know, and you would be able to have a convo without people taking their angst against the police out on you.

Just a thought. Maybe, I dunno.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

set course for denial of one's self.
engage.

and let's all have good laugh at my funny haircut...or lack thereof.
It's amazing what one can get away with when they poke fun at themselves a bit haha.

"call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for dinner"
........Pretty much the best i've heard of

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Uh maybe if you didn't tell us your a cop in every single thread people wouldn't know, and you would be able to have a convo without people taking their angst against the police out on you.

Just a thought. Maybe, I dunno.

well..I feel it helps to make my point from a professional standpoint, plus it makes me feel better aboutmyself, because , well it's like this. I was beat up alot in high school, and it hurt, so One day I stole some of my dad's protein shake mix, and started benchpressing 50 lbs in my garage while rocking out to "we're not gonna take it" See 80's power anthems have always helped me cope with the stresses of life, so after I broke the 60 lb mark. I approached a longtime bully and attempted some moves that only shaolin monks can pull off, I got beat up again, and from that day I started growing a moustache and wearing huge aviator sunglasses, vowing to take it out on society for all my hardships, I befriended a group of trekkies who took me under their wing. After showing me how to use the "force" I joined the "force" and since that day innocent people have trembled before me and I feedoff their misery and concentrate that misery into super cop dude powers which I shoot at other innocents as I tase 72 year old texans and bludgeon minorities to death..only for sustinence though

do you read all my posts btw?

E-Stalker!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

You know there is a cure for what you are suffering from.
It's called Incarceration. Wont do much for you but will do wonders for everybody else.

So let me get this straight.

You were a puny weakling that got picked on and beat up a lot as a child. Then you drank weight gain powder then started benching 50lbs
. Thought you were tough cuz you listened to big hair bands of the 80s
and got your rear handed to you Again
. then you were befriended by some Trekkie's [which is about the coolest and most realistic part of the story]

They taught you the ways of the force so you can now take out your anger and frustration on Old women and innocent victims.

You didn't burn things or kill a lot of small woodland creatures when you were alone did you?

Have you ever heard the words "Prozac" and "Therapy"

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

You know there is a cure for what you are suffering from.
It's called Incarceration. Wont do much for you but will do wonders for everybody else.

So let me get this straight.

You were a puny weakling that got picked on and beat up a lot as a child. Then you drank weight gain powder then started benching 50lbs
. Thought you were tough cuz you listened to big hair bands of the 80s
and got your rear handed to you Again
. then you were befriended by some Trekkie's [which is about the coolest and most realistic part of the story]

They taught you the ways of the force so you can now take out your anger and frustration on Old women and innocent victims.

You didn't burn things or kill a lot of small woodland creatures when you were alone did you?

Have you ever heard the words "Prozac" and "Therapy"

FAIL! this is the humor thread so writing a terarted story seemed to fit, the only thing true in the above was tasering 72 year old texans

and no I do not harm animals, and never have
thats simply not cool. I don't even hunt...well unless it's for some well deserving jaywalker to pepper spray for fun.

It's even funnier you thought that was all a real explanation of my persona

FAIL

And the coolest part being about trekkies

DOUBLE FAIL

[edit on 06/02/2009 by parisinflames]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Yeah right!

Come on admit it...

You run around your dirty apartment wearing nothing but your boots, boxers and holster with your hat on and stop at every mirror and flex.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Yeah right!

Come on admit it...

You run around your dirty apartment wearing nothing but your boots, boxers and holster with your hat on and stop at every mirror and flex.

LMAO

like this guy
i207.photobucket.com...

I have a clean house

and I haven't upgraded from tighty whiteys yet...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Where did you get my picture from?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Where did you get my picture from?

How can that be you when that's me......NOH MY GOD A CONSPIRACY!!

hurry alert that guy who made loose change

Loose ammo...the armed to the teeth with airsoft identity conspiracy

WE WANT TRUTH

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
My sense of humor doesn't translate well either to the internet or to polite conversation, so I rarely exercise it here.
As for people on ATS in general, I have unfavorable view points, to some members of ATS.
I've been insulted, which is fine by me, and my family's been insulted, which isn't.

Part of the reason I enjoy coming here is it helps me work out my anger issues. If I were talking with someone and they'd made such comments, with exceptions, I'd have punched them.
However, I think I've done a good job keeping myself in check, and have so gotten by with only a couple of posts removed.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
My sense of humor doesn't translate well either to the internet or to polite conversation, so I rarely exercise it here.
As for people on ATS in general, I have unfavorable view points, to some members of ATS.
I've been insulted, which is fine by me, and my family's been insulted, which isn't.

Part of the reason I enjoy coming here is it helps me work out my anger issues. If I were talking with someone and they'd made such comments, with exceptions, I'd have punched them.
However, I think I've done a good job keeping myself in check, and have so gotten by with only a couple of posts removed.

I have felt the same way about some members on here...but I would have used a roundhouse kick. I'm not gonna lie, I hated the first few days on here, but now I like it quite a bit, I still think some people on here are tools, and their views are assy, but They probably think the same about me.

The joy of them internets is meeting D-bags on a global scale, not just in the same room anymore lol.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Hey, you out sarcasticed me.

When my Grandmother smiled, she could curdle milk at sixty paces, and my aunt sucked lemons as a hobby! Me, I'm a pussy cat.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is me after spending a few months on ATS...I don't seem to get the same attention from women as I used to. Do you guys think it's the beard? Is it too much?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b5d2bd23b183.jpg[/atsimg]

I'd like to see more humor on ATS. There's some witty-ass members that need more chances to shine

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You probably don't want to read this thread then

Detroit PD Sucks!

Getting lots of people from Detroit here lately, I think it's a conspiracy, (or those stickers I been putting near Woodward and Congress.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join