It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Violent Religion?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Since we have establish which religion is the most peaceful... and in light of recent news of christain domestic terrorism, swift brutal islamic justice and jewish/zionist democracy/imperialism... i thought it would be relevant for us to consider which religion is the most violent in our modern day... and try to understand why.

... and while we are at it, which religion from a historically stand point takes the crown for being behind much of the world's pain and sufferings... and which religion has the most potential for being the most violent in the future?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fec410be317.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 2-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ok... i understand... everyone is weary of being the first, for fear of being grilled. Maybe the best place to start is with actual scripture that advocates a masochistic/narcissistic position in relationship to others? ... then proceed with examples of "god's words" being applied in the world... past and present... from there we should have a better idea of who the front runners are.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

Gog and Magog is something that someone might worry about. It is something that are mentioned in the Targams. When Messiah comes, he is going to be attacked by them. Looks like they correspond to Turkey. These are the same people who beat back the crusaders, so when provoked they could be potentially dangerous.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
establish which religion is the most peaceful... and in light of recent news of christain domestic terrorism, swift brutal islamic justice and jewish/zionist democracy/imperialism

But the fact is that those are not christians. God said, Jesus said.

(LOVE your enemies )

their violence is hyposcrasy.

they are not christian.

" which will be the most violent in the future "

athiesm, communism, or the antichrist when he forms his new religion and one world order.

He will make his own rules.

peace.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I think we would first need to establish that peaceful or violence is a function or result of religion.

As I can see people who are both in basically all religions, then I fail to see how we can give the religions themselves credit for either.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

But the fact is that those are not christians. God said, Jesus said.

(LOVE your enemies )

their violence is hyposcrasy.

they are not christian.

The problem is Old Testament is riddled with violence, especially dealing violent deaths to offenders (adulterers, cursing parents, etc..)

But here in New Testament, Jesus saves a prostitute from being stoned to death and yet Jesus claims he is not teaching a new law other than God's but he is also in direct violation of God's laws. Jesus seem to routinely enforce 10 commandments though(which isn't bad or even evil IMO) but he also routinely ignores the other laws given by God to Moses(especially laws about crimes).

Most especially. Toiling the Earth is the way of God burdening man as punishment, but Jesus is offering a way out of it. I could almost think that we are dealing with multiple entities, otherwise, Jesus must be the devil for acting in defiance of the law and introducing divine/supernatural secrets to man.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
I think we would first need to establish that peaceful or violence is a function or result of religion.

As I can see people who are both in basically all religions, then I fail to see how we can give the religions themselves credit for either.

If a follower/believer interprets their chosen "holy" text as the word of god and commits to applying the teachings of this instruction-guide, with or without the assistance of the church/temple/mosque, to their lives... who gets the credit for the results?

Do we blame the Bush administration's foreign policy for the negative relations we have around the world or do we blame the followers of the policy... diplomats/generals/soldiers?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all supposed to be about peace, but as one can see the practice of it is one thing. As long as men run such religions, there will be extreme violence. I have read about both Hindus and Buddhists fighting and killing each other, so those religions aren't free from such violence either.

We need to get back to the original meanings of all the religious teachings and go from there.

I also take offense at your use of the term domestic terrorism in dealing with the case of a certain doctor who committed a form of genocide. I am pro-life, and have usually been quiet on the matter (as I am progressive on other issues), but making a martyr out of this man as his co-workers were proud of the over 40,000 late term murders carried out made me physically ill.
I condemn violence of any kind to get a point across as it takes away the real problems at hand. The act of one lunatic has now made the whole pro-life community look bad. However, calling it terrorism makes the left look just as bad.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I
If a follower/believer interprets their chosen "holy" text as the word of god and commits to applying the teachings of this instruction-guide, with or without the assistance of the church/temple/mosque, to their lives... who gets the credit for the results?

The person is always responsible for their actions, good or bad

Do we blame the Bush administration's foreign policy for the negative relations we have around the world or do we blame the followers of the policy... diplomats/generals/soldiers?

I don't think it's a matter of blame, but a matter of understanding why it was bad and so forth. Assigning blame here towards people doesn't do that. If you just blame someone for it, punish them and so forth then it doesn't really help. But what does help is giving people understanding on why it was bad/wrong, so they don't do it in the future.

And when it comes to religion in this manner, you are creating groups and stereotypes. And that is a bad thing to do. Because first off, you are grouping in the bad people with the good people. Which is exactly what the bad people want. Why? Because it allows them to hide behind the good people. And so when you make charges against the group, they will just parade the exceptions in your face.

Where as, if you hold individual people responsible for individual actions, they have nothing to hide behind. But that isn't what you do when you want to talk about "religions" as if that has anything to do with it.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Where as, if you hold individual people responsible for individual actions, they have nothing to hide behind. But that isn't what you do when you want to talk about "religions" as if that has anything to do with it.

reply to post by badmedia

Children born into social and religious disciplines are certainly at a disadvantage when it comes to breaking free from the brainwashing mind set directed to them by autoritarian figures...

Basically the truth lies in the act of the individual and not in so called religion. Mankind has chosen his path. Individual and collective acts are due to the individual making choices and being submissive to mind control that they allow to dictate their actions, the old words of exuse "the devil made me do it" are the greatest of all cop out words.

Religions are created from a whole heap of thoughts...fancy thinking that if you kill a virgin and drink her blood you will be saved...or meet lucifer... Only mankinds thoughts could have thought up that crap...so, back to evil thoughts.... I reckon a rotten religion thought up by mankind are the ones that ask for animal/human blood sacrifices...my vote for being quite shocking and detrimental to the health and well being of the collective consciousness....(Jesus Christ was a blood sacrifice i am grateful He died for humanity, He did not ask anyone else to sacirifice themselves with him, or to kill livestock etc...)

[edit on 4-6-2009 by flashesofblue]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

I ... take offense at your use of the term domestic terrorism in dealing with the case of a certain doctor who committed a form of genocide. ... The act of one lunatic has now made the whole pro-life community look bad. However, calling it terrorism makes the left look just as bad.

Well... ok then, let us take a closer look...

ter⋅ror⋅ism  [ter-uh-riz-uhm]
–noun

1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.

2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

Origin:
1785–95; terror + -ism

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.
dictionary.reference.com...

According to our society's agreed upon meaning/definition, the term/word is being put to proper use. This doctor was providing a safe medical procedure for women who made this very difficult choice. The alternative is for these women to perform their own abortion... which is extremely dangerous not to mention an extremely traumatic experience... which i suppose many pro-lifers/religious would prefer? I find this to be an extremely irrational and irresponsible advocation. Women have a right to choose what they want to do with their bodies, minds and souls... and we should provide all the necessary support they require in living their lives as they see fit.

Disclaimer: if you are hyper-sensitive to colorful language, don't click/watch the following: Carlin was right, the pro-life position is anti-women.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by flashesofblue

Those people are what is called "poor in spirit". They are blessed, so don't worry for them too much. They have not heard the truth, and so they have not rejected it. So they are blessed and will eventually get the truth. They are just "blind".

The brainwashing is certainly there, but the brainwashing is not in itself a function of "religion", or the spirituality being talked about. It's more a function of greedy men who seek power by keeping people ignorant. And that happens without religion as well, as history has shown.

If the people are unable to see the manipulation between the spiritual teachings of religion, and the brainwashing that goes on, they will not be able to see it elsewhere either. But if/when they come to see it, then they will see it in all things and no longer be deceived.

I think that Jesus being a blood sacrifice is satanic. That the truth has died so that the lie may live. The lie will live until the truth is resurrected.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
ahnggk

Because the NT era was about the new sacrafice and forgiveness. Jesus did come to replace the old practices, but the commands stayed in tact.

This is the age of forgiveness. So thus is why he said love your enemies.

He didn't say this for no reason. Murder is still a commandment, and loving enemies is commanded by God.

this is why aholes attack christians because they know we will turn the other cheeck.

peace.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by flashesofblue

Only mankinds thoughts could have thought up that crap...so, back to evil thoughts.... I reckon a rotten religion thought up by mankind are the ones that ask for animal/human blood sacrifices...

I would vote for the religion that would kill three thousand people on 911 to start wars to kill another million.
Daniel 11:38 What he will honor is a god of fortresses – a god his fathers did not acknowledge he will honor with gold, silver, valuable stones, and treasured commodities.
This is talking about the world order at the end.
Something like a new religion that is based on world wide looting.
It is not so much new, but old and hidden in secret and becomes evident when the wicked come forward who will bring the necessity for God to rescue a remnant, while they destroy the planet in total annihilation.
The followers of Mohamed would do war for the sake of spreading their religion. These other people will create a war for the ultimate sacrifice, the people of Earth. They believe their god will protect them inside their fortification.
The word for their god has a double meaning. A literal fortress and a force, as in the forces of nature.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
this is why aholes attack christians because they know we will turn the other cheek.

not quite... it's more like...
"realists correcting surrealists, because they are messing up the world "
... it may seem like attacks... but it's really just good old fashion tough-love.

The real world is made of every imaginable shade of grey. What our most abusive/violent religions advocate is to see everything in terms of black and white... this is he source of all the hypocritical judgment and hatred stems from.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I am pro-life and not anti-woman. I do not like it that many of the radicals on the pro abortion side seem to want to use those terms to demonize the position of the pro-life movement. Is my mother and sister anti-woman because they are pro-life? I know more pro-life women than I do pro-life men.

I am also a Pagan, but I cherish the sanctity of life and am proud of both. I am pro life and pro peace. (This is my last rant to deal with the hot topic of abortion. I do not want to derail or be accused of derailing the topic posted.)

I will not state that all Muslims are violent because of a few radicals who are terrorists. The Christians who do forget about the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades were started by the Christians.

All the religions are about peace and love. It is true that there are many violent passages in the Koran and Bible, but they were written over a thousand years ago when that was how people lived.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
I would vote for the religion that would kill three thousand people on 911 to start wars to kill another million.

ok... since 911 was an inside job and Bush is a Christian... you can do the math.

If you buy the official story, then this is a symptom of being religious... it makes you believe in magic (aka naive)... and thus allow the real criminals to go free while you cheer on our country's murder and theft of the Iraqi people for oil, israel, the dollar and geo-political dominance.

...and on a related note... religions that embrace the idea of armageddon are determined to rope us all into their twisted self-fulfilling prophecy. Christians United For Israel is a prime example of this:

(click to open player in new window)

It all starts with the belief/application of a script... the word/wish/permission of god:

And the LORD spake unto Moses saying, 'Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them the following' ...“When ye are passed over the Jordan river into the land of Canaan, ye shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you, and destroy all their pictures, and destroy all their molten images, and tear down all their high places

And ye shall dispossess the inhabitants of the land, and dwell therein, for I have given you the land to possess it. But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; then it shall come to pass, that those which shall remain shall be pricks in your eyes and thorns in your sides and shall vex you in the land wherein ye dwell

Book of Numbers 33:50-56

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

I am also a Pagan, but I cherish the sanctity of life and am proud of both. I am pro life and pro peace. (This is my last rant to deal with the hot topic of abortion. I do not want to derail or be accused of derailing the topic posted.)

Actually if we dig deeper the pro-life issue is right on target. Since we have the Pope promoting abstinence in place of comprehensive sex-ed... we have more women who are vulnerable to STDs and unplanned/unwanted pregnancies. If the option to have an abortion is not available ... many resort to doing it themselves and end up dying or causing permanent damage.

As far as late-term abortions go, this number wouldn't be so high if it weren't for the Christian/Catholic communities giving women such a complex over the decision. When you have all of these people around you talking you into having a baby that you don't want... months fly by and before you know it ... it's almost too late, for once the baby is out the rules change.

Abstinence programs during the Bush years have proven to be massive failures. The answer is comprehensive sex-ed, contraceptives, the morning after pill... and early term abortion clinics... if these products and services were readily available and supported by all private and public orgs then late-term abortions would be rarities.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

ok... since 911 was an inside job and Bush is a Christian... you can do the math.
You are living in some sort of dream land if you think Bush is a Christian.
He likes the part about the world being destroyed, in the Book of Revelation, that does not make you a Christian just someone who loves death and the idea that he is serving his master by killing as many people as possible. His master is not Jesus, the man of peace. His master is Lucifer.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
You are living in some sort of dream land if you think Bush is a Christian.

So i dreamed that Bush, the born-again pro-lifer, believes God changed his heart, chose him to be President and advised him to go to war in Iraq? Then why did Rumsfeld included pro-war Christian passages in his reports to Bush and why did Bush state that he was a Christian in his book, A Charge to Keep. Why would the Bush "White House teleconference every Monday with a handful of Christian conservatives to plot strategy on gay marriage, abortion and other issues on the social agenda"? ... if he wasn't Christian?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join