It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing with Light is science not science fiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
HEALING WITH LIGHT

Star Trek scanners that fix injuries with beams of light may not be science fiction after all. A new optical technology that lines up living cells and controls their movements has opened the door to better artificial tissues and wounds that heal faster with less scarring.

For years, scientists have used the energy in laser light to drill microscopic holes or as tweezers or traps to direct and maneuver small pieces of matter. Guiding entire cells, though, has proven difficult because the lasers used for manipulation tend to damage the structural units of living organisms.

Now Aristide Dogariu and colleagues at the University of Central Florida in Orlando have developed an optical procedure that does not harm cells, but affects their skeletons – an ensemble of slender rods made out of an abundant protein called actin. The actin rods are constantly growing and shrinking inside of cells. The direction in which they grow changes the cell's membrane shape and dictates where the cell moves.

www.eurekalert.org...

This is an interesting article with other technologies as well. This means we could direct cells to repair damaged tissue faster among other things.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
There is a frequency and there are harmonics to accomplish anything and everything, we just have to find out what they are.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Exactly,

I remember reading about Tesla and resonance. He said if you could find the natural frequency of something and match it you could cause it to move and break. He tried it in his apartment and made the building shake. I read somewhere he said he could split the earth in two.

I always thought if we could find the natural frequency of a tumor or a cancer cell and break it apart. This would be some kind of Harmonics Therapy.

I'm suprised you don't see more resonance technologies.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by platosallegory]

new topics

join