It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermann: 'Quarantine' Fox News for inciting hate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Olbermann: 'Quarantine' Fox News for inciting hate

rawstory.com

“The time has come to quarantine Fox News,” declared MSNBC pundit Keith Olbermann Monday night.

In his usual enthusiastic fashion, Olbermann took Fox News host Bill O’Reilly to task for repeated vitriolic attacks he made on the late Dr. George Tiller, the Kansas abortion doctor who was murdered Sunday. He said he believes the conservative news channel had a hand in the doctor’s death.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rawstory.com
rawstory.com
rawstory.com

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think that Fox News may have some part in feeding the hatred and basically helping 'load' the gun that killed Tiller, it is a stretch though i admit ... an interesting quote:

"Call a man a baby killer, a Nazi, like al-Qaeda, like Stalin, like Hitler, do it for four years,” Olbermann continued. “Then, the last part of the ingredient, act surprised when somebody shoots the man.”

Olberman documented at least 12 instances where O Reilly attacked the doctor on his program

There was an interesting comment left by one of the people on the story:

If I were the family of Dr. Tiller, I would sue O’Reilly, Fox News, Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailles for a cool $2 billion for incitement to kill, libel and slander. On the criminal side they should all be tried as accessories to murder.

When will the right wing media be held accountable for their violence baiting?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-6-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread on this subject.

M&M commercials led me to buy and eat a bunch of them. Thats why I'm fat.

Ford commercials led me to buy their vehicle which I promptly crashed and permantly injured myself.

Sabbath and Marilyn Manson music made me kill a bunch of people and then myself.

To suggest O'Reilly influenced someone to commit murder is ignorant. I could use that same logic in each of the three things I listed and 2 of them would lead to me filing a lawsuit and becoming extraordinarly rich.

The responsibliliy starts and ends with the murderer. Blame should not even be hinted at being directed at someone else, unless that person knowingly was involved in the murder.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
As much as I loathe Fox News's brand of "journalism" (more so than the other news channels that think they do actually "reporting"), just can't agree that they should be held responsible for his death. That's going down a slippery slope where people can be held responsible for people's deaths just for expressing their (however twisted) opinions to the wrong person.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Olberman>?? do people actually still watch him?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Olbermann is a hypocrite beyond belief.

Fox may be bad and i admit, but msnbc are rubbish in this area too.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Olbermann is a moron and I doubt he wants to go down this road. If he wants to play the hardball game, then anything he's ever said negative about someone who has ever snapped can be held against him regardless of whether he's said it one time or has droned on about it for years. The fact is it reached a wide audience.

Stupid jackass doesn't think people are accountable for their own actions.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is one of the most definitive cases of "the pot calling the kettle black" that I've ever seen.

Olbermann, please get over yourself real soon ...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I put fox news on for like 8 minutes and i swear my blood pressure rose. my heart was beating faster. it really is a health hazzard and complete nonsense. I dont get how freedom of speech really only appolies to media corporations. so many things i cant say or do because im either at work or in public, because i can be fired and or arrested, but these people spew hate into our living rooms and we can only change the station, but its addictive and some people may already be zoned in, like being spaced out on drugs. i think he is right and i think fox, and a lot of other news agency should be held accountable. freedom of speech is to the individual if anything, not for huge entities and not the individual.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
olberman is a fraud and another liberal whacko who believes that unity absolutely does equal the eradication of dissent.

those of his ilk firmly feel that disagreement with the unhinged left wing agenda is simple hatred.

in other words: thought crime.

political correctness can only be defeated by refusing to participate.

the alinsky tactic loses its teeth as more people are aware of its nature and purpose.

its not enough that the mainstream media has been reduced to propaganda machines of the state, the one outlet that refuses to participate will continue to be demonised and declared enemies of the state.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Oberdork was a terible sports caster and an even worse example of a so called journalist. He has no credentials other than he is more than willing to spew what ever he is told to whether its true or not, just who pays him the most!
He is the true essense of a media whore!
Zindo

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Freedom of speech equal only to the freedom to adhere.

Freedom of action equal only to the freedom to consequence.

Say what you want, but don't be so quick/stupid to imprint ANYTHING ANYONE says into your 'value/belief system'. For when you watch everyone jump from the bridge, you must ask yourself, "To be or not to be?" Therein lies the recipe for success... or failure.

The anchors SHOULDN'T say stuff like this is a point of view - one that ultimately leads to, in the extreme, the ability to be held accountable for thinking "wrong".

The man SHOULDN'T have shot the doc is a fact - even "He", who this man seemingly did this act "in the name of", would agree with my athiestic views on this matter.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by shanerz]

join