It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

56 Pilot Sightings Involving Electromagnetic Effects.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
A great many examples of UFO encounters and the resulting electromagnetic effects:

National Security and UFOs: The Recent Years -1973 To The Present

Google Video Link

Richard Dolan will expand his lecture on UFOs and government secrecy to cover the last thirty years. This in fact is the time frame in the forthcoming second volume of his, UFOs and the National Security State, due for release in 2005. Dolan's approach combines a rigorous adherence to verifiable facts with the willingness not to shrink from logical conclusions. Working strictly from historical documents and verified sources, he will describe the amazing story of military encounters with UFOs since the mid-1970s.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Comprehensive NICAP catalogue of electromagentic effect UFO incidents:

In June 1960 NICAP published a booklet listing and analyzing reported cases in which electrical circuits were disrupted in the presence of UFOs. This phenomenon was first widely reported during the widespread sightings of November 1957, but subsequent research uncovered additional cases which occurred before and after the 1957 cases.The E-M report, concluding that the evidence was "sufficient to warrant a more thorough investigation of UFOs, and an attempt to learn more about the E -M phenomenon through deliberate instrumentation for that purpose," was circulated to several hundred interested parties, including scientists and members of Congress.

The E-M Report was a study of 81 main cases, plus 9 borderline cases which had some characteristics in common with the main cases. It was suggested that there were no doubt other similar experiences, either buried in the literature somewhere or unreported due to poor news coverage of UFO sightings at times. In the intervening 3-1/2 years, an additional 39 cases have been discovered. Thirty-two of these had occurred before the June 1960 publication date of the E-M Report; seven have occurred since. Where sufficient information was available to justify their inclusion, the newly discovered cases have been added to the original chronology. The combined listing of cases is reproduced below.

Link

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I really do not understand why this thread isn't flagged a billion times over. There is a lot of valuable and incredible research posted here with no small thanks going to WFA as well. Very important. Very relevant. Great job here. On a side note I also enjoyed how OBerg was dealt with. Very professional.

I feel inept in this thread as you already discovered Robert Hastings, Karl. However, I do recommend that you review some episodes of The Paracast as Hastings has been on the program several times if you have not already, plus there is a wonderful episode involving him and some military involved in various missile silo incidents as well as the Rendleshem Forest incident that took place over the course of three days in the early '80's which of course the relevance of this incident is the immobilizing of the nuclear ordinance at the facility by a UFO using a witnessed beam to penetrate the bunkers and render the ordinance useless. Fascinating account.

Cheers,

Erik

S + F'd

I would also suggest submitting this thread into the UFO directory created by JKROG08 at the top of this board. Definitely a worthy candidate.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by redwoodjedi
However, I do recommend that you review some episodes of The Paracast as Hastings has been on the program several times if you have not already, plus there is a wonderful episode involving him and some military involved in various missile silo incidents as well as the Rendleshem Forest incident that took place over the course of three days in the early '80's which of course the relevance of this incident is the immobilizing of the nuclear ordinance at the facility by a UFO using a witnessed beam to penetrate the bunkers and render the ordinance useless. Fascinating account.
Cheers,
Erik
S + F'd

I would also suggest submitting this thread into the UFO directory created by JKROG08 at the top of this board. Definitely a worthy candidate.

Redwoodjedi, thanks for the reply (and the kind words) ..and you're right about W.A.A.'s contribution.
Will certainly have a look into the Paracast interviews you mention as the nuclear facility/military installation aspect of the UFO phenomenon is a truly interesting one - if you've not read it before then 'Clear Intent' by Lawrence Fawcett and Barry J. Greenwood is an excellent book on the subject.
As for JKrog's thread directory -will post it there forthwith.
Cheers

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by redwoodjedi
However, I do recommend that you review some episodes of The Paracast as Hastings has been on the program several times if you have not already, plus there is a wonderful episode involving him and some military involved in various missile silo incidents as well as the Rendleshem Forest incident that took place over the course of three days in the early '80's which of course the relevance of this incident is the immobilizing of the nuclear ordinance at the facility by a UFO using a witnessed beam to penetrate the bunkers and render the ordinance useless. Fascinating account.
Cheers,
Erik
S + F'd

Redwoodjedi, thanks for the reply (and the kind words) ..and you're right about W.A.A.'s contribution.
Will certainly have a look into the Paracast interviews you mention as the nuclear facility/military installation aspect of the UFO phenomenon is a truly interesting one - if you've not read it before then 'Clear Intent' by Lawrence Fawcett and Barry J. Greenwood is an excellent book on the subject.
As for JKrog's thread directory -will post it there forthwith.
Cheers

Outstanding, my friend!

You deserve every one of those kind words. Yes! get on the directory right away. I have that sucker favorited (sic) as it is a valuable resource as well as the ATS TinWiki.

I'll poke around on my sources and get the suggested reading. Nope. Haven't read it before. Good Authors though!

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

Redwoodjedi -cheers matey, that certainly is a mighty fine book.

Other E.M. UFO incidents:

Large 'V'-Shaped UFO encounter with US Navy nuclear submarine; electromagnetic effects

Date: October 24, 1989

Summary: From the witness:

"My ship was on patrol about 150 miles of the Florida coast.We were cruising at about 500 feet when the submarine started experiencing electronics problems.... I saw a large inverted V-shaped UFO off the port side....This huge vessel was over a half mile across. The UFO made a half circle around our ship then passed across the stern..."

Link

---

Close Encounter at Indian Point Nuclear Reactor, NY

Date: June 14, 1984

Summary:

The object consisted of ten or more lights arranged in a boomerang pattern. It appeared to be hovering about a quarter of a mile from one of the gates to the complex, and at that distance, they could not make out any shape... He estimated the object was at least 300 feet from one end to the other.

Witness testimony:

“It approached form basically the same direction as before, and this time the lights were changing, First, they would all be yellow, then white, and then all turned blue. The lights were in a semicircle, and in the rear, pretty far back, was this red, blinking light,”

Stars were blocked from sight as the object moved between them and the guards.

“As the object approached the plant, I got about as close as 500 feet from it,” Carl said. “It looked like and ice cream cone. You could see it was a solid body about the size of three football fields. At this time, it was directly over our heads, and we were looking up at it. It was still moving, but very slowly. I could walk and keep up with it, so it mist have been going slower than five to ten miles an hour.”

Carl said he and the other guards watched the object for about twenty minutes. All the time you could see the structure behind it.”

Reported E.M. effects:

1As the object approached the east gate of Reactor Number Three, the neclear plant's security system shut down. Sensors that detect movement shut down, and the entire alarm system failed.

2. Inside the security console, the computer that controls all security and communications systems shut down.

Link

Hudson Valley: Lights, Triangles and Boomerangs

---

Large UFO illuminates lake

Date: February 26, 1975

Summary:

Two men sighted two UFOs at Lake Sorell in Tasmania. "It was about 2-1/2 miles away when we saw it move - and then it was right there only about 1,000 yards away and 500 feet above the lake." The size of the object was no less than 200 feet in diameter. During the next few minutes the object turned on a "monstrous light" which was directed down toward the lake.

Description:

"Underneath each of the craft was a red, pulsing light in the center and other red to orange lights running around the circumference. The two objects stood out clearly, then one of them headed toward the fishermen's location.

During the next few minutes the object turned on a "monstrous light" which was directed down toward the lake. It was half the diameter of the UFO itself, the shaft of it was well defined, and it came from one side of the bottom of the UFO. The light was very intense and it was painful to the eyes to look at it. Smith compared its brilliance to that of a welding torch. While watching the phenomena he took careful sightings on hills in the area with which he was familiar. The spill of light from around the main shaft of the light illuminated a distance of 1-1/2 miles around the lake.

The two men had a large tent set up at the lakeside together with cover for the car. The car's radio was being used because a portable radio he had was not strong enough to pick up radio stations some distance away. Smith observed that when the UFO flew close to their camp site the car radio emitted a loud "intense static noise." Still watching the object, Smith traversed the radio dial across the whole band but he could not pick up one radio station. "There was just the static," he said.
Link

---

US aircraft carrier 'stopped' by large, glowing UFO; electromagnetic effects

Date: 1971

Summary:

From the witness: "We heard someone yelling 'There is something hovering over the ship!'... As we looked up, we saw a large, glowing sphere.... It made no sound that I could hear. The light coming from it wasn't too bright, about half of what the sun would be. It sort of pulsated a little and was yellow to orange... Virtually all electronic components stopped functioning during the 20 minutes or so that the UFO hovered over the ship. "

Link

---

Unidentified maneuvering lights seen from US Navy ship; radiation detected afterwards

Date: 1986

Summary:

During one of my scans of the night sky, out of know where, four red circular lights appeared... The four lights, in a flash, darted towards the horizon amazingly fast... Then all four shot straight up into outer-space and out of sight, all within a split second... After a half hour had passed since the sighting, the radiation detection system on the bridge started making a loud clicking sound."

Link

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Dr. J. Allen Hynek (chief scientific consultant to Project Blue Book) discusses the details of the Levelland UFO case:
www.ufosnw.com...

Levelland, TX & Other Locations in W. TX & E. NM
Bright Lights Hover Over Roads Car Engines Shut Down:
www.ufosnw.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Very interesting UFO incident involving the disruption of output at a power plant and the electrical black out of a whole town:

The Unsolved UFO Mystery of April 18,1962:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
UFO stops car's DVD player in Brazil:

On February 13, A Mr Genivaldo Rodrigues was standing outside his car taking a break from driving when he allegedly saw a silver disc zooming towards him. He grabbed his camera which he happened to have on him at the time and snapped a photo. He then saw another disc following the first and managed to capture an image of that too.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2723e90f1aae.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6cf70a25f69a.jpg[/atsimg]

When he got back into the car his DVD player stopped working as did his GPS. After driving for a short time his car engine stopped on him twice for no apparent reason: he alleges this hadn’t ever occurred with this car before. He was able to re-set his GPS but his DVD player remains broken.

naturalplane.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
NICAP listings - Electromagnetic effect UFO incidents.

1945-1963

1964-1992

EM effects database (pdf)

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
CIA memorandum describing radar confirmed UFO incident over Long Island and the resulting E.M. effects.

1957 CIA Memo Concerning UFO Report

The CIA memorandum, the text of which is reproduced below, was located in the 1979 microfiche set of The Declassified Documents Catalogue, published by Research Publications, Inc., Woodbridge CT, available at Federal Deposit Libraries.
It is an interesting document for several reasons:

* It mentions interest in UFO at a very high level of the intelligence community, the Intelligence Advisory Committee (IAC)

* It mentions what is possibly electromagnetic interference with multiple radars coincident with detection of a UFO

* It mentions action by elements of the military and intelligence communities very quickly after a UFO report

Link:
www.cufon.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Planes chased by elliptical luminous object, EM effects over Japan

Date: March 21, 1965

Summary:

Three Japanese airline pilots reported Friday night that they were 'chased by a flying saucer' while they were on their scheduled flights between this city and Osaka.

" 'A mysterious elliptical luminous object appeared just after I had passed Himeji. I was flying at the time at an altitude of about 2,000 metres. The object followed for a while, and then stopped for about three minutes, and then followed along my left wing across the Inland Sea for a distance of about 90 kilometres (55 miles) until we reached Matsuyama on Shikoku Island. It then disappeared'.

He said the object emitted a greenish coloured light and violently affected his automatic direction finder and his radio. He said he tried to contact the Osaka communications tower but was unsuccessful.

His co-pilot Tetsu Umashima tried to contact the Matsuyama tower to report on their observation of the strange object. While he was trying to do so, he heard the frantic calls from the pilot of a Tokyo Airlines 'Apache', who said he was being chased by a 'mysterious luminous object' while he was flying along the northern edge of Matsuyama city.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Repeated UFO Activity Reported at Oakridge Atomic Energy Installation - Radar Jammed, Interceptors Scrambled:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8387bd814ff3.jpg[/atsimg]

www.theufochronicles.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fls13
Antarctic sightings always intrigue me. As you may know, Earth is situated within the galaxy so the South Pole is facing towards most of the star population and the Northern Hemisphere faces out towards the more open universe.

Fls13,theres an interesting declassified CIA Document here mentioning Antartica:

ANTARTIC FLYING SAUCERS--A group of red,green, and yellow flying saucers has been seen flying over Deception Island for two hours by Argentine,Chilean, and British bases in Antarctica. The flying saucers were also seen flying in formation over the South Orkney islands in quick circles. (Buenos Aires AMSA Spanish 1556 GMT 6 July 1965--P)

www.ufocrashsite.com...

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
EM interference case from Paraguay,1991

1991: Paraguay.

A radar/visual UFO sighting was reported on the night of June 8 from two airplanes: a private Cessna 210 carrying three passengers, and a Paraguayan Air Lines flight from Asunción to Miami. Air traffic control at Asunción's airport detected an unknown radar track and also saw an object hovering over a runway. An official document from the Civil Aeronautical Agency of the Ministry of Defense confirms the radar detection. The Cessna's automatic direction finder (ADF) malfunctioned during the sighting. Pilot César Escobar reported:

"During close approaches, the Cessna instruments 'went crazy'... The (ADF) was moving around indiscriminately, without any sense of direction. When the light moved a little farther away, everything returned to normal. It repeated this 'game' several times. It seemed to be under intelligent control."

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
UFO case from Argentina -EM Effects.

Argentina - Giant UFO Causes Huge Commotion 11/26/09

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
There are 2 airbus flight that suddently crash this year : this need investigation

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
1978 Australian pilot Fredrick Velantich and his plane disappear from the radar and goes missing after reporting an encounter with a very mysterious aircraft.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I hope nobody has posted this yet:

www.narcap.org...

"Aviation Safety in America: A Previously Neglected Factor" by Richard Haines.

Super interesting read with a section showing diagrams of various pacings and maneuvers that have been reported by pilots.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join