It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell: was it an Alien Crash?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't understand why everyone insists on the fact that Roswell was an alien crash landing. Wouldn't it make more sense for the government to be covering up the fact that they had created a Mylar balloon which was used to spy on the Soviet union? Wouldn't it be BETTER for the government to let people think it was an alien crash landing than telling the Soviets we were spying on them? If you wanted to keep what you were doing a secret wouldn't it be better to mislead the public into believing you were hiding something about Aliens as opposed to listening in on the other Superpower in the world? Just curious what your thoughts are on this.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I thought that but then i got this book called "the day after roswell" Its achully mega epic. you should totally read it

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think there is a strong chance that there was an alien crash at Roswell and I'll try to explain why.

I've been interested in UFOs to the point I was reading books about it since I was a kid in the early 70s. That interest has waxed and waned over the years, but I'm back on it now. All the UFO events from prior to the early 70s that were poured over in the books then are the same as the pre 70s events that are poured over now, with one exception. It's Roswell. Never heard of or read a word about it in those years.

The event simply vanished from consciousness for 30 years. Yet when it came back, it was all there. The newspaper and radio stories with the big announcement, then the quick change in the story to the weather balloon did happen. No one can deny that. How did the UFO media, and it has existed for decades, miss or forget about this from 1947 to the late 70s? The lid just shouldn't have clamped down so tightly on an event that was just a weather balloon no matter how secret it's supposed application.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

So are you saying that people who spoke out about it being a UFO were actually suppressed by the US government?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
We can't prove that the craft that crashed was of extraterrestrial origin, but we definitely can prove that the government is covering up the truth of the event.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

I agree. Just so there is no confusion here, I am NOT asking you to prove that the government is hiding a UFO. I am simply offering an alternative view of what Roswell could have been.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Because there's no way that Major Jesse Marcel mistook a Project Mogul balloon array for a crashed alien craft.

Major Jesse Marcel was the head Roswell base intelligence officer (A-2). Accordingly he was trained and familiar with all types of radar reflector systems and materials. None of the material in the Project Mogul balloon arrays was mysterious or would seem "out of this world." Only the purpose of the project was top secret, not the materials themselves.

Plus the size of the debris field Major Jesse Marcel and Mack Brazel described (((3/4 mile long and a lot of debris))) is much larger than what a Mogul Balloon array debris field would have been.

www.youtube.com...

The Air Force "Cased Closed" report authored by Col. Richard L. Weaver was bunk.

Plus a considerable amount of witnesses both military and civilian saw the alien bodies.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Don't forget about the Ramey Memo. Part of it looks like "Victims of the wreck" to me. I doubt there would have been any "victims" in some stupid spy balloon.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Roswell, like a few other events, has risen to the height of legend and is the holy land for the true believers, lol. There is not a chance that most will stand idly by why you insult their religion.

The only thing that is known for sure is that they did cover up something, and that for some ODD reason it took 30 years for anyone to remember (gee, how'd that slip their mind?lol) until some whacked out "nuclear physicist" suddenly found a way to make a little money....and what do you know, people start coming out of the wood work, not fearing the government that kept them so quiet for 30 years, lol.

I personally think Roswell is laughable, but not as laughable as the Rendelsham joke.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
reply to post by fls13

So are you saying that people who spoke out about it being a UFO were actually suppressed by the US government?

I'm no expert on Roswell, but I'm certain the folks who did come forward, 30 years after the fact, have been asked why they said nothing for so long. As I understand it, a 30 year reunion was held and that's where the revelations started, particularly with Major Marcel.

I do know this. The initial story directly from the base was unambiguous. Crashed flying saucer. The subsequent changes in the short term and the complete disappearance of the story over 30 years speak for themselves.

www.roswellufofestival.com...

[edit on 2-6-2009 by fls13]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Would you mind elaborating on why you think Rendelsham is such a joke? Admittedly i've only a passing interest in the subject, but i'd always been under the impression that it was a very reliably documented incident.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

was the impact site really in roswell? could be in corona actually

new topics

top topics

join