It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy to Keep Christians Dumb.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There seems to lie an oxymoron within Christianity. Its called the "preacher." There are many names for this position. Many roles this position is obligated to fulfill as well. But the main goal and the main role is to be a teacher. And to be clear a teacher is supposed to educate and inform those who listen. Many of these "teachers" are admittedly good people. But in listening to these sermons that are given by these supposedly intelligent, educated people are nothing more than twisted messages meant to confuse and dumb down the listener. It would seem that logic and common sense must be thrown out the window just to stay in the same room. If you do not believe me, then please turn your t.v. to TBN. This is one of the most sickening t.v. stations on the air today. The most manipulativa and fake poeple I have ever seen. It is the epitme of what I am talking about. These preachers and their messages are among the biggest co-conspirators we as a human race have ever witnessed and that is: keeping Christians dumb.

Was this intentional or a by-product of thousands of years of mis-interpretation? I think part of this is very, very intentional. One very good reason is for the old world sin: greed. If the people who are attending church and listening to the watered down generalized message that is spewed at many of these places of worship dont actually understand what it is they are listening to or if it is not explained to them correctly, they will think they know what the message means and apply it to their life and feel "fullfilled" like God has touched them in some way. And therefore, these same people will return to once again fill the tithing basket with their hard earned green. And unsurprisingly the people that remain "dumb" always seem to be the poorest. Their certainly are exceptions, but generally the poor are the uneducated and dumb. They are the easiest to manipulate. They listen to what they are told with no explanation and know nothing of questioning to help enlighten themselves with the messages they are given. For example I know of many Christians who believe Jesus Christ will literally descend from the clouds on a white horse when he "returns"; because that is what they heard in Church. And, because they are told they can "trust" this person speaking to them the "word of God," this is what they must believe will actually take place. There is also the belief that heaven literally resides in the sky and is a physical place you go to when you die. This is rampant throughout evangelical Christianity, and is an excellent example of a teaching that helps to rot your brain. In many cases there is no attempt to explain these metaphors and the allegorical meanings. They simply state what is in their bible and let the dumb piece a picture into their mind of what they have just been told.

In my opinion this is quite sickening for people of the human race in the year 2009 to be subjected to. To believe without question whether it makes sense or not. If this is not conspiracy on grand scale, please tell me what is!

Lets not forget, this methodology has been used for thousands of years in all different religions. And we should keep in mind there are different levels of this sort of manipulation. Ranging from complete and utter B.S. religions such as Scientology to different Christian Cults to spiritual (wannabe buddhist) camps to your local church on the corner that likes to put their own twist on things, especially if it grows the congregation and keeps the bucks rollin in. Its the same human traits that drives and motivates each church that is disengenuous, even if only at times. So here we have 2 very powerful motivations for Churches to spew nonsense without any explanations.

1. GREED (keep the bucks rollin in)
2. RESPECT (or sway of opinion, this is used in political ideological teaching as well)...which leads to the next level of manipulation which is...
3. POWER (or keeping to entrenched in their way of thought. or keeping you inline with thier way of thinking and belief set)

Is there a main player in all of this? Why yes there is, the originals, the early leaders of the Catholic Church or should I say, **ahem** Catholic Empire. Their ridiculous corruption and neglegent keep of trust that people have bestowed in them for the first 1800 years or so. And here we are today not straying too far from the original message. People stay dumb. People keep trusting and as long as we keep them dumbed down they will keep coming back like the trained monkeys they are. Conspiracy? I think so.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
A question to Christians. Are you embarrassed that fellow Christians believe Jesus Christ will return on a white horse descending from the clouds?

Do you believe in this literal translation?

thanks for replying.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Hey mate, I do believe that Jesus of Nazereth will come from the heavens. But another thing is that i do not go to church. I am a spiritual scientist. Now of course the bible has been translated many of times over, but lets face it the same message is true:

1) Accept Jesus as savior
2) Live by the commandments
3) Follow the golden rule

It doesn't matter if you accept evolution or creation. As long as you do the above you entry into heaven is guranteed. I do not go to church because I personally do not think it is a necessity. Infact, as long as you keep holy the Sabbath and worship God on the Sabbath, its basically the same thing.

Hope that helps ya.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think I see the problem. You are basing your views on "preachers" from TV evangelists.

Turn off your TV, find someone who lives a Godly life (they do exist if you are looking), and ask to go to church with them.

Do you live in Indiana? You are welcome to come with me.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

If you do not believe me, then please turn your t.v. to TBN. This is one of the most sickening t.v. stations on the air today.

TBN isn't the best source for deducing what Christianity is like. I am a Christian and I know the Bible fairly well and when I watch that network, I get confused. The reason being that TBN is more or less on the extreme edge of the Charismatic Movement. They're not concerned about teaching as much as the sign gifts and making sure people believe only in those. Many of the preachers that they show are known cons, such as Benny Hinn.

If you do a search on the internet, you will see plenty of coherent messages put together by many competent teachers.

But to answer the question, no, there is no conspiracy to keep Christians dumb. Any good church will encourage the congregants to not simply accept what the speaker says to go and search the Scriptures themselves. I do that every day. While my opinions may line up with others, it's because I studied the Scriptures and reached those conclusions myself.

Don't knock people for believing by faith. God said that the just live by their faith. Every person on earth today lives their lives with some degree of faith. For example, we have faith that when we flip the light switch it will go on because we don't take the time to examine the circuits and make sure the power is still running to our house from the power company.

Are you embarrassed that fellow Christians believe Jesus Christ will return on a white horse descending from the clouds?

Do you believe in this literal translation?

No, I'm not embarrassed by that because that is what the Bible teaches. I do interpret "literally" for this reason. The Bible is a letter from God to man. Now, if your mom writes you a letter, you're not going to try and find the "hidden meaning" would you. No! You read the words as they're written.

The Bible says what it means and means what it says.

[edit on 6/2/2009 by octotom]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I think I see the problem. You are basing your views on "preachers" from TV evangelists.

no, not at all. I am basing my views from what I was taught as a child. much of it is in alignment with that particularexample I gave though.

Also, most aspects of that t.v. station is aligned within evangelical christianity. And evangelical Christianity is rampant through the bible belt. It is the most extreme form of manipulation I could come up with. (other than islamo-fascism). but I dont know the origination of this way of thinking???

But I assure you, many many churches are in bed with these types of teachings, rather than trying to find true value in what messages the Bible may be giving you. It is taken word for word and a subjective approach is denied completely.

The conspiracy lies within the Church that emphasizes this type of ignorant thinking. Keep the message dumbed down so no questioning or subjective thinking occurs and we can keep people in the pews.

Again, the results are always the same.

1. money
2. respect which leads to power (albeit a false respect or one based on lies)

these are the major motivations for the catholic church. evangelicalism stems from the catholic church, thats why i use them by name.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

For example, we have faith that when we flip the light switch it will go on because we don't take the time to examine the circuits and make sure the power is still running to our house from the power company

actually my friend you gave a great example of deductive reasoning. thanks for proving my point.
this is what most churches fail to observe and fail to teach.

I find a good example of false faith (which is much of the evangelical teachings based on) to be when a teacher (preacher) tells you "pick up a rock and throw it over the mountain." After you throw it and fail to make it over the mountain, he will tell you to try again. Encouraging you to do it over and over again, no matter how unreasonable it may be to ever throw that rock over the mountain.

the church knows you will never be able to throw that "rock" over the "mountain." they know you dont understand what that "rock" is, or how far that "mountain" is away. And the reality does not matter. They will forever tell you to have faith and that you can do it. This is manipulation. This is what the majority of Christianity is based on today. Not deductive reasoning as you mentioned earlier.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

1) Accept Jesus as savior
2) Live by the commandments
3) Follow the golden rule

heaven...ahhhh yes, heaven. the reason for being a "good" individual.

what if your religion told you that you must do these things mentioned above, but there was no heaven? would you still be inclined to "follow the commandments"? would jesus matter so much?

or would it be more evident that the church is playing on your ignorance of what reality is and is not? would it matter if you believe in jesus..without a heaven?

i dig the golden rule though!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

They will forever tell you to have faith and that you can do it.

This sounds like an example of Charismatic, not truly Evangelical, teaching. The reason that I say this is because Charismatics always teach that if you have faith, 'God will heal you' or [which I hate], 'God will give you the money!'. It is true that we need faith. But, we need to have faith in what Jesus has called us to do and what he wants to accomplish. Not the Earthly goals and achievements that we want to accomplish.

If I may ask, what type of church did you grow up in?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

it was a non denominational christian school. but they were very literal and traditional with their teaching of the bible....(earth created in 7 days and so on) then, believe it or not, where I lost my "faith" was in a catholic high school. i kind of lost interest at the same time of learning not everything in the Bible was literal...which was a big time shocker to me.

but they never taught us (or maybe i wasnt paying attention) what was meant o be literal and what was not. My interest in the subject has come from my own interest of the age old question: where did we come from?My searching of that began my re-insurgence of interets in the Bible and interpretation of its messages.

which has lead me to search history and come to certain partial conclusions about christianity and other religions in general. I believe history is the answer to most Biblical interpretations. learning of ancient hebrew traditions and Sumerian religions have had an impact as well.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

charismatic is the way they choose to spread evangelicalism. their teaching are easily consistant with traditional evangelicalism. that is just the way they try to get your attention, as silly as much of it seems to be.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Hey mate, I do believe that Jesus of Nazereth will come from the heavens.

ok, but this can be interpreted in multiple ways. do you believe in a physical place of heaven like the way traditional teaching says Moses went? Like a physical place in the sky?

different dimensional heaven? figuratievly heaven? or heavens as in "stars?"

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
While I would agree with some of your observations concerning Christian TV and some evangelists, you need to keep your examples of incorrect teachings such as the “heaven is a physical place” and “Christ’s return in the clouds” as somehow being misrepresented by today’s preachers, a little better thought out. Nowhere in the Bible are two examples of a “real event” such as the return of Christ in the clouds, or the “physical reality” o f heaven more clear in the Word. These aren’t metaphors nor are they symbols of something that the reader is simply to hold as an ideal or vision. There are plenty of “nuts” out there preaching a “manipulative” Gospel, but I would encourage you now that you have expressed your frustrations to forgive those who have offended you. Simple advice that will have deep and lasting effects in your life. The absolute here is that “truth is truth” no matter who is saying it. Sometimes it will be a person of integrity and other times it will be a con-artist. Judge the message by its merits and not only by the messenger.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Probably so. I mean its the right thing to do, even if their were no laws, people would have a system and set or morals.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

you need to keep your examples of incorrect teachings such as the “heaven is a physical place” and “Christ’s return in the clouds” as somehow being misrepresented by today’s preachers, a little better thought out. Nowhere in the Bible are two examples of a “real event” such as the return of Christ in the clouds, or the “physical reality” o f heaven more clear in the Word. These aren’t metaphors nor are they symbols of something that the reader is simply to hold as an ideal or vision.

Im totally confused. Are you saying the Bible says there is a physical place and that Jesus will return in the clouds or are you saying it does not say that? They are metaphors or they are meant to be interpreted literaly?

to forgive those who have offended you.

It would not be me that needs to forgive. It would be those Christians who have invested their faith and trust in a falsely presented message by those "preachers" who have intentionally lied and manipulated. But good advice indeed.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Read what I'm saying, yes these are literal events and places. It is clear from Christ's own words about these two examples.

And yes, you need to forgive those who have offended you from the pulpit, whether it was done intentionally or through ignorance. Its clear from your first post that you have real anger at some preachers and while I agree with some of what you said its clear you have been effected badly and I dont want to see good preachers thrown in with the bad and saying all are simply manipulating the poor dumb masses for their money.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Rockstrongo37]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Interesting. just to be clear, you would believe in Jesus even if heaven were not a factor?

Just wondering what purpose that would serve you? Why do you feel that you need a savior? Do you believe you were headed down a path of disgrace and unrighteousness and could not change your position without help? Therefor turning to Jesus helped you out of a dark time? Just wondering, because I have seen first hand stories where people invested their life into "Jesus" and it did seem to help. But if you just felt that you needed a savior, like a "father of sorts?" Some people need that extra comort, assuring them someone is always with them, even in the end. What was your motivation for "accepting Jesus" as your savior?..if u dont mind me asking...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Im beginning to see that you were sort of misrepresenting yourself in your first posting. It looked like maybe you were a "spiritual" person purhaps with a background in the "church" who was sick of the hyprocricy and manipulation that happens amongst the clergy from time to time. Now your sounding more like a "pagan" who isnt really interested in seeing honesty and intregrity come back to the clergy, but instead now your leaving the entire topic and moving to just a cynical judgement on the entire need for a "savior". I dont think anything I would say would interest you at this point, because something tells me that you have asked this question many many times before and arent truly interested in hearing what I have to say, but instead you are looking for something in my words that you can use to fuel your "fire" and hatred in the whole concept of "Jesus" and the "Messiah". I hope at some point you will truly meet him... your life will change but he never forces himself on anyone, that is the difference between a false Gospel and the true message.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

wow, i didnt think i conveyed that at all...

i can assure you i have no hate or anger against any preacher or anything of that nature. In some of my other posts i have acknowledged the overall good of christianity in general, and the many a persons that have been affected in a very positive way.

if i was throwing in all preachers in i apologize, but that is not my intention. Surely there are pure hearted preachers out there. I have met some and indeed most are good people.

but unfortunately, the church as a whole whether used in a good way or for something alterior is one of a manipulative nature. A side affect along with an intention is to get people not to think (or "dumb" them down).

For example, your assertion that Jesus will descend from the clouds. I would encourage you to find other interpretations of this part of your faith. I assure you they are out there, and they may help you to have a more indepth understanding of your belief

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Im beginning to see that you were sort of misrepresenting yourself in your first posting.[

how may i ask? becaus i am interested in someones decision making? I have no desire or need to flame the belief of Christ, in some people i would encourage it. I think you are taking my posts out of context.

i thikn integrity is and has been prevalent throughout the christian church.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join