It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Company Said to Be Buyer of Hummer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by Jadette

SAAB is going back to the government of sweden IIRC as they too arn`t making money

GM as a company was poorly run for years - as you rightly said they announced this last year - way before obama.

but the facts shouldn`t get in the way of a good trolling from the OP.

I heard from different [Swedish]sources that Koenigsegg is buying Saab...
www.reuters.com...

www.nu.nl...

picture that: a saab 95 with the technology of Koenigsegg

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
As it stands, the only American car company I will support is Ford, but if they keep making those big-ass Ford F-650's I may not support them for long.

Of course that is your choice but let's not get rid of the choice for others to buy one only because you don't like them or think they serve no purpose.

Those things serve absolutely NO PURPOSE and are the epitomy of what people with too much money will spend it on.

Again, this is your opinion and not fact.

They do serve a purpose but let's say for argument sake they don't. So what? Does a person have to have a practical use for the vehicle they buy? Do you want to make that a law?

I have the right to buy any car I want for any reason, even if there is no reason except that I want it to show off.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
Why do you think that Obama had anything to do with the decision to sell Hummer? You do know that GM announced that they were selling Hummer, Saturn, SAAB and Pontiac etc, months and months ago.

Except you are wrong. Obama and his Auto group have taken control of GM and Chrysler. Who fired GM's CEO? BHO!

Why can't GM and Chrysler go through the normal bankruptcy process (as Chrysler did successfully in 1989, and as GM considered TWICE in the past 3 years)? Because Obama wants to assert control over the re-organization process!

Why would Obama say "We do not intend to stay in the automobile business for long," if we weren't in the auto (GM) business?

Who gave a "loan" to GM with a MANDATE that they 're-organize' by June 15, OR ELSE? BHO!

Why would auto manufacturers under Obama's control order the loss of franchise rights of profitable dealerships and spare politically friendly ones? Chicago thug politics!

What normal bkcy of any business is mapped out and pre-planned by the Federal Gov't? None!
The GM and Chrysler fiascoes have been orchestrated by Obama as part-payment to the UAW for their support. They violate bankruptcy rules of preference. They violate Constitutional protection of contracts. They make no economic sense.

If you haven't seen any of this, and more, you either aren't paying attention, or you are a blind devotee of the messiah.

deny ignorance

jw

[edit on 2-6-2009 by jdub297]

[edit on 2-6-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I wonder if the Chinese have thought this through, the Hummer hasn't exactly been selling all that well lately.

Personally I always thought they were crap from a quality standpoint, now with Chinese oversight I'm certain they will be.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

And yet, still, the firing and the control began AFTER public declarations of the intentions to get rid of these various brands were made.

As for why they can't just go through chapter 11, is because that wouldn't have been enough to save them. They got 'bailed out' by the taxpayer and in order to be responsible about it, it came with government oversight.

But GM didn't have to take the money. They could have simply failed and closed shop. It wasn't some nefarious plot to by the government to be in the car business.

As to whether or not bailing the car industry out is the right thing to do, I can't say. But we've done it before in the past and that did also involve oversight.

I have also read about the dealships that were closed, and I have read the list. Speculation that it was a 'hit' against anyone not politically friendly to this administration is just that - speculation. There are many democrats on that list too, If anything a quick study of mapping of the dealerships seem to show that it's more about location than anything else. In my opinion the jury is still out on any 'conspiracy'. And wouldn't it be a petty little conspiracy too? The political donations these people gave didn't amount to much. Seems very hard for me to believe that doing such a thing would accomplish much, so why in the world would you go to such great lengths?

Also, you think Obama caused GM and Chrysler's troubles? Really? I have trouble believing that. As others have said, these entities have been skidding along for some time now.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
When will the F22 manufacture Outsource to China?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Its a done deal..yep its sold

General Motors, fresh from filing for bankruptcy protection, reached a deal to sell its Hummer brand to a Chinese industrial machinery firm Sichuan Tengzhong.

Tengzhong "will acquire the rights to the premium off-road Hummer brand, along with a senior management and operational team," a joint statement from the companies said.

"It will also assume existing dealer agreements relating to Hummer's dealership network."

Final terms of the deal are still being negotiated.

Tengzhong could also enter into a "long-term contract assembly and key component and material supply agreement" with GM, the statement said.

GM had said that it expected the deal to secure more than 3,000 US jobs.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
How many times does it have to be repeated, the Hummer brand has absolutely nothing to do with the Humvee's the military use's. Only the brand is being sold, the military Humvee's are still going to be produced by AM General which isn't even a part of GM. We're not loosing any defense contractors, and the Humvee's will stay in the US. No need to panic.

And like I said earlier, Hummer is a worthless brand. Let the Chinese loose money on it. Given how the brand continues to fall and now with the fact that it won't be at all American I predict that the Chinese won't see a return on this investment.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

They do serve a purpose but let's say for argument sake they don't. So what? Does a person have to have a practical use for the vehicle they buy? Do you want to make that a law?

I have the right to buy any car I want for any reason, even if there is no reason except that I want it to show off.

I hear you, however, isn't that exactly what hurt Hummer's reputation, aside from the horrid gas mileage and bad reliability? And where is it now? In the hands of some Chinese heavy machinery company.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

The key is the dealer network. Watch, they will use the Hummer dealer network to introduce cheap chinese cars. Thats why they wanted to buy Chrysler before Obama brought Fiat in.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Hummer H1 was the military vehicle.

Hummer H2 and H3 are junk and always have been.

All they have ever been was a hummer style body put on a truck frame.

Any EX military that drove the military hummer and have driven the H2 and H3 will tell you that they are cr*p and this is why the never sold to die-hard offroaders and are just a fuel guzzling street machine.

So in buying the GM hummer the Chinese are buying a piece of cr*p and they will find if they import them into the US they will lose money and fail.

And that is with the US design.
Once the Chinese redesign it and build it from cheaper built parts it will even be worse.

It may end up to be a vehicle the US will no let them import due to new fuel mileage laws.

Chinese Hummer = Yugo
# How do you make a Yugo go faster?
A towtruck.
# What do you call the shock absorbers inside a Yugo?
Passengers.
# Two guys in a Yugo were arrested last night in Oakland following a push-by shooting incident.
# The new Yugo has an air bag. When you sense an impending accident, start pumping real fast.
# A friend went to a dealer the other day and said, "I'd like a gas cap for my Yugo." The dealer replied, "Okay. Sounds like a fair trade."
# I have also said for years that the car is named because "Yugo, but it doesn't".
# How can you get a Yugo to do 60 miles an hour?
Push it over a cliff.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
It just hit me. What if the collapse of the auto industry and the selling of auto companies in china is in any way related to us paying off our debt to them?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
reply to post by jdub297

And yet, still, the firing and the control began AFTER public declarations of the intentions to get rid of these various brands were made.

As for why they can't just go through chapter 11, is because that wouldn't have been enough to save them. They got 'bailed out' by the taxpayer and in order to be responsible about it, it came with government oversight.

that's right but how could GM get suckered into this? Did they really thought they could have saved the company with the bailouts?, cause with such a way to postpone it they know they owe the taxpayers and the admin..Of course they wanted to get rid of Hummer, but now GM has lost substantial freedom in their interprise..

And what if those companies dont comply with the CHinese [of selling their assets] ? will they stop lending? i don't think so

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
reply to post by tristar

The key is the dealer network.

Exactly!

With local production, marketing and sales, they have their "foot in the door" with a ready-made vertically-integrated auto industry in the US. They will not need GM to make and import cars, unless Obama pushes for trade embargoes, tariffs or other measures to protect the US market.

If he does so, he will outrage his EU and Asian 'friends,' who will cry about "free trade" and "protectionism."

jw

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Any EX military that drove the military hummer and have driven the H2 and H3 will tell you that they are cr*p and this is why the never sold to die-hard offroaders and are just a fuel guzzling street machine.

Yeah, i've always liked the original humvee, it seems like a very capable machine and i'm glad it's not made by GM, but it's far too wide for offroading, for me personally anyway...some of the areas i get myself into are pretty narrow...

The GM "hummer" line, although truly worthless offroad, is a symbol of rich American excesses, it's just ironic that they are selling them to China and is kind of a symbolic slap in the face of our national pride. But yeah, i'd NEVER have bought a hummer from GM anyway.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by 27jd]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join