It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Mother 'Led Sons In Armed Robbery Gang'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

US Mother 'Led Sons In Armed Robbery Gang'

news.sky.com

A 51-year-old mother has been accused of leading an armed robbery gang - which included her young sons and their friends. Police said Cynthia White Roberson, who lost her job six weeks ago, made the gang commit the offences to pay for her rent and a car loan.

Four boys, including her two sons aged 12 and 14, and three men, Jorge Elias, 18, Tony Vaughn, 20, and Jason Moore, 20, were also accused of the same offences.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
First I laughed a little about this stupid gangster mum! then I understood how tragical this really is!

In these hard economical times we have a mum who turn her family into a gangster crew and makes robbery a family affair to pay her debts.

I'm not defending her actions at all, I think doing this is terrible wrong and disgusting! and that she is responsable for this.

Something is really wrong when you use your own family for crimes.

It's sad that some people that are so desperate that they can rob and hurt other people by taking the easy way out!

But OTOH! if my kids in a tough economic future were very hungry, maybe I would be doing something similar and drastic myself to be able to feed them if everything else has failed?

But that would maybe in situation when TSHTF and when human beings are fighting for their survival! - and we're not there yet!

So yes! what she did was very crazy and wrong! for taking the easy way out like this is disgusting- there's no excuses! - but still I feel sorry for her anyway in some strange way? *shrug*

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yeah I agree this story is very tragic. Now her children are criminals with no future. She robbed them of any chance because most likely the under-age children will be sent to the youth home and the young adults will be felons.

It is almost impossible to get a decent legitimate job as a felon. So the criminality will always be a part of their lives. Very sad indeed.
Sometimes desperate times bring desperate measures. Sad, I know, but the world is becoming harder and harder each passing day.

Good find!

join