It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2-Jun-09 : WHO : Swine FLU - Getting close to Level 6 Pandemic!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
“Globally we believe that we are at phase five but are getting closer to phase six,” said Keiji Fukuda, WHO assistant director-general, referring to the agency’s six-level pandemic alert system.

www.doomdaily.com...

It ramped from 1-5 in a short time... Quite a long wait to lvl 6

What are they worried about?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Level 6 means extraordinary powers. Emergency powers. The economy would take a hit. The dollar would take a hit. There would be military on the streets, quarantines, the whole nine yards...

Even if the whole thing is total BS with a death rate of less than one percent and less than 20.000 WORLDWIDE infected.

This is just propaganda so they can make people take the vaccine and give themselves more powers.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'd have to say they would really be shooting themselves in the foot if they boosted it to level 6.

There are hundreds of people dropping dead and I don't think people will go for it. This could turn out to be a very interesting situation.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Do you think it would be wise to go to 6, I mean the economy seems to be on such tender hooks right now. I am not too sure if it could handle the shutdown which would come with lvl 6.

Martial Law.... crazsy.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Word that, a star for you, couldn't have said it better myself.

And I do agree with Alex Jones on this issue, last month's panic was a beta-test.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Ahhh, I have to edit my post.

No it would not be wise. They would be making their organization out to be paranoid and power hungry.

The way the last post should have been stated was unless hundreds of people are dropping dead a day because of it there is no reason to even be at level 5. I don't see a justifiable reason to go to 6.

The effects would be devastating. People wouldn't understand it. It would really be working against their interest if they went to level 6. I just don't think people will buy it.

When the swine-flu scare happened I really didn't see anybody going crazy over it it was business as usual.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Looks like the MSM is covering this as well. From CNN:

www.cnn.com...

As well, Chile has reported its first H1N1 death:

www.voanews.com...

Right now Chile has the highest number of reported cases in the S.H.

BBC predicted it last week, and it seems level 6 is going to happen before there's a vaccine made. Buckle up.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

even though im aware that CNN and FOXNEWS are not really news...im surprised i have not heard more swine flu stuff, especially since this article claims we are nearing threat level 6, it feels alot like we have gone down to 0. which makes it all the more suspect we are nearing 6 to me and that it is in fact genuine.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
In addition to the probable declaration of Level 6, WHO has announced that H5N1 is resurfacing in Egypt- one DAY before Obama arrives:

www.who.int...

He will be with literally hundreds of people from DC and other US cities that are rife with H1N1 (and some of whom are no doubt exposed or infected, as was his aide in France last week): the opportunity for reassortment could not be planned better- and explains why WHO and the pharmas are creating not only an H1N1 vaccine AND an H5N1 vaccine before autumn.

Makes one wonder...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It seems that following the meeting in Geneva yesterday, we are closer to Level6 :

www.kbmt12.com...

(dated 1 May, but...obviously people have been expecting it)

A blog post:

www.satanspace.com...

Bloomberg (one day ahead of meeting at WHO):
www.fiercebiotech.com...

So many sources seem to concur that we are mere days from Level 6.

Now- what does that mean? closed borders? Travel only when essential? Will slow spread but not stop it.

There are not enough people in the US to enforce Martial Law-they're all deployed elsewhere- and if it is as lethal as I suspect it will become- those very officers will be exposed to the many who are ill and fleeing- and will become ill, themselves. So- is a traffic horse going to stop me from buying groceries, or from seeing my neurosurgeon?

The ramifications seem terrifying and limiting to civil liberties, but how much can "they" do? Close nightclubs and baseball stadia? So what? If it slows spread, I'm for it.

NOW- if someone arrives at my home and demands entrance- or forces a vaccination- we have a different situation- one that involves a weapon- and in my hand-not theirs.

Anyone have info on the contingency plans for your sate or country?

[edit on 6-6-2009 by CultureD]

new topics

top topics

join