It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect pleads not guilty in soldier's death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Suspect pleads not guilty in soldier's death

news.yahoo.com

A Muslim convert who already was under federal investigation pleaded not guilty Tuesday in what police called a likely "political and religious" attack that killed a young soldier at a military recruiting center.

Abdulhakim Muhammad, 23, of Little Rock, was charged in Monday's death of Pvt. William Long, 23, of Conway outside an Army-Navy Career Center in a west Little Rock shopping center. He pleaded not guilty to a capital murder charge and was ordered held without bail.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
*SNIP*

So basically the guy saw two uniforms and assumed that they must have done something to a Muslim in the past. Never mind that both of the guys he shot had just completed basic and had never seen any type of combat. Who cares about that since they were in uniform, right?

I hope this guy is convicted and thrown under the jail.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
No, no, no. according to the people on this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

The claim that this had something to do with the fact that he is a Muslim is only a ploy to spread hate and fear towards Muslims.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Anything to take the blame off the guy who pulled the trigger and put it on the military huh? That's why I haven't posted in that thread. It's shear ignorance to think that his religious and political beliefs had nothing to do with his actions.

To clarify, not all Muslims would shoot someone over their beliefs just as not all Christians would. But to suggest that none of them do and suggest that any claims that some do are just meant to inspire hate is just asinine.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I found an article over on Foxnews.com that has a bit more information.

Recruiting Center Shooting Suspect Pleads Not Guilty, Held Without Bail
While there [in Yemen], Muhammad, who was born and raised in Tennessee, studied jihad with an Islamic scholar, according to Jihadwatch.org. He moved to Little Rock in April.

After the shooting, investigators searched his apartment and found additional weapons, the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told the AP.

An FBI spokesman in Little Rock did not immediately return a call for comment.

At Tuesday's court hearing, Deputy Prosecutor Scott Duncan said Muhammad told investigators that "he would have killed more soldiers had they been in the parking lot."

Long and Ezeagwula were targeted as they stood outside the recruiting center smoking cigarettes.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This man should be charged with treason.

He attacked US Army recruiters and tried cut off the supply of recruits to the US Army and in doing so he indirectly aided the enemies of the United States ... hence treason.

We spend all this time hunting for a few terrorists in a cave in the mountains of Afghanistan when they enemy already has dozens of sleeper cells made up homegrown radicals right here in the good ol USA

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

All of the articles I've found say that he is not accused or assumed to be part of an organized group. He acted alone without anyone else pushing him into it, he wasn't part of a sleeper cell. Just wanted to clarify that point.

I've been saying for years that recruiters are unfairly targeted. This is only the most recent attack, and unfortunately it took the life of someone who had done nothing regardless of how anyone feels about the war.

new topics

top topics

join